Musharraf treason case adjourned until after Ramazan on ex-president's plea [Update Post #101]

Runner Up

T20I Debutant
Runs
Former President General (retd) Pervez Musharraf was rushed to hospital Thursday after suffering a "heart problem" on his way to court for a hearing in his treason case.

The 70-year-old had been summoned to the special tribunal in Islamabad after failing to show up for two previous sessions due to security threats against him.

Musharraf's team says the allegations, which relate to his imposition of emergency rule in November 2007, are politically motivated and his lawyers have challenged the authority of the three-judge tribunal.

He is the first former army chief to go on trial in Pakistan, setting up a potentially destabilising clash between the government -- which brought the charges -- and the all-powerful military.

Jan Mohammad, a senior police official, told the court in Islamabad that Musharraf had fallen ill while being transported to the hearing under heavy security.

"He has been shifted to Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology after he got heart problem," Mohammad said.

Security was tight at the hospital in Rawalpindi, the garrison city which neighbours Islamabad, an AFP journalist said, with soldiers and paramilitary Rangers standing guard.
An aide to Musharraf, who is facing a series of criminal cases dating back to his 1999-2008 rule, told AFP the retired general was in "bad shape".

A statement from his spokesman Raza Bokhari said Musharraf was conscious and "oriented in time and space" and was being examined by military doctors.

Lawyer walkout Earlier on Thursday his lawyers walked out of court, complaining of being threatened and harassed.

Anwar Mansoor Khan, one of the lawyers, told the court he has been receiving threats and was unable to sleep the night before the hearing.

"I was under total threat... from 1:00 am to five in the morning. Someone was banging on my door and ringing my bell," Khan told the court.

When one of the judges asked who was threatening him, Khan answered: "This very government."

The court promised to investigate but Khan walked out of court, followed by other members of Musharraf's legal team.

"This never happened in my 40 years of practice. I will walk out," Khan said.

Musharraf's lawyers have previously said the treason case is an attempt by the government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, whom Musharraf ousted in a coup in 1999, to settle old scores through the courts.

Sharifuddin Pirzada, another of Musharraf's lawyers, also complained that he had been threatened.

Khan told the court on Wednesday he had been attacked in his car while travelling to the eastern city of Lahore following an earlier hearing.

The treason allegations are the latest in a series of criminal cases faced by Musharraf since he returned to Pakistan in a thwarted bid to run in last May's general election.

These include murder charges over the assassination in late 2007 of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

On Sunday the retired general denounced the treason case as a "vendetta" against him and claimed he had the backing of the military.

There has been no public comment on the case from the army, but some observers say they are reluctant to have their former chief suffer the indignity of trial in a civilian court.
The potential for the case to disrupt Pakistan's delicate civilian-military balance means it will be keenly watched by the US and NATO as they wind down their mission in neighbouring Afghanistan.

http://www.nation.com.pk/islamabad/...-rushed-to-hospital-with-heart-problem-police

1-2-2014_20162_1.gif

He may be shifted to other country any time on medical grounds for treatment.

Gol Maal Hai Bhai Sab Gol Maal hai :zardari

Last edited:
Option being considered to send Musharraf abroad for treatment

RAWALPINDI: An option is under consideration to send General (retd) Pervez Musharraf abroad for medical treatment as the former military ruler suffered from “heart problem” when he was on his way to appear before the court today (Thursday), sources said.

According to the sources, the decision whether to send Musharraf abroad or to treat him in the country would be taken after the release of his medical report.

The sources further said that wife of Musharraf, Begum Sehba Musharraf has reached Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC), where his husband is currently under treatment.

The daughter of Musharraf has also been called from Karachi to Islamabad.

Musharraf fell sick on Wednesday evening after which a team of doctors examined him, the sources added.

http://www.samaa.tv/mharraf dere airahy may e hifed arad fr reame-75533-1.html

Absolute b.s, this thing was å disgrace in power and now this,
I say he face his trial and hang him once convicted of his killings of inno cents

Commandi sh1t himself on route then.... So much for bravado when in office.

