Just bought a CA white gold

ak23

Debutant
Runs
Just bought a CA white gold bat from Desisport.com and was wondering if someone else have had any experience dealing with them..the bat seems a bit too light for it being a hard ball bat.

i have seen it before but could not play cause it was a bit light for mr.but i have dealt with similar profiled bats.

I have bought team stuff from Murtaza/Desi Sport. His stuff are original but CA Gold is low end cricket stuff. If you wanna go for something better than try CA plus.
If you are looking for economical bat then go for Ihsan 404 which you can buy at http://www.cricketequipmentusa.com/ for USD 75. Its English willow bat. Oil and knock it in and you are good to go. My entire team prefer this one particular bat.
Go for inexpensive not cheap, there is a difference....you will never get quality with cheap

hi...this bat was not my first choice it was part of the kit I purchased from desisport. Anyways, thanks confirming that the bat is real.

CA White Gold is a very very old bat. Has probably been sitting in a factory for 5 years or longer.

CA White Gold is a very very old bat. Has probably been sitting in a factory for 5 years or longer.

Actually no, its a regular production bat and is quite a hit with local players for economical price and good performance. Probably not exporting lots of them though. So this is probably new of the factory shelf and a nice piece of willow too. Good bat mate.

Actually no, its a regular production bat and is quite a hit with local players for economical price and good performance. Probably not exporting lots of them though. So this is probably new of the factory shelf and a nice piece of willow too. Good bat mate.

Wasn't aware that they still produce the older bats. Does this mean if say I ordered an Inzi 329 from the CA factory it would still be G1 and it wouldn't be an old bat?

Thanks guys...this is my first bat so I am enjoying it. I have also been searching for runners with spikes but there is too much information on the net for me to make a sound decision, and truthfully I don't know if I need metal spikes or rubber would do. I hope someone here can recommend a product:
Needs; Medium pacer, middle order batsman but very flat footed
Wants; not super expensive, comfortable

Hi you seem to know enough about this bat, could you tell me where could I get a better thicker grip for this bat then to the original.

Thanks guys...this is my first bat so I am enjoying it. I have also been searching for runners with spikes but there is too much information on the net for me to make a sound decision, and truthfully I don't know if I need metal spikes or rubber would do. I hope someone here can recommend a product:
Needs; Medium pacer, middle order batsman but very flat footed
Wants; not super expensive, comfortable

first of all, your bat looks really nice, the grains on it are very good indeed, wish you best of luck for it.......
and you asked about spikes, rubber ones or the metal ones, depends on the type of grounds you play on, if you play on lush green and grassy grounds, then go with the metal spikes, but if the grounds are damp and muddy then go with the rubber studs, but i'd suggest you to get some decent crickets shoes, they come with both rubber and metal spikes.....so you can convert them according to you needs....
nike's flywire and asics gel advance 4 are the most famous cricketing shoes out there these days, also have a look at the puma pulse shoes......

It also depends on the pitches you play on. If you play on turf, then go with metal, but if you play on the artificial pitches, then go with rubber.

thanks for suggestion sarmad and angrypathan. I am in Vancouver so its all lush green grass. Based on your suggestions I need metal spikes!!cool. Any reliable sources that has worldwide shipping??

first of all, your bat looks really nice, the grains on it are very good indeed, wish you best of luck for it.......
and you asked about spikes, rubber ones or the metal ones, depends on the type of grounds you play on, if you play on lush green and grassy grounds, then go with the metal spikes, but if the grounds are damp and muddy then go with the rubber studs, but i'd suggest you to get some decent crickets shoes, they come with both rubber and metal spikes.....so you can convert them according to you needs....
nike's flywire and asics gel advance 4 are the most famous cricketing shoes out there these days, also have a look at the puma pulse shoes......

Sarmad, what sort of grip should I add to this bat to increase the thickness. After searching on the net I have realized the rubber grips are made for each bat itself. I was hoping for the Octopus grip but if its not going to be the right match then what would you recommend?

Sarmad, what sort of grip should I add to this bat to increase the thickness. After searching on the net I have realized the rubber grips are made for each bat itself. I was hoping for the Octopus grip but if its not going to be the right match then what would you recommend?

octopus is a grip style, it can be of different thicknesses for different brands, but would always be thicker than a plain simple traditional grip, better would be to speak to a retailer....or you can use more than a grip....sachin uses a couple of grips, sometimes even 3 grips......

ak23 I don't know if you're still around, but I have this exact same bat and it has served me very well over the last couple of years.

I just wondered if you could perhaps help me. I want to get another of the same bat (i.e. the same CA White Gold as in your pictures). The only place I can find selling them is desisport.com. From their website I gather they are based in Canada.

I have e-mailed their customer support address but have had no reply. The CA White Gold separate bat they are selling on their website is this one-

http://desisport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=11

However, I assume bat you got was part of the following kit-

http://desisport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=835

I'm wary of ordering the separate bat as I don't want the older one with the old stickers (which is the one they have in the pictures for the separate bat product they have listed). You obviously got the newer one with the blue stickers so I just wanted to ask whether you have any contact at desisports that you could perhaps ask to clarify that if I order just the bat, I will receive the one with the blue stickers etc or will I receiev the same as the one you got?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
ak23 I don't know if you're still around, but I have this exact same bat and it has served me very well over the last couple of years.

I just wondered if you could perhaps help me. I want to get another of the same bat (i.e. the same CA White Gold as in your pictures). The only place I can find selling them is desisport.com. From their website I gather they are based in Canada.

I have e-mailed their customer support address but have had no reply. The CA White Gold separate bat they are selling on their website is this one-

http://desisport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=11

However, I assume bat you got was part of the following kit-

http://desisport.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=835

I'm wary of ordering the separate bat as I don't want the older one with the old stickers (which is the one they have in the pictures for the separate bat product they have listed). You obviously got the newer one with the blue stickers so I just wanted to ask whether you have any contact at desisports that you could perhaps ask to clarify that if I order just the bat, I will receive the one with the blue stickers etc or will I receiev the same as the one you got?

Thanks in advance.

hi Ozzy, sorry for the long delay (was super busy with GMAT), I hope my response can still help you.
I did get my kit including the bat from desisport. The guy is very nice to talk too, I called him up and chatted with him to see if everything is legit. I did get confirmation from another post on pakpassion that his stuff is legit and it wouldn't be off any hassle if you were to order from him.

Back