National T20 Cup | Day 12 | 22 Nov, 2017 | Karachi W v FATA, Lahore B v Islamabad | Match Thread

giri26

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Karachi W v FATA (12:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 18:00 AEDT | 17:30 ACDT | 15:00 AWST)

Karachi W Squad: Abrar Ahmed, Akbar-ur-Rehman, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Azam Hussain, Danish Aziz, Haris Sohail, Jaahid Ali, Khurram Manzoor, Mir Hamza, Rumman Raees, Sarfraz Ahmed (c) †, Shahid Yousuf, Tabish Khan, Zulfiqar Babar

FATA Squad: Ahmed Jamal, Asif Afridi, Awais Zia, Bilawal Bhatti, Hammad Azam (c), Irfan Rasheed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Naeem, Mukhtar Ahmed, Nabi Gul, Naved Malik, Rehan Afridi †, Sameen Gul, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar, Usama Mir

Lahore B v Islamabad (Day/Night 16:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 22:00 AEDT | 21:30 ACDT | 19:00 AWST)

Lahore B Squad: Abid Ali, Adnan Akmal †, Agha Salman, Ahmed Shehzad, Aizaz Cheema, Atif Jabbar, Babar Azam, Ghulam Mudassar, Hussain Talat, Imam-ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Khalid Usman, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez (c), Saad Nasim, Tayyab Tahir

Islamabad Squad: Adil Amin, Ali Sarfraz, Arsal Sheikh, Faizan Riaz, Hasan Ali, Irfan Bhatti, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Naqash †, Nauman Anwar, Rahat Ali, Raza Hasan, Saad Ali, Sarmad Bhatti, Shan Masood, Shehzad Azam, Umar Gul, Zohaib Ahmed (c)

Where the Haris Sohail fans at? He's gone missing in a tournament where the average 1st innings score is 169 (highest in Pak domestic history).

Overrated limited overs player.

Where the Haris Sohail fans at? He's gone missing in a tournament where the average 1st innings score is 169 (highest in Pak domestic history).

Jani on potential he is the best among the lot, plus cow corner wali bemari nahe hay issay toh I say he's a valuable player who will make his mark eventually. Also this is a T20 tournament yar, you can't judge a player on a T20 tourney tbh.

Shukar ada kar Akmal ya phir Shezzy jaisa nahe hay :)) :))

Jani on potential he is the best among the lot, plus cow corner wali bemari nahe hay issay toh I say he's a valuable player who will make his mark eventually. Also this is a T20 tournament yar, you can't judge a player on a T20 tourney tbh.

Shukar ada kar Akmal ya phir Shezzy jaisa nahe hay :)) :))

Jani he's definitely a good player, no doubt! But I find it amusing how some people hype him and Babar to the moon as T20 players. When it comes to ODIs and Tests, he is one of the best we have.

Hahahahaha thankfully Akmal has flopped big time in this tourney! Our current team is extremely united and it's best for these Akmals, Butts, and Shezzys to stay as far away as possible from the national setup.

Karachi Whites win the toss and elect to field in their game against FATA at Rawalpindi;

Seems like Rashid Latifa has screwed over Karachi Kings by picking Tabish Khan aka Bilawal Bhatti 2.0

Incredible by Mukhtar - 47 his score - team = FATA R 59/1 in 6.0 overs

Why can't PCB make ( 2 teams Under 19 and Under 22) and let them compete with these teams. Brainless from PCB

Get mukhtar in psl. He's good replacement for sharjeel. Him and fakhar can be a top combo

Tabish Khan is so trash and braindead. Will singlehandedly lose Karachi Kings matches in the PSL.

Pathetic captaincy from Sarfraz as well. Azam Hussain going at 6.67 RPO won't end up completing his quota.

Tabish Went for 66 runs in 4 overs and he is going to play in QG team :(

WOW what an Inning from Sohail. He is A Powerfull Hitter

39 in Just 13 balls From Sohail Akhtar, , Good Pick from Lahore Qalanders .

That Short HAnd jab went For a Big six, and the a Flat six was Joy to Watch

Why Sarfraz like older and useless experience players like Misbah?

Why was Mukhtar dropped from Intl team? Completely forgot about him.

I have mentioned in the other threads how Mukhtar's looks to have improved his game.

He has made a few starts this tournament, happy to see him and score a century!

Ahmed Jamal is a useless bowler.

You were saying??

thanks for the jinx

Haris wishes you had said it earlier in the tournament. :))

How does Usama Mir not find a place in FATA's XI?

Ahmed Jamal is hopeless.

Haris wishes you had said it earlier in the tournament. :))

would have made the chase interesting had he bat at 3.... He was a no.3 but looks like Sarfraz wants him to adapt at no.4 or 5. As no.3 is for babar in LOIs already...

Ahmed Jamal is hopeless.

same like pindi plays adnan ghaus, mohamed irfan and nawaz ahead of Abbas, Asghar and Nasir nawaz.

And they paid the price, kicked out of the tournament. :rp

same like pindi plays adnan ghaus, mohamed irfan and nawaz ahead of Abbas, Asghar and Nasir nawaz.

