Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

So you’re advising her to live in Pakistan,where she was shot.Yet you are living in the UK yourself?

I've lived here all my life, it's my home. Her home is in Pakistan which she loves and as she said is so happy going back there. Pakistan as a nation should be ashamed they cannot protect her but it's ok we Brits will pay out of our taxes to protect her and provide services.

She didn't write the book, it was ghostwritten by some British war correspondent. The problem with Malala is that she is used as a propaganda symbol for America's 'civilising the savages' war in Afghanistan and NWFP

What I would have written.

Nothing against her, she has good intentions but only a fool would deny she is being used as a propaganda tool by western governments and a money making tool by her father.

Whatever you may think of her as an individual, she has done a lot of positive for Pakistan’s PR on the world stage.

Couldn’t agree more.

We need her to keep pushing more people to get educated in Pakistan.

She’s a positive light for Pakistan around the world.

Couldn’t agree more.

We need her to keep pushing more people to get educated in Pakistan.

She’s a positive light for Pakistan around the world.

Exactly.

People need to understand that education, and only education, is the way forward. Otherwise, the general public will continuously vote for the likes of Nawaz and Zardari.

Zaid Hamid saying that she is a western puppet and her Dad an agent. What you boy's think about his latest views?

People bash me for being a Malala critic and I see nothing wrong in this visit so #welcomehomemalala.

Wish you'd stay but oh well.

If we disrespect Malala then we are also disrespecting children who suffered in APS attack as well. Both suffered at the hands of same monster so why should we dislike Malala just because she was lucky enough to survive and is living better life?

Welcome home Malala!

Good point!!

Great to see Malala back, I am really happy and genuinely surprised that this time, Malala's entry back to Pakistan has been seen positively by alot of the people. Alot of channels are defending her, which was not the case back in the day. Ofcourse alot of people still literally despise her without any reason for that.

She said in her speech that her fund has invested more than 6 million Dollars in Pakistan over women's education. That is alot of money equivalent to 60 crore Rupees Pakistani. This is in addition to the humantarian work she has done all over the world for education. If anyone really has a problem with the education she is providing to others, then I would really suggest them to invest more money than her, out of spite or whatever, if they do more than this then they can hate or her as much as they like.... because according to them Malala's money is 'haraam' and funded by foreign countries as a conspiracy against Pakistan (Laughable)!!

If most of these keyboard jihadis haven't done that, and are only spewing garbage on her for no reason, they can only shut up and let the good people do what they're doing to educate the poor in Pakistanis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Pakistanis who call her out for running away to the UK are sitting abroad.Height of hypocrisy.

There are so many quotes being falsely attributed to her to make her look anti-Pakistan and anti-Islam and many popular Pakistani pages are sharing them with hundreds of thousand of their followers.

One such quote: ‘Burqas and beards remind me of the stone age.’

She is probably the most influential Pakistani in the world right now but our awaam is too dumb to realize that and would rather believe conspiracy theories that makes them comfortable in their little bubble.

Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai on Saturday visited her home in Swat Valley, more than five years after she survived a Taliban attack in the valley.

Malala along with her parents landed in Swat on Saturday morning amid tight security.

Her father Ziauddin Yousafzai consoled the teary eyed 20-year-old upon her arrival at their old home.

A Pakistani student of the school of Malala Yousafzai writes on a board in her hometown of Swat Valley on Friday. ─ AP
The Pakistan army provided Malala a helicopter, which took her to Mingora from Islamabad, where she arrived before dawn on Thursday, flanked by heavy security. She plans to return to Britain on Monday.

According to her uncle Mahmoodul Hassan, she also plans to meet her friends and relatives.

Security was visibly beefed up in Mingora the previous day.

Malala, who belongs to Swat, has been living in the UK since October 2012. She was shifted from Pakistan to a hospital in Birmingham in a precarious condition after she had sustained a bullet in her head in a targeted attack by the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in Swat. She was on her way home in a school van with other girls after taking an exam when the TTP men opened fire on them. Two other girls also sustained gunshot wounds.

