New Zealand v India | 2nd Test | Napier | 26-30 Mar 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mclean Park track is pretty placid so India will be looking for big runs again and then cause problems for Kiwis pretty timid batting line up.

New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Napier

So guys, do you think India will grab the series winning this match?
I don`t understand why some people underestimate indian bowling when it comes to bouncy or seaming tracks. NL wanted a wicket suited for their fast bowlers, but don`t they know that Ishant and zaheer will be as effective as their own bowlers, if not more effective. We all remember how well ishant and zaheer bowled in Australia not long ago.
This will be interesting. :)

Whoever wins the toss will opt to bat first, since both the wins at this ground have come from batting first. Not a single team has won batting second here. It would be interesting to see if India bats second and can they still pull it off?

NZ playing 2 spinners against us at home & we are playing only one spinner ?

jusarrived said:
NZ playing 2 spinners against us at home & we are playing only one spinner ?

Good call. But Munaf's performance in the last test has complicated things.

IronMan2009 said:
Good call. But Munaf's performance in the last test has complicated things.

Complicated ? Munaf should have been in the test side long back ..hes here to stay !

The pitch has a sheen to it, the sun reflecting off it. Bit like the ones we used to get in Sharjah in the 80s and 90s.

from the first over there seems to be a flat track ...if we bowl them under 350 , we would have done well here , me thinks !

Man, that was a poor decision. Really unfortunate. That's why I'm so much in favor of the review system.

Franklyn lucky to keep his place for this test. Mills replaced by Jeetan Patel, the spinner.

Bublu Bhuyan said:
Man, that was a poor decision. Really unfortunate. That's why I'm so much in favor of the review system.

these thing happens, umpires are also humen being only. ;-)

It was an inside edge and the bowl hit middle and leg stump. Ross Taylor in.

that was poor shot from How , ball dint deserve a wicket !

but some superb bowling from our pacers on a flat track !

That was very poorly played by Guptill, got in a real tangle, couldn't get out of the way.

Ryder with a leg glance for four 27-3

Taylor with an edge all along the floor for 4. New Zealand doing their best to prove this isn't a good batting pitch.

and this time a cover drive for another boundary. And next ball another flashy stroke over the slips for four no 4 of the over.

43-3 (12)

11.3 Patel to Taylor, FOUR, dropped by Yuvraj at third slip. It kicked up from back of length outside off stump, Taylor pushed at it hard and the ball flew to the left of third slip. Yuvraj didn't show the technique needed for a slipper, was late in leaning to his left, not well-balanced too and got his fingers to it :pissed:

To be honest that Yuvraj was a half chance at best, wouldn't blame him for it. very low down and at pretty much full stretch.

Good captaincy by Sehwag. It will be 4 down if Yuvraj had taken the catch

On_the_up said:
To be honest that Yuvraj was a half chance at best, wouldn't blame him for it. very low down and at pretty much full stretch.

a regular slip fielder could have taken it easily , yuvi's lack of technique made it look difficult !

Sharama doesn't really swing the ball away from the right handers, if he did he would be more successfull than the 30 average he gets

Ryder gets an edge of Harbhajan, keeper didn't have any chance, goes for 4

DK dropped another catch :)))
I dont know why they keep selecting him, he can't even collect the ball cleanly. I am sure they have better keeper than him in India? :13:

200 partnership up for NZ, with Taylor getting a streaky but vital 113 not out.

NZ 233/3 at Tea, NZ should get at least 400 now.

wanted_desi said:
DK dropped another catch :)))
I dont know why they keep selecting him, he can't even collect the ball cleanly. I am sure they have better keeper than him in India? :13:

Well it's either him or the ever favourite Parthiv Patel for India :))) :)))

With Dhoni not captaining, I wouldnt be surprised if NZ pulls this one off (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) but wouldnt surprise me...

We're getting pulverised!

But both are class acts, if only these guys show more application, NZ can be a much better team. Need to break this partnership before close otherwise we could get a huge score!

BTW Dinesh Kaartick is easily one of the worst keepers India has produced, not in the Parthiv category, but on par with Ratra and Dasgupta. His voice is also easily the most annoying. Fag.

Tupac said:
We're getting pulverised!

But both are class acts, if only these guys show more application, NZ can be a much better team. Need to break this partnership before close otherwise we could get a huge score!

BTW Dinesh Kaartick is easily one of the worst keepers India has produced, not in the Parthiv category, but on par with Ratra and Dasgupta. His voice is also easily the most annoying. Fag.

And the way he acts, he thinks he is too strong. He is like what 5'5 :)))

Enzedders pwning India atm. Taylor 151 and Pieboy 110* so far. But why is James Frankin coming in?? Put McCullum on!

If the Enzedders are batting well, I reckon India will post about 1000 in their first innings.

83.5 Ishant to Franklin, no run, Disastrous! Length ball hitting the corridor of uncertainty, Franklin doesn't get forward neither he went back, pokes at it away from the body, thick outside edge and safely grabbed by Karthik for the first time, big big appeal for a caught behind but umpire Billy Doctrove turns it down, how could he not hear that?

:)))

Kiwis have fought back well here after been in a huge whole.

350 on 1st day of a test for 4 wickets down is pretty good. Ryder seems to be blossoming pretty well.

Taylor is the one kiwi batsmen who could be classed as reaching world class!

Doctrove has always been a joke as an umpire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back