New Zealand v India | 1st Test | Auckland | 6th-10th February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Kohli and Pujara playign the same Indian Trundlers. They will massacre these Zaks, Ishants and Jaddus.

Its a curse that our batsmen have to face good-great bowling while the opposition batsmen get a free ride.

It would interesting to see how Anderson bats . Will he be aggressive or bat with patience

No trundlers had them in control at 30/3 but after that it was all horrible bowling.

Atleast the trundlers made good use of the early morning conditions. Our bowlers can't do that :gul

Imagine Kohli and Pujara playign the same Indian Trundlers. They will massacre these Zaks, Ishants and Jaddus.

Its a curse that our batsmen have to face good-great bowling while the opposition batsmen get a free ride.

I'm sure we aren't far from the days when opposing teams will submit their playing XIs to BCCI for approval. Indian batsmen can then feast on 3rd rate bowlers.

My guess is that if one these get out after 400 Anderson is going to have a day of his life.

Last edited:
New Zealand should play Ryder in Tests instead of Fulton. Would make their batting even stronger.

India look like they've run out of ideas. Just bowling aimlessly now

The first hour was spicy.

Right now the pitch has flattened nicely. Ball is not doing anything for our trundlers.

3/239. India bowling "attack" looks toothless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BlackThunder must be really annoyed at this , he must have expected Kiwis to fold within 100 , that was too far fetched , I think he should have said around 170 - 200 at least

I don't think India will win many Tests overseas with only 2 pacers (Shami one pacer and Ishant and Zak 1/2 a bowler each) and a spinner. Jadeja will get punished having to bowl so many overs. And whoever the 5th one is (Kolhi and Nohit and whoever else) is going to get taken to the cleaners.

Doesn't seem like most Indians are interested in this match.

This is a very important test match for India. Its about time that India wins a test match outside the SC

@BlackThunder must be really annoyed at this , he must have expected Kiwis to fold within 100 , that was too far fetched , I think he should have said around 170 - 200 at least

He is just another troll who go missing when phainty mode is on!

Zak looks to have turned into an offspinner

Time to play Srilanka again.

Only way to boost the shattered egos and pride of Indian team.

got to question the bowling strategy ..very few maidens... bowling stumps to stumps doesn't work overseas ..should look to bowl outside off n let the batsmen come to you :(

I think Kiwis bowlers will have to bowl really well to win , India Batting would be better than the ODI

Zak looks to have turned into an offspinner

Just imagine what must be going through the minds of Yadav, Bhuvi and Pandey.

Are they really that worse than a super trundling, struggling and straggling Zak?

Playing a washed up has been Zak and Worst bowler ever Ishant as Lead bowlers is a recipe for massive phainty.

One series against Lankans will boost the Rockstars egos only to be crushed later in overseas conditions.

What i dont really understand is why fast bowling in india is never taken seriously? I remember Kapil once mentioned that fast bowlers are like labors and batsmen are the officers the way indian public treat them.

IMO most of the general indian public love to see strokes and sixes instead of watching a fast bowler trying to trap a great batsmen with planning to dismiss him.

will the pitch be same all 5 days ?

I think it will assist bowlers in the first hour of everyday and then becomes road for the rest of the day.

India almost had NZ at 30/3. Had they taken those catches NZ would have been 6 or 7 down now.

I bet NZ will not make any mistakes like Indian fielders did.

Kane out to a nothing shot

will the pitch be same all 5 days ?

Most pitches are not the same after five days. Once we see what happens to it tomorrow we will have a better idea as to whether it will crumble. Depends on the weather too

Inside edge saves Anderson

McMillan and Rigor trolling Sunny about DRS again

4/251 after 69 overs. India are 12 overs behind the over rate. Will Dhoni be suspended for failing to manage his overs?

Kiwis would be happy with 350 after the start they had.

They won't be happy with 350 after the partnership between Macca and Kane. I would be looking at 450 minimum after being 3-250 or whatever it was.

Disappointing crowd though. Must be about 20% full

4/251 after 69 overs. India are 12 overs behind the over rate. Will Dhoni be suspended for failing to manage his overs?

The match wasn't started by half hour delay? so there maybe extra time

4-261 after 72

The match wasn't started by half hour delay? so there maybe extra time

They will have extra time. They won't get through all their overs. Everything is taking too long, the field changes, ppl fiddling with pads, waiting for helmets etc

NZ bat right down to 11 with Boult on track to be the best number 11 of all time already.

They will have extra time. They won't get through all their overs. Everything is taking too long, the field changes, ppl fiddling with pads, waiting for helmets etc

so it probably means jaddu will bowl till end of the day.

Kohli should take the keeping gloves and Dhoni the man with golden arm should come to bowl with jaddu!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Indns might've taken Auckland curatr's word as gospel?!Even otherwise Indn penchant fr fielding 1st is nothing new or is it?!</p>— Bishan Bedi (@BishanBedi) <a href="https://twitter.com/BishanBedi/statuses/431278926158364672">February 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

India should have played Pandey , you need to show confidence in up coming bowlers.

Nohit on to bowl and gets reverse swept for 4

Now Sir Jaddu manhandled for a straight :6

Milking singles after the six. 4-276

Commies mentioning new ball coming in a couple of overs again and again. I am just wondering what these trundlers are going to do with new ball now? Their pace is already down to mid 120s

Commies mentioning new ball coming in a couple of overs again and again. I am just wondering what these trundlers are going to do with new ball now? Their pace is already down to mid 120s

They will be very hittable if they try firing in bouncers at 110kmh

Besides I have a feeling Dhoni won't take it. He will keep bowling his spinners

One things for sure, India will have to bat well. There's really nothing in the wicket now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back