The attack on the schoolgirls received widespread criticism at the national and international levels as Malalai received sympathies and support from across the world.

Responding to the condemnation, the TTP denounced Malala, compelling her to stay back in the UK due to security concerns.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1398707/malala-visits-swat-amid-tight-security

MINGORA: Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai on Saturday visited her hometown in Swat for the first time since being attacked by Taliban gunmen.

“I left Swat with my eyes closed and now return with my eyes open,” she told AFP, referring to how she was airlifted out in a coma after the attack in 2012. “I am extremely delighted. My dream has come true. Peace has returned to Swat because of the invaluable sacrifices rendered by my brothers and sisters,” Malala said at a school outside Mingora. On Saturday, Yousafzai flew by helicopter, accompanied by her father, mother, and two brothers, to visit her childhood home in Swat amid heavy security.

“I miss everything about Pakistan … right from the rivers, the mountains, to even the dirty streets and the garbage around our house, and my friends and how we used to have gossip and talk about our school life, to how we used to fight with our neighbours.”

She said she has wanted to return before but, aside from security concerns, there was the hectic pace of school and her entry exams to Oxford, where she began studying last year for a degree in politics, philosophy and economics. After flying by an army helicopter from Islamabad, Malala met friends and family before visiting the all-boys Swat Cadet College in Guli Bagh, some 15 kilometres outside Mingora.

Malala Yousafzai comes out from an helicopter upon her arrival at the all-boys Swat Cadet College Guli Bagh, during her hometown visit, some 15 kilometres outside of Mingora. Photo: AFP
Malala Yousafzai comes out from an helicopter upon her arrival at the all-boys Swat Cadet College Guli Bagh, during her hometown visit, some 15 kilometres outside of Mingora. Photo: AFP

Officials had earlier said she would address students there, but she stayed only a few minutes to take photographs before leaving again to return to Islamabad. Malala was kept out of range of local media on Friday, making it difficult to learn about her activities on the day.

The Nobel Laureate returned to Pakistan on Thursday for the first time since Taliban militants shot her in the head almost six years ago for her efforts to promote girls’ education. She was flown to Britain in 2012 for medical care and then impressed the world with her eloquence on rights issues. Malala went on to become the youngest ever Nobel Laureate, winning the peace prize in 2014. She shared the laurel with Indian child rights activist Kailash Satyarthi.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1673906/1-nobel-winner-malala-visits-hometown-swat-valley/

[MENTION=135196]waleed88[/MENTION] i am not personally impressed with.What is your v this girl.What is your views?

[MENTION=135196]waleed88[/MENTION] in fact i have not studied her and dont know much about her but it always come to my mind tthatshe chosen the easier path for her fame rather than hard work.Looks like you have been her biggest supporter on this thread thats why i asked.
Pardon my negligence if i am wrong.

[MENTION=135196]waleed88[/MENTION] in fact i have not studied her and dont know much about her but it always come to my mind tthatshe chosen the easier path for her fame rather than hard work.Looks like you have been her biggest supporter on this thread thats why i asked.
Pardon my negligence if i am wrong.

My views on Malala have changed gradually, its been a slow process. My point is I am not gonna hate on someone who is investing money on education in Pakistan. Like you said maybe you can read more about her contributions and achievements on her website Malala.org

My views on Malala have changed gradually, its been a slow process. My point is I am not gonna hate on someone who is investing money on education in Pakistan. Like you said maybe you can read more about her contributions and achievements on her website Malala.org

Thanks.Yes if someone does a job like this then we should appreciate.

Those clowns who are cursing her now after her return to Pakistan have been cursing her ,for years, for not returning to the country. Aray bhai, chahtay kya ho!

Just saw a tweet on Malala from a women's conference in Toronto and the replies were filled with Pakistanis and right wing Islamophobes attacking her. This is the sad state of Pakistanis that they will team up with the very people who hate Pakistan and Muslims just to get back at Malala.

The irony is that in the conference, Malala spoke about her love for her home in Swat and her desire for regular visits. Even if you hate her, why would you team up with the right wing? Are Pakistanis that hateful or just ignorant?

