My latest SS TON Limited Edtion

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
Weight: 2lbs,9ozs
Edge thickness: 36mm
Grains: 10 grains

Bought from:
Ajit (onlinestockist.com). Excellent service, 10/10 for prompt delivery and efficient communications as always! The bat was delivered from India in 5 days..

Ping:
I tested the ping with mallet as I didn't get a chance to play with them but to be honest the sound from the middle of this bat is very sweet. The previous two SS I had very good in terms of ping but they were no where like this, this bat has much more sweeter sound and it pings exceptionally well. The best ping among my bats is of Matrixx LE from which I scored my first century his season but this one is not too far from it. The GMs I have are good too but they are not as good as this. I'm extremely impressed with this one.

Size:
Pretty huge edges and spine! very little concaving. Big profile for 2.9lb and the bat has a extreme bow.

I'll put up a better review and pictures up soon. These are taken just now at night, they dont do justice to how good the bat is in real.

17112011050.jpg

17112011049.jpg

17112011047.jpg

17112011045.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good mate; did you take it out of the wrapper when you tested it with the mallet? SS LEs are some of the best value bats out there.

Nice, this one looks quite good indeed. I would say better than those two, but in terms of size I remember one of the previous one was bigger but size isn't everything.

How are SS handles? Round?

Is it me but profile looks a bit like MB Malik LE and BlackCat Shadow :S

Looks good mate; did you take it out of the wrapper when you tested it with the mallet? SS LEs are some of the best value bats out there.

Nah bro, its still in the wrapper. I'll remove it tomorrow and take some more pictures. The finishing on the bat is immaculate, its like it was machine shaped its perfect similar to how GM bats are finished/made.

Last edited:
Nice, this one looks quite good indeed. I would say better than those two, but in terms of size I remember one of the previous one was bigger but size isn't everything.

How are SS handles? Round?

Is it me but profile looks a bit like MB Malik LE and BlackCat Shadow :S

Previous one had more concaving so they seemed bigger this has little concaving but still has over 35mm edges.
SS handle are typical Indian round flat shape.
BlackCat shadow profile is copied of those plain cheap kashmir willow bats on ebay.

I don't think any of SS handles are oval; even the high end Gladiator has round handles.

Round handles are standard handles on Asian bats so in order to get oval then you need contacts or contact factory directly, its not that factories don't have it they certainly do and they make it too!

Round handles are standard handles on Asian bats so in order to get oval then you need contacts or contact factory directly, its not that factories don't have it they certainly do and they make it too!

Sure bro; but like you said, I think all SS bats come with round handles as standard but you can custom order yours definitely.

Can't knock the SS LE for looks, some proper beauts for what you can pay for these things.

nice bat really nice shape and light weight can't wait for full review

Looks amazing Majid, do I see a hint on heartwood there?

Can you speak to how good these bats are compared to the Gladiator? Last season we played one batsmen with a Gladiator that just tore our bowlers to shreds, hardly any effort in his shots, but I was curious if its the bat or he plays like that. The Gladiator looked mighty, nice grains, big edges, I asked him how it played but he brushed the question.

What does that handle look like from the top?

what i have seen so far Gladiator bats are better than SS LE hence the price difference. Willow quality is slightly better.
I have been told that new SS KP bats will have even better willow than Gladiators. Agent in UK told me that these will be arriving very soon in UK.

Regards

Asad

Looks amazing Majid, do I see a hint on heartwood there?

Can you speak to how good these bats are compared to the Gladiator? Last season we played one batsmen with a Gladiator that just tore our bowlers to shreds, hardly any effort in his shots, but I was curious if its the bat or he plays like that. The Gladiator looked mighty, nice grains, big edges, I asked him how it played but he brushed the question.

What does that handle look like from the top?

Yes it has a tiny hint of heartwood. No there is no difference in quality both look exactly same and play the same hardly any difference. I have never had SS Gladiator but I have played with SS platinum reserve which is exactly same as Gladitator. SS bats do play very well, I sometimes try to stop or push the ball into a gap for a single and they race away to boundary without any force into the shot.
If you ask any retailers about the quality of SS LE and SS Gladiator, most good honest retailers will admit quality of both bats is same but there will be few that want you spend more money...........

Agreed, the few Gladiator's I've seen in person aren't any better looking than this LE at the very least.

Nahin yaar, that is a matching toe guard. Ajit puts them on free on any English or Kashmir willow bats he sells and knocking in is done free but I didnt get it knocked bcoz I know these dont need any knocking in at all and they play better without any knocking.

Last edited:
KnightRider sir can we see all of your collection pads, gloves etce tc

Thank you very much

None at all. These play better without any knocking in. SS TON LE are pre knocked fully ready to play, perform from ball one and pressed to absolute perfection. Not many bats can match SS ping/rebound.

Majid Bhai seeing that the weight is very similar to your GM epic when you compare these 2 bats which bat do you like and why, which bat picks up better?

Have you used it Mr. Knightrider?

Also as I requested some days back can you post pocture of your whole kit you have got please?

Majid Bhai seeing that the weight is very similar to your GM epic when you compare these 2 bats which bat do you like and why, which bat picks up better?

Both are good bats and very difficult to say which is better. GM has a much lighter pick up and better balance and SS is typical Asian bat with more weight in the bottom of the bat. I like the GM more bcoz it balances and picks up so well but If I was pick a bat on just performance/ping only then I would choose SS over GM.

Last edited:
Have you used it Mr. Knightrider?

Also as I requested some days back can you post pocture of your whole kit you have got please?

sorry cant do it, would take hours to get everything together and its difficult to take picture of everything. Search in my topics you will find lots pictures of everything gloves, bats thighpads etc.

I've just seen some of the new SS Heritage Ton bats which are amazing for their price. Easily as good as some bats twice the price. The new KP also looks very good indeed. I was expecting them to be OK but not this good!

Indeed, KP looks brilliant!

I take its around 2.10 mark?

Thanks for the pictures mate, I appreciate it.

SS goes overboard with their stickerings; has anyone seen the SS Player Edition? It should be renamed the SS Sticker Edition. SG has trimmed its stickers lately.

Those SS KP look mighty.

Can you possibly give us the sizing of the edges for both the KP and the Heritage?

Brilliant picture mate, I was very tempted to ask for it but I thought I'd be very demanding hence didn't ask :)).

I have always found SS bats to have more or less same shapes..:S

KP looks a bigger version of Matrix and Heritage in my view..

Brilliant picture mate, I was very tempted to ask for it but I thought I'd be very demanding hence didn't ask :)).

I have always found SS bats to have more or less same shapes..:S

KP looks a bigger version of Matrix and Heritage in my view..
The Matrix has lower middle compared to their other models

I dont think it does, I would say it has touch higher then other SS bats. I have used a couple of them and they are very well balanced, always have concaving n same consistent shape. Other bats shapes vary slightly, some have convaving and some dont and middle position varies slightly.

MYSSTONMATRIX.jpg

Here is a picture of my SS matrix bought of Ajit couple of years ago and compare this with Mapperley Sports SS matrix and they are exactly same shape.

Last edited:
the ones i have seen or have them have lower middle, will try to put their side profile photo when i get time

regards

Asad

Back