Lahore Qalandars tour of Australia

ataullah

First Class Captain
Runs
Lahore Qalandars will leave for Sydney on Nov 7th to play tri-series against Sydney Thunder and Sydney Sixers.

Development squad to tour Australia:

Saif Badar (right hand bat)
Usman Qadir (leg-spin)
Mohammad Irfan (right-arm fast)
Sikandar Khan (right hand bat)
Ehtisham Sultan (right-arm fast)
Tabraiz Ahmed (left hand bat)
Saadullah (right hand bat)
Rafeh Ahmed (right hand bat)
Ameer Hamza (right hand bat)
Najeed Raheed (right hand bat)
Ghulam Rabbani (slow left-arm)
Mudassar Riaz (right-arm fast)
Yasir Jan (right/left-arm fast)
Ahmed Hassan (left-arm fast)
Mohammad Umar (right-arm fast)

Last edited by a moderator:
Qalandar's development squad to tour Australia:

Usman Qadir (leg-spin)

Excellent selection.

Qalandar's development squad to tour Australia:

Usman Qadir (leg-spin)

Usman Qadir is part of the main team as "Emerging talent" & also going to Australia as part of development squad - must be genetically super talent (read privileged).

Good to see the likes of Saif Badar and Yasir Jan included. It'll be an amazing experience for these players.

I'm just happy that Arsal Sheikh isnt there..

They didn't select your favourite 'phast' bowler Ghulam Mudassir.

Maybe the epic phainti he was dished out in Zim had something to do with it.

He is playing in the Quaid-e-Azam trophy.

4/59 and 3/55 in his first game vs the mighty SNGPL. :najam

Could you tell us about the fast bowlers other than Yasir Jan.

I know 4 including Yasir.

Ehtisham is a 6'2 right arm quick, probably the quickest of the lot.

Muhammad Umar is short but he's lively and inswings the ball. Also right handed.

Mohammad Irfan is the tallest(6'4-6) of the lot and generates a lot of bounce. He has a high arm West Indian style open chested action. Stays very upright and retains his height. He's very raw but quite skilled and has good control. Can bowl some quick deliveries when he gets it right. Right handed.

I may have seen the others but don't know them by their name.

Muhammad Umar is short but he's lively and inswings the ball. Also right handed.

Mohammad Irfan is the tallest(6'4-6) of the lot and generates a lot of bounce. He has a high arm West Indian style open chested action. Stays very upright and retains his height. He's very raw but quite skilled and has good control. Can bowl some quick deliveries when he gets it right. Right handed.

Thanks. Sounds good I hope they all have a really good tour, specially Yasir. Cant wait to see how he bowls in a match.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] what are you views on this selection ?

usman qadir has been selected as the captain and picked for the main team. :facepalm:

The guy has already flopped at domestic cricket and was thinking of "leaving Pakistan" because he was way out of his depth.

This is the one selection I hate from LQ.

[MENTION=138980]TalentSpotterPk[/MENTION] what are you views on this selection ?

Excellent Selection. Would have been great Selection if they did not miss Zeeshan Malik.
Don't know how and why they missed him but Great Job by LQ overall.

95/100.

looks NICEEEEEE on description... do u any any videos of these guys by any chance?

also really looking forward to see how Saif Badar performs... he has been hyped a lot by Aaqib and normally Aaqib is good to point out players... hope they can live up to their hype..

any idea if this will be televised anywhere?

Rizwan Hussain of Lahore RS Played a brilliant inning . He has power,timing ,brilliant hand eye coordination, good bat speed and balance. I saw his innings and thought he must be find of the tournament but couldn't do much thanks to a run out (a bit on bulky side)and short temperament on the crease in the other games. If any body can watch highlights of Lahore vs Bahawalpur , I am sure he will attest this.

I believe we must not neglect other talented players outside of this squad. It is their developmental phase and we should not discard them.

I found only this video of him(Rizwan hussain) on internet and he is a lefty. In this video he can be seen hitting two sixes one against a fast bowler and other against a spinner.

He played any game under PCB (Can't say about club match), almost 2 years back & he is officially 23 now.

There should be an inquiry on how all 4 Abdul Qadir's sons got chances for Corporate teams & 3 of them representing PAK juniors, only to fade away with couple of years.

Might have something to do with him being Umar Akmal's sala niw an Umar is ofcourse LQ's main player plus brand ambassador. so must have goten brother in law accommodated.

Tabrayz Ahmed and Sikandar Khan, Two very good batsmen. Specially Tabrayz CLH with some batting similarities to Quinton De Kock. Ehtisham and Ahmad Hassan, two decent pacers. Hope they all put in decent performance.