Just saw a tweet on Malala from a women's conference in Toronto and the replies were filled with Pakistanis and right wing Islamophobes attacking her. This is the sad state of Pakistanis that they will team up with the very people who hate Pakistan and Muslims just to get back at Malala.

The irony is that in the conference, Malala spoke about her love for her home in Swat and her desire for regular visits. Even if you hate her, why would you team up with the right wing? Are Pakistanis that hateful or just ignorant?

Some people have very little knowledge of Islam or it etiquettes

General misogyny I would say. Some (mainly young) men cannot stand a young woman who has strength and dignity.

General misogyny I would say. Some (mainly young) men cannot stand a young woman who has strength and dignity.

Indeed. Seems like social media has brought out the worst in frustrated young men, I had never heard of Incel before last week's massacre in Toronto.

I've also seen a substantial amount of women (based on usernames) spewing hate against Malala. Misogyny plays a role but there is also misplaced nationalism from a country which already feels it is "us vs. the world."

I've also seen a substantial amount of women (based on usernames) spewing hate against Malala. Misogyny plays a role but there is also misplaced nationalism from a country which already feels it is "us vs. the world."

Yes. These Pakistani women are such hypocrites. If you go to their profiles on FB, you will their walls full of photos with Pakistani celebrities and quotes about relationships and what not but when Malala takes a photo with foreign male dignitaries,these women label her a sinner.

And, there are also well-educated Pakistani women who spew hatred against this girl. This country is doomed.

Pakistanis are the biggest hypocrites. There are Pakistanis who call her our for leaving the country but when you speak to them personally, they will plead with you: ‘Yaar, HK anay ka koi tareeqa nikalo. Yaha Pakistan may koi future nahin hai.’

The way this girl is treated by her own people just shows you how sick the society she comes from really is.

Sad but true. The whole world recognises her achievements but her own people think of her as a traitor.

Yep. Just the fact that she was shot in the head at such a young age would make most people sympathetic when dealing with her, but no, empathy is seriously is lacking with some Pakistanis.

Yep. Just the fact that she was shot in the head at such a young age would make most people sympathetic when dealing with her, but no, empathy is seriously is lacking with some Pakistanis.

I like your comment regrading sympathy. We don't have to like her or believe she's done anything to have sympathy for an assassination attempt on a 14 year old girl. I constantly see comments on social media such as:

"I should get shot in the head to get a foreign passport or a Nobel Prize."

I wish I could say this behaviour was relegated to a lower socio-economic demographic but it's not.

Sad but true. The whole world recognises her achievements but her own people think of her as a traitor.

Unfair to generalize public opinion.

Her critics are the way they are because they believe she doesn't deserve all the honorary awards/degrees/medals being showered on her. The ones that do call her a traitor are those who also believe that her father worked for CIA; therefore its upto you if you want to label the whole PAK awaam as conspiracy theorists.

Also please enlighten me regarding the afore-mentioned "achievements" keeping in mind that achievements are gained through hard work/determination and not donations/gifts received due to worldwide fame.

Unfair to generalize public opinion.

Her critics are the way they are because they believe she doesn't deserve all the honorary awards/degrees/medals being showered on her. The ones that do call her a traitor are those who also believe that her father worked for CIA; therefore its upto you if you want to label the whole PAK awaam as conspiracy theorists.

Also please enlighten me regarding the afore-mentioned "achievements" keeping in mind that achievements are gained through hard work/determination and not donations/gifts received due to worldwide fame.

I think he's referring to people who call her a traitor for leaving Pakistan for life saving medical surgery. Ironic since vast majority of Pakistanis want to leave and no one's trying to kill them.

I would label majority of the Pakistani awaam as conspiracy theorists who rather blame the zionists, Americans, Indians, Ahmadis, illuminati, etc for the country's problems instead of selecting better leaders. We can't keep voting in the Altafs, Sharifs, Bhuttos, etc. and then blame Malala for Pakistan's sad sack international reputation.

Pakistanis ARE the biggest conspiracy theorists!