This is Pakistan. 16 crore chore Awam is on one side and honest guy is on the other side.

KARACHI: Bilawal Bhutto, chairman of the Pakistan Peoples Party, on Thursday demanded constitution of an independent medical board to verify whether former president Pervez Musharraf is suffering from heart ailment or not.

In his message on social media, Bilawal said: “All medical excuses must be verified by an independent board of doctors.”

“I can't believe this coward ever wore the uniform of our brave and courageous armed forces,” he said in his twitter message.

In my entire life I never saw Bhutto family living in Pakistan if they were not in power.

Your not related to him by any chance

I am only related to my motherland called Pakistan.

And I actually live in Pakistan.

Pakistanis shiit where they eat but I guess that is not being called a traitor to their motherland.

Every single day we sell our motherland but yes it is easy to pinpoint our fingers at Pervaiz Musharraf.

To me a less evil dictator 100 times better than crook politicians/Awam who sell Pakistan every single day

Last edited:
What treason???
He was 100 times better than Zardari and Nawaz.These two clowns should be tried for treason.

What treason???
He was 100 times better than Zardari and Nawaz.These two clowns should be tried for treason.

Made some blunders but i never doubted his intention, he was more patriotic and competent than Zardari or Sharif.

Should leave and let the country deal with much bigger issues.

Pakistanis shiit where they eat but I guess that is not being called a traitor to their motherland.

Every single day we sell our motherland but yes it is easy to pinpoint our fingers at Pervaiz Musharraf.

To me a less evil dictator 100 times better than crook politicians/Awam who sell Pakistan every single day

He wasn't enough of a dictator at the end of the day. It needs a genuine Ataturk style hard man in a country like Pakistan if you want to do dictatorship properly, Mushy couldn't make his mind up and wasn't this or that at the end of the day. Good intentions but not enough conviction to follow it through when it mattered.

This is Pakistan. 16 crore chore Awam is on one side and honest guy is on the other side.

thank god u didnt called him the khalifah ..

no mercy for the low life drama queen ...because of his bad policies Pakistan is still suffering

I hope he dies in hospital or he is hanged soon

breaks my heart when I see young disabled children because of drone attacks which he gave green light to "amreeka"

may his last words be " god bless amreeka"

no mercy for the low life drama queen ...because of his bad policies Pakistan is still suffering

breaks my heart when I see young disabled children because of drone attacks which he gave green light to "amreeka"

Heartless people! I would never wish death upon anybody. If is hanged then everybody else should be too from ZUQ era to this Government or else it will be all about personal agendas not justice.

Did you want him to go on war with amreeka?

Bush would have made keema of Pakistan just by blocking financial aid.

Did you want him to go on war with amreeka?

Bush would have made keema of Pakistan just by blocking financial aid.

Who said he should have went on War, he had no reason to anyway. As for blocking financial yeah it would have been much better. Hopefully Obama will do it in sometime.

Last edited:
Those people/politicians who are saying that why did he help the US,I can bet 100% that every single politician/leader in the country would have done the same under the circumstances.

He should face the charges....he has a lot to answer for.
It was ghastly how he celebrated the May 12 massacre in Karachi saying we will crush any opposition.

And all those who say he did "so much for Pakistan" please tell me how many MW of electricity he added to the grid, what did he do on the Balochistan issue, why in his book he sold Pakistani people to America for millions of dollars...this guy did not have a clue. He got so many soldiers martyred in Kargil and was he ever held to account. With such a massive mandate, the guy was blinded with power, which he abused and used. All of his ex-supporters (from Shaukat Aziz to that idiot Urologist of PCB Chairman) deserted him.

People of Pakistan want democracy and not "strong" individuals like Mush

Last edited:
He should face the charges....he has a lot to answer for.
It was ghastly how he celebrated the May 12 massacre in Karachi saying we will crush any opposition.

