New Zealand v India | 3rd ODI | Christchurch | 7/03/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad he left. Who cares about 194. Sure some guy will beat that record against some cheap teams.

IronMan2009 said:
I am glad he left. Who cares about 194. Sure some guy will beat that record against some cheap teams.

You wouldn't be saying that if he broke it today :inzi

Momo said:
I am sure the boot would have been on the other foot had he broken the record.
:)

Don't worry somebody will break. Ashraful will break against zimbabwe :p

Tendulkar not picking up permanent injury for a while is definitely the top priority. Only stupid will go for the record carrying an injury.

IronMan2009 said:
Don't worry somebody will break. Ashraful will break against zimbabwe :p
Probably. But since Bangladesh don't own cricinfo, it won't be declared the greatest innings ever played.

IronMan2009 said:
Tendulkar not picking up permanent injury for a while is definitely the top priority. Only stupid will go for the record carrying an injury.
That's the point. I'm sure he will sit out of the remaining 2 ODI matches if India wins this one and seals the series. He needs to be fit for the Test series.

Momo said:
I am sure the boot would have been on the other foot had he broken the record.
:)
It would have been, but under the circumstances he was in, it's really good that he left. I'd prefer him leaving that record while not picking up an injury, rather than break it and in the process pick up and injury and miss the Test series.

Khabri420 said:
Excellent spell from Southee...10 overs for 0-105
You've got to see the 'bright' side. He can only improve from here.

Heh, India can't make 400.

200 run beating coming for the Hobbits. Some Malikesque captaincy from McCullum.

i think on this ground 330 is a par score. nz should atleast score 300 on this wicket. but pressure of 8 runs per over right off the bat does make things funny

Random Aussie said:
Heh, India can't make 400.

200 run beating coming for the Hobbits. Some Malikesque captaincy from McCullum.

we have , though against Bermuda !

but frankly , it was Yuvi who started it all , NZ just lost the plot after that !

So Southee bowls 10, while Oram gets 8 was this Malik captaining NZ today.

Oram lacks pace Probably he thought he would go for more. But under utilization of Jeetan patel was inexplicable.

Xoib said:
So Southee bowls 10, while Oram gets 8 was this Malik captaining NZ today.

Oram has hardly been bowling , after his injury ...think this the most hes bowled for some time now !

adeelakram76 said:
good anwar record was not broken.. who cares about this game. btw bcci's money speaking here? :)
Nah I think its a good strategy by NZL they will feed roads to India in the odi's and then come the test matches expect some good seaming tracks.

Xoib said:
Nah I think its a good strategy by NZL they will feed roads to India in the odi's and then come the test matches expect some good seaming tracks.

They actually just prepare the best tracks they can, given the conditions.

Xoib said:

I really feel BCCI's money is talking here..

pitches were not flat like this 6 yrs ago when india toured nz.

Random Aussie said:
Absence of his captaincy probably another 50 runs.

Na India made 273 other day as well. Apart from couple of glaring blips ground fielding was outstanding from NZ. Otherwise they would be looking at 425.

Anyway second half will either be very interesting or it will be a totally one sided match. Considering NZ has scored 349 before on this ground they will really have go at this target.

adeelakram76 said:
I really feel BCCI's money is talking here..

pitches were not flat like this 6 yrs ago when india toured nz.
the difference is odi's were played later on in that series so NZL just continued with the strategy that was successful I feel NZ does not want India to get accustomed to seaming conditions before the tests hence the roads we are seeing.

Lets watch and see.

Xoib said:
the difference is odi's were played later on in that series so NZL just continued with the strategy that was successful I feel NZ does not want India to get accustomed to seaming conditions before the tests hence the roads we are seeing.

Lets watch and see.

I really hope they prepare lively wickets for test series.

IronMan2009 said:
53 & 59 all out on a flat track lol
that was :))) but you should know the batting line up that played in that series.

IronMan2009 said:
Anyway second half will either be very interesting or it will be a totally one sided match. Considering NZ has scored 349 before on this ground they will really have go at this target.

do you think NZ will try to chase? BCCI will get upset dude..

Christchurch is always a high scoring ground. But usually they chase it down successfully. But let us see what they do now.

IronMan2009 said:
Na India made 273 other day as well. Apart from couple of glaring blips ground fielding was outstanding from NZ. Otherwise they would be looking at 425.

Ryder 5 overs for 56

Southee 10 overs for 105

Patel and Oram not finishing their quota.

adeelakram76 said:
do you think NZ will try to chase? BCCI will get upset dude..

you should start a thread on this , there is always one here on pp when india wins .... :)

Random Aussie said:
Ryder 5 overs for 56

Southee 10 overs for 105

Patel and Oram not finishing their quota.

Oram bowled when everything was safe. Their best bowler has been Butler. He left the field. But without rain it was a lovely batting surface. Probably Ryder is a yorker expert they keep going to him. Even Vettori relies on his bowling. Remember he bowled 4 overs 18 runs in T20.

Xoib said:
that was :))) but you should know the batting line up that played in that series.

Nazir
Farhat
Razzaq
Younis
Misbah
Faisal
Latif
Waqar
Shoaib
Saqlain
Danish

No Inzi, no MoYo.

That is not the Pakistan C Team sorry. That is a very high class bowling attack.

Last edited:
Random Aussie said:
Nazir
Farhat
Razzaq
Younis
Misbah
Faisal
Latif
Waqar
Shoaib
Saqlain
Danish

No Inzi, no MoYo.

Ya stil 53 , 59 lol Even BD has not scored that low all these years.

Random Aussie said:
Nazir
Farhat
Razzaq
Younis
Misbah
Faisal
Latif
Waqar
Shoaib
Saqlain
Danish

No Inzi, no MoYo.
Inzi averages 30, while Yousuf below 30 against Australia.

where's Oxy? Of course New Zealand letting India win because the BCCI is giving them so much money? You've got some support in adeelakram here too. Sour Grapes.

Tendulkar was jaw dropping today. And people still think he's selfish? If he was he would try to go for the record. But he walks off because he knows he needs to be fit for the rest of the series, and he won't be able to hit them as cleanly as Raina.

Go on India. Zindabad!

IronMan2009 said:
Ya stil 53 , 59 lol Even BD has not scored that low all these years.

Yup. Warne bowled 17.5 overs for the game and took 8/24.

Aus team by the way

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Mark Waugh
Steve Waugh
Martyn
Gilchrist
Warne
Bichel
Lee
McGrath

That side pwned everyone though. Except for India in India and even then was an all time batting innings that stopped them, people forget Aus were belting India big time before Laxman/Dravid partnership.

IronMan2009 said:
When are they going to throw kitchen sink. They don't have pathan to go after.

India have wised up and cut down on the Pathans.

Here comes the greatest bowler in the world! :wasim

They were okay when they started. After Yuvraj started hitting good length balls they went off the boil.

IronMan2009 said:
Ryder looks like exploding any minute. He looks like orc from Lord of the Rings.

He is a very talented player. In a good team he would be sitting down at number 6, learning the game and his own game.

But that is the curse of NZ cricket, they are put into the team too young, have to learn on the spot in international cricket, get burnt out and retire early.

Ryder clobbers BBIW for 4 through cover, then 2, then another 4 :wasim

I think they should mainly use Ryder as how they used Greatbatch in 1992. He should be used as an impact player. He has all the power needed to explode at the top. Adding a bit of method to his madness can make him a dangerous player.

India was only 58 after 10. So they can take their time to settle down especially McCullum.

They aren't going to get anywhere near the target, not without Irfan Pathan bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back