Official: Pakistan Vs England 1st Test Day 5 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmison is questioning the catch. Umpires are confering. Guys its not finished yet. Wait before you celebrate!

now please someone provide the highlight of 4th and 5th day..u guys are good at that..I can not wait

botham being so arrogant "i see this is nothing but a hiccup for england remember they lost the first test to australia" wat a f***er! I hope well kill the poms this series 3-0 just to shut this a hole up

CONGRATS EVERYONE.... ESPECIALLY THOSE IN NORTH AMERICA... still up at 3:30am
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sars_pal said:
Congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been really gr8 to follow thos game with you guys also!! hopw you will root for the West Indies with me later on we need all the support we can!!

but well played this is awesome

Will do.

:19:

500 us bux for salman for the maximum boundary's award (are u sure tresco didnt hit more?)

MOTM Salman Butt As Well (500 Us As Well)

The_Cricket_Devil said:
500 us bux for salman for the maximum boundary's award (are u sure tresco didnt hit more?)

MOTM Salman Butt As Well (500 Us As Well)

Not sure but he got the award.. am watching it

Salman "I think this was my best innings as I was able to help Pakistan in their time of need"

"2nd innings was better because more pressure there"

"England is good but we have worked really hard"

yea im watching it as well im just thinking if tresco didnt get more but then agn this was 2 innings tresco just had 1 so prolly tahts why

no tresco hit 20 i think and salman hit about 23...

anyways who got the MOTM award ???

Butt says we heard lot about england and now we have seen them, I will carry from to second test.
Trescothic,
WE should have applied ourselves we are playing for the first time we will work hard and come back strong
next test we will prepare better and win, vaughn will prpbably play
Inzimam
gets the check, remarkable chaeck urdu interview thank God
Sab se pehley allah ka shukar, main khsh hun, sab ne mehnat kee, fightback quaity hay jonsey larkey haein, jaan lagaa dee, turning point was 3 wickets this morning, shukar hey allah ka, bowler ne zabardast kya mere sheher Multan mein sab ka shukria, mein multan mein jeeta hun

Inzi praising bowlers and fielders for working really hard to defend wat was a small total and thanking multan crowd

Oh what I would give to see the look on Botham's face right now. The biggest joy of my life was to see tears in his eyes when Imran was lifting the world cup throphy. I guess I am going to get sick and take some time off of work for the next match.

Great Team effort. I am so proud of our team. Paksitanies are so great and unpredictable

Botham is such a shmuck. Beta, you will get more hiccups for a few days. Pakistan's confidence will be high in the next two tests. Well done boys.

Went for meeting about an hour ago - England needed 47 to win

Cannot explain how I feel !!

Superb comeback from Pakistan after the first innings seals a well-deserved victory. England will be disappointed because their middle order collapse was mostly self-inflicted. Geraint Jones played really well but he has a serious technical issue with the ball coming back into him which is getting shown up on a regular basis.

Well played Pakistan.

Amazing performance by Pakistan. Hats off to the whole team, especially Salman, Danish and Shoaib. Brilliant victory.... congrats all.

salman butt may have played the most mature innings ive ever seen by a 21 yr old

for those that missed some of the match like me.. highlights are coming on
sky sports at 4pm and 8pm.. cant wait to watch them now...

HAFRIDI said:
:135: :135: :135: :135: :136: :136: :136:

:109: :109:

PAK BLAZING!!!

BEST MATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!

I think I was more excited during the 3rd test in India but that might be because we had a lot of guests at our house that morning and we were all huddled around the TV prayung for wickets to fall and then time was running at the end of the day, Afridi bowling Ganguly with THAT ball, Gambhir being told to calm down by Dravid then being yorked next ball by Sami, Afridi smashing a quick fifty to set up a declaration, that was amazing.

Although this one is still amazing because it's against a much better team and we were down and out and at one point people were thinking of an innings defeat, it still hasn't sunk in what's just happened

yes big mac along with that it was superb, i was on the edge of my seat in that 3rd test, similar situation, great games! dani is the man!

Big Mac said:
I think I was more excited during the 3rd test in India but that might be because we had a lot of guests at our house that morning and we were all huddled around the TV prayung for wickets to fall and then time was running at the end of the day, Afridi bowling Ganguly with THAT ball, Gambhir being told to calm down by Dravid then being yorked next ball by Sami, Afridi smashing a quick fifty to set up a declaration, that was amazing.

