official day 5 thread

Bilal_Kureshi said:
by the way, how is the field placing.. I mean have they set up an umbrella field (sort of like bangalore) at Faisalabad right now?

not an umbrella.. but 3 close fielders for any mishits.
sorry bro, 3 mins to tea... so one more over.

According to Waqar the spinners havent impressed in the 2nd innings.

alghazzali said:
No if Flintoff falls, then we have a mighty chance.

Sad to see Kaneria being so impotent.

Disappointed by Danish to say the least.
But the match is not over yet. Spinners could come in after tea InshaAllah.

England will be disappointed to lose from here. I think they've done just enough to save themselves. Of course, except something dramatic happens..

2 wickets is all we need.

The rest will fall straight after.

Kaneria needs to get to Flintoff , Jones to Afridi.

Harami and Hoggy will fall to Akhtar.

We needed to have them 6 down at tea to stand a realistic chance of winning this game. Now it will have to be something special for us. Shoaib? Afridi? Rana? Danish? All four are capable.

Remember we do not have much time. England will take the light at the first opportunity and, let's face it, Hair is not going to want to stay out there for long!

just woke up here in denmark.....damn looks good for pakistan....and well done by inzi from the start.....now we just need those 5 wickets quick....! ;)

Actually, the Faisalabad wicket has a history of belonging to the pacers, even though it gives the opposite impression. This match proves yet again.

I am sure Hair will offer bad light to English batsmen as soon as he feels they are in trouble

SO, what do you think guys? I think the English shmucks will save the test due to the partnership just broken.

CrickFan said:
Is Kaneria an overrated bowler ...apart from being a big liablity on the field

No, he is a class bowler. It just looks like its not his game. He has been delivering consistently for such a long time. Once in a while, one can have a bad match. I hope he will in touch for the next match.

If you like to compare Kaneria to Warne, these are the situations where you realise Warne is streets ahead.

Warne would have taken atleast 2 by now. Kumble atleast 1.

Danish needs to learn on how to create pressure. His appealing is a disgrace to spinners.

He needs the Oohs and Aahs like Warne to create tension.

Guys stop throwing that term around. Liability. Sami is a liability, Kaneria is a liability we cant come this far by having two of our front line bowlers considered to be liabilities. Everyone has their days. If Shoaib and Rana are among the wickets then the other bowlers just need to support them by creating pressure. You bowl in pairs just like while batting.

this pitch is offering very very slow turn, so the spinners are not that effective. the bastmen have time to adjust for the spin. Kaneria seems to be having a bad test match anyway, it happens to everyone.

Sami on the other hand, always have bad matches, nothing new there :)) :))

Pakistan for my money HAVE to win here. If England win the toss and bat first in the final test then they could put us under all sorts of problems. As they proved in the ashes when they bat first and score over 400 (which they are more than capable of doing on 1st day pitches with 1st use of the wicket) then they put some real pressure on the oppostion. They will probably win the 3rd test if they win the toss. Pakistan need to win here to win the series unless they win the toss for the third time on the trot! Does anyone agree?

kaneria is a good bowler cant blame him for one bad game
sami is just rubish i used to think he would turn good but now ive realised he is LLAAMMMMEEE!!!!

if we draw this match i blame daryl hair and our fielding from the first innings so many catched droped unbelivable

Will this be the session that will change Pakistan Cricket forever .. A victory against "Pretenders"

alghazzali said:
Is Flintoff loking comfortable? How's Rana bowling? Are they fired up?

Flintoff playing sensibly. had a few close calls. rana bowling really good. bowling in the right spot. Shoaib onto bowl now.

Calm down its just 3 fours. Runs dont matter its wickets that count now.

Invictus said:
Calm down its just 3 fours. Runs dont matter its wickets that count now.

and that is why i was admiring his shots instead of getting angry

Match is a draw.

Pakistani Culprits:

Kaneria - nothing from him and terrible in the field
Pakistani fielding.

InshaAllah we will win...

Its a matter of 5 good balls in about 20 overs....
means we need 5 out of 120 balls.

I think we are putting in 2 many yorkers. Need to set the batsman up, with few away going deliveries, a bouncer and then slip in a yorker.

this jones guy i gutsy. we need to see the back of any one these two soon. we're styll in for a chance though. just 2 quick outs and its game on ...

alghazzali said:
Match is a draw.

Pakistani Culprits:

Kaneria - nothing from him and terrible in the field
Pakistani fielding.

Sami good for nothing. Even Abdul Razzaq is way better than him

Back