And all those who say he did "so much for Pakistan" please tell me how many MW of electricity he added to the grid, what did he do on the Balochistan issue, why in his book he sold Pakistani people to America for millions of dollars...this guy did not have a clue. He got so many soldiers martyred in Kargil and was he ever held to account. With such a massive mandate, the guy was blinded with power, which he abused and used. All of his ex-supporters (from Shaukat Aziz to that idiot Urologist of PCB Chairman) deserted him.

People of Pakistan want democracy and not "strong" individuals like Mush

a brilliant post, its truly disturbing how deluded some of the posters here are and making him out to be some sort of savior.

even his 'economic boom' was built on quicksand, which came to the fore in the global economic collapse of 2007-8.

Made some blunders but i never doubted his intention, he was more patriotic and competent than Zardari or Sharif.

Should leave and let the country deal with much bigger issues.

simple question. Did he or did he not sell the country to fill his pockets?

Yes yes I know many others have done it, zardari and nawaz are 10 times worse but the question still remains the same, did he or did he not sell his country for a quick buck (or millions for that matter)?

The sad thing is the answer is a resounding YES. So now he must be put on trial and punished. Surely there are thousands and thousands of others who should be put on trial also but can we please stop this "oh look at that guy he is worse than me why don't you go get him first" <<< This attitude is bullcrap and the one of the main reason we are in dumps right now.

Forget the money this pathetic jerk of a greedy person filled his pockets with, the biggest mistake he did to set Pakistan back decades is to let criminals like Benazir and Nawaz back into the country and into politics.

Sorry, still better then Nawaz and Zardari any day !

Agreed a thousand times better than these 2 crooks and their coterie of hangers on. To this day their has and never will be an honest member of either party. Each rep from these 2 is out to make a killing. Mush should have been a proper dictator-beat the hell out of these crooks and get the money back instead he aligned himself with crooked Q league and his integrity was gone. He made mistakes but doesn`t deserve this.

With or without Mush, we are a begger state. We have a population that is too large to support with our resources and intellect, relative to the living standards we want. Ultimately the begging will get us nowhere as we are seen as troubling making losers.

Agreed a thousand times better than these 2 crooks and their coterie of hangers on. To this day their has and never will be an honest member of either party. Each rep from these 2 is out to make a killing. Mush should have been a proper dictator-beat the hell out of these crooks and get the money back instead he aligned himself with crooked Q league and his integrity was gone. He made mistakes but doesn`t deserve this.

Good post.Should never have allowed these clowns back in politics.

How did he sell the country by allowing in drones? There has been more drones after his rule was over http://apps.washingtonpost.com/foreign/drones/.

again blame the other person...blame your neighbor...never look at yourself or never pay for your mistakes...just blame the other person

pathetic shameless attitude....

this guy is a disgrace to the army and the what they stand for...

and again there are others worse than him who are living a life of a king and will probably never get prosecuted but hey guess what this genius of a person made a deal with them to let them ruin Pakistan even more

But IMO he (and other dictators) caused more damage to Pakistan than corrupt politicians ever could. This is why in Pakistan Nawaz and Zardari get elected again and again, because generals like him break the constitution again and again

If Musharaf had not taken over, Imran would have been a veteran politician by now and may have even come to power. Pakistan lost so many years of democracy because of these dictators and hence no new leader could take over

Take this scenario. There is a new player in cricket who might have captaincy potential. The current captain is useless but experienced. But then the country stops playing cricket for 10 years. Then the team again starts playing so the captaincy is again given to senior player because people think he is experienced. Of course, the new guy did not have any chance to gain experience. Then again the country stops playing.

