Is it high time to suspend BCCI owing to incessant political interference?

Is it high time to suspend BCCI owing to incessant political interference?

• Total voters
Well if India does play in Pakistan then they have a better chance of winning CT as both countries have flat pitches like highways.

I think going forward ICC tourneys should only be hosted by countries that have won a WC or the trophy in the format that is being played.

Therefore for ODI: only OZ, Eng, Pak, Ind, SL, WI
For T20: Oz, Eng, Pak, SL, WI, Ind
For CT: SA, NZ, Ind, Pak, Oz, SL

No non winning team should ever host an ICC trophy, that will give laggards like BD an impetus to win something, else why host in a country where the crowds will be rubbish as they know their team has no chance of winning anything.

I think going forward ICC tourneys should only be hosted by countries that have won a WC or the trophy in the format that is being played.

Therefore for ODI: only OZ, Eng, Pak, Ind, SL, WI
For T20: Oz, Eng, Pak, SL, WI, Ind
For CT: SA, NZ, Ind, Pak, Oz, SL

No non winning team should ever host an ICC trophy, that will give laggards like BD an impetus to win something, else why host in a country where the crowds will be rubbish as they know their team has no chance of winning anything.

Ideally, all ICC events should be hosted by England. Best venue for an ICC event.

It shouldn't be hosted in India because it feels like a home bilateral series for India. It doesn't feel like a World Cup.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka shouldn't host because vibes are boring there. Same with West Indies.

Pakistan can host I guess. But, it still doesn't feel as lively as it does in England. Also, pitches are too flat.

Ideally, all ICC events should be hosted by England. Best venue for an ICC event.

It shouldn't be hosted in India because it feels like a home bilateral series for India. It doesn't feel like a World Cup.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka shouldn't host because vibes are boring there. Same with West Indies.

Pakistan can host I guess. But, it still doesn't feel as lively as it does in England. Also, pitches are too flat.
Even more ideally, all cricket should only be played by big-moustached English guys from either Eton or Harrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

You have your view, I have mine. ICC tourneys should only be held in countries that have won it, countries need to earn the right to host it and therefore no more nonsensical US, Canada, BD, UAE type experiments. You want to hold a tounrney, make a champion side first.

Plus the matches should be held for optimal viewing of the the country that brings in the most moolah and also suits that of it's Western neighbour as CBM....

Even more ideally, all cricket should only be played by big-moustached English guys from either Eton or Harrow.

Us brown sub-continent coolies shouldn't be allowed to play it or if we're really keen, maybe we can play among each other while carrying the luggage on our heads (coolies you see!) to make it realistic.
Plus reverse swing, spin, doosra, leg glance, ramp, Dil Scoop should all be banned.

Only Asian influence to be kept is 🐍 dance....

Plus reverse swing, spin, doosra, leg glance, ramp, Dil Scoop should all be banned.

Only Asian influence to be kept is 🐍 dance....

I have always been anti-nagin dance. It belongs in Bollywood. Not sure why BD did that.

As a lifelong fan of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Saqlain Mushtaq, I have always enjoyed reverse swing and doosra.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread.

Guys plz don't derail the thread with irrelevant stuff
Who brought in the irrelevant conversation of where ICC tourneys should be held? Should have been nipped in the bud mate

Convos about should BCCI be suspended, not where a certain chaps opinion on where we should have tourneys- thats where the derailing happened....

Let's walk back on why GOI is not allowing Indian men's team to visit Pakistan.

First one in security. Second one, maybe they don't want Pak to enjoy the monetary benefits from Indian men's team visit. Why?

Kashmir Pulwama. 26/11 Mumbai. Kargill.

I do believe that Pakistani civilan govt would have prevented them if they had known about it before.

The PCB is appointed by PM, who himself is a puppet of establishment. Entire PCB is run by govt while BCCI is an autonomous body. If left alone BCCI would probably like to visit Pak, but they don't have the governmental clearance.

