Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

UNITED NATIONS: Pakistani Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai has urged the international community to speak with one voice to ensure that Afghan girls are allowed to go to school and their teachers are allowed to work.

Malala, the youngest Nobel laureate ever, briefed the UN Security Council on Thursday afternoon, on how the change of rulers in Afghanistan could impact the country’s women and girls.

Sharing her experience of running from gunfire and explosions on the street of Swat, she said her childhood 15 years ago was marked by public floggings, schools that closed their doors to girls and banners in shopping malls asking women to stay out.

“This is a story that many Afghan girls may share if we do not act,” she warned, calling on the Council to send a clear and unequivocal message to the Taliban that upholding the rights of women and girls was a precondition of any working relationship with them.

The briefing followed media reports that the Taliban, who returned to Kabul last month after 20 years, were once again limiting girls’ access to education and were forcing them to stay home.

“I raised my voice for every girl’s right to go to school. I saw a gunman stop my school bus, call my name, and fire a bullet at me. I was 15 years old,” she told the Security Council. “I saw my home transformed from a place of peace to a place of fear in just three years.”

Malala, who was shot by a Taliban gunman in Pakistan as she left school in 2012, urged the council to recognise “girls’ education as a powerful tool for building peace and security” and protect Afghan women and girls. Malala now heads a multi-million-dollar fund that promotes girls’ education across the world.

“Afghan women are demanding the right to choose their own future. In Kabul, their protests are met with tear gas, rifle butts and metal clubs,” said Mala while reminding the international community why they needed to act now.

She said she has worked with many Afghan women educators and advocates who spent the last two decades rebuilding an education system from scratch.

“Because of their efforts, 39 per cent of children attending schools in Afghanistan last year were girls,” she said. “Now that progress and those girls’ futures are under threat.”

Malala said she learned from Afghans that in some places girls’ secondary schools were being shut and teachers and students were being asked to stay home while many female teachers were told they no longer had jobs.

Published in Dawn, September 11th, 2021

What propaganda does she forward?

Propaganda for what? women's rights and their right to education?

for people like you, raising voice against oppression and supporting women's education is propaganda lol

Disclaimer: this post is for "Malala the persona"

She is literally a marketing campaign personified. Her image has been very carefully cultivated by Western (financed) media to show Pakistanis as the "savages" who do not want to send their daughters to school (lol)... as if there was never an educated woman from KPK before Malala...

My family is not from KPK but we do have some relatives from that region and I can assure you their women might be more educated / intelligent than any I've met around the world over the years. Heck in our family almost all girls have had financial / moral support to study until as long as they wanted (which some boys didn't)... look around yourselves, being a Pakistani girl from middle/upper class might be the easiest life ever in the history of all humanity.

On one hand the homegirl pushed "why even get married?" agenda (and for the record after turning 18 we are ALL free todo whatever we want to, I firmly believe that) and on the other hand she has always the "dupatta / shalwar kameez" on to never get out of the "persona" which has been extensively marketed. In other words, the western talk is there but it is important to never get photographed wearing anything else than typical rural Pakistani clothing... Just something I noticed and it always amuses me.

After first few years when I truly perceived her "message"... she has always reminded me of 'Disney's broken girls' and this Bart Simpson meme:

And I genuinely feel sorry for her.

Again, the game is rigged.

Last edited:

She is literally a marketing campaign personified. Her image has been very carefully cultivated by Western (financed) media to show Pakistanis as the "savages" who do not want to send their daughters to school (lol)... as if there was never an educated woman from KPK before Malala...

My family is not from KPK but we do have some relatives from that region and I can assure you their women might be more educated / intelligent than any I've met around the world over the years. Heck in our family almost all girls have had financial / moral support to study until as long as they wanted (which some boys didn't)... look around yourselves, being a Pakistani girl from middle/upper class might be the easiest life ever in the history of all humanity.

On one hand the homegirl pushed "why even get married?" agenda (and for the record after turning 18 we are ALL free todo whatever we want to, I firmly believe that) and on the other hand she has always the "dupatta / shalwar kameez" on to never get out of the "persona" which has been extensively marketed. In other words, the western talk is there but it is important to never get photographed wearing anything else than typical rural Pakistani clothing... Just something I noticed and it always amuses me.

After first few years when I truly perceived her "message"... she has always reminded me of 'Disney's broken girls' and this Bart Simpson meme:

Very poor argument! That is like saying, see, I am alive, it means this place is safe! If you have had an education, it does not mean everyone is as lucky or as privileged as you!

A very large percentage of Pakistani parents do not send their daughters to school. Our female literacy stands at 44%, the lowest in Asia after Afghanistan while female literacy in Balouchistan is 28% - the lowest in the world!

We have the record of having the HIGHEST number of out-of-school girls.

Malala is a 110% correct; there is a massive illiteracy amongst females in Pakistan.

Very poor argument! That is like saying, see, I am alive, it means this place is safe! If you have had an education, it does not mean everyone is as lucky or as privileged as you!

A very large percentage of Pakistani parents do not send their daughters to school. Our female literacy stands at 44%, the lowest in Asia after Afghanistan while female literacy in Balouchistan is 28% - the lowest in the world!

We have the record of having the HIGHEST number of out-of-school girls.

Malala is a 110% correct; there is a massive illiteracy amongst females in Pakistan.

Just one word: poverty. All parents want a good education for their children.

Regarding Malala, it is not a debate, more like a personal opinion based on general (non-obsessive) observation.

Who in their right mind would argue that in (a third world country like) Pakistan, education (for girls and boys) is 100% perfect? :facepalm:

What annoys people is the inconsistent propaganda tool Malala has become... She is being used or it might all be deliberate from her part.

Just one word: poverty. All parents want a good education for their children.

