New Zealand vs Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Queenstown| 26/01/11 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
read this comment on cricinfo:
The Joker doesn't seem to be joking when he suggests: "What they need to do in small countries like NZ is hire a small plane for each team that can fly them to another ground in NZ within a few hours. I live in Rotorua and its the sunniest day we have had for a while, which is only a few hours flight! (not that we would get an ODI here but you get the point)."

Lol I wonder what Simon Dull would say to that?!!!:afridi

If NZ females love sun bathing, why don't they do rain bathing ? I mean, does anyone have a live camera for the weather at the ground ? I am getting worried about the cricket match actually.

General Pervaz Ashfaq Kanyani nay Zardari phir AK47 chalahi lekin American bodyguard nay appni jann dayde

yeh kia news hai bhai :D

Mood aur bi off hogaya. Pehle daffa koi kaam ka kaam karne jarah tah or uska kaam nakaam hogaya.

lol look at this in Cricinfo:
14.40 Omair Siddiqui's an optimist: "Look at the bright side! Now this series will have a result! A 6-game series could have ended up 3-3!"

If NZ females love sun bathing, why don't they do rain bathing ? I mean, does anyone have a live camera for the weather at the ground ? I am getting worried about the cricket match actually.

that is going to be annoucned Off in couple of minutes bro

I think even NZ try and avoid this venue as there have only been 8 ODIs since 2003 :13:

Might as well make this an indoor stadium :pissed:

ok, done with biryaani. bad news for all, its still raining, covers are on, and i dont see any chance of play based on what i see in live pictures. time for isha.

I think even NZ try and avoid this venue as there have only been 8 ODIs since 2003 :13:

init. don't understand the logic behind keeping odi match at this place its more of a Holiday resort and with weather like this it will lose that title as well.

Btw, cut-off time for play to start is 4.35pm. Given that it's still raining and the outfield's wet, expect the umpires to call off the game sometime soon
ffs I just h88888 rain

ok, done with biryaani. bad news for all, its still raining, covers are on, and i dont see any chance of play based on what i see in live pictures. time for isha.

aur meri tahajud ka time hua!

Allah hafiz guys enjoy your day/night what everit might be and for you lot i hope you see some sort of cricket with positive ending. Shabba Khair aur Khudafiz see you lot on Sat Morninh 1am UK time.

Congratulations Pakistan on 31/0 in 4.2 overs, and that's all we will see.

OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED.

init. don't understand the logic behind keeping odi match at this place its more of a Holiday resort and with weather like this it will lose that title as well.

Exactly the way I feel about having cricket (especially a World Cup) in the West Indies. Rain is bound to screw a team over sooner or later.

LOL, why yaar :D

***Giggity giggity goo***

All right!
quagmire.gif

of which two have been cancelled , this may be the 3rd one . this ground may be cursed :vettori

Update 07:20 AM: The latest pictures show a very bleak picture. It is absolutely pelting down in Queenstown. Play has to start in 1 hour and 45 minutes in order to have a 20-20 game. The umpires, however, will have to make a decision in about 20 minutes as to whether play can continue or not. The groundstaff need about 40-45 minutes to drain the excess water off the outfield. There are hardly 5-6 people remaining in the ground. It does not look good.
**** take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd just like to make a note. I am watching the game on the direct broadcaster feed (from willow), and the thing looked very... staged when Ian Smith came on mic and said the game is called off.

I feel as though they went ahead and recorded the clip for when the game is called off, because it is not on Cricinfo yet.

Or maybe that was live, I'm not sure.

Either way the groundstaff were in a big circle in the middle of the ground, but now are walking back. So possibly it is indeed called off and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'd just like to make a note. I am watching the game on the direct broadcaster feed (from willow), and the thing looked very... staged when Ian Smith came on mic and said the game is called off.

I feel as though they went ahead and recorded the clip for when the game is called off, because it is not on Cricinfo yet.

Or maybe that was live, I'm not sure.

Lol, you believe Crapinfo more then a Live broadcast? :facepalm:

How come your still not a sleep? :p

Ok, they've just played the clip again :)))

I guess I was right, it was staged, and now it is definitely called off.

LOL anakwalajinn :)))

you're the man bro. BTW I think I sent you a message on FB...must've been someone else :manzoor

Bro since we didn't have a match today, can you simulate one where we won? :ahmed

hahahaha

u know I started playing the "2nd ODI" akmal gone in 1st over. mr :ahamd and yk were boom booming like this one. but I turned it off :( lol. maybe I can do a 20 over or 30 over if possible with same squad. pretending that the rain stopped

on facebook? what did u search for? I am hidden on facebook. no one can find me unless we have some mutual friends ;) r u friends with mrpakistan?

hahahaha

u know I started playing the "2nd ODI" akmal gone in 1st over. mr :ahamd and yk were boom booming like this one. but I turned it off :( lol. maybe I can do a 20 over or 30 over if possible with same squad. pretending that the rain stopped

on facebook? what did u search for? I am hidden on facebook. no one can find me unless we have some mutual friends ;) r u friends with mrpakistan?

LOL, then I contacted the wrong guy....I am friends with MrPakistan :ahmed

And after the clip we're back to live pictures of nothing...

But a guy is blowing his horn?

This is confusing.

Secondly, I know that they record stuff for future use is because during test series right after day's play if I fell asleep I'd awake to the Sky NZ people making their highlights package.

So I know they do it.

LOL, then I contacted the wrong guy....I am friends with MrPakistan :ahmed

hahahaah. hm... if u dont wanna put ur name here so I can search you up then go to his friends list. see a guy with a flying goalkeeper in his DP. thats me. message me from there. is it possible? :)

Waited for five days and kept myself awake just to see the match abounded!

Brendan: "I hate to say it guys, but rain is forecast for the 3rd ODI in Christchurch this Saturday as well. Could this be a repeat of the Windies ODI series in 2009??? A no result in Queenstown, a rain affected result in Christchurch (that went to the Windies by the way) and a no result at Eden Park in which Martin Guptill smacked his 100 on debut! Geez, i'm sure this is deva'vu!!!

Update 07:20 AM: The latest pictures show a very bleak picture. It is absolutely pelting down in Queenstown. Play has to start in 1 hour and 45 minutes in order to have a 20-20 game. The umpires, however, will have to make a decision in about 20 minutes as to whether play can continue or not. The groundstaff need about 40-45 minutes to drain the excess water off the outfield. There are hardly 5-6 people remaining in the ground. It does not look good.

Cricinfo is still posting comments from users and has not announced that it's abandoned yet :))

hahahah I said message me not add me :danish

I will remove u if u dont have any hot pics from summer vacations...

jk :farhat

To deceive rain gods, next time they should schedule 12 ODI's in every series in NZ ... 9 games for the rain and 3 for play.

I'm still holding on to that 1 lil hope of a match hehe am not leaving until the match is officially abandoned!

Is this the first PP Commentary thread, where there has been 2000 posts without any play?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back