Netherlands v South Africa l Only ODI | Amstelveen | May 31, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Friday, May 31st 2013

Castle Lager Proteas captain, AB de Villiers, won the toss and elected to bat first in the ODI against Netherlands taking place at Amstelveen in Amsterdam on Friday.

The Proteas have rested Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, following their heavy stints in the IPL this month.

JP Duminy makes his international comeback after a seven-month absence due to injury, with Alviro Petersen slotting in at the top of the order for the injured Graeme Smith.

South Africa XI: AB de Villiers (cpt/wk), Hashim Amla, Alviro Petersen, Colin Ingram, Francois du Plessis, JP Duminy, Farhaan Behardien, Ryan McLaren, Robin Peterson, Rory Kleinveldt, Lonwabo Tsotsobe.

Subs: Dale Steyn, Aaron Phangiso, Morne Morkel, David Miller.

Playing Times (Netherlands Local Time)

11h00 - 14h30 (First Innings)

14h30 – 15h15 (Innings Break)

15h15 – 18h45 (Second Innings)

Suprised to see no RTD. The one batsman in Dutch side who can enter any batting lineup in the world atm, considering ODIs.

I am sure he is better than Ingram and Behardien.

I guess Ingram is going to have another 100

Suprised to see no RTD. The one batsman in Dutch side who can enter any batting lineup in the world atm, considering ODIs.

I am sure he is better than Ingram and Behardien.

He's not interested in playing for Netherlands any more. Same with Kervezee. They'd rather play for their county.

He's not interested in playing for Netherlands any more. Same with Kervezee. They'd rather play for their county.

Yes I am aware of that. They probably get a good amount of money by playing in their respective counties.

Its a sad state of affairs in cricket right now. In the past, we always would emphasise on the national team having the best XI players in the country. Things have changed drastcially with selection issues, poaching, fixing, lack of interest, and premiere leagues

Seems like going to be another record partnership.

Both Duminy and Ingram ODI average increased to 40+ now.

Duminy seems in good touch after coming from a long break.

Faf and Ingram seem in good touch too. Hope they can all carry it through.

136 off last 6 overs

rofl

unreal

so much for cant beat minnows properly because of "tough conditions".... pakistan wouldnt make 136 runs vs netherlands in 40 overs let alone 6

136 off last 6 overs

rofl

unreal

so much for cant beat minnows properly because of "tough conditions".... pakistan wouldnt make 136 runs vs netherlands in 40 overs let alone 6

I don't think scoring was accurate in cricinfo for this match

see this:

End of over 47 (38 runs)

And if you calculate the score it doesn't look like 38 were scored in that over.

Last 5 overs went for 99, so I don't think that the last 6 went for 136.

I too wanted to know why Ryan is not playing, that's extremely disappointing can't he take some time just for one game for the Netherlands? He didn't play in the WT20 qualifiers either.

Kervezee is also a big loss to dutch cricket. very sad state of affairs.

Well played Szwarczynski unfortunate to get run out at 98 otherwise he was going to be the second batsman from Netherlands to score a Century against a Test Playing Nation the first one was scored by Ryan ten Doeschate against England in 2011 WorldCup.

Although SA won but Good fight showed by Dutch team against SA attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back