This is true even at a personal level. My parents are constantly blaming Jews or Indians for all the issues in Pakistan and Muslim communities.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Very humbled to meet the 2014 Nobel Prize Laureate <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a> today <a href="https://twitter.com/LastManStands?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LastManStands</a> in Chester. <a href="https://t.co/On3J5bmrlP">pic.twitter.com/On3J5bmrlP</a></p>— James Franklin (@jecfranklin) <a href="https://twitter.com/jecfranklin/status/1026590477028614144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 6, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So happy to be back in Canada today! 🇨🇦 Thank you, Prime Minister, for your time and your commitment to education for every child. <a href="https://t.co/xOELHsXMu8">https://t.co/xOELHsXMu8</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1038225839924682753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We will not accept a world where decisions about our future are made in rooms we cannot enter. Congratulations to all the young leaders participating in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Youth2030?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Youth2030</a> today. <a href="https://t.co/WNwWtcvMou">pic.twitter.com/WNwWtcvMou</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1044294049669230592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 24, 2018</a></blockquote>

Malala to be honoured with Harvard leadership award for activism

Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai is being honored by Harvard University for her work promoting girls’ education. Harvard’s Kennedy School said Yousafzai will be awarded the 2018Gleitsman Award at a ceremony today.

Yousafzai became the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014 when she was recognised for her global work supporting schooling for all children.

“Malala speaks powerfully to the strength and perseverance of women and girls who are oppressed,” said David Gergen, professor of public service at Harvard Kennedy School and director of the Center for Public Leadership.

“Her remarkable story has inspired girls — and boys as well — to follow in her footsteps and has activated a generation of practitioners and legislators who are fighting for equality in their own communities,” he went on.

“Alan Gleitsman, whose philanthropy made this award possible, believed in individuals whose vision inspired others to confront injustice,” Gergen continued.

“He was an ardent supporter of Harvard Kennedy School’s efforts to cultivate the world’s youngest changemakers and would be so pleased by today’s announcement.”

In 2012, she survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban. She later founded the nonprofit Malala Fund to support her work.

Harvard officials say her story has inspired a generation of boys and girls to follow in her footsteps. Now 21, Yousafzai is a student at Oxford University in England.

The Gleitsman Award provides $125,000 for activism that has improved quality of life around the world.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1861303/4-malala-honoured-harvard-leadership-award-activism/

What a legend this young lady is. Yet we have people who are crying and screaming for the return of a terrorist who they refer to as the daughter of Pakistan but fail to appreciate what this young lady has done for the country.

It is because of people like this that we will never progress as a nation

What a legend this young lady is. Yet we have people who are crying and screaming for the return of a terrorist who they refer to as the daughter of Pakistan but fail to appreciate what this young lady has done for the country.

It is because of people like this that we will never progress as a nation

Can you elaborate on what she has done for Pakistan? Genuine question.

Can you elaborate on what she has done for Pakistan? Genuine question.

she has become a role model and given hope to numerous young girls who are forced not to go school and stay at home and who get threathed by parents, terroists, islamists etc.

she has become a role model for women empowerment where girls and women are afraid to leave the house alone and most importantly for those women who want to work

Please do not read the comments by Pakistanis on Facebook beneath this newspaper article. It will leave you dumbfounded.

Please do not read the comments by Pakistanis on Facebook beneath this newspaper article. It will leave you dumbfounded.

What is the reason behind the dislike? Is it because she is now rich, famous and influential? I have never heard her make any anti Pak comments till date.

What is the reason behind the dislike? Is it because she is now rich, famous and influential? I have never heard her make any anti Pak comments till date.

pakistanis belive everything is a conspiracy by the west against them

When asylum seekers looked to an affluent Australia for hope, it was disappointing to see some were treated with "hatred" and weren't even allowed to set foot on its shores, said activist Malala Yousafzai.

Yet when the Taliban came for Ms Yousafzai's family in Pakistan, her family was given sanctuary by friends, family, strangers, true to the country's culture of welcoming those in need.

Documentary about Pakistani schoolgirl-turned Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai, who was shot by the Taliban for speaking out on girls' education.

