New Zealand v India | 1st Test | Auckland | 6th-10th February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCooper

First Class Star
Runs
Well, well, well. We are just 8 or 9 hours away from the first Test Match Day 1.

New Zealand dominated in the limited overs mickey mouse cricket but as we saw in South Africa, India are not a push-over in Test cricket (Proper Cricket).

Dhoni is on record saying his bowlers must do better overseas. Dhoni too must do better overseas. He has only scored one century outside of India and that was on a featherbed in Pakistan.

The pitch at Auckland will look greenish but don't get carried away - it often does but it looks worse than it plays.

Last edited:
Are Anderson and Milne playing?
Expecting Southee to get 5fer. :dhoni

Oh yeah, looking forward to this tonight! Get to watch the first session before bed.

I Thought First Test match was in Wellington

India has Really Good Record in Auckland Thought

Excited for this test.. This series will test Rohit, Dhawan and Vijay. I'm confident about :kohli and Pujara

Excited for this test.. This series will test Rohit, Dhawan and Vijay. I'm confident about :kohli and Pujara

But what about sir ishant?
If he flukes himself to a good performance,he will be in the team for the next 10 years :(

Indias batsmen will have more time to settle at the wicket in tests compared to ODIs so i can see them causing more porblems for the kiwis in this series. The Indian bowling will need to improve big time during the test series though for India to possibly win any tests here

If there is some swing, I expect Dhawan to nick off to slips pretty fast :)

But what about sir ishant?
If he flukes himself to a good performance,he will be in the team for the next 10 years :(

I don't care for our bowling man.. It is just too hopeless! All I want is some masterclass batting and Kohli, Pujara are certain to provide it for us in the years to come

It will be a big mistake by Kiwis to play Sodhi , SA did same playing Tahir.

Kiwis should go in with 4 seam attack.

4 seamers - bowl on the 4th stump outside off - the indians will nick to slips. When the ball stops moving, bowl some short stuff and they won't be able to resist pulling and hooking and they will get out.

Shami, Yadav and Pandey could make a decent attack with Sir as the spin option. No need of Zaheer Akram, Murali Ashwin and Ishant Holding

Shami, Yadav and Pandey could make a decent attack with Sir as the spin option. No need of Zaheer Akram, Murali Ashwin and Ishant Holding
That would be the smart thing to do, but lets hope they pick Ishant and Zaheer :p

Whatever happened to BK, was he dropped from the Test squad?

Ishant sharma will be in the playing XI for sure :facepalm:
I hate you ponting...i hate you :133::133:

Ishant was the third seamer alongside Zaheer and Shami in South Africa. Ishant averages less than three wickets a Test, but Dhoni said as the third fast bowler his role was to not let the opposition get away when the ball stopped moving around. "More often than not we have used him as a one-change bowler," Dhoni said. "That again becomes a very crucial slot. At times with the Kookaburra ball, you don't get a lot of swing after 25-30 overs. It is important you keep hitting the same length, and try to get the batsmen out with his extra bounce. It will be crucial for him to keep it tight, keep bowling in the same areas, keep repeating the action, keep hitting the length we want him to, and build on pressure.

Last edited:
Pitch

BftrHv6CcAA2_5y.jpg:large

God save Kiwis :))

Hopefully, the Test pitches will be result-orientated and not terribly placid as they were against England during their tour to New Zealand. Those pitches were certainly atrociously bad.

However, I'm optimistic that the pitches will be advantageous for the bowlers (after the nature of the ODI pitches) and I'm looking forward to watch some excellent swing/seam bowling from the duo of Trent Boult and Tim Southee.

10:00 pm for Sky Sports UK viewers. India searching for their first overseas test series win in years.

Well England and India are money making teams so I'm not surprised why NZ prepare flat pitches against those teams. No wonder they cannot attract any crowd for their test games.

So India will have the better of the conditions, can their bowlers take advantage?

What is the probability of winning 6 consecutive tosses? 0.5^6
Dhoni is the opposite of Misbah when it comes to tosses.