This is why corrupt politicians keep on getting elected. Because of dictators like Musharaf. Otherwise you would already have 10 upcoming politicians like Imran in Pakistan today. A dictators rule might seem very good in short term, because he has nothing to lose and can spend all money for short term developments. But it completely destroys a country in the long term. A dictators rule is always followed by the most corrupt government, be it democracy or communism. It takes years of uninterrupted democracy for a country to flourish and improve. As soon as a dictator comes, you have couple of years of good followed by 2 decades of bad. Rinse and repeat

Last edited:
again blame the other person...blame your neighbor...never look at yourself or never pay for your mistakes...just blame the other person

pathetic shameless attitude....

this guy is a disgrace to the army and the what they stand for...

and again there are others worse than him who are living a life of a king and will probably never get prosecuted but hey guess what this genius of a person made a deal with them to let them ruin Pakistan even more

No not blame, if he is being persecuted then why are others not being persecuted?

if he is sick. wish him best of luck and get well soon!

but on the other hand, i was telling everyone he will escape. He is man of pakistan army. Army will protect him. nothing will happened to him. if he is proven guilty its army who's name will destroy. So army would not do that.

But IMO he (and other dictators) caused more damage to Pakistan than corrupt politicians ever could. This is why in Pakistan Nawaz and Zardari get elected again and again, because generals like him break the constitution again and again

If Musharaf had not taken over, Imran would have been a veteran politician by now and may have even come to power. Pakistan lost so many years of democracy because of these dictators and hence no new leader could take over

Take this scenario. There is a new player in cricket who might have captaincy potential. The current captain is useless but experienced. But then the country stops playing cricket for 10 years. Then the team again starts playing so the captaincy is again given to senior player because people think he is experienced. Of course, the new guy did not have any chance to gain experience. Then again the country stops playing.

This is why corrupt politicians keep on getting elected. Because of dictators like Musharaf. Otherwise you would already have 10 upcoming politicians like Imran in Pakistan today. A dictators rule might seem very good in short term, because he has nothing to lose and can spend all money for short term developments. But it completely destroys a country in the long term. A dictators rule is always followed by the most corrupt government, be it democracy or communism. It takes years of uninterrupted democracy for a country to flourish and improve. As soon as a dictator comes, you have couple of years of good followed by 2 decades of bad. Rinse and repeat

Good post. Dictators can be successful if they are single minded and sincere, like I already mentioned Ataturk. But if they are not then there is every chance that they will be used by others with no answerability to the public. Zardari and Nawaz might be crooks but at least they know in 5 years they'll be held accountable by their citizens when the elections come round.

This guy took corruption to another level inpakistan, one that it seems impossible to reverse

Good post. Dictators can be successful if they are single minded and sincere, like I already mentioned Ataturk. But if they are not then there is every chance that they will be used by others with no answerability to the public. Zardari and Nawaz might be crooks but at least they know in 5 years they'll be held accountable by their citizens when the elections come round.

In real democracies that's true but in Pakistan that will never happen: political expediency always takes precedence. Mian Sahib and Zardari are never really going to send each other to prison. After all the huffing and puffing-which major political figure has ever gone to prison through proper legal channels? None. If someone doesn`t play ball then NAB will be used to blackmail them into submission , meaning friendly opposition. Pakistan needed Mushy to be a brutal dictator but he never had the heart. Who has robbed Pakistan-Mushy or the 2 crooks? Who is on trial?

Not really, if there was any accountability in Pakistan we wouldn't have a fraud corrupt insaan sitting as PM for the THIRD time. After the elections they'll run away to Dubai or UK regardless of how much corruption they have done. Accountability would be them being on trial for the mass looting and theft they've done but when they've looted so much and end up chilling overseas by dodging the justice system then that's not accountability. And sadly they know that hence the open baysharmi now when it comes to corruption in Pakistan.

To be honest I enjoyed the taste of REAL democracy under Musharraf tenure. Before him there was only PTV News which 24/7 reported only things what Govt allowed them to do. It was Musharraf who not only allowed the Electronics media to grow but had guts to face the criticism. It was the best time of my life in Pakistan and everything was going right, the economy and development etc. I felt sorry when he was forced to resign.

As said by some posters, still better than Nawaz and Zardari. The guy who cared for Pakistan is facing "Treason charges" what a shame. He wasn't even allowed to contest general elections by these thugs by saying he is not a "Sadiq aur Ameen" but Nawaz & Zardari are angels and right to rule.

