official day 5 thread

nafajafam said:
A side including mark boucher when there are other bettes options says a lot about pieterson's selection also.

So you don't think that after his one day performances in South Africa where he hit 3 centuries in difficult circumstances and in the one dayers against Australia including the one at Bristol which he single handedly won the game doesn't justify Pietersen being selected?!?!?!?!

Invictus said:
So Bob and Inzi have no say in the team selection. The best 16 are picked by the selectors themselves. I bet you did'nt hear Bob or Inzi praising Sami's efforts ever. I guess I am dillusional. But who are the bowlers that are better then Sami and are not in the team.

your a lost cause, i am not having this converastion anymore. Sami is a huge Liablilty, he will be gome sooon anway, if he keeps up his "performance", we dont have to owrry about him.

Furky2 said:
So you don't think that after his one day performances in South Africa where he hit 3 centuries in difficult circumstances and in the one dayers against Australia including the one at Bristol which he single handedly won the game doesn't justify Pietersen being selected?!?!?!?!

I am not saying pieterson is a bad player. just your example about world11 team didnt cut it.

I can't believe people are actually suggesting England might win! This is a draw!! Pakistan aren't even likely to win anymore unless they get a wicket before tea

Furky2 said:
Can I also ask Do you think Afridi would be doing as well as Pietersen is doing now for England in a similar position? and be honest not biased!

He would be doing better. He would be leading Pakistan to a victory! In the first second innings that was a very good delivery that got him out. In the first innings his innings was far better than Pieterson's innings and also was out in dubious cirucumstances. Pieterson just simply cannot match Afridi for strokeplay. Afridi is miles ahead in that department.

This is all over I think Pakistan should have declared earlier. I know they were trying to avoid defeat but sometimes you have to take the game by the scruff of the neck and go for victory. They have the bowlers (as proven by the beginning of the innings and the first test) to bowl England out for cheap. I can't help but think this is a missed opportunity for Pakistan. Should have been more positive!

Shez said:
Asim is in for butt I think.

Yeah Butt has a problem with his wrist. I saw Butt and the physio examining some x-ray's. Hope everything's OK for the final Test and ODI's

Furky2 said:
This is all over I think Pakistan should have declared earlier. I know they were trying to avoid defeat but sometimes you have to take the game by the scruff of the neck and go for victory. They have the bowlers (as proven by the beginning of the innings and the first test) to bowl England out for cheap. I can't help but think this is a missed opportunity for Pakistan. Should have been more positive!

i dont think so...
if england were 2 down at this stage with score line they might even be looing to try and win

England cheating by killing time and having drinks after every 2 overs

What a fantastic game!!

We have this, we should have this

Rana has freddie in trouble again.. God i wish we had a better seamer to back Shoaib and Rana !!

octavian said:
your a lost cause, i am not having this converastion anymore. Sami is a huge Liablilty, he will be gome sooon anway, if he keeps up his "performance", we dont have to owrry about him.

:))) :))) :))) Sure dude. The team is winning and they will drop Sami. Brilliant arguments though I am convinced burn sami at the stake.

What's all this bowling round the wicket rubbish, come over the wicket Danish

100-4 England.

We can expect our former 'greats' blaming inzi for selfish batting and not declaring earlier.

Pieterson gone!!! Asim Kamal takes a brilliant catch running in!

I just caught the end of it. Did anyone give him a sendoff?

brilliant bowling Rana.. had Freddie in all sorts of trouble in his previuos 2 overs. finally gets KP.

Oh man Sami, learn a thing man !

octavian said:
brilliant bowling Rana.. had Freddie in all sorts of trouble in his previuos 2 overs. finally gets KP.

Oh man Sami, learn a thing man !

Rana is a great thinking bowler, varying the pace and line. Sami is one-dimensional...just pace.

by the way, how is the field placing.. I mean have they set up an umbrella field (sort of like bangalore) at Faisalabad right now?

Back