ODI 1: Pak innings Cochin, scoreboard and discussion threa [1/04/05]d

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
Bismillah-e-Rahmane-Rahim!

Here we go again!

The test series are over and the ODI circus moves into town - Can Inzi and co continue with the positive momentum or will we see an Indian revival ?

Pls wait until close to start of play before posting here thanks.

irfan pathan not playing!!!!!!!

and ms dhoni in so dravid is pure batsman

any news on team Pakistan? please let Rana be in there!!!

hmmm...if we're chasing..that cud just be a good thing if this is a good batting track...

Annie said:
hmmm...if we're chasing..that cud just be a good thing if this is a good batting track...

our batting lineup is at its most destructive when we are setting a target. but it should be a good contest nonetheless.

i think inzi should have opted to field first if he won the toss so i think it doesn't matter that the indians won...reasons:

1) the average score in the first AND second innings at this ground is almost the same, so it doesn't matter who bats first/second.

2) since that is not under consideration anymore, we have to realise that inzi and co have done better while chasing in ODI's in the recent past.

so the decision of the indian captain suits us..

our batting lineup is at its most destructive when we are setting a target. but it should be a good contest nonetheless.

well we are not bad chasers either...it's not like b4 where chasing was a crime...we can win either way really...esp. if the track is a good one...

"India have played here on three occasions, they won against Australia(97-98) and South Africa(99-2000) but suffered a shock defeat against Zimbabwe in 2001-02.

Kochi pitch has always been on the batsman's side, In six innings at this venue, there have been three scores of more than 300 and the last two games here have been won by the team batting second."

India team:
V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, *SC Ganguly, R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh,
M Kaif, +MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, L Balaji, Z Khan, A Nehra.

Pakistan team:
+Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, *Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana,
Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi,
Mohammad Sami, Arshad Khan, Naved-ul-Hasan.

India have played here on three occasions, they won against
Australia(97-98) and South Africa(99-2000) but suffered a shock
defeat against Zimbabwe in 2001-02.
Kochi pitch has always been on the batsman's side, In six innings
at this venue, there have been three scores of more than 300 and
the last two games here have been won by the team batting second.

This is interesting............team batting second has won last two ODI's here...:) INSHALLAH

I think this pitch is a little different Annie. I hope youre right but it just seems like the indians have done some hanky panky here! made it spinner friendly and are batting first so it deteriorates later on. lets see!

Indian eleven
Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Mahendra Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Zaheer Khan and Ashish Nehra.

Pakistan eleven:
Kamran Akmal, Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Yousuf Youhana, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Arshad Khan, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan.

Younis Khan, suffering from fever will miss today's match. :(

why the HELL IS HAFEEZ there damn it!

so kami and salman to open the batting then...

good to see rana back :)

Looks like we might see a repeat of karachi 2004 although this time inshallah pakistan will win!!!

annie Hafeez is there more for hiw bowling. the pitch is spinner friendly and we needed 6 bowlers. Hafeez is our best bet for bowler number 6.

maybe kami won't open...we don't know until we see the players walking out onto the pitch

Hafeez is there more for hiw bowling. the pitch is spinner friendly and we needed 6 bowlers. Hafeez is our best bet for bowler number 6.

yea, but he's not that great a bowler either...

wishing so badly that malik cud bowl...useless hafeez is taking up a spot that cud go to some1 more worthwhile...

maybe kami won't open...we don't know until we see the players walking out onto the pitch

well kami has opened b4 supposedly in 1st class, and afridi is supposedly not going to be opening...so that doesn't leave many other options...malik will likely remain at 3 where he belongs...

$#&^%#&$^%&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sehwag dropped AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell is this!!

BLOODY hafeez drops Sehwag first Ball............OMG

ghreat....hafeez drops sehwag on the first ball.....this is the best start we could've possibly asked for

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

chalo bhai...starting the game in pakistan style...with a nice dropped catch....

afridi will likely not open...acc. to bob i believe...

and he ends the over by making a very good stop..

still can't make up for sehwag's wicket!!!!!!

1.1 Naved to Tendulkar, no run, outside off, swinging out, left alone

rana getting swing early..hopefully he can convert to some wickets

OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TENDI DIDI GONEEEEEEE

RAANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have been 4-2 but i guess u cant have everything!

Miscues a pull off Rana. Yoyo takes a simple catch at mid-wiket. YOOO HOOOOO

oh i luv hafeez...already showing why he was a definite choice...

dropped the danger man sehwag on 0! can it get any worse...

hafeez use to be one of our safest hands when he first got drafted into this team...not anymore!

and tendu bye bye....hellllooo rana!!

grrr both tendu and sehwag should have been gone , and this match should have been over...

Gangs gone first ball! Rana on a hatrick!

CUD is the word...but thanx to hafeez...we settle for 1 instead of 2 outs...

i hope that drop will not be costly and sehwag can be picked up...but he usually doesn't give too many chances...

No hatrick but a brilliant over from Rana!

oh my...ganguly...go learn how to bat guy..

the end to his captaincy nears... ;))

Can anyone remember Asia Cup 2004. Thats how Sami got him then. Around his legs!

well getting these 2 was not going to be hard...the big ones are at the crease...
damn it shud have been 3 down and then we'd really be in business...

now if sehwag departs...that will be time to celebrate!

4 off Sami. Unlucky boy, gets good bounce on that no ball but it went too high. Next ball Sehwag smashes him for 4.

Sehwag is tthe wicket we needed badly. Hafeez better not play again

i think somebody explained to Ganguly after the last test match that when the ball hits the wicket, he doesn't need to wait for the umpires decision :))

It was one mistake man. He redeemed himself later in the over slightly. Maybe he can do it further with the bat/ball or maybe take a spectacular catch.

sehwag apparently believes he is the only capable ODI batsman in the indian team...
hopefully this proudness will lead to his downfall today

Edge off Dravid to third man to finish the over. India 16-2 after 5 overs.

18-2 after 6. Good solid over there from Rana.

JUST ARRIVED GUYS

BRILLIANT BY RANA

RANA RANA RANA WOWWWWW :D :D :D :D

BOWLED!!

any news on PP tv guys? i emailed but no response ... in canada, nowhere to watch the game unless i dish out big moolas for each game.

Kamran drops Sehwag. Should have been taken. Sami again proves why he is one of the unluckiest bowlers in the world.

SEHWAG PUT DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!

BRILLIANT BY SAMI, unlucky

kamrans keeping has been real bad lately!!!!!

he dropped one in the practice ODI, and wasn't so great in the tests either !!!

LEADING EDGE BY SEHWAG OFF SAMI

Sehwag living a charmed life

Brilliant brilliant bowling by Sami

Is there any human being more unlucky than him?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can anyone question the heart, commitment or talent of Sami. he has given it his all today. people that do should be ashamed of themselves after watching this performance!

appeal till you squeal said:
how can anyone question the heart, commitment or talent of Sami. he has given it his all today. people that do should be ashamed of themselves after watching this performance!
AGREED 100%!!!!!

:D>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back