The 21 year old activist – who in 2014 became the youngest Nobel Laureate in history – attacked Australia's offshore processing of refugees on Manus Island and Papua New Guinea as being out of touch with its people's warm and welcoming nature.

"I was a bit disappointed for a long time now, following the news on Australia and how they are treating refugees, especially children, especially young people, who are going through a lot of mental issues," said Ms Yousafzai. She is releasing a book on refugees – We Are Displaced – next month.

After being in Australia for a few days for public talks in Sydney and Melbourne as part of the Women World Changers series, Ms Yousafzai said she loved Australia, cricket and the Australian cricket team. On Thursday, she was planning to meet young refugee students in Sydney. In Melbourne, she sought out Indigenous archaeologist, Maddison Miller, to better understand Australia's history and culture.

"Australia is a welcoming and warm country. And when you look at the immigration policies, they do not actually represent the people of Australia," she said.

"[Refugees] want safety, they want homes, they want somebody to give them protection, and then suddenly you welcome them with hatred," she said.

"You do not even allow them to land or step their feet on Australia," she said referring to the offshore processing of asylum seekers. "So I think it is disappointing and I hope that the people of Australia do stand up for refugees and show their true human-side."

Her comments come as the government continues to grapple with the fate of the last of the asylum seekers who were sent to detention centres on Nauru and Manus Island by the then Labor government more than five years ago. Many are ill, others are in dire mental health, say doctors.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said a week ago that he had moved more than 100 children from Nauru to Australia in the past three months. Only 10 minors remain on the island, and four were expected to be re-settled soon in the United States.

Ms Yousafzai recalled her own experience when her family fled Taliban rule and left the Swat Valley in Pakistan, going from one home to another, from family to friends to strangers who opened their homes to the family.

She recalled packing in a hurry, grabbing shoes, dresses, trousers. Things that didn't match, she recalled. "I did want to take my school bag because I said, you know, I want to at least do my revision," said Ms Yousafzai. She is in Sydney to promote her fund to educate 130 million girls not in school.

Ms Yousafzai said it was disappointing to see how affluent countries like Australia, the United States and those in Europe could be less welcoming than many poorer nations, including Lebanon, Jordan, Kenya, Rwanda and including in Pakistan.

[Refugees] want safety, they want homes, they want somebody to give them protection, and then suddenly you welcome them with hatred. You do not even allow them to land or step their feet on Australia

"We have always had this idea that hospitality is part of our culture, and if somebody has lost their homes no matter where they're coming from and what was the reason ... your job as a human is to welcome them, and to support them, and to open your homes and open your hearts as well.

"So that is missing, because you feel like developed countries, like the United States, like Australia, like the European countries, they have bigger economies. They have infrastructure. They have so many facilities and they are quite rich countries. You would hope that they would be showing a bit more of a positive response towards refugees."

RELATED ARTICLE
Taliban leader who ordered attack on Malala Yousafzai killed
TERRORISM
Taliban leader who ordered attack on Malala Yousafzai killed
Add to shortlist
Ms Yousafzai's book includes her own experience. After she was shot in the head by the Taliban, in retaliation for talking out about the Taliban's edict banning girls from going to school, she was moved to a hospital in Birmingham. Her family relocated to the United Kingdom. And for six years, she was unable to return home.

We Are Displaced features the stories of young female refugees from Colombia, Syria, the Democratic Republic of Congo and around the world — many of whom Malala has met through her campaign for girls’ education.

Now at Oxford University in England, she said her cricket loyalties were now being challenged. While Pakistan was always first for her when it came to cricket, her school friends were urging her to next barrack for England instead of Australia in the Ashes, she said.

Ms Yousafzai, who is in Australia with her parents and her younger brother, plans to go sightseeing.

"I have a long list of places to visit. Yeah, the Opera House and the bridge, maybe I might walk there if it's not a long walk. I'm not a big fan of walking. I get tired too quickly. I give up," she said

https://www.smh.com.au/national/you...appointment-at-australia-20181213-p50m13.html

"Australia is a welcoming and warm country. And when you look at the immigration policies, they do not actually represent the people of Australia," she said.

