Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

Let it go, why bother trying to argue with these people.

These are the same people who gave Mumtaz Qadri valentine's day gifts.

And for anyone questioning Malala's integrity, at least she did something. She preached education and got shot in the head for it. If that's not courage, stand up and show me what courage is.

Courage is being afraid to sleep alone at night and running away from a room with a lizard in it :yk :asif:amir

Well said Reverseslap. That would be akin to suicide - it would be stupid, hardly "courageous".

Agreed.

I was like him a few years ago, and by that I only mean the Conspiracy part. Soon, I realised how stupid it was to see Saazish in everything and ignore every deficiency of your own. Praise the army, love it, but not see it's corruption. See civil corruption and criticise it and call it a Yahoodi Sazish while ignoring 90% of population doesn't pay taxes.

He'll grow out of this "Zaid Hamid" phase, I hope

It is amusing to preach girls of your nation to stand up for your rights and show courage whilst you yourself are taking shelter in a foreign country because you can.

surely the more important point is why a 16 year old girl who wants to get educated needs shelter in another country in the first place.

Provide one example of how she's being used to further secular propaganda.

And if you think that supporting the idea of women being educated is either secular or propaganda then I pity your soul.

TTP is CIA funded which is waging a war on Islam. Shooting Malala is just another attempt to defame Islam through these agents as some vicious ideology. If you didn't read it the first time, I mentioned in my post that Islam empowers women and is not against education. But in Islam, attaining religious knowledge is of higher importance which is the curriculum for primary and secondary education. Once students go through that, then they can pursue mastery of other fields of knowledge which can also be used as a tool for Dawah. As I keep on mentioning, you need a real Islamic State where this comprehensive educational policy will be implemented and those within the state wanting to pursue higher studies will also be given the opportunity free of charge. Did I mention, education is free in Khilafah state?

Anyhow, here Malala is being used as a tool to bring in massive funding for profit driven schools whose curriculum will be secular, further weakening the Muslim's belief in Islam's ability to solve existing problems. As someone who grew up in Karachi and attended private school, I know full well what the agenda is now that I look back. Concepts such as nationalism, democracy etc. are a dominant part of the curriculum where as Islamic studies are limited to some history and memorization of few Surahs as I remember it.

I pity this girl who is being manipulated who is an otherwise a bright kid but as I previously mentioned, her father is the real culprit.

From Saudi Arabia to Kuwait to Pakistan and even the relatively moderate states of Egypt and Jordan, women are treated with immense inequality. To certain extent only in Turkey, women enjoy relative equality as they have favored secular rule over an Islamic one. Under Sharia, compensation for the murder of a woman is half the rate for men. Many Muslim countries incorporate these directives into contemporary law. For example during rape trial, a woman has to produce four adult males of imperfect character witnessing the penetration which translates into relatively low conviction rate and even if the perpetrators get convicted, the woman victim gets prosecuted for indulging in adulterous affair....do rape victims get justice under Sharia? In Iran the legal age for marriage is nine for girls which often gets exploited by pedophiles. Women in Islamic societies face great difficulty in suing for divorce, but husbands can be released from their vows merely by saying "talaaq." Even if an alimony is awarded, it lasts only three months, long enough to ensure the woman isn't pregnant.

In Islamic society often the father wins custody of the children which forces many Muslim women to be married to abusive husbands due to fear of losing custody of the children. Koran even enforces men to have pre-eminence over women or guardianship over women. Some verses even proclaim husband of an insubordinate wife should first admonish her, then leave her to sleep alone and finally beat her hence spousal abuse is widespread in Islamic countries. So tell me how does Islamic state "empower" women?

Typical secularist garbage. :))

Couldn't have said it any better. This girl is being used to further the secularization agenda which is a pity. The real blame lies on her father who is allowing her to be exploited.

Islam empowers women but it hasn't materialized in Pakistan due to absence of just Islamic State. Heck the sore lack of it in the modern world is due to this reason only.

How is seeking education a secularization agenda?

What's wrong with secularism anyway? The separation of religion from politics.

I hear a lot of anti-secular ranting on here, but no mature attempt to articulate exactly why secularism is bad.

I'll listen, so go ahead.

Islam is a complete system of life, therefore politics cannot be separated from it. Secularism gives power to the people to legislate whereas in Islam, power and legislation belongs to the Almighty. Man is limited in intellect and biased therefore he cannot cater to the needs of everyone so he naturally will seek to secure his own interests at the expense of the masses. Whereas in Islam, legislation entails permitted and forbidden actions which is to be simply implemented by the Caliph. It doesn't interfere with people's personal worship as long as it doesn't stray from the Creed. But it does seek to look after their collective affairs.