Those who are not LIVING in Pakistan will never understand what a common man needs.

Musharraf brought those two back into the country !

People keep pointing out economic successes - its easy to get growth when you are sitting on billions of dollars of US aid. Plus the 'economic successes' under Mush has been grossly exaggerated.

http://teeth.com.pk/blog/2007/12/05/musharraf’s-economic-deception-part-1

During the Musharraf period, the rate of investment has increased by a third, from 17.2% of GDP in 2001-02 to 23% in 2006-07. However domestic savings have declined from 17.8% to 16.1% of GDP in the same period. This means that the economy is even more dependent on foreign flows than was the case in the 1990s.

The Pakistan Economic Survey 2006-07 acknowledges that the gap between the rich and the poor in the country widened in the period 2001 and 2005 (when the two surveys that have provided the data were held).

The thrust towards privatisation of facilities in the social sectors, especially education and health, has made these services more costly and less affordable for the common man. People are now compelled to spend more on most basic necessities. The government’s own figures say that the poor are now spending 14.6% more (as compared to 2001) on health.

The reality is Musharraf's era was better in every way than any period since Zia. People of Pakistan know that. Ultimately the tall talks of democracy are useless unless democracy delivers for the people. Common man cares more about food, shelter, jobs and security than the freedom to choose their own representatives.

Musharraf suffers 'heart problem' on way to treason hearing

Is qoum main dictator hi chalta hay for bit longer time

People keep pointing out economic successes - its easy to get growth when you are sitting on billions of dollars of US aid. Plus the 'economic successes' under Mush has been grossly exaggerated.

We were on the verge of economic collapse when the democratic govt. of Nawaz left us in 1999. Foreign aid helped but ultimately he got the right people in the right places to do what's good for the country. He made Shaukat Aziz Finance minister and PM and not his daughters father in law or old time school friend or political lackey. He opened up the media, privatized dysfunctional public institutes and brought the mobile market to even the poorest of residents. He also championed local body govt., the real essence of democracy, something which the big parties in power shied from. There is a reason why even now you hear live calls on any talk show in Pakistan and hear 90% in favor of Musharraf and singing praises of his period.

And he didnt brought Zardari back, he was in jail in Pakistan. BB was self exiled so he could never have stopped her. Nawaz went with agreement of Saudis and when Saudi King insisted he be allowed to go back, he had to relent. Obviously the money and oil we get from them, it's foolish for any person in power to make them angry. He should have put them both in jail and ruled forever but the growing middle class he helped create were longing for "democracy" and his other creation "media" was also spreading their wings and going crazy with their new found power.

Ultimately, he was a better leader than any of the clowns we have today.

Last edited:
Re: Musharraf suffers 'heart problem' on way to treason hearing

Hopefully leaves the country. He is better than Zardari and Sharif.

To be honest I enjoyed the taste of REAL democracy under Musharraf tenure. Before him there was only PTV News which 24/7 reported only things what Govt allowed them to do. It was Musharraf who not only allowed the Electronics media to grow but had guts to face the criticism. It was the best time of my life in Pakistan and everything was going right, the economy and development etc. I felt sorry when he was forced to resign.

As said by some posters, still better than Nawaz and Zardari. The guy who cared for Pakistan is facing "Treason charges" what a shame. He wasn't even allowed to contest general elections by these thugs by saying he is not a "Sadiq aur Ameen" but Nawaz & Zardari are angels and right to rule.

Those who are not LIVING in Pakistan will never understand what a common man needs.

Totally agree.

Mushy was not perfect, made many mistakes. But other than Imran Khan he was the best Pakistan could hope for.

Democracy sorry to say he doesn't work when corruption is riddled everywhere in a country.

The day will come when another military coup will happen when the country is pushed to tipping point.

He made a big mistake coming though. He should have realised there were many vultures waiting to strike.