Regarding Malala, it is not a debate, more like a personal opinion based on general (non-obsessive) observation.

Who in their right mind would argue that in (a third world country like) Pakistan, education (for girls and boys) is 100% perfect? :facepalm:

What annoys people is the inconsistent propaganda tool Malala has become... She is being used or it might all be deliberate from her part.

Poverty is one of the factors but it is also due to the widespread misogyny and despicable attitudes towards women. There is a belief that women would one say leave their house so it is not worth educating them. Besides, there is a also this belief that Western education spreads vulgarity.

Bangladesh and India have similar economic status as Pakistan but there look at their female literacy. If poverty is the only factor, why does it affect females disproportionately? How come Pakistan male literacy is 70%?

Try living in Pakistan and you will know what people feel about female education.

Pakistani clerics also discourage parents from sending their daughters to school. This is also another factor.

The same Taliban sympathiser has an issue with Malala. Why am I not surprised.

Poverty is one of the factors but it is also due to the widespread misogyny and despicable attitudes towards women. There is a belief that women would one say leave their house so it is not worth educating them. Besides, there is a also this belief that Western education spreads vulgarity.

Bangladesh and India have similar economic status as Pakistan but there look at their female literacy. If poverty is the only factor, why does it affect females disproportionately? How come Pakistan male literacy is 70%?

Try living in Pakistan and you will know what people feel about female education.

Pakistani clerics also discourage parents from sending their daughters to school. This is also another factor.

Poverty is one of the factors but it is also due to the widespread misogyny and despicable attitudes towards women. There is a belief that women would one day leave their house so it is not worth educating them. Besides, there is also this belief that Western education spreads vulgarity.

Bangladesh and India have similar economic status as Pakistan but look at their female literacy. If poverty is the only factor, why does it affect females disproportionately? How come Pakistan male literacy is 70%?

Are you Alex Jones long lost brother or something :)))

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai and women’s rights advocates Zarqa Yaftali and Shaharzad Akbar just called on leaders to urgently get millions of Afghan girls back in school.

Afghanistan is now the only country in the world that forbids girls' education. Leaders everywhere must take urgent, decisive action to get every Afghan girl back in school.

To the Taliban authorities, you assured the world that you would respect the rights of girls and women — but you are denying millions their right to learn. Reverse the de facto ban on girls’ education and re-open girls’ secondary schools immediately.

To the leaders of the G20 nations, discussing the importance of education isn't enough. Use the G20 Leaders' Declaration to call on the Taliban to allow girls to go to school and provide urgent funding to support a coordinated education plan for all Afghan children.

To the leaders of Muslim countries, religion does not justify preventing girls from going to school. Make this clear to Taliban leaders by issuing public statements on the Islamic imperative for girls’ complete education.

The longer a girl stays out of school, the less likely she is to return. Join us in calling on leaders around the world to defend Afghan girls' right to learn and lead.

Sincerely,

Zarqa Yaftali, Malala Yousafzai, Shaharzad Akbar"
Signatories:

Ziauddin Yousafzai, Co-Founder, Malala Fund
Pashtana Durrani, Co-Founder, LEARN
Mohammad Rahim Jami, Senior Campaign and Advocacy Manager, WBRAO
Somaya Faruqi, Captain, Afghan Girls Robotics Team
Roya Mahboob, Co-Founder, CEO, Digital Citizen Fund

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today marks a precious day in my life. <br>Asser and I tied the knot to be partners for life. We celebrated a small nikkah ceremony at home in Birmingham with our families. Please send us your prayers. We are excited to walk together for the journey ahead. <br>&#55357;&#56568;: <a href="https://twitter.com/malinfezehai?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@malinfezehai</a> <a href="https://t.co/SNRgm3ufWP">pic.twitter.com/SNRgm3ufWP</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1458128016157052938?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

==

Congratulations are in order because Nobel laureate and activist Malala Yousafzai surprised everyone on Tuesday night by announcing she had tied the knot with Asser Malik.

"Today marks a precious day in my life," she wrote in a Twitter post. "Asser and I tied the knot to be partners for life. We celebrated a small nikkah ceremony at home in Birmingham with our families," she announced, asking people for prayers.

The 24-year-old wore a tea pink outfit paired with simple jewellery. Her husband is Asser Malik, the general manager of the PCB's High Performance Centre. He wore a simple suit and matched his tie to her outfit.

Malala's father Ziauddin Yousafzai also posted on Twitter about the news.

Her friend also posted pictures from the nikkah featuring a beaming Malala

And her new husband did too!

In an interview to Vogue in June, Malala spoke about valuing partnership over marriage. She discussed her friends all finding partners but not being sure what she wanted herself. "You know, on social media, everyone’s sharing their relationship stories, and you get worried…If you can trust someone or not, [and] how can you be sure.

“I still don’t understand why people have to get married. If you want to have a person in your life, why do you have to sign marriage papers, why can’t it just be a partnership?” she had said. Well, it looks like Malala has found her partner and we couldn't be more glad for her.

https://images.dawn.com/news/1188765

Last edited:
Malala married some guy from the PCB/Multan Sultans

Congratulations to Malala

https://www.dnaindia.com/world/repo...nd-of-nobel-laureate-malala-yousafzai-2919051

1004626-asser-malik-twitter-malala.jpg

I hope they are happy. She had a horrible start due to violence but has done so well since.

The amount of vile abuse Malala is receiving on social media is despicable. While the whole world admires and looks up to Malala, we hold an anti-Malala day every year!

The amount of vile abuse Malala is receiving on social media is despicable. While the whole world admires and looks up to Malala, we hold an anti-Malala day every year!

Plenty of males hate and fear clever and articulate women.