One of Allah's attributes is Al-Hakim aka the Legislator, secular politics contradicts this belief of Muslims because as aforementioned power to legislate is in the hands of people.

Did you hear the speech? Malala emphasised countless times that TTP is not Islamic

Uighur are treated badly but Not as bad as Kashmiris are being oppressed.

and yes i agree with you China gets let off in Pak by the Establishment and media because you know why.

but also remind me when did China last invade any nation and carry out mass-murder??

time for sehri -BRB
Tibet ?

TTP is CIA funded which is waging a war on Islam. Shooting Malala is just another attempt to defame Islam through these agents as some vicious ideology. If you didn't read it the first time, I mentioned in my post that Islam empowers women and is not against education. But in Islam, attaining religious knowledge is of higher importance which is the curriculum for primary and secondary education. Once students go through that, then they can pursue mastery of other fields of knowledge which can also be used as a tool for Dawah. As I keep on mentioning, you need a real Islamic State where this comprehensive educational policy will be implemented and those within the state wanting to pursue higher studies will also be given the opportunity free of charge. Did I mention, education is free in Khilafah state?

Anyhow, here Malala is being used as a tool to bring in massive funding for profit driven schools whose curriculum will be secular, further weakening the Muslim's belief in Islam's ability to solve existing problems. As someone who grew up in Karachi and attended private school, I know full well what the agenda is now that I look back. Concepts such as nationalism, democracy etc. are a dominant part of the curriculum where as Islamic studies are limited to some history and memorization of few Surahs as I remember it.

I pity this girl who is being manipulated who is an otherwise a bright kid but as I previously mentioned, her father is the real culprit.

Well said. Now ride on home on your unicorn.

Even if we agree TTP is CIA funded (Which I'll admit it could be), we also fund the Afghan Taliban who want a similar sort of system in Afghanistan. How is one right for them and the other wrong for us?

Again, I am not saying TTP is good

I cannot understand why people do not accept thier shortcoming and mistakes.If we do not admit the existance of our shortcomings,how will we combat them?Our own muslim brothers defaming islam more than the west.We routinely hear about suicide attacks in Pakistan by TTP and LeJ which are muslims not westerners.In Iraq,you have Al Qaeda(Aka Islamic state of Iraq) executing policemen and soldiers.They also carry out suicide attacks against Shias.You have boko haram and Al Shabaab who also commit these people are muslims not westerners.Just a few days ago,boko haram executed 30 students.

We have a habbit of blaming the west for all of our miseries .We need to open our eyes and consider the ground realities.

Courage is being afraid to sleep alone at night and running away from a room with a lizard in it :yk :asif:amir

Ouch. :danish

Agreed.

I was like him a few years ago, and by that I only mean the Conspiracy part. Soon, I realised how stupid it was to see Saazish in everything and ignore every deficiency of your own. Praise the army, love it, but not see it's corruption. See civil corruption and criticise it and call it a Yahoodi Sazish while ignoring 90% of population doesn't pay taxes.

He'll grow out of this "Zaid Hamid" phase, I hope

Really well said. The conspiracy gene is rotting at the intellect of our society.

26009_609093685788476_1218071603_n.png

The computer and the internet you are using are the products of the western secular curriculum.From medicine to cars to light bulbs to airplanes that you use to go to Hajj are the result of western education.You should stop using them.Instead of giving credit to western education ,you criticize them.Shame on you.

What have we ,muslims,achieved in the last 150 years??

I've studied in BSS in Karachi. Since when is that true?
Khilafat, it's advantages, why it's better than democracy, are not secular concepts

Brave girl, applauds for her, I think education is the key to a countries success, education will progress nations if the nation has a good education system, I wouldn't dare to stand up against people such as the taliban etc.

That's a phobia, not cowardice.

You seem too thick to understand the difference.

Malala is certainly a brave and strong girl, she is no ordinary girl but even she can and most likely will have certain phobias/fears.

I'm sure like most girls, she is afraid of insects or maybe is afraid of lizards as well. Could be afraid of heights too but that has nothing to do with who she is.

I would congratulate you on a nice attempt at a low blow but it turned out pretty flat.

You said I was a fool.

I accept that malala has done more for Pakistan than I.

So now answer the question.

When did I call you a fool?

Anyhow, my point is she needs to return to Pakistan or shut up and live her own life. She can't dictate terms and suggest changes in this country when she is too scared too come back.

