Markhors (231) register a comprehensive 126-run victory over Stallions (105) in Match 4 of the Champions One-Day Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In a thrilling lineup for the Pakistan Champions Cup 2024, the Markhors and Stallions are poised for an intense showdown at the historic Iqbal Stadium in Faisalabad. The much-anticipated clash is scheduled to commence at 03:00 PM (PST) and 10:00 AM (GMT).

Both teams have kicked off their campaigns on a high note, securing victories in their opening matches, and are now eagerly aiming to extend their winning streaks.

iyzwPYF.png

SQUADS:

MARKHORS:
Mohammad Rizwan (captain), Abdul Samad, Akif Javed, Ali Usman, Bismillah Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Haseebullah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Ghulam, Mohammad Faizan, Mohammad Imran Jnr, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Sarwar Afridi, Muhammad Imran, Naseem Shah, Salman Ali Agha, Shahnawaz Dahani and Zahid Mehmood.

STALLIONS: Mohammad Haris (captain), Abrar Ahmed, Adil Amin, Babar Azam, Haris Rauf, Hussain Talat, Jahandad Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Amir Khan, Saad Khan, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Ubaid Shah, Yasir Khan and Zaman Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

It is going to be Rizwan vs Babar.

I think Stallions should win this one.

The battle of the two rigged sides

Misbah+Waqar especially bolstered these two sides to give Naqvi a false impression

Toss Update - Bahria Town Champions One-Day Cup

Match 4 - UMT Markhors vs Allied Bank Stallions

UMT Markhors won the toss and elected to bat first

vfHjRi2.png

Y5oImoN.png

Stallions proper balanced side

Jahandad gives them that Balance

Ali bowled tight lines and got his reward. Superb bowling from this guy. Faizan is gone.

Ali bowled tight lines and got his reward. Superb bowling from this guy. Faizan is gone.
We must not underrate Ali the ODI bowler on the basis of his test career. He bowls good pace with white new ball with good shape away from right handers. Well ahead of Shaheen atm when it comes to providing control with new ball

Mohammad Ali is pretty impressive. Accurate lines, decent pace and bounce.

Faizan is weak against channel bowling but still.

Rizwan walks in and now he has a task to save the team again.

Fans are just chanting BABAR BABAR. They do not care who is playing atm or who is bowling.

Good captaincy from Haris. Putting slips in seeing the ball is spinning.

And you are feeling happy about it?
I am not feeling no happiness. I am just stating a fact. Every one seems to have their favourites yet the fact is there is npt one talented batter in pak who can make internationally and the ones who have succeeded a bit like Baber and Rizzy everybody goes against them

Jahandad is keep growing on me with his new ball bowling skills , he can swing the ball both ways with good decent pace ,accuracy and bounce (136-142k) plus his batting technique is of a proper middle order batter not wild slogs as you expect from a tailender plus he can hit hard without even trying.

Most batters got set and lost their wickets. Fakhar scored 20 off 24 balls, Faizan 2 off 8 balls, Kamran 11 off 13 balls

Agha is currently 12 off 28 balls.

But hey it is all Rizwan’s fault yet again for being still out there fighting it out. @Rana @mominsaigol

Most batters got set and lost their wickets. Fakhar scored 20 off 24 balls, Faizan 2 off 8 balls, Kamran 11 off 13 balls

Agha is currently 12 off 28 balls.

But hey it is all Rizwan’s fault yet again for being still out there fighting it out. @Rana @mominsaigol
I didn't even watch the match today as I have some work tmr and need to prepare. Magar good for The Kaptaan ig. He now joins the pantheon of the remarkable by making a valiant 33 and being dismissed.

Mehran strike....RIZWAN gone

Samad to come or Iftikhar time???

I didn't even watch the match today as I have some work tmr and need to prepare. Magar good for The Kaptaan ig. He now joins the pantheon of the remarkable by making a valiant 33 and being dismissed.
@gazza619 why do you guys always jump the gun? Kamas kam century to honei detei before jinxing it

Ho gayi fight?
They are happy with others failing which enables them to propagate there's no batting talent in Pakistan and without the star duo, Pakistan would start losing to Uganda, PNG, Nepal, Namibia etc

Man was fighting and then gave a dolly to deep midwicket

He’s been doing this nonsense throughout the World Cup in India too but you don’t want to see it like that

What’s Rizwan’s main tactic? Purposely breaking the bowlers rhythm by lying about the sightscreen?

Man was fighting and then gave a dolly to deep midwicket

He’s been doing this nonsense throughout the World Cup in India too but you don’t want to see it like that
He's a fighter 🫠

Waiting to see how Abdul Samad performs against a better and more complete bowling attack today

Goes quiet when Rizwan is at the crease and then livens up again as soon as gets out...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an unusual thread.
Goes quiet when Rizwan is at the crease and then livens up again as soon as gets out...
These supporters go to ground when he is in crease. To support him. Then comeback here when he gets out.

agha is probably one of our most underrated players atm
no PR hype machines for him but he has been very decent for us

Samad reminds me of young sohaib maqsood when he entered in Pak international team. He bamboozled everyone with his attractive playing style later turning into dust

Samad reminds me of young sohaib maqsood when he entered in Pak international team. He bamboozled everyone with his attractive playing style later turning into dust
Well said i was thinking of young ifti.but i think maqsood is ritw

Here we go was just a matter of time these were going to come out to the open.

I was surprised there wasn't a thread opened after his 62 off 25 the other day.
One more knock and he will be our proposed captain in all 3 formats.

Cant see much families or ladies turning out into crowd shows the radicalization and polarization happened in our society especially small cities

Abdul Sammad passed the game awareness Test that 90% of our batters fail when he played a high risk shot towards deep mid on. But because there was no fielder there, even a mistimed shot went for four and not into any fielder's hand.

Back