Markhor (347/6) secure a convincing 160-run victory against Panthers (187 all out) in the opening game of the Champions One Day Cup 2024

A lot depends on Iftikhars motivation in this low tier tournament but if he can psyche himself up then 370 is on the cards.

Mohammad Zeeshan is about to get a real tap in fron Iftikhar.

Shadab and Usama both failed to control the game in the middle overs.

Decent turnout for this match in a domestic tournament. More than Karachi gets for PSL and international.

A lot depends on Iftikhars motivation in this low tier tournament but if he can psyche himself up then 370 is on the cards.
You think chacha will get 130 runs in the last 10? Regardless, he should bat ahead of agha atleast in this tournament at 5

This is where kamran ghulam might be exposed, while alot better then Imam, you can tell he isn't suited to hitting and is a liability from overs 40-50

Samad is a clown ong. But so is chacha. Typical chacha innings.

Blocks and blocks, makes a run a ball, waits for the arc, hits a sox then takes a run and the scorecard for a no 6 batter batting from overs 40 to 50 reads 42 of 37. Unbelievable

Blocks and blocks, makes a run a ball, waits for the arc, hits a sox then takes a run and the scorecard for a no 6 batter batting from overs 40 to 50 reads 42 of 37. Unbelievable
And usama mir is an even bigger clown.

problem is the likes of Shadab and Usama look even worse. They can't even land the ball consistently. If Mubasir improves his batting, I can see him as a spin allrounder for Pakistan
If he improves his batting, he'll be a batter for Pakistan. Can never call him an all-rounder because his spin bowling is useless. I'm telling you this guy is a very ordinary bowler. You should not judge him on the basis of how Pakistani batsmen are playing him. Pakistani batsmen once upon a time gave Marcus North 6 wickets at Lords and then Will Jacks 6 wickets at Pindi. If anything, never trust Pakistani players against spin.

The moment you cannot spin the ball, you have zero fallback. What are you going to do when the batsmen starts smacking you for sixes? What will be Mubasir's remedy? Darting the ball. That's the only thing he would be doing. If that is your fallback, why are you even a spinner? Just try fast bowling then.

This sammad guy looks good..Butt mentioned him in commentary too. Why hasnt he be tried in t20s
Naw he's average and the pure definition of a blind slogger.

Usama mir and shadab are just rubbish spinners along with nawaz

He was listening to Ifthikhar! And after Samad had been enough. He told him Chup kr Flop! I will hit 2 sixes and Aus ke munhhhh ke saaamnaiii maaarai hain!

He was listening to Ifthikhar! And after Samad had been enough. He told him Chup kr Flop! I will hit 2 sixes and Aus ke munhhhh ke saaamnaiii maaarai hain!
He's better then chacha at dispatching rubbish bowling, Usama, Amad and Shadab are the pure definition of rubbish.

But he shouldn't ever come to international cricket.

Abdul Samad and Iftikhar have similar batting style.

Both sitting deep. Using their long levers and power. Waiting for the ball to coming and then smashing it. Similar built and height as well.

The saddest part is that rizwan and Chacha are suppose to be ace guns for pakistan but a no 7 slogger who I've never heard of and has poor footwork is miles better at it.

Husnain, Zeeshan and Mubashir are the only bowlers this team has and besides mubashir the other 2 are average.

This shows how crap pcb selectors are

This Abdul Samad guy would have to do this hitting for 3 years straight before he would even be entertained as a thought in the Indian team. However, in Pakistan, we are already thinking him of some players replacement.

Let him play like this consistently for 2 years at the very minimum before we even big him up.

This is clearly 400+ runs pitch. I hope other team mentors will understand this and think out of the box rather than same 300 runs approach
Markhor were too cautious in the power play. Though it's a first game so you can give them benefit of the doubt.

Hamarei selectors ko to dekho.

Shadab, Usama, Nawaz. On what planet do these 3 ever make it into a domestic team let alone an international one?

Back