Social media can paint a very biased picture when it comes to the level of hate out there, am trying to be positive

Social media can paint a very biased picture when it comes to the level of hate out there, am trying to be positive

Not really! Last time, there was a live TV poll of Pakistanis in bazaars and colleges and not even one said Malala was good! This country loves Mumtaz Qadri and Ghazi Khalid but hates Malala. I am not surprised one bit!

All of my Pakistani friends despise Malala!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Malala, I found the most supportive friend, a beautiful and kind partner — I'm so excited to spend the rest of our life together. <br><br>Thank you all for the wishes on our Nikkah. In following our cricket team's tradition, we had to do a victory cake cutting. <a href="https://t.co/KSGQOHsY64">pic.twitter.com/KSGQOHsY64</a></p>— Asser Malik (@MalikAsser) <a href="https://twitter.com/MalikAsser/status/1458433263744294913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She dreams of one day being the next PM of Pak just because she was supposedly shot. Just a Benazir Bhutto wannabe is this young lady. Seems as if she married a Punjabi:wy

Last edited:
She dreams of one day being the next PM of Pak just because she was supposedly shot. Just a Benazir Bhutto wannabe is this young lady. Seems as if she married a Punjabi:wy

What is wrong if she dreams of being the PM? She cannot be worse than our current and ex rulers. Apart from being shot, many do not know how she fought for female education in Swat for which she was given the Youth Peace Prize of Pakistan, long before being award the Nobel prize. Some people cannot see an empowered girl who refuses to back down in face of adversity and terror.

What is wrong if she dreams of being the PM? She cannot be worse than our current and ex rulers. Apart from being shot, many do not know how she fought for female education in Swat for which she was given the Youth Peace Prize of Pakistan, long before being award the Nobel prize. Some people cannot see an empowered girl who refuses to back down in face of adversity and terror.

She does not have any experience of politics in Pak. Only criteria of her one day becoming Pak PM seems to be her being shot. By that logic many people in Pak have been shot so why are they not candidates too? She fought for education after being shot, many others in Pak are fighting for such things too without ever getting a mention. Malala has become very wealthy after being attacked in face she is probably a millionairess now. She is just a puppet of the west.

She does not have any experience of politics in Pak. Only criteria of her one day becoming Pak PM seems to be her being shot. By that logic many people in Pak have been shot so why are they not candidates too? She fought for education after being shot, many others in Pak are fighting for such things too without ever getting a mention. Malala has become very wealthy after being attacked in face she is probably a millionairess now. She is just a puppet of the west.

Why is experience relevant? Everybody has zero experience when they start. How many times do I need to explain why only her. It is because she is a symbol of female education, others are fighting for female education and Malala represents all those girls who are speaking up for female education. During partition, thousands were killed but people remember QeA only because QeA represents all of those who were killed during the partition.

So your main gripe with her is that she has become wealthy. That is pretty petty!

Pakistan is the only nation on this planet where if you speak for female education, you are a traitor. No wonder our female literacy is a shameful 44%.

Why is experience relevant? Everybody has zero experience when they start. How many times do I need to explain why only her. It is because she is a symbol of female education, others are fighting for female education and Malala represents all those girls who are speaking up for female education. During partition, thousands were killed but people remember QeA only because QeA represents all of those who were killed during the partition.

So your main gripe with her is that she has become wealthy. That is pretty petty!

Pakistan is the only nation on this planet where if you speak for female education, you are a traitor. No wonder our female literacy is a shameful 44%.

Experience is important in every field or she should start a movement like IK did. No one would vote for her just because she was shot. She is a so called symbol because she got the opportunity to have her voice heard. There are many other ladies in Pak fighting for women's rights whose voice never reaches people because the media ignores them. Once again the west propagates her because they want a pro western person like her as a future Pak PM.

My problem with her is she has got everything for being shot. What about so many others who have been murdered by terrorists but their families got nothing?. Why are other pro education ladies in Pak not candidates for the position of PM?. Any sane person would be in favour of education that does not mean they are future PM candidates.

What about the two other girls who were wounded with Malala? We don't even here of them anymore.

Last edited:
Experience is important in every field or she should start a movement like IK did. No one would vote for her just because she was shot. She is a so called symbol because she got the opportunity to have her voice heard. There are many other ladies in Pak fighting for women's rights whose voice never reaches people because the media ignores them. Once again the west propagates her because they want a pro western person like her as a future Pak PM.

My problem with her is she has got everything for being shot. What about so many others who have been murdered by terrorists but their families got nothing?. Why are other pro education ladies in Pak not candidates for the position of PM?. Any sane person would be in favour of education that does not mean they are future PM candidates.

What about the two other girls who were wounded with Malala? We don't even here of them anymore.

How is Malala responsible for those whose voices are not heard? This is a terrible argument. I simply do not see the link between the two. As I have said before, Malala represents all those girls who fight for female education.

The two other girls are also in the UK, studying at a university. We hear more about Malala because she was specifically targeted for her activism.

How is Malala responsible for those whose voices are not heard? This is a terrible argument. I simply do not see the link between the two. As I have said before, Malala represents all those girls who fight for female education.

The two other girls are also in the UK, studying at a university. We hear more about Malala because she was specifically targeted for her activism.

So the criteria of being a PM is getting shot! Great logic! Not Malala rather the media are responsible for talking her up so much that Pakistanis consider her to be PM material. My problem with your view regarding this matter is Malala should be PM for being shot and talking about human rights when many others do the same if not more.

If being shot makes you a millionaire then so many are willing to go through the same. Malala is never gonna be a PM just for being a western puppet neither are her two friends wherever they are..

So the criteria of being a PM is getting shot! Great logic! Not Malala rather the media are responsible for talking her up so much that Pakistanis consider her to be PM material. My problem with your view regarding this matter is Malala should be PM for being shot and talking about human rights when many others do the same if not more.