If Pakistani's military has stopped interfering in Pakistan, and in India, this whole discussion would have been pointless.

Let's walk back on why GOI is not allowing Indian men's team to visit Pakistan.

First one in security. Second one, maybe they don't want Pak to enjoy the monetary benefits from Indian men's team visit. Why?

Kashmir Pulwama. 26/11 Mumbai. Kargill.

I do believe that Pakistani civilan govt would have prevented them if they had known about it before.

The PCB is appointed by PM, who himself is a puppet of establishment. Entire PCB is run by govt while BCCI is an autonomous body. If left alone BCCI would probably like to visit Pak, but they don't have the governmental clearance.

If Pakistani's military has stopped interfering in Pakistan, and in India, this whole discussion would have been pointless.

Why does India tour the UK which reduced it from the world's greatest economy to 4 seperate third

It's high time that the both PCB and BCCI discussed with the governments and made their stances clear about ALL future tourneys. All parties (ICC, the boards, broadcasters, fans) need clarity instead of constant back and forth on each tournament.

So BCCI can put out a statement saying they wont visit Pakistan for the foreseeable future, any tournament hosted by Pakistan will have to be a hybrid model with knockouts abroad.

ICC knows this far in advance then and contracts and schedules are decided accordingly

If Mohsin Naqvi can't make CT 2025 an all Pakistan hosted event then he should resign straight away or make Pakistan pull out from upcoming future events in India. Even be adamant on not facing India in CT 2025 outside Pakistan

If Mohsin Naqvi can't make CT 2025 an all Pakistan hosted event then he should resign straight away or make Pakistan pull out from upcoming future events in India. Even be adamant on not facing India in CT 2025 outside Pakistan
Yaar, no one in Pakistan is capable of doing that. PCB will have to back down.
IT will be a farce with final and SF location already pre determined for India like we had in this T20 World cup.

Yaar, no one in Pakistan is capable of doing that. PCB will have to back down.
IT will be a farce with final and SF location already pre determined for India like we had in this T20 World cup.
Its all about will power, I know its difficult but not impossible. Anybody doing that would set a good precedent for other boards too.

Its all about will power, I know its difficult but not impossible. Anybody doing that would set a good precedent for other boards too.
Respectfully disagree. There is fine line between foolishness and courage.
Why hasn't the Arab world fully boycotted the West on Israel? Why is everyone just ok with the stupid status Quo of Taiwan, it goes on both USA and China side? Tons and tons of such crazy examples. Has USA and Europe sanctioned India or China for continue to engage with Russia on trade?
There are ample precedents of PCB raising a ruckus , threatening to sue and failing and then falling back in line.
Its not worth it, honestly PCB making this an issues will only put a sharper spotlight on how terrible the situation is for them, when they have to back down again. PCB tried setting a precedent in 2023 World Cup didn't they?
And, literally why on earth will any of the boards follow PCB?? Please see things from their POV too not just PCB.

Sometimes you have to bide your time. You can't be boom boom Afridi always, when situation is tough patience and delicate handling is required.

Why is PCB giving NOCs for Pakistani players to play in overseas leagues teams owned or controlled by IPL teams ?

Should have some izzat and prevent enriching IPL owners' bank accounts using their own players?

I

it was not prime minister bro. I guess you are misunderstood.
Oh yes it was your cricket chief.

So are you saying people in Pakistan (and India) have the same feelings for Australia as they have for the 'Dushman mulk'? Both countries face a very different level of security calculation when visiting what is essentially an enemy nation.

I appreciate that Pakistan calculated it was safe enough security-wise to travel to India for the world cup but who are you or I to dictate that the Indian government should feel the same? Virtually every developed country has a security advisory on travel to Pakistan.

While the Indian government may be using (I'm not saying it is for sure) as an excuse to disallow the cricket team from traveling to Pakistan, it's not a silly excuse as you're making it out to be

Oh yes it was your cricket chief.

So are you saying people in Pakistan (and India) have the same feelings for Australia as they have for the 'Dushman mulk'? Both countries face a very different level of security calculation when visiting what is essentially an enemy nation.