Although this one is still amazing because it's against a much better team and we were down and out and at one point people were thinking of an innings defeat, it still hasn't sunk in what's just happened
for me this was better because.
1. in that match there was draw vs win here it was win or loose
2.england are recently playing better than any other team
3. this was the first match of series and wiining will be and important edge for rest of series

We are just awesome. The look on the faces of all the english is priceless

Congrats to all of us!!!

can yall stop spamming now or hitman might take care of ya both!

PS. damn almost 10K views and 1000 replies...very cool :)

Congrats to Pak for a wonderful win against England in their first test at Multan .This never looked like a test match but a tense ODI Match with a close finish . This is very good for Test Cricket that matches have such a wonderful finish with alternating fortunes every innings .
Wishing Pak all the best for other 2 matches .

Well done boys, this truly was a "TEST" match since we were repeatedly tested and we came through with flying colours. There are a fair amount of PPer's who start to get negative and some were even talking about the team for the next game when we were not even half way through the match. In future, let's all show a bit more faith in the boys since they deserve it after winning against the odds.

The only concern for me was that Moyo didn't hang around for very long and some of our batsmen were playing attacking strokes too early in their innings. Butt and Inzamam were the standouts in both innings but YK and Akmal also showed signs of being in form.

It is a bit disappointing when the youngest player in the team (Butt) plays the most sensibly/responsilbly. Senior players in this game (Inzi, YK, Moyo..) need to avoid playing loose strokes when the team is already struggling. They need to show the youngsters the way. If this happens, I think we stand a good chance of winning this series (maybe even 3-0).

OMG I missed it!!!! just came in to work, after staying up all night for 4 days and going through a lot of heartbreak, i decided to sleep through the 5th day as i had to come back to work after taking 2 days off at the start of the week. can't believe i missed it!!!! stupid, stupid sleep! looking forward to reading this thread though, what a win!!

I am happy about the performances of both Sami and Actor but still wondering, why Actor could only take the tailenders out? and Apart from that spell of Sami, he was straying all over the wicket. Danish has proved my judgement wrong by bowling so well. All in all it was a great Team effort. Catches have been caught and wickets has been taken. Great work and i think, Great captaincy too from Inzi. He was right there with YK.

Had to rush off this morning but I thought I'd pop in to say well done to the Pakistani team. Yes, England made a complete hash of it and should have won but Pakistan bowled very well and kept the pressure on far more effectively than in England's first innings and throughly desvered to win. My prediction is still 1-1 though as I don't believe either team have enough quality to totally kill the other one off.

On a side note, after seeing both teams collapse in both their innings (albiet after 2 high individual scores in 2 cases) you have to wonder whether both team's batsmen really had enough runs under their belt at the start of series. It's not like it's a one off either as both England and South Africa looked out of touch in the first test of England's tour last year. Should their be a longer run in period for these types of tours for both teams?

Billy said:
Had to rush off this morning but I thought I'd pop in to say well done to the Pakistani team. Yes, England made a complete hash of it and should have won but Pakistan bowled very well and kept the pressure on far more effectively than in England's first innings and throughly desvered to win. My prediction is still 1-1 though as I don't believe either team have enough quality to totally kill the other one off.

On a side note, after seeing both teams collapse in both their innings (albiet after 2 high individual scores in 2 cases) you have to wonder whether both team's batsmen really had enough runs under their belt at the start of series. It's not like it's a one off either as both England and South Africa looked out of touch in the first test of England's tour last year. Should their be a longer run in period for these types of tours for both teams?

Commiserations Billy.

I dont think Eng quite like the ide of 5 tests in Pak or India (too long a tour)

Oxy™ said:
Commiserations Billy.

No need for that, I'm just about past the stage where I live or die on England's results!

I dont think Eng quite like the ide of 5 tests in Pak or India (too long a tour)

No, I don't think it's ideal but that's how it goes I guess. Looking back at the Ashes England got themselves into positions where they should have thrashed Australia but ended up squeaking over the line and I suppose one can speculate that the same happened today but without the "home advantage" edge that England enjoyed last summer.

One thing to note though is that England are still a pretty young team (Udal, Giles and Vaughan aside there is no one over 30 on this tour) and as such it might be unreasonable to expect them to have developed the killer instinct that regularly allowed Australia to convert winning positions without fail. Many England fans have got over-excited about this tour to the sub-continent believing it to be the start of run of dominance but I've always looked at it as the last lesson that must be learnt before any attempt to truely rival Australia can begin, Fletcher's team is afterall, in his own words, ahead of sechudle in terms of what it has achieved so far.