I am sorry Malala, but they absolutely do represent the people of Australia. It's one thing to accept a celebrity who can enhance your country's standing while dealing a blow to the culture of the country you are fleeing from, but that doesn't mean the people of Australia or any other western world want to deal with refugees piling in from all corners looking for a better life.

Malala is right to point to the infrastructure and wealth of the developed nations, but they wouldn't stay that way for long if it was open house on immigration like Malala would like in her idealised world.

Count your blessing young lady and have a merry Christmas!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fort Bend ISD names new elementary school in honor of Nobel Peace Prize recipient Malala Yousafzai. MORE: <a href="https://t.co/6bXWD2K9Xa">https://t.co/6bXWD2K9Xa</a></p>— Fort Bend ISD (@FortBendISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/FortBendISD/status/1074874440691974144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 18, 2018</a></blockquote>

pakistanis belive everything is a conspiracy by the west against them

What conspiracy? Do they believe she is going to wage a war against Pakistan? Seriously asking, has she spoken ill about Pakistan or Islam till date? If yes, then I can understand the dislike.

What conspiracy? Do they believe she is going to wage a war against Pakistan? Seriously asking, has she spoken ill about Pakistan or Islam till date? If yes, then I can understand the dislike.

The dislike is because of undeserved glorification/recognition around the world. I still have the same unanswered question. What has a 21 yr old achieved to be showered with countless titles/awards/prizes? I mean there's even a frikkin asteroid named in her "honour".

7 years of innumerable donations and so little to show for it.

So much talk and so little impact.

When was the last time you heard of any meaningful achievements of the Malala Fund apart from securing fundings and donations from Bill Gates foundation and the World Bank.

Malala just has to say a word about Syrian children and voila, honorary Canadian citizenship bestowed.

What of all the other much more influential and impactful activists in Pakistan and around the world who have given decades to activism who were fortunate (or rather unfortunate, in this case) not to be shot by terrorists?

It is just like a procession where these international bodies and governments are just showering everything on her without even thinking what miracles has she done at the age of 21 that other much older and much more successful activists haven't?

Aisa konsa teer mara hai is what I'm trying to say here in a nutshell.

Don't get me wrong, because this is genuine criticism. I'm not a hater and I don't believe the CIA/Jewish agent nonsense.

When you're blessed so spectacularly then you are expected to act on it. Empty words don't cut it anymore. And empty words have they been for a good part of 7 years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can’t think of a better person to bring these stories to light. Congratulations, <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a>. <a href="https://t.co/ZAMoQxNdyq">https://t.co/ZAMoQxNdyq</a></p>— Bill Gates (@BillGates) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillGates/status/1082771033562636288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2019</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Each player of the <a href="https://twitter.com/USWNT?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@USWNT</a> will wear the name of a female inspiration on their shirt as part of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SheBelieves?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SheBelieves</a> campaign and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WomensHistoryMonth?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WomensHistoryMonth</a> during their game against England’s Lionesses’ later 👏🇺🇸 <a href="https://t.co/GjGv6kQU2e">pic.twitter.com/GjGv6kQU2e</a></p>— COPA90 (@COPA90) <a href="https://twitter.com/COPA90/status/1101907211998162944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2019</a></blockquote>

Malala and her opportunist dad are always quick to tweet on every trending topic
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hey <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Malala</a> I’m just wondering if you do know about Kashmir issue?<br> I am a bit surprised that you haven’t talked or said anything about in regard to India-Kashmir-Pakistan current situation....Unfollowing You Right Here...!!!</p>— VEENA MALIK (@iVeenaKhan) <a href="https://twitter.com/iVeenaKhan/status/1159189275486932992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malala didn't talk. About pulwama too.

She even blocked a guy who kindly asked her.

If she opens her mouth on this, she would certify herself as a hypocrite.

why? She isn't indian.

She doesn't have to comment on pulwama.

But no need to block people who nicely ask you.

Moreover shes an icon who goes beyond nationalities....a persona she herself is happy to don by commenting on world affairs.