I appreciate that Pakistan calculated it was safe enough security-wise to travel to India for the world cup but who are you or I to dictate that the Indian government should feel the same? Virtually every developed country has a security advisory on travel to Pakistan.

While the Indian government may be using (I'm not saying it is for sure) as an excuse to disallow the cricket team from traveling to Pakistan, it's not a silly excuse as you're making it out to be
Pakistan vs India rivalry is not the same as Pakistan and Australia. Not even close

My only point is if INDIA is not willing to come, why are they trying to move the whole event out from Pakistan when all other teams are ready to come to Pakistan for the event.

India should just say "no we are not coming" and that is it. SL comes in and the event go as planned. SIMPLE.

Pakistan vs India rivalry is not the same as Pakistan and Australia. Not even close

My only point is if INDIA is not willing to come, why are they trying to move the whole event out from Pakistan when all other teams are ready to come to Pakistan for the event.

India should just say "no we are not coming" and that is it. SL comes in and the event go as planned. SIMPLE.
Hmmm is it PCB who try to move 2011 world cup away from india/ Srilanka/ Bangladesh after the 2009 Srilanka team attacks . PCB has audacity to claim if pakistan is not safe then whole subcontinent is not safe and World Cup must move even after botched up President level security, Every Opportunity PCB got try pull all of subcontinent together with it eventhough issue is with PCB and pakistan. If with 0 pull ,PCB is trying everything to hurt others and then espect others not to do is Quite Foolish.

Hmmm is it PCB who try to move 2011 world cup away from india/ Srilanka/ Bangladesh after the 2009 Srilanka team attacks . PCB has audacity to claim if pakistan is not safe then whole subcontinent is not safe and World Cup must move even after botched up President level security, Every Opportunity PCB got try pull all of subcontinent together with it eventhough issue is with PCB and pakistan. If with 0 pull ,PCB is trying everything to hurt others and then espect others not to do is Quite Foolish.
yo @Rajdeep some truth bombs here for you

AGAIN....SIMPLE NO will do the trick.

Banning BCCI is like banning America.

No point in discussing the impossible.

Why blame BCCI?
Isn't the responsibility lies with PCB & ICC to go ahead with the tournament without Indian participation?

India is only telling ICC the options. Its for ICC to decide.

ICC will decide who comes and goes and where the event will be held.

First of all, I do not agree with the question. Second in an hypothetical case even if it was to be done, who is going to bell the cat ?

I do not mind if England host every single tournament. Great venues. Great crowd. Great atmosphere.
Ofcourse you won't mind that since both your countries (country of origin and where you reside now) are in mess as far as game of Cricket is concerned.

Rest of us don't want all tournaments played in gloomy atmosphere where you have to literally keep an eye on weather watch all the time.

Ofcourse you won't mind that since both your countries (country of origin and where you reside now) are in mess as far as game of Cricket is concerned.

Rest of us don't want all tournaments played in gloomy atmosphere where you have to literally keep an eye on weather watch all the time.

It has nothing to do with that really. I am not a blind nationalist. LOL.

I am a lover of cricket. I believe England is the best place for cricket. It has nothing to do with any other factor.

It has nothing to do with that really. I am not a blind nationalist. LOL.

I am a lover of cricket. I believe England is the best place for cricket. It has nothing to do with any other factor.
Lets me rephrase it. You're not a nationalist at all.

I think its you who is posting regarding venues and all in a thread which has nothing to do with it.. Please read the thread title and tell us how your 'Bangladeshi /Pakistani/Canadian' thought process is relevant to the topic.

Lets me rephrase it. You're not a nationalist at all.

I think its you who is posting regarding venues and all in a thread which has nothing to do with it.. Please read the thread title and tell us how your 'Bangladeshi /Pakistani/Canadian' thought process is relevant to the topic.

The comment was a response to someone else's post.

I have already posted my reply relevant to the topic. Now stop derailing the thread.

Back