That's a phobia, not cowardice.

You seem too thick to understand the difference.

Malala is certainly a brave and strong girl, she is no ordinary girl but even she can and most likely will have certain phobias/fears.

I'm sure like most girls, she is afraid of insects or maybe is afraid of lizards as well. Could be afraid of heights too but that has nothing to do with who she is.

I would congratulate you on a nice attempt at a low blow but it turned out pretty flat.

What about the phobia of certain death? Is that a justifiable phobia? No?

What about the phobia of certain death? Is that a justifiable phobia? No?

Something which is certainty can't be a phobia.

We all know we will die one day. That is for sure isn't it?

All we can do is be prepared for it.

Malala is encouraging girls in this country to stand up for their rights and face their problems. But she herself isn't ready to face the dangers. I found this hypocritical.

Something which is certainty can't be a phobia.

We all know we will die one day. That is for sure isn't it?

All we can do is be prepared for it.

Malala is encouraging girls in this country to stand up for their rights and face their problems. But she herself isn't ready to face the dangers. I found this hypocritical.

So getting shot once is not enough - she should go back to get shot again to show that she's "courageous" and not "hypocritical".

Do you read what you write?

You're embarrassing yourself.

:facepalm:

Anyways, I quit. You win.

A rational fear of certain death is somehow successfully being compared to the childish phobia of being alone in the dark :facepalm:

So getting shot once is not enough - she should go back to get shot again to show that she's "courageous" and not "hypocritical".

Do you read what you write?

You're embarrassing yourself.

:facepalm:

Anyways, I quit. You win.

So one attempt is enough for her to retreat and ditch her country?

I'm sorry but I can't call her "brave" on this account.

Backing off because you are scared for your life and then dictating terms from a foreign country trying to be leader? LOL.

Being shot in the head for your beliefs should be enough to prove that you are brave!

You're ridiculous MG.

So why does this "brave girl" not return to her homeland? her country? if she is so worried.

Maybe because she is 16 and had half of her skull blown away last time she was there? Is that enough of sacrifice for you? or will her janaza only qualify as an act of courage?

By the way you suggested that your fear was not cowardice as it was a phobia, regardless of the fact that your ego or some part of you refrains you from getting professional help - your lack of ability to get help comes across as cowardice, whereas all humans have a natural, instinctive fear of death which makes it a much more rational and logical fear, not to mention that her going to Pakistan and certain resultant death would accomplish nothing - right now, with her being alive, she has the ability to voice her opinion and get under the skin of Pakistani govt so they do something about it and to promote the funding of education in Pakistan through foreign sources.

So one attempt is enough for her to retreat and ditch her country?

I'm sorry but I can't call her "brave" on this account.

Backing off because you are scared for your life and then dictating terms from a foreign country trying to be leader? LOL.

Dictating terms ? She is campaigning for women's education ! Have you heard of the term campaigning ? Or protesting ? Highlighting an issue in public ?

School after school is being blown up in the North West of Pakistan and suddenly one girl, who has access to a BBC blog that can reach out to millions around the world, has had enough and speaks up and gets shot in the head for her troubles. What have you done that even remotely compares to such, of course she's going to be afraid to return to her country - half the country thinks she some CIA agent and you have Taliban thugs running around targeting young girls exactly like her. Her returning home would be a death wish. This is the same country where lawyers were garlanding Mumtaz Qadri. Of course she has fears, she's a young kid who came minutes away to death.

She's not brave ? She has a freaking metal plate in her skull and was minutes away from dying.

I'm afraid we have got a new Altaf Hussain in Malala :yk

Seriously, if people are going to troll like this, they should be banned. Comparing a mass murderer, money launderer and blackmailer to a young girl who was shot in head for merely wanting to go to school.

Last edited:
Mar,even i am shocked that some people here passed such remarks about this sweet courageous girl .
KB , your posts about Malala being shot in head to defame Islam & trolling posts by Qazzar bhai & others as typical secularist garbage is worthy of huge :facepalm: . KB,do you live in PK or abroad ?

Last edited:
Incidentally I do agree that there is a vested interest other than promoting western values by championing Malala. There was some really interesting stuff on the American Everyman site last year about the schools for profit initiative and how Gordon Brown was being lined up to take a lead role in it, and I noticed he was there swanning around in the Malala video yesterday.

I can understand why Islamic people are annoyed...Malala's situation is being exploited...and there is that fear of secularisation of education...