If being shot makes you a millionaire then so many are willing to go through the same. Malala is never gonna be a PM just for being a western puppet neither are her two friends wherever they are..

Stop lying to yourself. Nobody would want to get shot in the face. That is plain ridiculous.

Again, it is not Malala’s fault if others are not getting much attention. Will you say it was QeA’s fault we do not even know the names of thousands who were killed during partition.

Stop lying to yourself. Nobody would want to get shot in the face. That is plain ridiculous.

Again, it is not Malala’s fault if others are not getting much attention. Will you say it was QeA’s fault we do not even know the names of thousands who were killed during partition.

Yes it is the media's not Malala's fault that they have made her in to some Razia Sultan. Stop deflecting the debate. Just because the media talked up Malala and she speaks for human and women's rights does not make her PM material. Why can't you understand this simple point? Many Pakistanis have done much more for the country then she has.

Yes it is the media's not Malala's fault that they have made her in to some Razia Sultan. Stop deflecting the debate. Just because the media talked up Malala and she speaks for human and women's rights does not make her PM material. Why can't you understand this simple point? Many Pakistanis have done much more for the country then she has.

First, given our current crop of corrupt and cruel rulers, Malala would be a breathe of fresh air. Second, Pakistan is a democracy, people vote for their leaders. Nobody is imposing Malala upon you. You are free to not to vote for her and if she is elected, take to the streets. Simple!

First, given our current crop of corrupt and cruel rulers, Malala would be a breathe of fresh air. Second, Pakistan is a democracy, people vote for their leaders. Nobody is imposing Malala upon you. You are free to not to vote for her and if she is elected, take to the streets. Simple!

So, she wants to be become the (future) PM of Pakistan but is living in the UK?

I have no problem with her but my point is a simple one- Why has she promoted so much, all the way to the Noble prize when Baba Edhi was a much better candidate and would have been a much more deserved recipient of the prize. Did Baba not fit the criteria? Lol

So? If our generals and politician can live abroad, why not her?

She is living there because Pakistan is unsafe!

She has every right to live where she feels safe. She is not a fugitive that we feel she must come back to Pakistan and face the music!

Even then only certain people have a chance of winning the elections. No one is stopping your beloved Malala from trying to be PM even if it is on the basis of being shot! I need not protest anywhere coz she is not even a candidate to be a worker in any party never mind the PM! Just a confused young lady trying to hold on to her two minutes of fame given to her by the Muslim hating western press. Does not matter who or what the current rulers are.

Even then only certain people have a chance of winning the elections. No one is stopping your beloved Malala from trying to be PM even if it is on the basis of being shot! I need not protest anywhere coz she is not even a candidate to be a worker in any party never mind the PM! Just a confused young lady trying to hold on to her two minutes of fame given to her by the Muslim hating western press. Does not matter who or what the current rulers are.

You contradict yourself! Now, you say you do not care about her. I am not sure what exactly you want to say.

I think she is extraordinarily wise for such a young person. Even as a teenager she sounded like a woman much older. She has gravitas in spades. A born leader.

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.com/news/av-embeds/59286773"></iframe>

'I had concerns about marriage', admits Malala Yousafzai

Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, who married her partner Asser Malik last week, has addressed the "concerns" about marriage she had previously voiced to British Vogue.

Appearing on the BBC's Andrew Marr show, the 24-year-old Pakistani women's rights activist said her concerns were true for "many girls around the world who have seen reports about child marriage and divorce... and the imbalance of power".

However, she added that she was "lucky" to have found a husband who understood her values.

Her husband is closely associated with cricket and is the High Performance General Manager of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Malala found refuge in the UK after being shot in the head by the Taliban in 2012.

You contradict yourself! Now, you say you do not care about her. I am not sure what exactly you want to say.

I am saying I do not care about her welfare. There is no contradiction here at all. Now you tell me why are you so crazy about her? What qualifies her as being Pak's PM?

I think she is extraordinarily wise for such a young person. Even as a teenager she sounded like a woman much older. She has gravitas in spades. A born leader.

Born leader!!?:qdkcheeky She could not even lead a group of ten people. Is just a western puppet who is told what to say in public by her masters sitting behind the scenes.

I am saying I do not care about her welfare. There is no contradiction here at all. Now you tell me why are you so crazy about her? What qualifies her as being Pak's PM?

She does not bother you that is why you write paragraphs about her. Makes sense.

I suggest you read what happened in Swat. I am not here to do your work.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai and women’s rights advocates Zarqa Yaftali and Shaharzad Akbar just called on leaders to urgently get millions of Afghan girls back in school.

In The Times today there is an article that parents are watching their children starve to death in front of them: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ting-afghanistans-starving-children-fbz0xq7wk

This is all going on while the US is holding $billions of dollars in frozen Afghan assets. Malala needs to address this as well if she doesn't want to be seen simply as a mouthpiece for western interests.

She does not bother you that is why you write paragraphs about her. Makes sense.

I suggest you read what happened in Swat. I am not here to do your work.

She does not bother me because at the moment is not our PM. If she became that then I sure will have a problem with it. I know exactly what the official story of what happened to her is. Well, I don't believe it.

She does not bother me because at the moment is not our PM. If she became that then I sure will have a problem with it. I know exactly what the official story of what happened to her is. Well, I don't believe it.

