Markhor (347/6) secure a convincing 160-run victory against Panthers (187 all out) in the opening game of the Champions One Day Cup 2024

Bowling is extremely poor. Spinner bowling 2 of the last 5 overs + you have Amad butt bowling 2 overs in the death.

Great knock nonetheless but let’s reserve judgement until he plays this kind of knock against a better bowling lineup.

I like what I saw in Abdul Samad batting irrespective of the bowling attack or conditions , the guy has a natural ability to pick the ball earlier and time it as late as possible and very good power in his arms as well , he doesn’t hit brutal but he hit them clean , very gifted against spin bowling , has all the time in the world to read spin and adjust accordingly, too good against medium pacers, now only test remain is the short pitch bowling at 140k+ speed , if he pass that then he has the potential to become national team player.

I like what I saw in Abdul Samad batting irrespective of the bowling attack or conditions , the guy has a natural ability to pick the ball earlier and time it as late as possible and very good power in his arms as well , he doesn’t hit brutal but he hit them clean , very gifted against spin bowling , has all the time in the world to read spin and adjust accordingly, too good against medium pacers, now only test remain is the short pitch bowling at 140k+ speed , if he pass that then he has the potential to become national team player.
Rizwan has made a career dragging everything to one side of the pitch.
I think Samad can also manage even if he's not too good at playing short ball.

You can not say irrespective of the bowling attack or conditions.

This is international cricket we are talking about, you can’t just assume he will be successful against top quality players because he smacked around leg spinner and an all rounder who both, had no business bowling in the death.

This is exactly what is wrong with Pakistan cricket lol

Panthers need to be brave and go for this

It’s not a big total on this track and ground

He didn’t score 50 off 35

Guy hit 60 off 25 balls

That’s serious hitting. Pakistan’s top players can’t do that against this bowling
Your ifti chacha did it in international series vs New Zealand at home. I would argue that was a better bowling attack than this

What i credible hitting by Abdul Samad.

Pakistani version of Rohit Sharma so he's even more gifted with a higher ceiling

Let's not get carried away. This was still a domestic match and Pakistan has a rich history of producing players who start of with a bang but then get worked out by oppositions in international cricket and then fade away.

Let's not get carried away. This was still a domestic match and Pakistan has a rich history of producing players who start of with a bang but then get worked out by oppositions in international cricket and then fade away.
No one is getting carried away.

If the likes of chacha, Usama mir, Shadab.and rizwan are playing like crap while a complete random in samad who've we've never seen is butchering people to town + mubashir Khan is bowling better then the 2 spinners

It's telltale signs something is wrong with the selection

The difference in talent between Saim and the rest of the batters is obvious. Picks length so quickly and destroyed Naseem.

Too bad he got out.

Good hard pitch some carry for the pacers and slight grass cover. Exactly how they serve it up in internationals in SENA

The difference in talent between Saim and the rest of the batters is obvious. Picks length so quickly and destroyed Naseem.

Too bad he got out.
He needs to toil a couple seasons in domestic. Even though Saim is talented. He was not quite ready for international cricket.

Too bad he got out.
It wasn't out, it was sliding down leg, very poor decison however saim wasn't doing what you're proclaiming lol

Azan is a very bright prospect. He played seriously well in under 19 semi final against monster Aussie pacers on a tough surface

Azan is a very bright prospect. He played seriously well in under 19 semi final against monster Aussie pacers on a tough surface
I saw nothing special about him, and even I can do better then the running he did lol.

So far the only 3 players who have impressed so far is

A) Kamran ghulam
B) Butler Samad David
C) Mubashir Khan (Was okay but wasn't bowling pies like usama and sheddy)

I saw nothing special about him, and even I can do better then the running he did lol.

So far the only 3 players who have impressed so far is

A) Kamran ghulam
B) Butler Samad David
C) Mubashir Khan (Was okay but wasn't bowling pies like usama and sheddy)
Bhai let him play before this you didn't even know who he is or did u watch that under 19 game?

Usman Khan. The gift that keeps on giving.
I hate to admit it, but this was less of usman Khan and more of rizzu's captaincy.

He actually fielded perfectly to Usman knowing full well he enjoys pulling. Even the commentators were mentioning it saying rizzu knows usman Khan and has him figured.

It was a poor shot though still

Bhai let him play before this you didn't even know who he is or did u watch that under 19 game?
I didn't, but all I saw was average blocking and a poor run put. But we'll see plenty of games coming up. And you know more about him then I do. I did not see U19.

No speed gun is such a buzzkill. Mr. Chairman couldn't afford it?

Naqvi apparently wanted to broadcast the tournament like a full fledged international tournament with DRS, Snickometers, Spider Cams, Speed Guns but was advised by the PCB commercial department that this would push the broadcast cost astronomically which the PCB could not afford.

Usman’s wicket was really good captaincy by rizwan and now again by continuing to bowl Akif and Naseem into their 5th overs to pounce on the wickets

Panthers hunted by Markhors. But pitch is the winner for me.
Quality bowlers and batters both enjoyed and ordinary ones exposed

Salman butt has earned a bit of respect with his understanding of the game but I think he's getting carried away and acting a bit smart in commentary

I hate to admit it, but this was less of usman Khan and more of rizzu's captaincy.

He actually fielded perfectly to Usman knowing full well he enjoys pulling. Even the commentators were mentioning it saying rizzu knows usman Khan and has him figured.

It was a poor shot though still
Makes him look even more stupid that everyone understood what was happening but him

Naqvi apparently wanted to broadcast the tournament like a full fledged international tournament with DRS, Snickometers, Spider Cams, Speed Guns but was advised by the PCB commercial department that this would push the broadcast cost astronomically which the PCB could not afford.
So how is this tournament any different than any other domestic tournament?

Back