Official Twenty20 Thread | Round 4 [27/2/06]

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
27 Feb 2006 Pool A Karachi Zebras v Multan Tigers United Bank Limited Sports Complex, Karachi T20

27 Feb 2006 Pool A Lahore Eagles v Rawalpindi Rams National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex, Karachi T20

27 Feb 2006 Pool A Peshawar Panthers v Sialkot Stallions United Bank Limited Sports Complex, Karachi T20

27 Feb 2006 Pool B Abbottabad Rhinos v Hyderabad Hawks National Stadium, Karachi T20

27 Feb 2006 Pool B Karachi Dolphins v Quetta Bears National Stadium, Karachi T20

27 Feb 2006 Pool B Lahore Lions v Islamabad Leopards National Bank of Pakistan Sports Complex, Karachi T20

Heres me hoping for Lahore Eagles and Lions and Stallions to win their games and Humayun Farhat, Abdul Razzaq and Imran Nazir to score big!!!!

Official Twenty20 Thread | Round 4?

I think it's Round 4 now.

Post all match updates here, and commentary. :D

I'll post the matches for today, shortly.

Pool A

Peshawar Panthers v Sialkot Stallions

Karachi Zebras v Multan Tigers

Lahore Eagles v Rawalpindi Rams

Pool B

Lahore Lions v Islamabad Leopards

Karachi Dolphins v Quetta Bears

Hyderabad Hawks v Abbottabad Rhinos

Look at Ashfaq Ahmed of Lahore :O , single handedly won the match for Lahore.
As fasr as i know, it's the higest score of the tournament so far (99 off 58 balls). Good performance against Arafat and Najaf Shah.

Peshawar 126
Rafatullah batted well YET again 33 of 22
Rana bowled well to take 2 wickets for 14 in 3 overs.

Sialkot 127/5 in 16.4 overs
Imran Nazir 40 off 20 balls( 4 4's and 4 6's)
Shahid Yousaf continues his IMPRESSIVE form(we should try him in ODI's now i guess) scored 38 off 28.

Good to see Gul performing well after injury, took 2/21 off 4 overs. (good sign)

Last edited:
Finally, Imran Nazir fires!!! :D

40 (20) with 4 4's and 4 6's.

Quetta Bears V Karachi Dolphins

Quetta | 155 AO (19.4)

Karachi | 4/1 (1) in response.

Will try to update, later.

Easatheman said:
Quetta Bears V Karachi Dolphins

Quetta | 155 AO (19.4)

Karachi | 4/1 (1) in response.

Will try to update, later.

thanks a lot

Karachi

75/1 (8)

Latif | 47*

They're chasing only 156 to win.

Only two matches per day which are televised, though.

Karachi Dolphins

135/3 (15)

20 needed of 30 balls. (4.0 RPO)

Asfar Nawaz - 51*

Easy victory here for the dolphins. If they win this, they're favorites to qualify for the semi-final with their three wins out of the four matches that they've played.

Karachi Zebras 173/9 in 20 overs
Khurram Manzoor 100 off 61 balls
Irshad 3/33 off 4 overs

Multan 173/9 off 20 overs
Hasnain 71
Saeed Anwar 73

WOW!!!! What a close game, i don't know HOW but Multan won because of their faster RR?????? Both teams scored 173 and lost 9 wickets......don't know how Karachi lost this one.

Taufeeq probably scored first 100 of the tournament BUT Khurram matched him the same day(Khurram may have been the first one). Khurram Manzoor also seems a good prospect for future, he has performed well in his short career thus far. He was part of winning U19 team in 2004.

Marooned said:
I guess Taufeeq's is the first 100 in 20/20 in Pakistan?

Sadly there was no video coverage.

Didnt Moin Khan score a hundred against Lahore Lions last year?

Notes
--> Multan Tigers won having scored more runs on countback (the teams having finished level on runs and wickets)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multan Tigers won the match because of their faster scoring rate in the first 10 overs (both teams having lost the same number of wickets)

That explains why Multan won.
None of them will go all the way.

Waseem said:
Notes
--> Multan Tigers won having scored more runs on countback (the teams having finished level on runs and wickets)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Multan Tigers won the match because of their faster scoring rate in the first 10 overs (both teams having lost the same number of wickets)

That explains why Multan won.
None of them will go all the way.

That's a ridiculous way of deciding a winner.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Didnt Moin Khan score a hundred against Lahore Lions last year?

I am pretty sure he did and i am sure he wasn't the only one.

Khurram and Taufeeq has scored the tons first time THIS year though.

Actually Moin's 112 was the HIGHEST score last year and he was the ONLY one to score a hundred.

We already have two today and unlucky Ashfaq of Lahore scored 99 not out today, could have easily become the third one to score a hundred SAME day.