Well, you are free to believe whatever you want. Conspiracy theorists do not only on evidence and logic anyway. Looking forward to seeing Malala as the PM.;)

Well, you are free to believe whatever you want. Conspiracy theorists do not only on evidence and logic anyway. Looking forward to seeing Malala as the PM.;)

The opposite to being a conspiracy theorist is believing in everything that the mainstream media tells us. So you see your kind of people need to be told what to believe by someone sitting in front of the camera while you enjoy your tea and cookies:ma. Thinking Malala will be PM tells me everything about you, I've got a better chance then her:qdkcheeky

The opposite to being a conspiracy theorist is believing in everything that the mainstream media tells us. So you see your kind of people need to be told what to believe by someone sitting in front of the camera while you enjoy your tea and cookies:ma. Thinking Malala will be PM tells me everything about you, I've got a better chance then her:qdkcheeky

Do you read what you post? First, you said Malala was being by the West to be Pakistan’s PM in the future, and now you are saying she will never be the PM. What are you even saying?

Do you read what you post? First, you said Malala was being by the West to be Pakistan’s PM in the future, and now you are saying she will never be the PM. What are you even saying?

I am telling you that the media you love so much are liars. I am saying that the west wants Malala to be the Pak PM to further their own agenda but they will never succeed. Do you not have basic commonsense? Now you will say something silly like "then why are you concerned?". This is because supporting Malala as some heroine is still damaging to Pak.

I am telling you that the media you love so much are liars. I am saying that the west wants Malala to be the Pak PM to further their own agenda but they will never succeed. Do you not have basic commonsense? Now you will say something silly like "then why are you concerned?". This is because supporting Malala as some heroine is still damaging to Pak.

The West is not interested in Pakistan. Remember we rely on their chanda; it is not the other way round.

Why is it damaging for Pakistan? Eulogising Khadim Rizvi, Mullah Fazlullah, Mumtaz Qadri and Ghazi Khalid is damaging for Pakistan. Malala has not killed anyone; these monsters have killed thousands!

The West is not interested in Pakistan. Remember we rely on their chanda; it is not the other way round.

Why is it damaging for Pakistan? Eulogising Khadim Rizvi, Mullah Fazlullah, Mumtaz Qadri and Ghazi Khalid is damaging for Pakistan. Malala has not killed anyone; these monsters have killed thousands!

West is not interesting in Pakistan is like saying you are NOT interesting in making 'generalize agenda driven statement about Pakistan".

Yes the west is interested in Pak nukes and it's strategic location. For that reason they want a pro western government in Islamabad hence their love for Malala. Think about this that why are they not backing other human rights campaigners in Pak? This is because they have built Malala in to this great human rights warrior in their attempts to westernise Pakistan. That they give us aid has nothing to do with the importance of Pakistan. They are dependent on Pak to do right by them in Afghanistan too.

I did not say I am in favour of any Mullah or terrorist to govern Pak either so no point in quoting the names that you did.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nobel Prize-winner Malala Yousafzai met with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and pressed for concerted action to protect girls' access to education in Afghanistan and around the globe <a href="https://t.co/zxncKwztqH">pic.twitter.com/zxncKwztqH</a></p>— Reuters (@Reuters) <a href="https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1467919265747509250?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WASHINGTON (TND) — An activist who fights for women’s right to education in the Middle East pleaded to Secretary of State Antony Blinken for the U.S. to help Afghan girls return to school.

Following the Taliban’s abrupt takeover of Afghanistan, girls over the age of 12 have been prohibited from continuing to learn. Education rights activist Malala Yousafzai spoke at the State Department Monday urging the U.S. to do something about Afghan girls’ inability to receive a full education.

“We know that Afghanistan right now is the only country where girls do not have access to secondary education,” Yousafzai said at the State Department in front of Blinken. “I have been working together with Afghan girls and women’s activists and there’s this one message from them that they should be given the right to work, they should be able to go to school.”

Yousafzai went on to read a letter written to President Joe Biden from a 15-year-old Afghan girl.

“The longer schools and universities remain closed to girls the more our shared hope for our future fades,” she read from the letter. “As a girl and a human being I need you to know that I have rights, women and girls have rights, Afghans have the right to live in peace, go to school and play.”

Yousafzai noted the 15-year-old’s letter was emblematic of how Afghan girls are feeling right now.

“We want to see a world where all girls can have access to safe and quality education,” Yousafzai said as she turned to look at Blinken, “and we hope that the U.S. – together with the UN – will take immediate actions to ensure that girls are allowed to go back to their schools as soon as possible, women are able to go back to work, and all the humanitarian assistance that is needed for education there is provided.”

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-wor...or-us-to-help-afghan-girls-get-back-to-school

Women have the right to choose between burqa and bikini: Malala

The youngest Nobel-Prize laureate, Malala Yousafzai, has often made headlines while sharing her opinion on imperative matters. As Women's Day approaches, Malala has put her words to paper and shared her two cents on defending every woman’s right to determine what she wears.

She started with how one of her relatives complained to her father about how she "should be at home, not in front of the cameras," as she gave interviews to the local publications while shedding light on the need for girls' education in her hometown. She further revealed that her relative then added how if Malala was "going to speak, she should at least cover her face!” She penned, "Girls should be neither seen nor heard – and especially not both at once."

Adding on, she continued, "Many people in Swat Valley, Pakistan shared his [Malala's relative] perspective. Like other Pashtun women, my mother wore a long, hefty embroidered shawl that swirled around her shoulders and covered her face." Malala further shared, "When the Taliban took over Swat Valley, these shawls were not Islamic enough for them. They mandated that all women must wear a black abaya and shuttlecock burqa. Dare to step outside in anything other than the uniform chosen for you by Taliban men and you risked a severe beating. I, too, wore a burqa for a while when I was 10 or 11 years old."

She then commented how in Pakistan today, Muslim girls’ and women’s clothing varies by region, community and family. "They might wear shalwar kameez or a business suit. They may wear a scarf around their neck, on their head, covering their face, or no scarf at all. They might wear a burqa," Malala asserted. She added, "As Pakistani girl transitions into adolescence, her family, neighbours and even strangers expect her to look a certain way. How a girl chooses to dress determines what people think of her and how they will treat her. If you do not follow your community’s established dress code, you’re a threat to the culture, to religion. You’re an outsider, not to be trusted or befriended."