From a Pakistani point of view it's pretty confusing. To be sure Pakistan (deservingly) won but they did so with many of their old flaws still in evidence. There's little point in musing on the many "what if's" of this game but if Pakistan had lost then how many fans would have just muttered about the team making the same old mistakes? I guess we'll only have a really clear picture of where team Pakistan are at in terms of their potential and ability when they've finished their series against England and India, much like England needed to play South Africa and Australia before anyone could get too excited.

this my first post today, what a performance by Pakistan. A memorable test match, the way clawed back into it and demolished them today was absolutely fantastic. The bowlers were magnificent, Shoaib really looks like he's turned over a new leaf, Sami was fiery in the morning, Danish showed what a world class bowler he is, and Shabbir picked up some crucial wickets, especially that of Trescothick.

All in all, WELL DONE PAKISTAN!

Billy you make some good points. Although it is often said why change the winning team, I think Pakistan were extremely fortunate to win. Batting collapses after being in a such a good position (266-3 to 330odd all out) needs to be worked on, and Afridi somehow will have to make it in for the 2nd Test.

That's brilliant! 1018 posts in one day on one topic. And more than 11,000 views!! Pakpassion is really rocking now. :14:

Been in and out all day and haven't had any time for the net all day and so this is my first post. What a BRILLIANT win!!! Take that PAK Team critics!!! What a fightback!!!! I said we would win this even when everyone was saying we had thrown it away, now wasn't I right? :26: . Shoaib was just inspirational today and so was Kaneria however I still think that one of the biggest reasons we won this was because Treco's wicket fell last night. Had he still been there this morning we would have been in a lot of trouble so well done Shabbir!!! Pakistan is getting better day by day and who would have thought that when England were celebrating and holding that Ashes urn we would beat them in the very next match they played! One more win and we have this series under our belt! Come on Pakistan! :27:

Was an enjoyable day. Some of my posts:

Sami will destroy them..

(sami gets Collingwood within one or two overs)

what a ball what a bowler! The champ strikes...

Warne who?

Kaneria (obviously boosted by the comment) strikes again.
please get KP or it's over in an hr

Kan to get Flint, Sami for KP...

Sami will destroy kp...kaneria will flint

it will be 100/6 england don't you worry young daoudy

Hail the great sami! and warne I mean kaneria i mean warne..

Kaneria got Flintoff, Sami got KP. And it was 101/6

now sami comeon boy get kp

Kaneria had already gotten Flint.
bring in shoaib now

Waiting..
shoaib it's shoaib's time bring him in please!

Get shoaib Giley can handle kani
kani get jones
bring in shoaib from the other end

And Shoaib comes in finally and gets Giles.

comon shoaib get the udals outta here
kani get jones please
and hurry

didn't go exactly as planned but these two got the wickets.

bring on shoaib...hurry...

Shoaib had been wrongly removed. Brought back finally, and we won.

I should rest.

Brings me back memories although i never heard of PP until a month later.

haha!

Fantastic thread.

Always funny seeing how negative people were in the beginning.

Marooned said:
Was an enjoyable day. Some of my posts:

(sami gets Collingwood within one or two overs)

Kaneria (obviously boosted by the comment) strikes again.

Kaneria got Flintoff, Sami got KP. And it was 101/6

Kaneria had already gotten Flint.

Waiting..

And Shoaib comes in finally and gets Giles.

didn't go exactly as planned but these two got the wickets.

Shoaib had been wrongly removed. Brought back finally, and we won.

I should rest.
I remember your contributions. Saruman was spot on

Rob H said:
I want days 1-4 bumped too now.

Well we dominated day 3 and day 4 was pretty even so I wouldn't complain if you did that. Would also show England's inability to kill teams off and Pakistan's fighting spirit.

when Pak isn't playing and i am REALLY bored i just like to go through the tense moments of amazing victories..

Banglore: the last few tense moments and reaction of Gangs wicket

Multan: ppl saying we will lose or it will be a draw...depression as the put a 50 partnership

Lahore: Heading for a draw..then suddenly out of nowhere Pak won it

Srilanka : Mo Asif winning it for us with 11 wickets in the match

these moments make me proud to be a Pakistani

HAFRIDI said:
:135: :135: :135: :135: :136: :136: :136:

:109: :109:

PAK BLAZING!!!

BEST MATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!

Haha, what a memorable post

Just went through the thread from page 17+, its absolutely amazing, the atmosphere and everything, i even watched the match highlights again just now.

It really got me pumped it, great game, shoaiby was amazing !! we will really miss him !! :(

That was one amazing day, I was buzzing for a long time after that!!

Haha, I remember, I didn't watch that day because I thought we were gonna lose, and I didn't wanna get up in the night. Then in the morning I got up to see how much we lost by, and on Cricinfo headline it says, Kaneria scripts great Pakistan victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back