Multan Sultans (111/4) defeat Islamabad United (105/7) by 6 wickets in Match 29 of PSL 7

Last Monetarist

T20I Debutant
Runs
Islamabad will be waiting for Quetta's result to find out if they are already through to the next round or not, otherwise there's a slim chance they'll need a win tonight against Multan.

Squads:

Multan Sultans - Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Rilee Rossouw, Tim David, Khushdil Shah, Aamer Azmat, Asif Afridi, Rumman Raees, Imran Tahir, Blessing Muzarabani, Shahnawaz Dahani, Anwar Ali, Johnson Charles, Imran Khan, Sohaib Maqsood, Dominic Drakes, Rizwan Hussain, Abbas Afridi, Ihsanullah

Islamabad United - Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Muhammad Akhlaq, Shadab Khan(c), Liam Dawson, Azam Khan(w), Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Waqas Maqsood, Zeeshan Zameer, Colin Munro, Marchant de Lange, Zafar Gohar, Muhammad Musa, Zahir Khan, Danish Aziz, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Mohammad Huraira, Athar Mahmood, Mubasir Khan

classement.jpg

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

5. Report abuse. If you see any post which is inappropriate, report it. Do not respond to it

Islamabad United have won the toss and have opted to bat.

:)) Islamabad is safe so they are playing all the new youngsters. Every person they have got in the squad will now get an appearance. Good stuff here.

Even Asif said i dont remember the names of the guys coming in. Damn 5 changes.

Nasir Nawaz, Athar Mehmood, Hurraira, Zahid mehmood, and Zafar Gohar

Teams:

Islamabad United (Playing XI):
Nasir Nawaz, Mohammad Huraira, Liam Dawson, Azam Khan(w), Asif Ali(c), Danish Aziz, Zafar Gohar, Marchant de Lange, Athar Mahmood, Zahid Mahmood, Muhammad Musa

Multan Sultans (Playing XI): Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Rilee Rossouw, Khushdil Shah, Tim David, Aamer Azmat, David Willey, Asif Afridi, Rumman Raees, Imran Tahir, Shahnawaz Dahani

3 Debutants:
M Hurraira
Ather Mehmood
Zahid Mehmood

Faheem out
Waqas out
Mubasir out

Last edited:
Islmabad will need to stop fron getting annihilation to go thru. Sultans will score big most likely. I dunno what the calculation is for Islamabad to reach playoffs.

Islmabad will need to stop fron getting annihilation to go thru. Sultans will score big most likely. I dunno what the calculation is for Islamabad to reach playoffs.

if Islamabad scores 71, than multan has to chase that down in 4 overs..

Islamabad is already in the play offs

if Islamabad scores 71, than multan has to chase that down in 4 overs..

Islamabad is already in the play offs

Sultans are capable of scoring 18/over in PP however, since there is no need, they most likely won't. Islamad will have to be at their worst not to qualify.

Perhaps Islamabad is playing their 2nd to the last game of the tournament knowing the depleted squad.

Hoping to see Hurraira make the most of this opportunity. He should have been given a few more games in this PSL.

Poor from Huraira. What is the problem with our players they don't seem to know their limitations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azam Khan running in slo mo and should have been run out.. If anyone needed any proof why he should never be considered for internationals, this was it....

Last edited:
Azam Khan running in slo mo and should have been run out.. If anyone needed any proof why he should never be considered for internationals, this was it....

Lol, his nickname by his fans is Azam Bazooka Khan

The little I have seen of Amir Azmat he could hit the ball never seen him ball.

Thanks for clarifying that you don’t need skills to take Babar’s wicket.

He is still a trundler man.A trundler without skills.You can keep saying whatever you want to say about babar.LOL i have got nothing to do with babar LOL.
I m talking about rumman raees the ultimate trundler.

Thanks for clarifying that you don’t need skills to take Babar’s wicket.

Lol Asif Ali has taken the wicket of Sharjeel who you support he never even believed before that and got him 1st ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgraceful pitch. Not suitable for T20 Cricket

Fat man couldn't get going again today after being lazy with the running and almost getting run out or running his partner out.

Can't believe some posters want him to represent Pakistan on the international stage.

Save to say Azhar Mehmood has proven to be a complete failure of a coach.

The bowling of United has been pathetic under him. It's worse knowing he was Pakistani's bowling coach.

Save to say Azhar Mehmood has proven to be a complete failure of a coach.

The bowling of United has been pathetic under him. It's worse knowing he was Pakistani's bowling coach.

At least they will qualify for the play off with misbah they struggled to qualify last year I believe.

Ermmm with this score or shall i say no score do quetta still have a chance?

Is it time for United fans to feel uncomfortable? I am enjoying it for having this dead rubber some meaning now.