Malala, however, said was determined to decide for herself. "My face meant identity, presence and power for me – and I refused to cover it," she wrote.

Policing women on clothing

"Around the world, girls are under attack for what they wear. Last month the Indian state of Karnataka banned girls wearing hijabs from classrooms and colleges, forcing them to choose between their education or suffering the humiliation of removing their head coverings at the school gates. Senators in France voted 160 to 143 to ban hijabs in sports competitions in January," she then communicated. "Until last year, schools in Indonesia directed all girls to wear a jibab covering their head, neck and chest. Though a recent government decree banned this practice, Christian and other non-Muslim girls report some teachers are still insisting that they wear the jibab. Meanwhile in Afghanistan, Taliban officials advise women to wear blankets to work."

Adding on, Malala retorted, "South Africa’s High Court found that a school had violated a Hindu girl’s rights by requiring her to remove her nose ring. Schools in both the United Kingdom and United States have punished Black girls for their hairstyles, sending them home or giving them detention for wearing their hair as they pleased. The International Handball Federation required women to wear revealing outfits in competition, while a woman in a similar outfit was told she couldn’t board a plane unless she covered up. In Japan, women are told to wear high heels and take off their eyeglasses at work."

Malala continued that women and girls in every corner of the globe understand that, if they are harassed or assaulted on the street, their clothes are more likely to face trial than their attackers.

"Women are constantly being told to put on or take off various items of clothing, constantly sexualised or suppressed. We are beaten at home, punished at school and harassed in public for what we wear," she remarked. "Years ago I spoke against the Taliban forcing women in my community to wear burqas – and last month I spoke against Indian authorities forcing girls to remove their hijabs at school. These aren’t contradictions – both cases involve objectifying women. If someone forces me to cover my head, I will protest. If someone forces me to remove my scarf, I will protest."

She then made a point and shared, "Whether a woman chooses a burqa or a bikini, she has the right to decide for herself. Come and talk to us about individual freedom and autonomy, about preventing harm and violence, about education and emancipation. Do not come with your wardrobe notes."

Malala's 'westernised' shift

The 24-year-old then spoke about the time when people criticised her for wearing jeans and a jacket in a picture. "A decade after the Taliban forced women in my community to wear burqas, a photo of me at college in Oxford made news around the world. In it, I am wearing a jacket, jeans and a scarf around my head," she wrote.

Further adding on, Malala commented "Some people were shocked to see me out of the traditional shalwar kameez I wore for much of my early life. They criticised me for being too Western and claimed I had abandoned Pakistan and Islam. Some said the jeans were permissible as long as I kept my scarf on. Others said my scarf was a symbol of oppression and I should take it off as if I could not be fully emancipated until I erased all traces of my ethnicity and faith. I said nothing. I felt no obligation to defend myself or meet anyone’s expectations of me."

Malala then opines, "The truth is, I love my scarves. I feel closer to my culture when I wear them. I hope girls from my village will see that someone who looks like them and dresses like them can complete her education, have a career and choose her own future."

She concluded with, "Someday I might make changes to my wardrobe. I also might not. But exploring and understanding clothing will remain part of my life, as will defending every woman’s right to determine what she wears. I love my patterned, floral shalwar kameez. I love my jeans too. And I am proud of my scarves."

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2346790/women-have-the-right-to-choose-between-burqa-and-bikini-malala

Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai on Tuesday urged world leaders to prioritise girls education to tackle some of the major issues facing the globe today.

“If we want to live in a more equal future, leaders must prioritise quality education,” Yousafzai wrote in a special edition of The Economist on the occasion of International Women’s Day.

“It prepares students to secure future jobs, think critically, solve problems and advocate for themselves,” the young ambassador for girls’ education noted, adding, “Educating young women can also help to prevent wars, mitigate the effects of climate change and make economies grow.”

She highlighted that nearly 130 million girls were currently out of school and feared that the world was moving further away from putting forth a solution.

Yousafzai further said issues such as pandemic, climate change and inequality had compounded the problems for girls, saying a sense of urgency for the same was missing.

Pointing at the estimates of Malala Fund, she said girl dropouts since the pandemic could force almost 20 million females aged between 11 to 18 years out of school.

She termed funding the biggest barrier and said world community should work on reducing the debt on lower-income nations as that could help free up resources and enable them to invest more in education.

The Nobel laureate also asked world leaders to seek and embrace perspectives given by girls for their education.

This, she hoped, would help find newer ways of filling the gaps that leaders overlook and address the aspects that affect girls’ lives in general.

Yousafzai stressed working together for a safer, equal world. “So despite the odds, we are trying our best. Will you?” she asked as she concluded her piece.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2347010/malala-urges-world-leaders-to-prioritise-girls-education

Am I right in thinking that her popularity is still very low in Pakistan?

If so, why is that, especially given that she seems to be popular in other parts of the world?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/UN6pERjOAo">pic.twitter.com/UN6pERjOAo</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1523629188133306368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malala Yousafzai's better half, Asser Malik has never shied away from singing his wife's praises. He recently took to social media and shared a picture with the youngest Nobel Prize Laureate during their visit to Norway. The couple was visiting Nobel Peace Centre. Sharing a picture of them together from the venue, Asser penned a heartfelt note for his wife.

"It was my first visit to the Nobel Peace Centre and had the privilege to see the wonderful curation of all award holders and their work. Felt super privileged seeing the amazing recognition of Malala’s activism," Asser shared on Twitter. "P.S Oslo is beautiful."