Look who is back, our very own twitter warrior:

I can't believe this coward ever wore the uniform of our brave and courageous armed forces. #disgrace
— BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) January 2, 2014
All medical excuses must be verified by an independent board of doctors. I have an ouchy is no excuses to skip your treason case.

Calling him coward as well, yes the guy who never spends more than a few days in Pakistan due to fear is calling everyone coward. Even when he is in Pakistan, lives behind a dozen walls. He is also forgetting that his dad missed 100s of hearings due to fake health issues.
Funny thing is MQM supporters were so happy with him for taking cheap shots at Imran Khan but they all got upset when same thing was said about Musharaff. Bilawal then tweeted:

Uncle Altaf being mislead. MQM had come a long way 2 remove stain of dictatorshipover last 5yrs. Now undermined by anti-Altaf pplw/in MQM. — BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) January 2, 2014

As someone tweeted, Bilawal is fast becoming Veena Malik of politics.

What a pathetic coward.... How on earth he got through to the ranks of a general?...

simple question. Did he or did he not sell the country to fill his pockets?

Yes yes I know many others have done it, zardari and nawaz are 10 times worse but the question still remains the same, did he or did he not sell his country for a quick buck (or millions for that matter)?

The sad thing is the answer is a resounding YES. So now he must be put on trial and punished. Surely there are thousands and thousands of others who should be put on trial also but can we please stop this "oh look at that guy he is worse than me why don't you go get him first" <<< This attitude is bullcrap and the one of the main reason we are in dumps right now.

Forget the money this pathetic jerk of a greedy person filled his pockets with, the biggest mistake he did to set Pakistan back decades is to let criminals like Benazir and Nawaz back into the country and into politics.

He didn't sell the country to fill his own pockets, he might have take wrong steps but there is absolutely no proof that he sold anyone/anything for PERSONAL gains.

As i said, there are few blunders he made and suffered the consequences. Difference between him and others is that he at least tried to make things better for Pakistan. He tried to put right people in right places, people like Shaukat Aziz, Ata ur Rehman etc were given chances and whatever the end result but we didn't see incompetent people like Gilani, Raja rental, Rehman Malik, Raisani etc or appointments of family members/relatives on key positions.

I have to agree with Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on this and that says a lot :facepalm:

Look who is back, our very own twitter warrior:

I can't believe this coward ever wore the uniform of our brave and courageous armed forces. #disgrace
All medical excuses must be verified by an independent board of doctors. I have an ouchy is no excuses to skip your treason case.

Calling him coward as well, yes the guy who never spends more than a few days in Pakistan due to fear is calling everyone coward. Even when he is in Pakistan, lives behind a dozen walls. He is also forgetting that his dad missed 100s of hearings due to fake health issues.
Funny thing is MQM supporters were so happy with him for taking cheap shots at Imran Khan but they all got upset when same thing was said about Musharaff. Bilawal then tweeted:

Uncle Altaf being mislead. MQM had come a long way 2 remove stain of dictatorshipover last 5yrs. Now undermined by anti-Altaf pplw/in MQM. — BilawalBhuttoZardari (@BBhuttoZardari) January 2, 2014

As someone tweeted, Bilawal is fast becoming Veena Malik of politics.

Its easy taking cheap shots at someone on twitter. Mushy had two assassination attempts made at him during his rule and currently has genuine threats against his life and he still dared to come back and face the music unlike his coward dad who runs away to Dubai at any sign of trouble and who didn't even dare come for Taseer's funeral despite having the best security in the country. BB was brave but baby Bilawal should first prove himself to be more like her than his Dad before coming up with such ridiculous comments.

Musharraf has taken some inspiration from Munna Bhai MBBS Babu ji aa gaye wala scene :)) Dil pakar ke heart attack karo :yk

THIS .

The mullahs and mullah supporters got angry when he went after Lal Masjid maulvis . Imran and Sharif both being pro Mullahs supported the cause of an independent judiciary .

Bhai aap cha gaye :bow:

THIS .

The mullahs and mullah supporters got angry when he went after Lal Masjid maulvis . Imran and Sharif both being pro Mullahs supported the cause of an independent judiciary .

