New Zealand vs Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Queenstown| 26/01/11 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
in 26 more minutes

New Zealand have won the toss and they will bowl first

Cricinfo has just updated headline

The cricketing world is dead

Hi there, welcome to New Zealand v Pakistan.

Toss: New Zealand have chosen to bowl in overcast conditions.

"It's overcast. It should assist the bowlers early on. We were well led by Tim Southee. Not only because he took 5 wickets, but the areas he bowled .... Jamie How comes in from Nathan McCullum. Pretty tough on Nathan but we just want to test all permutation and combinations."

Afridi: We have some time to do experimentation in the World Cup because you cant do experiments in the world cup. Akhtar , Shafiq, and Abdur Rehman are out: Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul, and Shahzad in."

What a beautiful place and stadium this is. Afridi gushes: " I feel i am in heaven. This place is beautiful"

Lets see what Pakistan can do today. Hopefully it will be a match winning performance from the men in green.

I'd attack from the beginning, and try to set a good total. DL Method will come into play, so Afridi should keep that in mind...But too bad he doesn't have one.

What a charming place this is. Afridi gushes: " I feel i am in heaven. This place is beautiful"
Did afridi really say this??? :0

Now I have to stay up, and then tomorrow drive my mom all over the city and then back to the village.

Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal†, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz

Afridi thinks he is in heaven. Expect him to go nuts today. I say he scores 100 :)

Afridi: We have some time to do experimentation in the World Cup because you cant do experiments in the world cup. Akhtar , Shafiq, and Abdur Rehman are out: Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul, and Shehzad in."
What a charming place this is. Afridi gushes: " I feel i am in heaven. This place is beautiful"

I'd attack from the beginning, and try to set a good total. DL Method will come into play, so Afridi should keep that in mind...But too bad he doesn't have one.

Only you seem to have one. Attack from the start lose early wickets so that when rain comes in by that time the match is over.

Wah, Kia Mashwara hai. :jm

Mistakes from last game.

making right decision after winning toss depending on the wicket rather than pre planned.
From Donald's statement of warning 'Pakistan to be ready for for more fast bowling'
I feel this would be spinning and slower track.
Vetorri has figures of 5 for 7 on this ground.

In case of spinning track, Rehman is a must due to Kiwi's poor performance againg Bangladeshi left arm spinners.

If the ball is just outside off, batsmen should either leave pull or dab on side rather than trying to cut through hands of fielder (esp for akmals, razzaq ).

minimize dot ball by taking short single through slow dabs on and off wicket

open bowling with Razzaq if it's swinging b/c he can take wicket with the new ball.

Afridi is technically weaker than Misbah, and Yunus. More over having clueless think tank to support him but the major cause of defeat was everyone playing for self rather than team.

Pakistan has to play as a team if they want to win the game.

Afridi and Razzaq have to perform and lead from the front.

Too bad Kiwi won the toss.

Vettori deciding to bowl first which means he successfully bluffed Pakistan to bat first in the last game.

Vettori again made statement of wanting to bat first but decided otherwise after winning the toss.

The only way kiwis can beat us is through mind games and disharmony, self mistakes of Pakistan Team

Afridi thinks he is in heaven. Expect him to go nuts today. I say he scores 100 :)

Afridi: We have some time to do experimentation in the World Cup because you cant do experiments in the world cup. Akhtar , Shafiq, and Abdur Rehman are out: Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul, and Shehzad in."

Yes, hes gona open a can of whoop. . . .;-)

Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal†, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz

too bad we're batting first, would have shot them out for 60 or 70.

I have to stay up, and not worry about going to work tomorrow, booked a day off :D

I have the day off from Hospital, but then as Mom is here so even though I have the day off, it won't be off after all.

Only you seem to have one. Attack from the start lose early wickets so that when rain comes in by that time the match is over.

Wah, Kia Mashwara hai. :jm

Lol, we lose early wickets either way . . . .

We are screwed, if only we won the toss they would be out for nothing as well.

Very diplomatic words from Afridi -

Shoaib's been rested, last match Gul and Wahab were rested so they'd get a break after the Tests, this is all to get the experiments in before the WC.

Credit where it's due? :)

In each of the six previous completed matches in Queenstown, the team winning the toss has chosen to field, and gone on to win the match

In their only previous match in Queenstown, Pakistan successfully chased down 236, which is the highest total at the venue

toss decide the game here. team bowling first has advantage. I dont see us winning this one.

please do not ask for or distribute illegal streams.

thank you.

yes, NZ won toss. first victory for Afridi. am feeling good man today.

atleast that option is crossed out from blame lists :afridi

Please do not ask for or post links to illegal stream. Private messaging is disabled so don't even bother.

Pakistan is the only overseas team to have won an ODI on this ground

Damn!! NZ won the toss?!!? No surprise in seeing them electing to bowl first.

100% wins for teams who bowl first at this ground! Can Pakistan make history?!

We shouldnt let Southee settle in. If we ,somehow, make him bowl short then it'll definitely make life a lot easier for our batters.

Take chances on his fuller deliveries. Just go for it. :hafeez, :afridi

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised Akhtar was left out though...sure he got hit for a few, but I would rather replace Umar Akmal with someone.

In each of the six previous completed matches in Queenstown, the team winning the toss has chosen to field, and gone on to win the match

In their only previous match in Queenstown, Pakistan successfully chased down 236, which is the highest total at the venue

well, that's not very reassuring.

Damn!! NZ won the toss?!!? No surprise in seeing them electing to bowl first.

100% wins for teams who bowl first at this ground! Can Pakistan make history?!

We have also posted the highest total on this ground..
:umarakmal,:razzaq will make sure that we go past the highest total on this ground today..

All 6 games won here have been won by team chasing!

Conditions always are lob sided in new zealand. basically you win toss bowl 1st and then bat when things flatten out and get better!

2nd good sign

lala is in the heavens mean, he's going to distribute many bowlers into hell

I dont understand why the hell is Rehman dropped??? this doesnt makes any sense?

Is it becoz the pitch isnt for spinners?

Happy to see Gul n Riaz returned to the side with Shehzaad aswell and good to see Kami sent down cuz he may find some form down the order and hope the top order fires today and inshallah we have a good bowling attack so we have good chance. IF we make 240+ it will be a winning score

My eyes are on Ahmed Shehzad didn't see much of him but is said to be the youngest talented batsman of Pak though people say a lot of things here.

ao milke gaye hum ye taranaaaaaaaaaaa

duniyaaa ko hai dikhanaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

humse hai ye zamanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

All the matches so far on this ground being won comprehensively by team batting second

Seriously Sky?? Its 10 minutes to the match and you're still showing rugby???

I dont understand why the hell is Rehman dropped??? this doesnt makes any sense?

Happy to see Gul n Riaz returned to the side with Shehzaad aswell and good to see Kami sent down cuz he may find some form down the order and hope the top order fires today and inshallah we have a good bowling attack so we have good chance. IF we make 240+ it will be a winning score

bhai jaan we are playing in new zealand under overcast conditions, no one plays 3 spinners in such conditions. you need 3 frontline seamers

exactly its senseless to play 3 spinners in NZ

497 users online.

c'mon guys, let's get on PP shall we!

Tough task setting a solid total once again.

Hopefully 200+ and with some good bowling, a 'historic' win might just be on the cards. :afridi

I think a shorten game is good for Pakistan. i just feel it will be, 35 overs will be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back