Asser, the lucky man who tied the knot with Malala last year, took to Twitter to share his love and admiration for the women's rights activist. "In Malala, I found the most supportive friend, a beautiful and kind partner — I'm so excited to spend the rest of our life together. Thank you all for the wishes on our Nikkah. In following our cricket team's tradition, we had to do a victory cake cutting," Asser, who serves as the general manager at the Pakistan Cricket Board, wrote.

"Today marks a precious day in my life. Asser (Malik) and I tied the knot to be partners for life," Malala, too, wrote on Twitter, where she also posted images of herself and her new husband on their wedding day. "We celebrated a small nikkah ceremony at home in Birmingham with our families. Please send us your prayers. We are excited to walk together for the journey ahead," she added.

Her husband, Asser, describes himself on his LinkedIn profile as an entrepreneur with a history of working in the sports industry. He studied at Pakistan’s prestigious Aitchison College in Lahore, which was also attended by Pakistan’s current prime minister, Imran Khan. Malik graduated from Lahore University of Management Sciences with a degree in economics and political science in 2012.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/236197...eeing-amazing-recognition-of-malalas-activism

Am I right in thinking that her popularity is still very low in Pakistan?

If so, why is that, especially given that she seems to be popular in other parts of the world?

Maybe if she comes back and put in some effort at the ground level in those areas of Pakistan that need girls education, people will start seeing her differently?
Just a thought/suggestion for her. Put your money where your mouth is.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#56492;"Tonight, teams from 72 countries join Birmingham to celebrate friendship across borders."<br><br>❤️<a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a>'s address was incredible!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/B2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#B2022</a> <a href="https://t.co/612sHZN8T2">pic.twitter.com/612sHZN8T2</a></p>— Birmingham 2022 (@birminghamcg22) <a href="https://twitter.com/birminghamcg22/status/1552773429492957190?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malala delivered a speech at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in Birmingham.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��"Tonight, teams from 72 countries join Birmingham to celebrate friendship across borders."<br><br>❤️<a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a>'s address was incredible!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/B2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#B2022</a> <a href="https://t.co/612sHZN8T2">pic.twitter.com/612sHZN8T2</a></p>— Birmingham 2022 (@birminghamcg22) <a href="https://twitter.com/birminghamcg22/status/1552773429492957190?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malala delivered a speech at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony in Birmingham.

Inspirational for so many women around the world.

Well done to her.

I adore this lady. I'm thinking of reading her book soon. It has received good reviews.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��"Tonight, teams from 72 countries join Birmingham to celebrate friendship across borders."<br><br>❤️<a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a>'s address was incredible!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/B2022?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#B2022</a> <a href="https://t.co/612sHZN8T2">pic.twitter.com/612sHZN8T2</a></p>— Birmingham 2022 (@birminghamcg22) <a href="https://twitter.com/birminghamcg22/status/1552773429492957190?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should have named Kashmir and Palestine there as well!

After partnering with Apple Inc to produce several dramas, the world's youngest Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, Malala Yousafzai, is gearing up to produce three films for Hollywood, as per Variety. Malala, who’s always had a serious outlook towards life and consequently constructed an image that leads people to always take her seriously, is also a storyteller aside from being an author and activist. And she is ready to offer the world her fun side in an attempt to make it a more inclusive place.

Very few might imagine, but Malala’s latest interaction with Variety makes it clear that she, like most women her age, loves to binge-watch popular Netflix shows and tell dad jokes. And much like everyone else, she also loves to see the representation of people like herself onscreen. In an exclusive for the outlet’s Power of Women celebration, Malala expressed her love for Stranger Things, and her affinity for Dustin Henderson. She also discussed her growing interest in entertainment and how she wishes to use it to change the world’s perception of people of colour.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/237924...vist-gears-up-to-change-the-world-as-producer

<b>Malala Yousafzai has hit out at the lack of diversity in Hollywood films, saying less than 4% of lead characters are Asian.</b>

<I>The activist, who will soon mark 10 years since she was shot in the head by the Taliban on her school bus in Pakistan, has confronted Hollywood for its lack of representation.</I>

Speaking at an event celebrating female creative leaders in Los Angeles, the activist and campaigner said:

"I know that executives have passed on dozens of quality, equally amazing projects because they thought that the characters or their creators were too young, too brown, too foreign, too poor.

"Sometimes it feels like they're saying we just don't belong here."

It is almost ten years since Malala, 25, was shot by the Taliban on the bus home from school after speaking up for the right of girls to be educated.

The attack prompted her global campaign for girls' education and equal representation.

She has since won a Nobel Peace Prize and graduated from Oxford University with a philosophy, politics and economics degree.

She told the Variety's Power of Women event: "I learned that Asian people like me make up less than 4% of leads in Hollywood films.

"Muslims are 25% of the population, but only 1% of characters in popular TV series.

"Behind the camera, the statistics for black and brown creators are even worse."

In a bid to tackle these statistics, Malala has set up Extracurricular, a production company.

Founded last year in partnership with Apple TV+, the company has prioritised female-led narratives that Malala hopes will "connect people across cultures".

Malala was honoured at the Variety event alongside Hillary Clinton and her daughter Chelsea, Elizabeth Olsen, Oprah Winfrey and the Duchess of Sussex.

https://news.sky.com/story/malala-y...n-representation-12707763?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Malala Yousafzai has joined Pakistan's official Oscar entry, Joyland, as an integral part. According to Variety, the country's youngest Nobel prize laureate, who has recently announced three ventures with Apple Inc, will be taking charge as the film's executive producer.

Talking about it, Malala told the publication she's "incredibly proud to support a film that proves Pakistani artists are among the best in global cinema." She said in a statement, "Joyland invites us to open our eyes to the people closest to us — to see our family members and friends as they are, not colored by our own expectations or societal bias.”

