New Zealand v India | 1st Test | Auckland | 6th-10th February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth Dhoni enter a test match with this bowling Unit.

1) Ishant (he is a lost cause really I dont understand why is he selected he is like Imran Farhat)
2) Zaheer (Past his prime)
3) Shami (He is not experienced)
4) Jadu (He is am all-rounder for me not a leading spinner just had good patches)

and rest of two bowlers used can just throw the balls nothing in them.

Rest assured, New Zealand will reach the 450 run mark and looking at India's bowling, that shouldn't be too hard for them either.

Which means that India's batsmen will have a lot to do and to make it harder, New Zealand has a decent bowling lineup.

I don't see India winning any test match in this series unless their bowlers step up.

Shami is going through what Amir was going through earlier. He looked like a good bowler, but lacking the art of taking wickets until he paired with Asif, who was much better at taking top order wickets... Mastering swing is an art, which Shami need help with, can he get in indian Camp? - Plus they drop too many easy catches and fielding placement is very defensive. Dhoni is a poor test Captain, he does not understanding bowling (even when he sits at the best seat in the ground)!!!

Did India lose intensity after lunch?

Ishant Sharma: "I don't think so. You can see that we didn't let their run-rate go high at any point."

- Cricinfo

Ishant Sharma: "I don't think so. You can see that we didn't let their run-rate go high at any point."

- Cricinfo

I wonder if this guy has a brain at all or is simply delusional beyond imagination.

- Cricinfo

This is their bowling strategy - to contain runs. Pathetic lot. Actually they did not control run rate either. The fourth wicket stand produced 200+ runs at over 4 runs per over, almost criminal in a test match.

You can hate BCCI but still support team India, two different entities. Only glory hunters start hating on their team in bad times. #winorlosebleedblue #staystrong #quitter

Hello sir BlackBlunder indian team is playing like this for ages. Please check their past 2 year test record away from home.

This seems to be an utter capitulation by India after what seemed to be some excellent swing/seam bowling during the first 15 overs yesterday (even bearing in mind the lively pitch) - which was probably expected with this evidenty incompetent attack.

Ishant Sharma doesn't deserve a place in the Test team at all because even upon what seemed to be an extremely favourable wicket to the bowlers early (at least in the first hour of play or so), he didn't manage to present the seam upright. One can argue that he still managed to acquire the wickets of Ross Taylor and Hamish Rutherford within the first 15 overs but despite the lively conditions, the intent from him from the outset was essentially non-existent - not once did I notice him pitching the ball up regularly with the seam upright. And Zaheer Khan is completely past his prime.

With this in mind, shouldn't India have at least played with four seam bowlers to cover for inadequancies by their other pace bowlers (which was inevitable considering the ineptness of Ishant Sharma and the Zaheer Khan of nowadays)?

In fact, it seems M.S. Dhoni doesn't decide to do so because he is completely uncomfortable with bowling his pace bowlers - he only appears to know how to captain appropriately when his spin bowlers are bowling from either end and choking the batsmen and thus drying up the runs. Unsurprisingly though, such a policy will never work in somewhere in New Zealand where the ball doesn't have a tendency to turn much - which was clear when Monty Panesar proved completely unthreatening during England's last tour to New Zealand.-

Last edited:
Just checked the score, how did India squander the position they were in and give Brendon McCullum of all people a century? :))

edit: I see that he has 3 out of his 7 centuries against them!

Just checked the score, how did India squander the position they were in and give Brendon McCullum of all people a century? :))

edit: I see that he has 3 out of his 7 centuries against them!

because they are rubbish outside of the borders of the subcontinent.

Terrible crowd. NZ are just not interested in Cricket. Its worth investing in countries like Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Netherlands etc than NZ.

I cannot give NZ a hard time over small crowds. If the best team in the world cannot attract crowds what hope has a much smaller team got?

New Zealand played with alot of aggression capable of talkin draws out of the equation. And this aint exactly a flat pitch either. But i dont trust these drop in pitches so lets wait and see.
But its always nice and poetic when India lose these days, so here's hoping.

Apparently called Jadeja the worst spinner India have ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back