National T20 Cup | Day 5 | 15 Nov, 2017 | Lahore W v Faisalabad, Karachi W v Lahore B | Match Thread

giri26

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Lahore W v Faisalabad (12:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 18:00 AEDT | 17:30 ACDT | 15:00 AWST)

Lahore W Squad: Aamer Yamin, Amad Butt, Asif Ali, Asif Zakir, Azhar Ali, Bilal Asif, Ehsan Adil, Hasan Qadeer, Kamran Akmal †, Mohammad Irfan(5), Raza Ali Dar, Salman Butt (c), Sami Aslam, Umaid Asif, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz

Faisalabad Squad: Ali Shan, Ali Waqas, Asad Ali, Asad Raza, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Gauhar Ali †, Imran Butt, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal (c), Sahibzada Farhan, Sohaib Maqsood, Taj Wali, Yasir Shah

Karachi W v Lahore B (Day/Night 16:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 22:00 AEDT | 21:30 ACDT | 19:00 AWST)

Karachi W Squad: Abrar Ahmed, Akbar-ur-Rehman, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Azam Hussain, Danish Aziz, Haris Sohail, Jaahid Ali, Khurram Manzoor, Mir Hamza, Rumman Raees, Sarfraz Ahmed (c) †, Shahid Yousuf, Tabish Khan, Zulfiqar Babar

Lahore B Squad: Abid Ali, Adnan Akmal †, Agha Salman, Ahmed Shehzad, Aizaz Cheema, Atif Jabbar, Babar Azam, Ghulam Mudassar, Hussain Talat, Imam-ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Khalid Usman, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez (c), Saad Nasim, Tayyab Tahir

no game today.it is raining heavily in isd i think and was raining last night as well.

Faisalabad 0/1 * (1.1/20 ov)

Vs

Lahore Whites

Lahore Whites won the toss and elected to field

Maqsood always have problems with his helmet . this is 3rd time he is changing his helmet in this match .

Still no play due to rain

Faisalabad 29/2 * (5.3/20 ov)

Really unfortunate, 2 days lost of the tournament.

Feel bad for both the players as well as viewers. Its really important for many players to show their game and bring them back into contention.

Another example of PCB's lack of planning, no preparation, absurd favoritism and pathetic scheduling.

Ground staff also looks inept the outfield is miserable, they can't even start the game at given time.

Why was Natl. T20 kept in Punjab knowing the smog issues. Karachi or Hyderabad was best suited to host the tournament. Rain is extremely rare and no smog occurence in this part of the region.

PAkistan's pathetic corrupt system of awarding jobs based on relationships, administration mishaps costing everyone dearly.

Really unfortunate, 2 days lost of the tournament.

Feel bad for both the players as well as viewers. Its really important for many players to show their game and bring them back into contention.

Another example of PCB's lack of planning, no preparation, absurd favoritism and pathetic scheduling.

Ground staff also looks inept the outfield is miserable, they can't even start the game at given time.

Why was Natl. T20 kept in Punjab knowing the smog issues. Karachi or Hyderabad was best suited to host the tournament. Rain is extremely rare and no smog occurence in this part of the region.

PAkistan's pathetic corrupt system of awarding jobs based on relationships, administration mishaps costing everyone dearly.

National Stadium is being or will be renovated (broken roof, missing seats).

The Karachi Whites are currently rotating between three stadiums: United Bank Limited Sports Complex,
National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex and National Stadium.

I don't think they want to put a 40-45 match tournament burden on the stadium.

National Stadium is being or will be renovated (broken roof, missing seats).

The Karachi Whites are currently rotating between three stadiums: United Bank Limited Sports Complex,
National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex and National Stadium.

I don't think they want to put a 40-45 match tournament burden on the stadium.

There is Defense Cricket Stadium [now called SouthEnd cricket club stad.] and Arbab Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, all have hosted international test matches before. There are plenty of options available only if PCB makes an effort.

There is Defense Cricket Stadium [now called SouthEnd cricket club stad.] and Arbab Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, all have hosted international test matches before. There are plenty of options available only if PCB makes an effort.