And they paid the price, kicked out of the tournament. :rp

Going by this tournament, Umar Amin is a terrible captain. His selections were mind-boggling and so was the batting order. The dropping of Nasir Nawaz can only be explained by backroom politics.

FATA actually have a decent squad as they showed today. Their bowling is hampered by external factors- Usman Khan Shinwari's injury and Shaheen Shah's absence- which is why they are scraping the barrel with the likes of Ahmed Jamal. If they win their final match against Faisalabad then they could get through to the semis on NRR, but given Faisalabad are the team to beat at the moment they will have to pull out all the stops.

Come on Nauman. You've started the tournament well, but have gone a little quiet.

Make the most of your opportunity today. Show the PSL sides what you are made of!

Sameen gul awesome with old and new ball. Good yorkers

Considering he was bowling in a match where 400+ runs had been scored, to return with bowling figures of 4-0-26-2 (ER: 6.5) is quite an achievement.

Come on Nauman. You've started the tournament well, but have gone a little quiet.

Make the most of your opportunity today. Show the PSL sides what you are made of!

Yet again wasting his best chance of getting selected in PSL.

Last edited:
Rohail Nazir has been sent in at 3- good move to give younger players a chance.

Going by this tournament, Umar Amin is a terrible captain. His selections were mind-boggling and so was the batting order. The dropping of Nasir Nawaz can only be explained by backroom politics.

FATA actually have a decent squad as they showed today. Their bowling is hampered by external factors- Usman Khan Shinwari's injury and Shaheen Shah's absence- which is why they are scraping the barrel with the likes of Ahmed Jamal. If they win their final match against Faisalabad then they could get through to the semis on NRR, but given Faisalabad are the team to beat at the moment they will have to pull out all the stops.

Don't want to engage in conspiracy theories but in the last match that Nasir played, he gave one of those interviews on the sidelines and he was a bit... outspoken. IIRC he was saying that there was barely any marketing by PCB etc. which has resulted in very poor crowds. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. :)

However, he may have picked up a niggle or something so there may well be a legit reason. :srt

Big big fan of Haris ... But not a game changer.unless he bats 3, he shouldn't play t20 cricket. Just doesn't have it in him for this format tbh.
Should focus on test format, could do wonders for us.

Don't want to engage in conspiracy theories but in the last match that Nasir played, he gave one of those interviews on the sidelines and he was a bit... outspoken. IIRC he was saying that there was barely any marketing by PCB etc. which has resulted in very poor crowds. I wonder if that had anything to do with it. :)

However, he may have picked up a niggle or something so there may well be a legit reason. :srt

Yes, exactly. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, but if this is why he was dropped then talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Btw, Hafeez not bowling has led to Agha Salman getting into the side. Has bowled pretty economically so far. He's shown that he is not a strike bowler but he can keep it tight and get through his overs quickly (especially in 50 overs). Hope he gets to bat today.

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] given we are sharing conspiracy theories, how many times has Shan been dropped (i) in this match and (ii) in this tournament? (That's a rhetorical question btw- please don't waste your time finding out lol). Wouldn't be surprised if Daddy had told the teams to go easy on his son...

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] given we are sharing conspiracy theories, how many times has Shan been dropped (i) in this match and (ii) in this tournament? (That's a rhetorical question btw- please don't waste your time finding out lol). Wouldn't be surprised if Daddy had told the teams to go easy on his son...

There have been a ton of dropped catches in the past couple of days. :(

On that note, Arsal Sheikh is playing today. :srini

Lahore Blues should be able to chase this down.

Ahmed Jamal is hopeless.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Off to Bangladesh for BPL 2017. Very excited to represent Rajshahi Kings. Remember me in your prayers. <br>Until next time, Goodbye Pakistan. <a href="https://t.co/YfTLhwB8Ys">pic.twitter.com/YfTLhwB8Ys</a></p>— Usama Mir (@iamusamamir) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamusamamir/status/932158260148305921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Off to Bangladesh for BPL 2017. Very excited to represent Rajshahi Kings. Remember me in your prayers. <br>Until next time, Goodbye Pakistan. <a href="https://t.co/YfTLhwB8Ys">pic.twitter.com/YfTLhwB8Ys</a></p>— Usama Mir (@iamusamamir) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamusamamir/status/932158260148305921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fair enough- thanks.

Feel sorry for FATA- they have lost all their main bowlers. USK, Shaheen and now Usama.

I hear someone said Harry is not a T20 player but the scorecard said he scored 50 off 23 balls.... :ibutt

Freaking Shan Masood scored a century.... we need to end this tournament right now and completely scrap it

Sameen has bowled well though. Looks to be very accurate with the yorkers especially.

Yes, absolutely. It's just that no one else has backed him up. If he had been bowling in tandem with the three bowlers I mentioned FATA would have walked into the semis. Still have an outside chance though...

Also, is it just me or does Raza Hasan not quite look at his best yet? I appreciate there isn't much assistance for spinners and he has still bowled pretty economically through the tournament but I still feel he isn't quite at his best...

Freaking Shan Masood scored a century.... we need to end this tournament right now and completely scrap it

:)))

Dropped catches, missed stumping etc.

Back