New Zealand V India | Second Test | Wellington | Day 4 | 17th February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosa

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Good fight back shown by New Zealand. Can they took a reasonable lead and challenge India here?

You must be kidding me :D

This test match is safely in the pocket of India and only formalities remain. Match starts in 30 mins and stay tuned for an Indian victory :108:

Indeed it will be 10-1 tonight ;-)

Macca is fast becoming a very inspirational leader, a match saving/winning innings here will bring him to top of the crop among the best kiwi skippers, so i'm rooting for him. But with indias batting lineup even 250 wont be enough which looks improbable

If india take a wicket in the first 10 overs the match is in their pocket.

First session is so key. India have been in the field for basically 100 overs this innings. The bowlers are bound to tire soon and if India get little to no success in the first session the morale will drop big time.

For NZ they must see out the first session, for India they must get an early wicket.

If they can drag it through till at least half the day and hopefully if the pitch deteriorates, then we're in for a scorcher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on BLACK CAPS you better not give India their first win since the Roman Empire was still in town.

Said yesterday that NZ would have to go all day without losing a wicket to get in the match and it seems they have... well they lost 1 wicket.

They should be able to get a draw if they don't lose 2-3 wickets in the first 2 hours.

Jokes, zaheer gettin pwned tho

get those pacers into the 40+ over mark. They don't have anyone like Neil Wagner or Tino Best who would run in all day at 100 % effort.

NZ needs to get a lead of 250-270 and then game will be very interesting.

Positive attitude by NZ, they have been going at rate 4.5 since the day started.

This is NZ's 5th best stand against india and 2nd best is this series which was made in last test.

Why is ZAK expecting wickets by bowling on far offside and leg side?

Here we go again.

Unable to dislodge McCullum and Watling.

If India blows this game, MSD will surely give up Test captaincy.

NZ needs another 200 runs and then game is on.

Are bmac and bj lookin good? Cant watch the match live...

Pitch looks like a perfect batting paradise.

IMO, you have to be a real quick bowler to get wickets here. When pitch is not giving anything to the bowler, the true talent of the bowler will come out.

From the looks of this, unless NZ batsmen throw it away, our bowlers are not going to get anything.

Even bangladesh wouldn't have blown it from the position we were,this is just lame :facepalm:

Kohli getting plenty of abuses on another Indian forum :91:

Both Kholi and Ishant desrve a big kick in the balls.

Putting down easiest of chances like that is terrible.

Last time, India dropped McCullum twice in 1st test, he scored a double hundred. He looks all set to score another one.

NZ is still deep in danger zone, couple of quick wickets here and an easy 8-9 wicket win for India.

Last edited:
From what I've been reading, the match is turning out to be a real thriller.

Unfortunately though, I can't watch the first session and half today because strangely our school's holidays begin a week later than schools in the Wakefield district. I couldn't bear another night of staying up until 1 watching cricket - I desperately need some sleep and besides, the last time I stayed up until 1 on a school day I was absolutely shattered the whole of the next day.

From what I've been reading, the match is turning out to be a real thriller.

Unfortunately though, I can't watch the first session and half today because strangely our school's holidays begin a week later than schools in the Wakefield district. I couldn't bear another night of staying up until 1 watching cricket - I desperately need some sleep and besides, the last time I stayed up until 1 on a school day I was absolutely shattered the whole of the next day.

Have a good day at school :)

So glad McCullum is focusing on improving his test cricket. People remember great Test players longer than they do great ODI sloggers. Keep at it. Get 20 centuries.

NZ is still deep in danger zone, couple of quick wickets here and an easy 8-9 wicket win for India.

That will be a sad end to this test. Hope NZ can put up 275 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back