NZ-PAK-BD Tri-series | Pakistan v Bangladesh | Christchurch | 7 October 2022 | Pre-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Lot has been said and is known about the capabilities of the Pakistan squad but what XI should we go with?

Remember, that we are now in the final stages of our prep for the World Cup, so we have to go in with our best XI or should we experiment further?

==

Pakistan squad for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup and NZ tri-series: (changes can be made to the squad till 15 October, without needing the Event Technical Committee’s approval):

Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Shadab Khan (vice-captain) (Northern), Asif Ali (Northern), Haider Ali (Northern), Haris Rauf (Northern), Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Khushdil Shah (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Mohammad Rizwan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Wasim Junior (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Naseem Shah (Southern Punjab), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shan Masood (Balochistan) and Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)

The Pakistan squad has arrived in New Zealand to participate in the tri-series

All the matches of the tri-series will be played in Christchurch

The squad includes 16 players and 13 sports staff members.

Training in Christchurch will start from Thursday after a day's rest

Pakistan will play its first match in the tri-series against Bangladesh on October 7

pak2.JPGpak1.JPGpak4.JPGCapture.JPG

Pakistan will play its first match in the tri-series against Bangladesh on October 7

View attachment 117284View attachment 117285View attachment 117282View attachment 117283

Khushdil in his life has been to NZ and Australia two or three times for a paid holiday

I’ve never been once!

Khushdil in his life has been to NZ and Australia two or three times for a paid holiday

I’ve never been once!
No man not that trash khushdil Shah again.
Arggghhhhhhhh.
So so so frustrated right now.

Lot has been said and is known about the capabilities of the Pakistan squad but what XI should we go with?

Remember, that we are now in the final stages of our prep for the World Cup, so we have to go in with our best XI or should we experiment further?

==

Pakistan squad for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup and NZ tri-series: (changes can be made to the squad till 15 October, without needing the Event Technical Committee’s approval):

Babar Azam (captain) (Central Punjab), Shadab Khan (vice-captain) (Northern), Asif Ali (Northern), Haider Ali (Northern), Haris Rauf (Northern), Iftikhar Ahmed (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Khushdil Shah (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Hasnain (Sindh), Mohammad Nawaz (Northern), Mohammad Rizwan (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Mohammad Wasim Junior (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Naseem Shah (Southern Punjab), Shaheen Shah Afridi (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Shan Masood (Balochistan) and Usman Qadir (Central Punjab)

Guys who is showing it in the UK?

Surely the money spent on Khusdil’s travel and expenses could be better served in Pakistan right now?

View attachment 117284View attachment 117285View attachment 117282View attachment 117283

Which 16 players?

It was a 15 man squad and Shaheen isn't there yet I think.

So have they taken 2 additional players?

Come on Khushdil, time to bring thunder and brimstone to NZ. Show them all what a great batsman you are!

Seriously don’t feel like watching likes of khushdil asif Shan on the field again… feel no excitement at all

Bangladesh are a terrible team in T20I's so you can expect a close game here.

Khushdil and Qadir are waste of space and Shaheen not fully fit which leaves it to 12, so the final 11 pretty much gets picked what are we trying to prove repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results this is foolishness at its peak

Is Fakhar healthy? Seems likely to come back in the lineup considering Haider & Khushdil struggles.

At this point, Pakistan have Babar/Rizwan/???/Ifti/???/Asif are secured spots in the batting lineup with two spots still up for grabs. Has to be a bit disappointing for management that despite Asia Cup & England series, those spots still remain a question mark.

Their new opening batsmen might surprise you. And they have an army guy who could bowl bouncers at will.

Pakistan approach is not right , selectors want Nawaz and shadab to be promoted up as batsman , if your bowlers will bat up , where will middle order bat ? The middle order is non existent.

So a warm up series on small grounds were boundaries are about 50 meters and miss hits go for 6, conditions nothing like Australia. Where wickets are quick bouncy and huge boundaries.

Waste of time warm up series. Should have scheduled warm up games in Australia instead.

Pakistan approach is not right , selectors want Nawaz and shadab to be promoted up as batsman , if your bowlers will bat up , where will middle order bat ? The middle order is non existent.

nawaz is a glorified tail ender with bat but it seems hes the novelty fake batting all rounder for all formats now.

This is level of stupidity from Babar, Saqlain and Mo wasim.

I’ve never been once!

I went there to watch 2015 WC but spent a lot of my own money, this guy is lucky, free trip .

If that parchi khushdil Shah gets selected in the playing 11 again. I hope he gets the stick from crowd again. He deserves it so so much.

Not sure why are they playing so many games. Who needs this much of preparation for a T20 world cup?! Such a waste...too many games will only end up exhausting and/or injuring important players. Middle order is toothless and based on their skill set seen so far, they just don't seem to have it to play international cricket. Struggle is likely to continue with them

So our humiliation Final Chapter on the way from Emirates to Lahore to now Southern Hemisphere

nawaz is a glorified tail ender with bat but it seems hes the novelty fake batting all rounder for all formats now.