What I don't understand however is hatred for the girl herself...she got shot in the head because she wanted to educate herself...and she herself has done nothing but push for education for women...

The West's hypocrisy is indeed there for everyone to see but why shouldn't Malala use it...she hasn't criticised Islam nor spoken about secularism...so why the abuse?...

Pakistan has always had lots of strong, vocal women so to see Malala up there in fighting spirit is no surprise even at 16. From Benazir to Veena Malik there have been plenty who aren't shy to enter the public stage. Regardless of whether you like them or not, you have to admire their sheer spunk in carving out careers in a male dominated society.

MG you are really embarrassing yourself with such pathetic posts.

I am not a Malala Hater....nor am I against the libertaions of girl's right to education....but now since she is seen as a kind of embassador of pakistani women,Id like to know why she has chosen Benazir Bhutto as a role model...An influencial leader (Even though she's dead) of a political party, who is to a great extent responsible for the economic crisis Pakistan faces at this moment. The economic crisis which makes educating the millions of uneducated children in Pakistan impossible..

Just a thought...correct me if I am wrong please.

Re: Malala Speech at the UN

When did I call you a fool?

Anyhow, my point is she needs to return to Pakistan or shut up and live her own life. She can't dictate terms and suggest changes in this country when she is too scared too come back.

And who gives you the right to dictate What's best for Pakistan?

She is doing more for Pakistan than you isn't she?

Inside or out.

The computer and the internet you are using are the products of the western secular curriculum.From medicine to cars to light bulbs to airplanes that you use to go to Hajj are the result of western education.You should stop using them.Instead of giving credit to western education ,you criticize them.Shame on you.

What have we ,muslims,achieved in the last 150 years??

Muslims have been subject to being ruled by Anglo-Saxson law for last 100 years or so. A system that doesn't represent their interests, so how can you expect progress? There is a reason for why we went from being leaders in knowledge and technological advancements to slaves of the west. Instead of looking at the issue objectively you resort to the usual rona dhona and self-loathing. :))

Re: Malala Speech at the UN

Muslims have been subject to being ruled by Anglo-Saxson law for last 100 years or so. A system that doesn't represent their interests, so how can you expect progress? There is a reason for why we went from being leaders in knowledge and technological advancements to slaves of the west. Instead of looking at the issue objectively you resort to the usual rona dhona and self-loathing. :))

When people were told to stop thinking..... ;)

I've studied in BSS in Karachi. Since when is that true?
Khilafat, it's advantages, why it's better than democracy, are not secular concepts

The concept of Khilafah and the obligation to live by it is not taught in any private school curriculum at least till I was there. I attended City School. And to my knowledge today it still doesn't exist as per my friends.

There's a saying "if you bend over and wiggle your backside, don't be surprised if you get booted up the ar$e."

Actually that's not a saying, I just made it up but it's appropriate.

The biggest red flag: she idolizes Obama :))

That was a dead give away from the very beginning. If you want to blame someone for lack of education for women in Pakistan direct your criticism and anger towards the traitors who have sold their souls and don't care about the nation.

There's a saying "if you bend over and wiggle your backside, don't be surprised if you get booted up the ar$e."

Actually that's not a saying, I just made it up but it's appropriate.

Well it is appropriate for the treasonous rulers, the leader of them all being Kemal Ataturk.

Well it is appropriate for the treasonous rulers, the leader of them all being Kemal Ataturk.

It's more appropriate for placard wavers who blame western powers for preventing poor Muslims from having their Khilafah.

It's more appropriate for placard wavers who blame western powers for preventing poor Muslims from having their Khilafah.

The same placard wavers who are deemed as supposedly hardline extremists because their message threatens the dominance of western powers? Because they demand Islam to be an authority for the Muslims? Because they expose the treachery of the existing rulers who are in bed with the West?

Malala Speech at the UN

She idolizes Obama like someone else mentioned. Ingenious way to get into the good books of the western media.

Malala Speech at the UN

And who gives you the right to dictate What's best for Pakistan?

She is doing more for Pakistan than you isn't she?

Inside or out.

Wrong approach.

Shoaib Malik is a far better cricketer than both of us combined. That's why he has been playing international cricket for a decade and we are sitting home. That means we can't criticize him because he's better than us? Malala has done more for Pakistan than probably 90% of the people, but that doesn't make her immune to criticism.

She idolizes Obama like someone else mentioned. Ingenious way to get into the good books of the western media.

Idolizing is a strong word and what does that have to do with education of women in Pakistan? come on , say it, you are against women's education in general aren't you.