She can talk about this but it would just make her a hypocrite to pick and choose topics about the same conflict.

She's being groomed for bigger things by a very efficient Western PR. She's still very young and nobody knows how this unfolds in a few years. I think she will issue a statement if there is violence.

The dislike is because of undeserved glorification/recognition around the world. I still have the same unanswered question. What has a 21 yr old achieved to be showered with countless titles/awards/prizes? I mean there's even a frikkin asteroid named in her "honour".

7 years of innumerable donations and so little to show for it.

So much talk and so little impact.

When was the last time you heard of any meaningful achievements of the Malala Fund apart from securing fundings and donations from Bill Gates foundation and the World Bank.

Malala just has to say a word about Syrian children and voila, honorary Canadian citizenship bestowed.

What of all the other much more influential and impactful activists in Pakistan and around the world who have given decades to activism who were fortunate (or rather unfortunate, in this case) not to be shot by terrorists?

It is just like a procession where these international bodies and governments are just showering everything on her without even thinking what miracles has she done at the age of 21 that other much older and much more successful activists haven't?

Aisa konsa teer mara hai is what I'm trying to say here in a nutshell.

Don't get me wrong, because this is genuine criticism. I'm not a hater and I don't believe the CIA/Jewish agent nonsense.

When you're blessed so spectacularly then you are expected to act on it. Empty words don't cut it anymore. And empty words have they been for a good part of 7 years.

She's a success story from the Afghan war. She's a poster child. A Muslim girl attacked while going to school but fights back saying she wants to study neverthless. There is no better role model for media. There could be other activists but press only highlights the ones that inspire.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The people of Kashmir have lived in conflict since I was a child, since my mother and father were children, since my grandparents were young. <a href="https://t.co/Qdq0j2hyN9">pic.twitter.com/Qdq0j2hyN9</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1159301216125538304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2019</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The people of Kashmir have lived in conflict since I was a child, since my mother and father were children, since my grandparents were young. <a href="https://t.co/Qdq0j2hyN9">pic.twitter.com/Qdq0j2hyN9</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1159301216125538304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2019</a></blockquote>

One word: Homeopathic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the last week, I’ve spent time speaking with people living and working in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kashmir?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Kashmir</a> - journalists, human rights lawyers and students.</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868495417237506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I wanted to hear directly from girls living in Kashmir right now. It took a lot of work from a lot of people to get their stories because of the communications blackout. Kashmiris are cut off from the world and unable to make their voices heard. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LetKashmirSpeak?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LetKashmirSpeak</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868497023672320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is what three girls told me, in their own words: “The best way to describe the situation in Kashmir right now is absolute silence. We have no way of finding out what’s happening to us. All we could hear is the steps of troops outside our windows. It was really scary.”</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868498214854656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“I feel purposeless and depressed because I can’t go to school. I missed my exams on August 12 and I feel my future is insecure now. I want to be a writer and grow to be an independent, successful Kashmiri woman. But it seems to be getting more difficult as this continues.”</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868499473125376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“People speaking out for us adds to our hope. I am longing for the day when Kashmir will be free of the misery we’ve been going through for decades.”</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868501033377792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am deeply concerned about reports of 4,000 people, including children, arbitrarily arrested & jailed, about students who haven’t been able to attend school for more than 40 days, about girls who are afraid to leave their homes.</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868502182666240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am asking leaders, at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UNGA?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#UNGA</a> and beyond, to work towards peace in Kashmir, listen to Kashmiri voices and help children go safely back to school.</p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1172868503436701696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2019</a></blockquote>

Malala is a great human being. Pakistanis should be proud that we have produced such a brave and influential girl. More power to you, Malala!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Malala Yousafzai: "Many girls, especially in developing countries, may never return to the classroom... I ask you to remember them today. As you go out and change the world, don't leave them behind." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GraduateTogether?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GraduateTogether</a> <a href="https://t.co/XFuRevyNK2">pic.twitter.com/XFuRevyNK2</a></p>— The Hill (@thehill) <a href="https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1261817062562783232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[MEDIA=youtube]AifA0QstYEw[/MEDIA]

It baffles me, why do Pakistanis hate her so much? I'm posting this video first hand to make my point, that Pakistanis hate her. What has she said against Pakistan till date? Or what has she said negative about Islam? Why hate her so much?