Bilawal and Asif Ali Zardari are Pro Mullahs too :facepalm:

Well written post I agree with you. I honestly get the feeling people like Nawaz and Zardari don't give a rats ass about Pakistan. At least Mush was patriotic !

Musharraf suffers 'heart problem' on way to treason hearing

Musharraf should grow a beard, covert to deobandi mazhab, kill a few shias and pak army soldiers...kisi k baap ki himaat nahi k ise koi saza de.

Case in point Malik Ishaq, the Cross dresser mullah and each of the ttp scum ever caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
People are forgetting that it was Mushy who liberated the media,in Nawaz's era,there was only PTV which showed that everythig was fine every single day.Mushy increased foreign reserves from $3 billion(IIRC) to $ 17 Billion ,a record in Pakistan's history.

I admit he did make some mistakes but he was a sincere person.

Three of his arteries are blocked and he'll need surgery. Hopefully he'll make a quick recovery be it in London or dubai

The reality is Musharraf's era was better in every way than any period since Zia. People of Pakistan know that. Ultimately the tall talks of democracy are useless unless democracy delivers for the people. Common man cares more about food, shelter, jobs and security than the freedom to choose their own representatives.

That's the whole point of democracy though. You have to go through the crap for a few decades and eventually the crap is filtered out through trial and error. If it isn't at least that's down to the people themselves and you can't shift the blame elsewhere. There's a good saying which holds a lot of truth to it: you get the leaders you deserve. Very apt for Pakistan.

Markhor you are reaching out to the deaf and dumb, countless times people have exposed Mushy's 'economic miracle' but people will continue to believe what they want.

How is that taste of democracy when you had no say in the decision and no vote was taken? That is like your big brother earning and feeding your family and you taking credit for it

For democracy to flourish you have to bear Nawaz and Zardari till the people grow mature enough to vote them out. That is the only way. It will take generations but will happen

Yes, you will enjoy the tenure under Mushraff because who wouldn't enjoy if someone else does all the hard work and does everything for you? Then you do not have the responsibility of anything, a dictator, the army, a big brother will take all decisions and care for you. But nations, like teenagers need to grow up one day. They need to take the destiny in their own hands no matter how many errors they make. If you let big brother pick you every time you fall, you will never learn to walk but always crawl. Then one day, he will not be around to pick you up. It is better you prevent him from picking you up and try to walk on your own no matter how long it takes. Enjoying the fruits of a dictatorship is your inability to stand up and control your own destiny.

Dictatorship gives short dividends. Democracy takes generations. When did you have years of uninterrupted democracy? This was the first time a democratic government completed it's term and look at what happened? A party like PTI got so many seats. Imagine in 2-3 such terms, PTI might have been in complete power. if you had got uninterrupted democracy, who knows, you might have had the next Jinnah.

It's up to you whether you want short-term non-sustainable gains or are ready to undergo a bit of hardship for long term changes

People are forgetting that it was Mushy who liberated the media,in Nawaz's era,there was only PTV which showed that everythig was fine every single day.Mushy increased foreign reserves from $3 billion(IIRC) to $ 17 Billion ,a record in Pakistan's history.

I admit he did make some mistakes but he was a sincere person.

Some of the most damaging things in the world are done with good intentions. When a mom runs to pick up her child she doesn't realize that he will learn walking better when he tries to pick himself up. Army, generals, chief justice, etc are big brothers. But it is time the common Pakistani public realized that the fate of their nation is always in their own hands. They should not be afraid to make mistakes. And they definitely should not wait for big brother to help them every time. Because one day, when big brother leaves them, they will find that they never learnt to walk on their own and there is no one to pick them up. And the corrupt politicians like vultures, will then eat them up because they never learnt to fight them off

Throughout history people have even given up their lives to just have the freedom to vote and chose. Even Pakistan was created because it was believed Muslim votes and freedom will be compromised. Yet here you are, so willing to hand that same freedom over to a dictator just for a few short term benefits.