Had she used the UN platform to tell NATO to get out of the region, the media would be singing a different tune.

Idolizing is a strong word and what does that have to do with education of women in Pakistan? come on , say it, you are against women's education in general aren't you.

Idolizing a murderer of Muslims doesn't reflect well on her.

Idolizing a murderer of Muslims doesn't reflect well on her.

I just said there was no idolizing and you reuse the word again. Again where was he idolized in the speech? does it have anything to do with Women's education? are you against it?

Had she used the UN platform to tell NATO to get out of the region, the media would be singing a different tune.

Holy crap what is wrong with you. she is about education not political decisions on war and peace.

How are muslims being ruled by Anglo Saxon law?

That was a dead give away from the very beginning. If you want to blame someone for lack of education for women in Pakistan direct your criticism and anger towards the traitors who have sold their souls and don't care about the nation.

Whats the big deal of idolising Obama?
You have Taliban mentality.

There is something wrong with you.

She is promoting education for females.She is not there to comment on political issues regarding war.There is a difference between the two.

Malala Speech at the UN

Whats the big deal of idolising Obama?
You have Taliban mentality.

How is PUBLICLY idolizing a mass murderer of Muslims justified?

She can privately idolize iblees and we won't care.

And you idolise those animals who do not hesitate to shoot a 12 year old girl.

lol Holy crap. Iblees. Lol how low can one's IQ really go. As I said before in this thread, is qaum ka kutch nahi hosakta.

For months a team of Taliban sharpshooters studied the daily route that Malala took to school, and, once the attack was done, the Tehrik-e-Taliban in Pakistan gleefully claimed responsibility, saying Malala was an American spy who idolized the “black devil Obama.” She had spoken against the Taliban, they falsely said, and vowed to shoot her again, should she survive.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10/21/the-girl-who-changed-pakistan-malala-yousafzai.html

You are saying what Taliban says word by Word. are you a Taliban supporter? She does NOT idolize Obama

Last edited:
The concept of Khilafah and the obligation to live by it is not taught in any private school curriculum at least till I was there. I attended City School. And to my knowledge today it still doesn't exist as per my friends.

We had it in BSS.

Yes, City is different in that sense though

Malala is credit to her country and women in general. I hope the best for her.

Ohhh okay.Any child who idolises Obama deserves to be shot.Okay,I get it.
No wonder why Taliban have so much support.

Here is what Taliban say:

For months a team of Taliban sharpshooters studied the daily route that Malala took to school, and, once the attack was done, the Tehrik-e-Taliban in Pakistan gleefully claimed responsibility, saying Malala was an American spy who idolized the “black devil Obama.” She had spoken against the Taliban, they falsely said, and vowed to shoot her again, should she survive.

Here is what MG and KB-24 says

"She idolizes Obama the Mass Murderer and Iblees"

Now spot the difference

Malala Speech at the UN

Ohhh okay.Any child who idolises Obama deserves to be shot.Okay,I get it.
No wonder why Taliban have so much support.

Why did I or anyone else say she deserved to be shot?

Malala Speech at the UN

Here is what Taliban say:

Here is what MG and KB-24 says

"She idolizes Obama the Mass Murderer and Iblees"

Now spot the difference

Just because she idolizes Obama doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to live. I'm against killing of ex Muslims who leave Islam even why would I advocate Malala's murder?

But can you justify the public confession of idolizing Obama of a person in her position? That was awful but perhaps a great political move.

She was 15 when she said that, does a 15 year old know much of Foreign Policy? I sure as hell did not

The same placard wavers who are deemed as supposedly hardline extremists because their message threatens the dominance of western powers? Because they demand Islam to be an authority for the Muslims? Because they expose the treachery of the existing rulers who are in bed with the West?

In what way does their rhetoric threaten the dominance of the West? Sorry bro, but waving placards and growing a scraggy beard while signing on the dole isn't really much of a threat to anyone.

Just because she idolizes Obama doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to live. I'm against killing of ex Muslims who leave Islam even why would I advocate Malala's murder?

But can you justify the public confession of idolizing Obama of a person in her position? That was awful but perhaps a great political move.

Kids have different role models.She is only a kid and it was not a political move.Kids do not know much about the world.

But can you justify the public confession of idolizing Obama of a person in her position?

She's 16 years old. She's obviously not going to know the ins and outs of Obama's drone policy or his other failings. She's just a kid who's taken in by Obama's oratory.

And what a ridiculous thing to say that she's not immune from criticism - she just got shot, so what criticism is there to level ?

Back