Nepal v Pakistan U-23s l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 21/8/13 l Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khabri420

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Match starts in about 20 minutes.

Pakistan will be looking to win this match and better position themselves to qualify for the semi finals.

Pakistan are playing an unchanged XI.

Why did they chose to bowl? Should battet and put 200-250 and won easily.

Hardly chased 142 last time.

100% agreed!! Even cricinfo was posting before toss, "Had a look at the pitch its little bit dry and the cracks are opening up, little bit of moisture in the wicket, it will be an another batting friendly, Captains who wins the toss have to bat first."

Absolutely shocking decision to bowl first.....

On a side note, does anybody know how fast we need to win to guarantee qualification? Anybody good at math who can calculate the NRR we would need?

100% agreed!! Even cricinfo was posting before toss, "Had a look at the pitch its little bit dry and the cracks are opening up, little bit of moisture in the wicket, it will be an another batting friendly, Captains who wins the toss have to bat first."

Absolutely shocking decision to bowl first.....

On a side note, does anybody know how fast we need to win to guarantee qualification? Anybody good at math who can calculate the NRR we would need?

Win this match with 10 overs to left

than Hope Indians beat Afghans

even if Afghan wins against India Tomorrow hope o win with less Runs

Win this match with 10 overs to left

than Hope Indians beat Afghans

even if Afghan wins against India Tomorrow hope o win with less Runs

lol, i know that part. But I know mathematically there is a magic #, where if we win by a certain # of overs, we are guaranteed to qualify.

Cause if we win, and then Afghan win, all three teams have 2 points each. However, since Afghanistan and India are facing each other, at a certain point, both team run rates cannot exceed a specific score.

Does anybody know what that specific point is? I am thinking roughly 38th over?

Bhatti has been Very good With UN'23
Bowling at High pace
Must been around 140kph Beaten Batsman,s with pace many time

was Highest wicket taker in Faysal bank Odi cup
was one of the best fast bowler in Presdent,s odi cup

i think he is ready for Odi International cricket

in first spell 5 overs 11/1

Bhatti has been Very good With UN'23
Bowling at High pace
Must been around 140kph Beaten Batsman,s with pace many time

was Highest wicket taker in Faysal bank Odi cup
was one of the best fast bowler in Presdent,s odi cup

i think he is ready for Odi International cricket

in first spell 5 overs 11/1

While he is good, no doubt. This is against minnows and other kids (U-23). Let him play more domestic before we bring him up against a real team. Dont want to bring him up, he gets smashed for 100/0 and confidence all gone. He is only 21, let him play a couple years in domestic and prove himself. Maybe some Pak A tours or more U-23 tournaments for now.

Big difference between facing Nepal and batsman like Amla - ABD against RSA, or Sanga-Dilshan-Jaya against SL.

Hammad lucky to get that wicket, just gave up 8 runs off the first legal delivery that over.... Nepal have to be happy, already past 50 runs in just 14th over. Thats a pretty decent RR given how Pak have batted so far this tournament.

While he is good, no doubt. This is against minnows and other kids (U-23). Let him play more domestic before we bring him up against a real team. Dont want to bring him up, he gets smashed for 100/0 and confidence all gone. He is only 21, let him play a couple years in domestic and prove himself. Maybe some Pak A tours or more U-23 tournaments for now.

Big difference between facing Nepal and batsman like Amla - ABD against RSA, or Sanga-Dilshan-Jaya against SL.

Bilwal did well against Afghan National side

Bilwal is Quick Skiddy Fast bowler like Hamid Hassan,Dale steyn
Height 5 Foot 10 inch or 11 Inch

Height is issue

Nishan: "Every Nepali's heart skips a bit
whenever Paras Khadka is Out. That's exactly
like the Indians used to be in tension,when
Tendulkar used to be out. BUt Khakurel is still
there. Lets hope for better! Jay Nepal"

Nepal 115/5 (35.0 ov)

Another 50-70 runs in last 15 overs could set up a good game.

Im hoping only 150 max. We have struggled batting, and we need to improve our NRR A LOT to guarantee a spot in the next round.

Dont forget, India won by 84 runs, and our NRR is behind Afghanistan right now.

Usman Qadir to Khakurel, 2 runs, flipper,
bowled it short, goes back and tries to pull,
top edged to long on fielder, usman at long
on drops a sitter

Nishan: "Every Nepali's heart skips a bit
whenever Paras Khadka is Out. That's exactly
like the Indians used to be in tension,when
Tendulkar used to be out. BUt Khakurel is still
there. Lets hope for better! Jay Nepal"

How is the general public interest in Nepal regarding cricket?

Is it like whenever there is a game, most or all of the population know that there is a game, and in some way or another follow the score? Or is it that just those who are interested in the game log on to the net, etc. to follow the scores. Do you have news updates on national television and radio during and after the game?

What about overseas Nepalese? :)

Im not at all impressed with Azeem Ghumman

I am quite surprised he has been selected as an opener and we don't have any U23 better than him? (I think 3-4 players from U19 are better than him). His List A average is quite poor and SR is even worse so not sure why he is selected.

I am quite surprised he has been selected as an opener and we don't have any U23 better than him? (I think 3-4 players from U19 are better than him). His List A average is quite poor and SR is even worse so not sure why he is selected.

Really stupid selection. He isn't scoring much and is consuming too many deliveries at same time:azhar.

Hammad Azam did a kukri and promoted himself :)

Hammad Azam did a kukri and promoted himself :)

tbf to him they did nee to up the NRR as both Usman and Waheed are steady players him or Nawaz were the best options. Also going in to the knockouts you need your skipper in form. Hopefully they perform much better ain the sem and the Final they reach there batting performance has been really ordinary a lot depends on Babar how he fares.

This win will surely strengthen Pakistan's net run rate but let's hope India beats Afghanistan tomorrow and then things don't need to come down to net run rate etc.

Pakistan need 12 to win and Babar needs 8 for his ****ury hmm let's see

True, but obviously Sami Aslam, Hussain Talat etc are/ were away on the u 19 tour so couldn't be selected for this tour. I wonder if we any other decent batsmen who are u 23

100 from babar , brilliant stuff

Hammad doing well with his run a ball innings

True, but obviously Sami Aslam, Hussain Talat etc are/ were away on the u 19 tour so couldn't be selected for this tour. I wonder if we any other decent batsmen who are u 23

Can't think of any maybe Ramiz Aziz or Fakhan Zaman they should have played Umar Saqiq for him though a very good bat

zain abass was easily the better choice than him...he performed well in the domestic tournanents....
there is also the umar sidiq in the squad who could easily replace him...

zain abass was easily the better choice than him...he performed well in the domestic tournanents....
there is also the umar sidiq in the squad who could easily replace him...

Zain Abbas : FC avg not that great but List A avg brilliant around 53 with 2 hundred, so definitely couldve been a possible.

Umer Siddiq has only played a handful of matches with an average of 46 in List A

So yeah both could be good by i guess Ghumman was picked on the basis of his experience

Well Played today.

However, the U 23's need to perform against the better side's in this competition too. Like the first team, as soon as they face better quality of bowlers the batsmen go into a shell where the scoring is almost non-existent....and then if they lose a wicket or two the batsmen that come in are under further pressure.

They need to be more positive and bat with more intent constantly rotating the stike and taking advantage of loose deliveries.

Good win nevertheless

Congratulations, SL are in the semis, hope they play Ind and knock them out, one of the reason Pak lost to India was simply just pressure, doesn't matter too much to an extent as squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back