New Zealand v India | 1st ODI | Napier | 3/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

minhasuz

Local Club Captain
Runs
Mods you can change the title to your format, if you don't like mines.

India wins the toss and have decided to bat.

India vs NZ, Napier 1st ODI

India won the toss and elected to lose. Rain forecast. Surprisingly Dhoni opted to bat first. If history says something NZ chases big totals with ridiculous ease on this ground. It is a lose-lose situation for Dhoni.

India batted first in both T20 and had lost both matches....so lets see how they do in this match

:wasim "Hi, I'll be guiding you through the next 8 hours"

Siff wind, overcast condition, NZ are terrific chasers in NZ (Just showed an innings where Fleming hit 10 sixes!!).. So Dhoni's choice to bat first is even more perplexing. Chance has become slim to none now.

Oxy said:
:wasim "Hi, I'll be guiding you through the next 8 hours"
Zaheer Khan is the key and also the driver as after you open the door someone has to take you across

IronMan2009 said:
Is there any NZlander who is below 6 feet? Everyone looks like giant.
No I think Tendulkar and Sehwag are just small! :D

genghis81 said:
No I think Tendulkar and Sehwag are just small! :D

That is there. Tendulkar is really short. But i like to know their heights

Oram 6'6", Vettori 6'3" don't know about others.

Sehwag is being a hog by taking a single of the last ball to retain the strike loll

:wasim "Apologies to all - and you Zaheer. I'm off to watch Gran Torino"

Oxy said:
:wasim "Apologies to all - and you Zaheer. I'm off to watch Gran Torino"
:wasim he probably doesn't like his child much as much he like Zaheer

genghis81 said:
Are you sure ... doesn't look that tall???
I was wondering that too he isn't that tall. Oram's height is right but Vettori doesn't seems that tall

WI vs NZ matches were all washed out if i am right. So it must be annoying for NZ public to see another match interrupted by rain.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
From Cricinfo: The drizzle has stopped. Now begins the hard work for the ground staff.
It will be a lot better and faster if Zaheer Khan was the one handling the ropes : :wasim

From Cricinfo: It has become much brighter now, I'm told, and you can finally see some blue in the sky. The main covers are coming off.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
From Cricinfo: It has become much brighter now, I'm told, and you can finally see some blue in the sky. The main covers are coming off.
Zaheer you beauty :wasim

Momo said:
Gauti not playing?
Is this a trick question? Are you expecting milk delivery and Gauti who made an excuse is late or not showing up? Who is Gauti in non Japanese my Japani brather

12thMan said:
Is this a trick question? Are you expecting milk delivery and Gauti who made an excuse is late or not showing up? Who is Gauti in non Japanese my Japani brather
:))

Zaheer stretching to show the world proper way to streatch. But a word of warning, this should be only be tried by a highest quality professional :wasim

I am sure. No doubt about it :aiqbal
Mainay bhi stletch kiye hain lekin kabhi aisa nahi :jm
wat a majestical stretch :younis
Did he do a normal stretch or was it fixed with help of Gauti :sarfraz

Last edited:
cool, can kill some time till Pak-SL starts :)

Tendy gone for 20

9.4 Butler to Tendulkar, OUT, edged and taken! A nothing shot from Tendulkar, looking to steer that away behind square on the off side but the length ball sits up a touch more than anticipated and he feathers a regulation edge through to McCullum, and thats immediate success for Butler on ODI comeback
SR Tendulkar c wicketkeeperMcCullum b Butler 20 (23b 2x4 0x6) SR: 86.95

OZGOD said:
Tendy gone for 20

9.4 Butler to Tendulkar, OUT, edged and taken! A nothing shot from Tendulkar, looking to steer that away behind square on the off side but the length ball sits up a touch more than anticipated and he feathers a regulation edge through to McCullum, and thats immediate success for Butler on ODI comeback
SR Tendulkar c wicketkeeperMcCullum b Butler 20 (23b 2x4 0x6) SR: 86.95

Told you he was rubbish at 38 over cricket

How much did the YUVI get? Surely with Sehwag, Dhoni et al making hay he would have scored a double ton at least!

adeelakram76 said:
overrated dhoni has come in to improve his average playing 90 ball fifty. currently struggling to middle the ball.

You are off by one ball and 34 runs

India won by 53 runs (D/L method)

Match was set up on a strong batting peformance. India lead 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back