It baffles me, why do Pakistanis hate her so much? I'm posting this video first hand to make my point, that Pakistanis hate her. What has she said against Pakistan till date? Or what has she said negative about Islam? Why hate her so much?

The main reason is because this is a nation of conspiracy. Pakistanis try to find a conspiracy in everything!

It is also because Pakistanis hate those people who highlights the shortcomings of the country. People despise her as they see her as defaming Pakistan by getting shot, then surviving it and then living to tell the tale.

Pakistanis feel all this episode attracted international attention to the country and highlighted the widespread violence that women in Pakistan face.

It boils my blood how grown-up men curse and swear at a little girl. This country is hopeless!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hard to express my joy and gratitude right now as I completed my Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree at Oxford. I don’t know what’s ahead. For now, it will be Netflix, reading and sleep. &#55357;&#56884; <a href="https://t.co/AUxN55cUAf">pic.twitter.com/AUxN55cUAf</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1273775945917378562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hard to express my joy and gratitude right now as I completed my Philosophy, Politics and Economics degree at Oxford. I don’t know what’s ahead. For now, it will be Netflix, reading and sleep. �� <a href="https://t.co/AUxN55cUAf">pic.twitter.com/AUxN55cUAf</a></p>— Malala (@Malala) <a href="https://twitter.com/Malala/status/1273775945917378562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malala Yousafzai graduates from Oxford University

Human rights campaigner Malala Yousafzai has expressed her "joy and gratitude" at graduating from Oxford.

The 22-year-old, who survived a shot to the head by Taliban soldiers, studied politics, philosophy, and economics at Lady Margaret Hall.

Tweeting earlier, she said: "I don't know what's ahead. For now, it will be Netflix, reading and sleep."

Ms Yousafzai was attacked for saying girls should be allowed to stay in education.

She was shot in the head, neck and shoulder while travelling home from school after writing an anonymous diary about life under the extremists.

After recovering from her near-fatal injuries, she and her family relocated to Birmingham.

In 2014, she became the youngest person ever to win the Nobel Peace Prize, at the age of 17. Three years later she accepted a place to study at Oxford.

Ms Yousafzai tweeted two pictures as she announced the news that she completed her degree.

In one, she is celebrating with her family in front of a graduation cake.

The other was taken after a "trashing", a tradition at the university where students are covered with food and confetti after completing their exams.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-53107764

Funny how the west portrays Malala as the first Pakistani girl to ever get an education.

Its about how she presents herself. We should be proud of her.

I agree we should be proud of her. She was the youngest person to ever win the nobel peace prize. But there is a pattern here. Same way how Sharmeen Chinoy won the Oscars for a film about honor killing and before that a film about acid attacks, its kind of patronizing for only people to talk about an extreme fringe in Pakistan, are recognized in the west. So that rubs people the wrong way. Reeks of white mans burden.

I saw the responses on Malalas tweet, what’s Unbelievable is that even a lot of Pakistani women also seem to be abusing and insulting her as a western agent.

I thought she was supposed to be an icon for women.

I saw the responses on Malalas tweet, what’s Unbelievable is that even a lot of Pakistani women also seem to be abusing and insulting her as a western agent.

I thought she was supposed to be an icon for women.

It is utterly disgusting. This nation is hopeless!!

Good for her! Oxford PPE is a tough course. Big brain on this young lady. Impressive.

I agree we should be proud of her. She was the youngest person to ever win the nobel peace prize. But there is a pattern here. Same way how Sharmeen Chinoy won the Oscars for a film about honor killing and before that a film about acid attacks, its kind of patronizing for only people to talk about an extreme fringe in Pakistan, are recognized in the west. So that rubs people the wrong way. Reeks of white mans burden.
Exactly

Why would someone "hate" her, she is an awesome role model but the pattern is wrong

Back