I don't know if M Irfan is Irfan Elahi actually. If not, Irfan Elahi was impressive and unlucky to miss the squad.

Sudais, Taimoor, Rizwan and Tanveer, the notable batsmen who failed to make the squad.

Still curious. Wasn't this supposed to be a 30 members squad ?

Is this the Same Mohammad Irfan who got 4 wickets on his List A debut playing for Wapda in the final of List A tournament ?

And now plays for National Bank ?

A national bank player told me that He bowls good outswing from good length and bowls fast medium.

I saw him bowl a few deliveries in Rising stars tournament (if he is same Irfan) but did not impress me. His action is not like West Indian pacers rather its unconventional with poor mechanics where he applies breaks while delivering the ball rather than going through the crease with a flow.

A national bank player told me that He bowls good outswing from good length and bowls fast medium.

I saw him bowl a few deliveries in Rising stars tournament (if he is same Irfan) but did not impress me. His action is not like West Indian pacers rather its unconventional with poor mechanics where he applies breaks while delivering the ball rather than going through the crease with a flow.

Mechanics don't have to be perfect to be West-Indian-like. I compared it to a West Indian because it's open chested and high arm, his physique is also comparable. He's very raw atm which I highlighted. But he's quite skilled and showed good bowling acumen.

Lahore Qalandars will leave for Sydney on Nov 7th to play tri-series against Sydney Thunder and Sydney Sixers.

Development squad to tour Australia:

Usman Qadir (leg-spin)

The main attraction imo.

Mechanics don't have to be perfect to be West-Indian-like. I compared it to a West Indian because it's open chested and high arm, his physique is also comparable. He's very raw atm which I highlighted. But he's quite skilled and showed good bowling acumen.

Encouraging as its coming from you.

The boys play their first game (warm up) today against Randwick Petersham.

Link to scorecard or is it televised?
It's not being televised, I'm at the ground.

You can try to make out the scores from here.

sUSxUgZ.jpg

Lahore Qalandars win, Randwick Petersham were reduced to 57/3 (7). Ehtisham taking two wickets.

Ehtisham was comfortably the fastest bowler on show...

Riaz looks a handy all-rounder. Has a decent technique and hits the deck hard when bowling.

1.JPG

2.JPG

*** Courtesy of Lahore Qalandars

Ehtisham is a good quick bowls in the late 130's into the early 140's (he could be quicker or slower, I'm just presuming from the naked eye.) he gets steep bounce and a bit of lateral movement. I think he's one of the better quicks in the team-( haven't seen a few of the lefties bowl yet)

Riaz has potential to become a good bowling all-rounder. He has good control in terms of bowling. Didn't swing it much but hits the deck hard.

*Coogee Oval is 50m from a large beach, don't know if that has an effect on swing. If someone could tell me that'll be nice.

Ehtisham is a good quick bowls in the late 130's into the early 140's (he could be quicker or slower, I'm just presuming from the naked eye.) he gets steep bounce and a bit of lateral movement. I think he's one of the better quicks in the team-( haven't seen a few of the lefties bowl yet)

Riaz has potential to become a good bowling all-rounder. He has good control in terms of bowling. Didn't swing it much but hits the deck hard.

*Coogee Oval is 50m from a large beach, don't know if that has an effect on swing. If someone could tell me that'll be nice.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing them bowl

Didn't realise, but the boys are playing today as well. Playing the Sydney Thunder All-Stars. Boys batted first and put up 171/4 (20)

So the Qalandar team won against the Thunder Nation Cup All Stars XI by 46 runs. I know one of the players in the Thunder XI, he's just broken into one of the first grade teams in Sydney's Grade Cricket competition (One level below first class cricket), so I assume the rest of the players are also somewhere around the First/Second grade level. They play the Thunder Academy side next on Tuesday

Good to see Tabrayz Ahmad among the runs. I thought he was the best batsman in the talent hunt tournament.
[MENTION=141390]Ellipsism[/MENTION] Any insights into his batting from first match ?

Good to see Tabrayz Ahmad among the runs. I thought he was the best batsman in the talent hunt tournament.

[MENTION=141390]Ellipsism[/MENTION] Any insights into his batting from first match ?

The top 6(barring Sikander, haven't seen him) are all quite talented. Very good strokemakers.

Saif Badar needs to bat higher. That boy is TALENTED, with a capital T.

If he puts his head down and works hard he could be the next big thing for Pakistan cricket.

Back