Last edited:
Markhor you are reaching out to the deaf and dumb, countless times people have exposed Mushy's 'economic miracle' but people will continue to believe what they want.

How much did the PPP receive from the US as aid and what did they do with it? Mian Sahib will also receive the aid and guess which countries banks it will end up in.

Dictatorship gives short dividends. Democracy takes generations. When did you have years of uninterrupted democracy? This was the first time a democratic government completed it's term and look at what happened? A party like PTI got so many seats. Imagine in 2-3 such terms, PTI might have been in complete power. if you had got uninterrupted democracy, who knows, you might have had the next Jinnah.

It's up to you whether you want short-term non-sustainable gains or are ready to undergo a bit of hardship for long term changes

Agree but the problem is our state suffers to the point of implosion or total bankruptcy under democracies and it's hard to predict how many more divisions we would have had or what state we would have been today if army had not intervened when they did, esp. in case of Musharraf.

If he was sick then get well soon.

If not, then still fair play by him, if the courts are corrupted and not willing to give him a fair trial and are bent on getting revenge, then he did the right thing.

as for the deluded people who talk about dictatorship and democracy, how is this democracy where ganja is controlling the whole judical system. Zadari/Ganja/Bibi have been much bigger dictators then all military men in our history.

^^^ controlling the judicial system yet is struggling to get Musharraf tried for treason, and struggling to remove the NADRA and PEMRA chiefs?

logic doesn't seem to be your strong point.

Re: Musharraf suffers 'heart problem' on way to treason hearing

How is that taste of democracy when you had no say in the decision and no vote was taken? That is like your big brother earning and feeding your family and you taking credit for it

For democracy to flourish you have to bear Nawaz and Zardari till the people grow mature enough to vote them out. That is the only way. It will take generations but will happen

Yes, you will enjoy the tenure under Mushraff because who wouldn't enjoy if someone else does all the hard work and does everything for you? Then you do not have the responsibility of anything, a dictator, the army, a big brother will take all decisions and care for you. But nations, like teenagers need to grow up one day. They need to take the destiny in their own hands no matter how many errors they make. If you let big brother pick you every time you fall, you will never learn to walk but always crawl. Then one day, he will not be around to pick you up. It is better you prevent him from picking you up and try to walk on your own no matter how long it takes. Enjoying the fruits of a dictatorship is your inability to stand up and control your own destiny.

Some of the most damaging things in the world are done with good intentions. When a mom runs to pick up her child she doesn't realize that he will learn walking better when he tries to pick himself up. Army, generals, chief justice, etc are big brothers. But it is time the common Pakistani public realized that the fate of their nation is always in their own hands. They should not be afraid to make mistakes. And they definitely should not wait for big brother to help them every time. Because one day, when big brother leaves them, they will find that they never learnt to walk on their own and there is no one to pick them up. And the corrupt politicians like vultures, will then eat them up because they never learnt to fight them off

Throughout history people have even given up their lives to just have the freedom to vote and chose. Even Pakistan was created because it was believed Muslim votes and freedom will be compromised. Yet here you are, so willing to hand that same freedom over to a dictator just for a few short term benefits.

I think when most people say they liked Musharraf‘s rule , they meant the freedom he gave to people . you will not hear people say they enjoyed Zia‚s tenure , because he was so conservative and strict .

Nawaz Sharif‘s previous term was a lot similar to Zia‘s . according to rumours , NS was going to implement Shariat and announce himself as the Khalifa giving more power to Saudi Arabia so they can interfere in our internal matters in the name of Islam .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Those calling this a democracy need to think about it carefully. They're only in power because of rigging and are treating it as a family business. Musharraf was more democratic

^^then you need to look up the meaning of the word 'democratic'.

^^then you need to look up the meaning of the word 'democratic'.

I do know that democracy doesn't mean to steal the people's mandate. Musharraf had to remove this fool before and let's hope nawaz has learn from his mistakes. But going by their tenure so far that's not the case

Back