Recently, Pakistan’s Oscars Selection Committee has shortlisted Joyland as the country’s submission to the 95th Academy Awards for the ‘International Feature Film Award’ category. Written and directed by Saim Sadiq, and produced by Apoorva Guru Charan, Sarmad Sultan Khoosat and Lauren Mann, Joyland features Ali Junejo, Rasti Farooq, Alina Khan, Sarwat Gillani, Salman Peerzada, Sohail Sameer and Sania Saeed.

“We are delighted to be able to send one of our best to compete at the Academy Awards this year. Joyland gives us hope that Pakistani cinema is finally leaving a mark on the world stage. This may just be the year we get noticed! Congratulations to the entire filmmaking team.” said Pakistan Oscar Committee chair, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.

The Saim Sadiq directorial is a befitting pick, granted its success at Cannes and following global acclaim. In May, the film won the Queer Palm prize for best LGBT, queer or feminist-themed movie at Cannes. The first-ever Pakistani competitive entry at the festival, the film also won the Jury Prize in the ‘Un Certain Regard’ category, a segment focusing on young, innovative cinema talent.

A tale of the sexual revolution, Joyland tells the story of the youngest son in a patriarchal family who is expected to produce a baby boy with his wife. He, instead, joins an erotic dance theatre and falls for the troupe's director, a trans woman.

Malala, on the other hand, had signed a deal for three films with Apple Inc. “What I hope to bring to the table are the voices of women of color, and debut writers and Muslim directors and writers,” Malala told the publication.

“I hope we can have a wide range of perspectives and that we challenge some of the stereotypes we hold in our societies. And I also hope that the content is entertaining and that people fall in love with the characters and have the best time together.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2380414/malala-joins-joyland-as-executive-producer

ISLAMABAD: Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai will visit Pakistan on October 12 Tuesday. According to a report, the Nobel laureate will visit the flood-hit areas in Sindh to assure more help to the affected people. As per the report, officials of the Home Ministry have written a letter to the Sindh government about proper arrangements for Malala Yousafzai’s visit to the flood-hit areas.

ISLAMABAD: Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai will visit Pakistan on October 12 Tuesday. According to a report, the Nobel laureate will visit the flood-hit areas in Sindh to assure more help to the affected people. As per the report, officials of the Home Ministry have written a letter to the Sindh government about proper arrangements for Malala Yousafzai’s visit to the flood-hit areas.

Good for her. She still cares about her country.

Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan to help flood victims
The Pakistani education rights icon last visited Pakistan nearly four years ago in 2018 - it was the first time she returned home to her native Swat Valley after being shot by the Taliban there

Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai has reached Pakistan to help flood victims.

She landed at the Karachi airport amid strict security, Geo News reported Tuesday morning. Malala's parents are also visiting with her.

The Pakistani education rights icon last visited Pakistan nearly four years ago in 2018. It was the first time she returned home to her native Swat Valley after being shot by the Taliban there.

In October 2012, Malala — then 15 years old — was shot in the head at point-blank range by Taliban gunmen as she was returning from her school in the Swat Valley.

She suffered bullet injuries and was admitted to the military hospital Peshawar but was later flown to London for further treatment. The shooting drew widespread international condemnation.

She has become an internationally recognised symbol of resistance to the Taliban's efforts of denying women education and other rights.

In 2014, Yousafzai became the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize at the age of 17 in recognition of her efforts for children's rights.

The Nobel laureate has now returned to the country for the second time to provide help to the affected people in the flood-hit areas of Sindh.

The News PK

Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai reached the flood-affected area of Chandan in Johi area of Dadu district on Wednesday during the second day of her visit to Pakistan.

Sindh Health Minister Azra Fazal Pechuho and Education Minister Syed Sardar Ali Shah accompanied Malala. They were also joined by musician and activist Shehzad Roy, founder of the Zindagi Trust.

Malala1665515169-0.png

https://tribune.com.pk/story/238117...dh-emphasises-schooling-for-affected-children

Malala Yousafzai attended last night's ceremony with her husband, Asser Malik. Jimmy Kimmel, pretending to ask questions from members of the public, approached the Nobel Peace prize winner and asked what some social media users said was an offensive question.

At the Oscars, Malala was representing her nominated documentary short Stranger at the Gate.

"Your work in human rights and education for women and children is an inspiration," Jimmy said as he reached where the 25-year-old was sitting.

"As the youngest Nobel Prize winner in history, I was wondering, do you think Harry Styles spit on Chris Pine?"

"I only talk about peace," she responded after a brief pause.

Though she handled the question like a pro, several users were annoyed, saying a question about a silly, fabricated fight between two famous men, directed at such an accomplished woman, was insulting.

In the hours after the ceremony, she took to Twitter and, sharing a video of the bizarre exchange, wrote: 'Treat people with kindness.'

Such a quip meant questions were raised today on whether the whole skit with the activist was pre-arranged beforehand.

One Twitter user wrote: "They aren't ambushed. These are all planned and they agree to participate in advance."

Another said: "Why is everyone so stuffy? Malala is allowed to have a sense of humour and participate in a lighthearted joke.

"And I would bet my last dollar that it was all staged and that she agreed to participate beforehand."

The evening took a further awkward turn as an attendee dressed as Cocaine Bear from the movie of the same name crawled down the aisle and began to pester Malala.

Jimmy called out: "Cocaine bear, leave Malala alone!" as the activist looked on.

Its a tough call who is more irritating, Malala or Greta.

How is being at the Oscars helping girls education?

She has done more for women rights in pakistan than most people. She does trigger a certain segment oe the Pakistani population. The likes or Ansari and Maqbool Jaan come to mind.

Malala should be an inspiration for the Pakistani youth. Pakistan would be far better with more kids like her.

Back