I agree with your general sentiment. Punjab isn't ideal at this time of the year.

From what I can see, it has to do with a few reasons.

1) National Stadium can't handle a tournament right now (renovations)
2) Niaz Stadium has two FC matches right after this tournament (Rawalpindi has nothing on the schedule)
3) Rawalpindi has hosted this tournament since 2015
4) The cancellation and re-scheduling of this tournament became a hurdle in finding hosts

I agree with your general sentiment. Punjab isn't ideal at this time of the year.

From what I can see, it has to do with a few reasons.

1) National Stadium can't handle a tournament right now (renovations)
2) Niaz Stadium has two FC matches right after this tournament (Rawalpindi has nothing on the schedule)
3) Rawalpindi has hosted this tournament since 2015
4) The cancellation and re-scheduling of this tournament became a hurdle in finding hosts

Rofl you are making the same point in detail I already made in previous post, PCB's pathetic operations of preparing and scheduling.
Btw Rawalpindi is a replacement venue, another venue was assigned and then cancelled along with dates.

There are multiple issues that require common sense, like the ground staff operations. They have been a failure in working on the wet outfield.

This is all because of nepotistic staffing of more than required unskilled people. From broadcasting to assigning of TTFs and slow players to ground operations, this tournament is an abject failure only due to one issue.

The same Haroon Rasheed built the best domestic team of UBL in the 80s when he used to do field work. Introducing players who all went to represent Pakistan.

This was the same equipment handled way better in the 80s, due to qualified people managing it. The broken system of bias and nepotism really destroying the cricket overall.

Last edited:
Rofl you are making the same point in detail I already made in previous post, PCB's pathetic operations of preparing and scheduling.
Btw Rawalpindi is a replacement venue, another venue was assigned and then cancelled along with dates.

There are multiple issues that require common sense, like the ground staff operations. They have been a failure in working on the wet outfield.

This is all because of nepotistic staffing of more than required unskilled people. From broadcasting to assigning of TTFs and slow players to ground operations, this tournament is an abject failure only due to one issue.

The same Haroon Rasheed built the best domestic team of UBL in the 80s when he used to do field work. Introducing players who all went to represent Pakistan.

This was the same equipment handled way better in the 80s, due to qualified people managing it. The broken system of bias and nepotism really destroying the cricket overall.

Not quite.

You're stating it's incompetence but that's not the case. Just an odd set of circumstances.

The NA 120 elections were taking place in Lahore so the World XI matches had to be pushed forward for security reasons. This automatically meant the National T20 Cup would get postponed.

What could the PCB do in this case?

Nothing.

Elections > International Cricket > T20 Tournament.

As a result, they had to adjust on the fly and Rawalpindi made the most sense based on the reasons I pointed out. Multan/Faisalabad (original hosts) were out of the equation after the postponement due to FC scheduling.

All of the other issues about broadcasting/ground staff are a separate issue and shouldn't be lumped with this.

it has been reported that Micky arthur was there to see some talent on display.

Not quite.

You're stating it's incompetence but that's not the case. Just an odd set of circumstances.

The NA 120 elections were taking place in Lahore so the World XI matches had to be pushed forward for security reasons. This automatically meant the National T20 Cup would get postponed.

What could the PCB do in this case?

Nothing.

Elections > International Cricket > T20 Tournament.

As a result, they had to adjust on the fly and Rawalpindi made the most sense based on the reasons I pointed out. Multan/Faisalabad (original hosts) were out of the equation after the postponement due to FC scheduling.

All of the other issues about broadcasting/ground staff are a separate issue and shouldn't be lumped with this.

Can't go on and on, on the same issue.

Its not lumped together, its actually all aspects suffer from the same issue, pathetic technical manpower.

Rawalpindi also suffered from smog, which is why they had to put games as early as 5 pm to finish before 9 pm.
You have totally diverted the issue on scheduling, the venue selection by PCB did'nt make any sense whatsoever scheduling or otherwise.

Back