Kent v Pakistan | Kent | June 28 - 30 | 3 day tour game

Status
Not open for further replies.
aamer needs to practice his batting a bit..he surely will be needed, :)

sakss said:
whats the need to attack in a FC match...
bec its a 3 day match they want to score quickly and then give the bowlers time to settle
i dont think its a bad tactic

Last edited:
I think we missed Umar Gul's batting in the Asia Cup ( and of course his bowling)

Ali Muzaffar said:
bec its a 3 day match they want to score quickly and then give the bowlers time to settle
i dont think its a bad tactic

ya i know that but they cudve been all out for 220 odd..3 days is a lot of time...thanks to umer akmal wv touched 350 now

gulla tearing it up :gul

sakss said:
ya i know that but they cudve been all out for 220 odd..3 days is a lot of time...thanks to umer akmal wv touched 350 now

gulla tearing it up :gul
chalta hai yaar :umarakmal

So this tail can wag, all be it against a 2nd string Kent side. Lets hope they continue to wag throughout the tour.

Today seems to be Umer day with both Umers smashing the attack apart for fun!

Last edited:
The 4 bowlers have so far put up 82 runs!!!!

360 runs in a day at 4.13 is pretty good.

On a serious note. This is not how touring int'l teams spend their day against a 2nd string county team attack. Getting 360 all out.

All thanks to Umer Akmal. It's about time a few of the others stood up to be counted. For me, this will be the series that decides the fate of Shoaib Malik. With so little experience in the lineup, he is guaranteed to bat up the order, probably at his preferred position at 4 (although I think that should be Umer's position). There is no Younus or Yousuf in the line up so he certainly won't bat at 6. The stage is set for him to play a key role. If he has it in him, this is the summer where he needs to turn on the heat. If he doesn't, then it will just confirm many people's suspicions that he is simply not good enough.

So Akthar will enjoy England till he plays two T20s against Australia?

pakmania said:
Good knock Umar.

This match really should help the guys get into Test match mode.No excuses now for switching formats.Great to see that the batsmen are getting used to the conditions and getting some time out in the middle,that is if they can stay there.

Well they do have the excuse of playing Twenty20s (I think 4) before the tests.

IAJ said:
Is it confirmed that the T20 team will play this 3 day match? That is stupid! It is the test players who need to know the conditions and a 3 day match can't be played with T20 players. I just don't believe it!

:))) :))) :)))

This should sum up the current PCB what a SHAMM

*syed59* said:
Kamran Akmal and Malik showing their class right from the beginning of this tour.

Dropping catches and elegantly, stylishly scoring quickfire 20's

When did they drop catches, i mised that.

*syed59* said:
On a serious note. This is not how touring int'l teams spend their day against a 2nd string county team attack. Getting 360 all out.
I agree against a second string county side you need to get in and get some runs under your belt only umar akmal done that better improve there performances or i can see some drubbing for us in hand of england and australia this team could be worse ever in batting department ever to tour england

Tomorrow will be interesting to see how well Gul does and more importantly his fitness.

Umar played the knock which he capable of... Now My question is, Why Pak can't produce anymore Batting talent like him???

Soaib Malik Bakwass Batsman for Tests in English Conditions. Please Give him holydays to give him a chance to get to see his Wife's matches @ Wimbledon.

Sad to say our young top order was badly exposed against a county side. what will happen when we face the likes of bollinger,nannes,johnson,tait....then fin,sidebottom,anderson,s.broad. I think a terrible mistake was made here and instead of opening with amin, yasir hameed should had opened and umer amin should had batted at 3 with umar akmal then fawad to follow...bad selection i would say....well i wont bash them as they were trying to give chance to youngsters. but it was stupid to open wid amin when u had fawad and who had the exp of opening the match....hats of to the way umer akmal played.

Last edited:
I dont understand why Fawad Alam was playing since he has not been picked for tests. It would of made more sense to Play Yasir Hammeed or Imran Farhat who are picked for tests.

chui_kadoo said:
I dont understand why Fawad Alam was playing since he has not been picked for tests. It would of made more sense to Play Yasir Hammeed or Imran Farhat who are picked for tests.

Maybe they think they made a mistake and are giving him a chance to come into consideration?

Awesome_Username said:
Maybe they think they made a mistake and are giving him a chance to come into consideration?
I think Afridi is doing him a favor because he may have more of a say in a side match, although Fawad did not do himself a favor by scoring 20.

Awesome_Username said:
Personally I think Fawad should of been included in tests and not in T20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back