New Zealand (281/8) defeat Pakistan (280/9) to win the 3rd ODI by 2 wickets - Take the series 2-1

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So there we have it - 281 needed for NZ to win the series, for Pakistan - a question of saving face and a long-awaited series win.

Which will it be?

BMjmC9u.png

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Not the best of starts Hasnain.

Are our umpires trying to please ICC or something they are hell bent on giving everything against us it’s become a joke now

Good that Hasnain indicated its going down leg side. Shaheen surely would have forced Babar into a review.

Rauf hasn't been really a standout in this series so far. Feels like he will need to come up big for Pakistan to win.

Hasnain bowling is beautiful to watch, soothing for the eyes.

But in slow motion his bowling hand seems to stop for a fraction of time when the arm is in swing and looks dodgy

Hasnain is a bowler who is way quicker than the speed gun actually suggests batsman get weirdly hurried

Haris Sohail is not on the field after batting for 20 odd deliveries, they know he can't field at all

what happened to hasnain? has lost all his muscle and very skinny. looks even younger than usual.

NZ great fielding was a big reason for restricting the score they did. Saved so many runs on the boundaries and Fakhar's run out was a game changer.

I think one of the pacers should be coming over the wicket to Conway to give him a different angle than having both right handed fast bowlers coming from the same angle.

I will never drink Tapal tea even if it becomes the next Starbucks. I don’t have a problem with it being a Pakistani company, the ad campaign has made me hate a company that I have never heard of before and probably will never every get a chance to buy the product even if I want to.

From PCB:

Fakhar Zaman and Haris Sohail will not be taking the field at the start of the second innings and will remain under the observation of the team's medical panel.

Fakhar has irritation in his right hamstring and Haris has neck pain.

Pakistan have taken Kamran Ghulam as a concussion replacement for Haris Sohail

I will never drink Tapal tea even if it becomes the next Starbucks. I don’t have a problem with it being a Pakistani company, the ad campaign has made me hate a company that I have never heard of before and probably will never every get a chance to buy the product even if I want to.

We thank you for this piece of useful information :D

1 early wicket would've completely changed the complexion of the game. That's why Naseem is a big miss here.

Now spin is our only hope.

The South African export is a high class batsman.

A lot of late bloomers in cricket these days: SKY, Conway. Last year Fawad Alam had a purple patch. Even Khwaja has become Langer 2.0 now in his 2nd run.

Pakistani bowlers get little support from fielders, our fielders often dive over the ball,and almost always throw wide of stumps. Hasnain has bowled better than his figures are showing. Rauf doing well as senior bowler today.

When we learn how to dive on the ball instead of over it. It will be a whole different story

Rauf has only given up 9 runs in 3 overs. Hasnain meanwhile is 25 runs in 4 overs.

Just given away all the pressure buildup.

Anyone know why Naseem wasn't in today? And why is parchi Shan Masood playing?

Conway is the best player of spin in Nzl. Get him out and spinners can spin a web against the rest on this pitch. Also Nzl seem to be too intimidated by Nawaz so won’t attack him probably.

Wasim always looks like he is going to give that 20+ over any time but somehow gets wickets.

Conway is the best player of spin in Nzl. Get him out and spinners can spin a web against the rest on this pitch. Also Nzl seem to be too intimidated by Nawaz so won’t attack him probably.

Wut??

Williamson and Latham are far better at playing spin.

These fielders literally cannot stop a beach sized ball. It must suck to be a Pakistani bowler to not being able to face mediocre Pakistani batsmen or have competent fielders.

Wut??

Williamson and Latham are far better at playing spin.

They play traditional strokes so won’t be able to force pace on a dry pitch.they might survive but won’t take on the attack. Conway can smash spinners with unorthodox stroke play kind of like SKY.

What a piece of fielding!! Absolutely amazing, they say he is the best fielder in domestics and he just proved that!

Big wicket. I don’t remember the last time I saw a direct hit from Pakistan :) well done

Shocking, Pakistani fielders did something.

Helluva throw to get the danger man out.

Dahani should have been given a game. It's not like Wasim is some Shaheen.

Wasim always hogs all the games.

the management is extremely old fashioned , tayyab kamran and dahani. All needed chances in this JAMODIS.

we needed to test out bench.

Subs on fire today it’s Kamran Ghulam’s time to ball some lethal turners. Finally I saw a direct hit from a Pakistani fielder it’s high time pcb start giving out 3 lakhs per run out like Naseem ashrafs time

Back