He plays as a bowler in t20s not a batting allrounder.
He is one of the 5 bowlers, promoting him up at times doesn't change that.

I still feel Pak need to try Shadab at 4 to replicate what he does for IU in Psl,

He can't be worse than Khusdil.

Also if they can get Fakhar, Imad or maybe Azam than it can help in middle order batting.

So a warm up series on small grounds were boundaries are about 50 meters and miss hits go for 6, conditions nothing like Australia. Where wickets are quick bouncy and huge boundaries.

Waste of time warm up series. Should have scheduled warm up games in Australia instead.

India will be playing against Western Australia. Perth Scorchers is definitely the most consistent team in the BBL.

Good to see Naseem again. Heard he contracted pneumonia and must have been recovering all throughout the England series.

Head shots:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/hbiuhq" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

He plays as a bowler in t20s not a batting allrounder.
He is one of the 5 bowlers, promoting him up at times doesn't change that.

He was used as a so called batting all rounder in SL test series.

If hes used as a bowler who can hold a bat fair enough, but he wasnt in test matches.

They all are clueless, soon after the WT20 early exit , could see some new faces in management and ppl who back the theory and win % will also be grounded to earth

Also if they can get Fakhar, Imad or maybe Azam than it can help in middle order batting.
I'm just looking up Imad's batting numbers in Australia - averages 5.66 at SR of 94.

There really is no hope :31:

Best to start preparing for ENG Test series instead.

I'm just looking up Imad's batting numbers in Australia - averages 5.66 at SR of 94.

There really is no hope :31:

Best to start preparing for ENG Test series instead.

That’s exactly what they have done when they announced the squad with Shan Masood in it

Didn't realise they were playing another tournament before the WC, sort of feeling apathetic towards this.

Didn't realise they were playing another tournament before the WC, sort of feeling apathetic towards this.

Oh God another final where we will win the toss and bowl first :))

So many opportunities to test new players yet management is adamant to play same players again and again

This series is good to have but the home series against England was useless.

The fatigue factor may kick in, and our already weak players will be out of gas when the WC starts

Should’ve not played against England that resulted in millions of dollars in loss. And it had no benefit towards the WC due to being played in a totally different environment.

I hope our bowlers don’t get injured during this tri series - and I hope the idiotic management is fully aware of this high risk undertaking.

Dahani has got to be the most over rated bowler of modern times.

Oh God another final where we will win the toss and bowl first :))

I was hoping that having to chase big targets may let them re-evaluate their batting first approach.

Sadly, it's still the 'oh we want to set a target of 170' whereby they end up reaching 150/160 thinking its a job well done as they only missed the 'par' score by 10-15 runs.

They then stand around after the match scratching their heads wondering what happened when the opposition chase down the target in 15 overs.

Another micky mouse series hopefully Babar Azam will improve as captain and I don't car about results this squad is incapable to excel in pyjama format

Not many glorified tailenders can make 40 of 20 balls against India.

Fakhar will be fit for the world cup squad and he's going to be batting in the top 3.

Bangla Wash T20I series :)
FeSY4o2aEAAOoc_

Bangla Wash series. So Pak and NZ will wash Bangladesh during this series.

They can use all this free time to upgrade their English speaking skills. New Zealand at home will walk the series rather easily. I expect them to hammer Pak nice and hard.

Practice ahead of the 1st Match

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.604%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/i3l6ih" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

I am sure khushdil and shaan will play first game. Babar won't make any changes.

I hope this series helps middle order to get there confidence back.

Don't think they will survive Boult if they come early.

I am gonna watch just to find how Shan gets out this time, or scores his 50 off the edges.

Pakistan squad practices ahead of the Tri-series opener vs Bangladesh tomorrow (Pictures courtesy of the PCB)

e2dd4e9b-1389-44b9-a273-8e2b46fe509e.jpgf13c3f3b-185a-4fb9-a90a-334a6ebdc772.jpg47428450-ae1d-4f2e-8c96-8b4342d7843a.jpg23f2a1e0-4e74-4a3d-a92b-9c5c480542de.jpg

Babar speaking ahead of the Tri-series opener:

Pakistan will benefit a lot from the tri-nation series in New Zealand

These matches against New Zealand and Bangladesh will help in the preparation of T20 World Cup

No team is easy to play in T20 International cricket

The New Zealand team will prove to be a tough opponent in their home conditions

New Zealand have experienced players like Kane Williamson, Tim Southee and Trent Boult

We feel that conditions here are similar to Australia and playing on the bouncy pitches here will prepare for the World Cup

Against England, we tried different combinations, which showed our strengths and weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back