After the match rameez is gonna scold the groundsmen for preparing this kind of pathetic pitch.LOL

Sultans will be chasing 90-100. Well, let see now if united qualifies.

After the match rameez is gonna scold the groundsmen for preparing this kind of pathetic pitch.LOL

Can't blame the groundsman. Playing 15-20 games on a stretch will take a toll on any wicket

18/over is a tall task, but not impossible - improbable though. I would rather see Quetta in playoffs.

A couple of wickets here , will spice up the game , and this will be down the wire

ISU 105/7 (20)
MS 56/4 (10) CRR: 5.6 REQ: 5.00

Multan Sultans need 50 runs in 60 balls.

---

Rizwan and DW at the crease.

Rizwan the key man once again.

R_PSL_29thMatch-09035.jpg

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 17.41.34.jpg

Last edited:
So 3 years in a row Kaptaan Sarfaraz fails to qualify for the Playoffs

How many international/domestic tournaments he has won vs other captains? To his credit, he came back after being unfit - which of course was his wrongdoing. He is still a good keeper. However now it is time for him to call it quits.

Latest

ISU 105/7 (20)
MS 86/4 (15.2)

CRR: 5.61 REQ: 4.29

Multan Sultans need 20 runs in 28 balls

David Willey *20 / Mohammad Rizwan 37

Rizwan has played a very different kind of innings here , an innings of control , curbing lose shots , very solid innings.

Comfortable win in the end for MS.

Rizwan immovable.

Islamabad Un-United doesn't deserve to be in play-offs for this season. They've been mediocre, kept choking

Defending champions Multan Sultans produced another stellar all-round performance to finish the double-league round-robin stage of the HBL Pakistan Super League 7 with a staggering nine wins out of 10 matches (most for any teams in the group stage in an HBL PSL edition). Sultans defeated Islamabad United by six wickets in front of a packed Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday night, despite their defeat, United, the 2016 and 2018 champions confirmed a place in the play-offs.

United won the toss and opted to bat first, their batters though failed to do justice to the decision made by the captain Asif Ali on a sluggish pitch.

United who have had multiple recent injuries to deal with had to field a largely inexperienced side. Debutant Mohammad Huraira (2) was the first to go. Liam Dawson scored 22 off 11 balls (five fours) but his departure with the total at 36 triggered a collapse. The Sultans squeezed the United middle and lower order as from 36 for one they slipped to 77 for seven.

The Sultans spinning duo of Asif Afridi and Imran Tahir (player of the match) maintained their stranglehold in the middle overs. The seasoned Imran produced an outstanding and miserly spell of 4-0-8-2. Asif took two for 21 in his four overs. Pacer Musa Khan with 26 runs (21 balls, two fours, two sixes) was the top-scorer in United’s drab effort. Their total of 105 for seven is the lowest team total in the HBL PSL 7.

Sultans, Qalandars, Peshawar Zalmi and United will be playing the HBL PSL 7 playoffs. Sultans will play the Qualifier with either Qalandars or Zalmi on Wednesday. Qalandars are favourites to finish number two but a big defeat in their final group match to Zalmi tomorrow can push them to three and Zalmi to the second spot.

United will be playing Eliminator 1 against Qalandars or Zalmi on Thursday.

Other performers

Set an easy 106-run chase, Sultans had crashed to 43 for four in 7.2 overs as Dawson followed-up on his 22-run batting contribution with three wickets in his opening spell with the new ball.

Skipper Mohammad Rizwan came to his side’s rescue for the umpteenth time as he dropped anchor with an unbeaten innings of 51 (42 balls, two fours, one six).

Rizwan added 68 runs in the unbroken fifth-wicket stand with David Willey who made 28 off 32 (one four, one six). Rizwan finished the match with a majestic six over the extra cover boundary that took him past his 50. The wicketkeeper batter is at number two in the HBL PSL 7 batting charts with 479 runs at 68.42 behind Qalandars’ Fakhar Zaman – 521 runs at 57.88.

Sultans finished their chase with 16 balls to spare.

Player of the match Imran Tahir: “The pitch did offer some turn but the pitch doesn’t matter too much to me. I like sticking to the plans that I make before I start a match. Today, I am happy how the ball came out. It’s a good vibe in this team and we back each other, I want to enjoy my performances and deliver in the play-offs.”

Scores in brief:

Islamabad United 105 for 7, 20 overs (Muhammad Musa 26 not out, Liam Dawson 22; Imran Tahir 2-8, Asif Afridi 2-21)

Multan Sultans 111 for 4, 17.2 overs (Mohammad Rizwan 51 not out, David Willey 28; Liam Dawson 3-16)

Highlights

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/inip6i" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Back