RA Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Z Khan, I Sharma bowling lineup. Good news for Pakistanis and Kiwis :D

India team
M Vijay, S Dhawan, CA Pujara, V Kohli, RG Sharma, AM Rahane, MS Dhoni*†, RA Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Z Khan, I Sharma

Dhawan, Vijay, Pujara, Kohli, Rohit, Rahane, Dhoni, Jadeja, Zaheer, Ishant, Shami

Ishant in the team. Good Nite

New Zealand team
PG Fulton, HD Rutherford, KS Williamson, LRPL Taylor, BB McCullum*, CJ Anderson, BJ Watling†, IS Sodhi, TG Southee, N Wagner, TA Boult

Ishant Sharma :facepalm: :facepalm: What torture is this. Going to bed now Bye Bye. How in the hell does this guy make the team every ****ing time?? Does anybody have an explanation for this

Last edited:
Ishant Sharma playing.Okay Tata Bye Bye i am not watching this.
I am supporting NZ now. I have no words for Dhoni. We have bowlers like Umesh, Kumar, Pander sitting and we play Ishant.

I am sure now Dhoni has something for Ishant.

Go NZ....I am supporting you.

Ishant sharma again :O

Man gotta feel for indians here :D

We have faced such type of circumtances alot but this ishant sharma is upto some next level :14:

Ishant sharma again :O

Man gotta feel for indians here :D

We have faced such type of circumtances alot but this ishant sharma is upto some next level :14:
We have our better bowlers sitting outside and we play Ishant. This is bizzare :facepalm:

Time to finally show our superiority over the Kiwi's. Real cricket starts today the Kiwi's are in for a hammering in this match :bleedblue #secondtier #newzealand #power #bcci

Ishant Sharma :facepalm: :facepalm: What torture is this. Going to bed now Bye Bye. How in the hell does this guy make the team every ****ing time?? Does anybody have an explanation for this

No.We all Indians are looking for the same.Care to join the quest?

This looks like the perfect conditions for Bhuvi. Instead, we will get to watch another exhibition of how-not-to-bowl by the ISharma.

Time to finally show our superiority over the Kiwi's. Real cricket starts today the Kiwi's are in for a hammering in this match :bleedblue #secondtier #newzealand #power #bcci
We've made you bleed a lot this tour #blackandblue :hadlee

This looks like the perfect conditions for Bhuvi. Instead, we will get to watch another exhibition of how-not-to-bowl by the ISharma.
BK would have been lethal here.

Not expecting much from Fulton and Rutherford, hopefully they can shield Williamson and Taylor.

Expect Rutherford to throw his wicket away :umarakmal

Yadav/Pandey and Bhuvi are on the bench.Ishant was the WORST bowler in the last match.And it seems Dhoni doesnt know that Ishant is worse in test cricket then ODI cricket.

He needs to be out of the squad else Dhoni will keep picking him.

Damn you Ponting.

Bhuvi/Pandey/Shammi should have been our bowling attack on this green track and overcast conditions.

And we play:

Past expiry trundler Zaheer
Over worked Shammi
And Ishant

Dhoni:bow:

Excuses have already started, haven't you learnt from vroom vroom?...

No.We all Indians are looking for the same.Care to join the quest?

Man I do understand your pain brother, I mean Imran Farhat irritated us for quite some years but Sharma has taken this to another level. I am pretty sure he has something incredibly revealing over either Dhoni or BCCI. That could be the only possible explanation for me at least

Despite Ishant this Kiwi team is hopeless in the true form of the game #nochance

Yadav/Pandey and Bhuvi are on the bench.Ishant was the WORST bowler in the last match.And it seems Dhoni doesnt know that Ishant is worse in test cricket then ODI cricket.

He needs to be out of the squad else Dhoni will keep picking him.

Damn you Ponting.

:))) he knew what he was doing :yk

Gutted I'm going to miss the days play, probably a good thing considering we're batting first. Then again this is India.. :nehra

Looks pretty green and it's very overcast. Good Toss for Dhoni to win. NZ will do well to score 200 I reckon. These conditions are perfect for Zaheer Khan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:))) Ishant sharma
Dhoni the worst test captain of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back