Easatheman said:
Karachi Dolphins

135/3 (15)

20 needed of 30 balls. (4.0 RPO)

Asfar Nawaz - 51*

Easy victory here for the dolphins. If they win this, they're favorites to qualify for the semi-final with their three wins out of the four matches that they've played.

They won with three overs to spare, by 7 wickets.

Asfar Nawaz | 65

End Result: Karachi Dolphins beat the Quetta Bears by 7 wickets.

Waseem said:
Actually Moin's 112 was the HIGHEST score last year and he was the ONLY one to score a hundred.

We already have two today and unlucky Ashfaq of Lahore scored 99 not out today, could have easily become the third one to score a hundred SAME day.

And a damn good one it was, too.

Salman said:
GO Dolphins... my offical team... :19:

They are one of the best fielding sides I've seen so far in the Twenty20 Cup.

I just called up Irshad on his mobile to congratulate him on his personal performance and the win today. Three wickets, including two bowleds off yorkers delivered in the death overs.

He sounds quite relaxed and comfortable now. His next match is at 10pm tomorrow (not being televised), and then the one the day after at 830 pm against Lahore, which would be on TenSports.

Farhad said:
I just called up Irshad on his mobile to congratulate him on his personal performance and the win today. Three wickets, including two bowleds off yorkers delivered in the death overs.

He sounds quite relaxed and comfortable now. His next match is at 10pm tomorrow (not being televised), and then the one the day after at 830 pm against Lahore, which would be on TenSports.

It's amazing how you know all these cricketers.

Farhad said:

why so late? :O

Last edited:

Abbotabad Rhinos

174 AO (19.4)

Zulfiqar takes three wickets in the four balls of the last over.

RR for Hawks is 8.7 RPO.

Hawks should win this, they're the better team.

Merc

He said "10 wajje". I'm sure I heard it right. Well!

Hyderabad Hawks beat Abbotabad Rhinos in the last over - by nine wickets. They required 40-odd off the last four overs and got there with ease, thanks to some insipid bowling show by the opposition. Faisal Athar played some big shots in the end to ensure a smooth victory.

Surprising comment by Rameez twice to say that Athar's knock is the best so far in the tournament given that opposition bowlers overall were quite mediocre. But Kail bowled three good overs, and a terrible decision by his skipper not to get himto bowl the fourth one.

HAFRIDI said:
Taufeeq Umer, 100 off 60 balls wow, he looks in good touch!

Whilst Twenty/20 cricket is not the barometer for selection to Sri Lanka, I sincerely hope Taufeeq is selected for that tour. An in form Taufeeq at the top of the order is an asset for the test team.

Saj said:
Whilst Twenty/20 cricket is not the barometer for selection to Sri Lanka, I sincerely hope Taufeeq is selected for that tour. An in form Taufeeq at the top of the order is an asset for the test team.

He's been on top of his game on the domestic scene, scoring runs left, right and centre, he needs to grab his chance when he's given it now.

Woo hoo Sialkot Stallions and Lahore Eagles both won today!!!!!!!!!!!

And Imran Nazir many congrats to score 100% of your runs in boundaries and sixes!!! Keep it up!!!!

Humayun wasn't needed today, didnt bat at 3 today as he did in the first match. Maybe we might see him even open the innings!!

KARACHI, Feb 27: Taufiq Umar produced a magnificent all-round performance as Lahore Lions notched up their fourth win on the trot to book their semifinal berth in the Twenty20 Cup cricket championship on Monday.

Taufiq bludgeoned a 60-ball 100 before taking four wickets for 11 runs with his off-spinners as Islamabad Leopards crashed to a 87-run defeat in the Pool ‘B’ fixture on Monday.

The left-handed Taufiq was in supreme touch as he stroked 10 fours and three sixes to help Lahore Lions post the tournament’s highest-ever total of 234-4 in 20 overs.

Islamabad Leopards, in reply, were bowled out for 147 in 18 overs. Leg-spinner Imran Tahir claimed three for 25.

Lahore Eagles chalked out their third win in Pool ‘A’ when they thrashed Rawalpindi Rams by seven wickets with opener Mohammad Ashfaq narrowly missing a century.

Ashfaq finished with an unbeaten 99 off 58 balls, a knock clobbered with 10 hits to the fence and four over it.

The Rams’ paceman Najaf Shah bowled a ball down the leg side which went for four wides to deny Ashfaq the chance of completing a well-deserved hundred.

Youngster Khurram Manzoor slammed a brilliant 100 off 61 balls with 11 fours for Karachi Zebras but his great effort was wasted as Multan Tigers were declared winners after the match ended in a tie.

Both teams scored 173 and lost nine wickets, but the Tigers won because they had made 94 in the first 10 overs of their innings compared to the Zebras’ 72 in the same number of overs.

Left-handed Saeed Anwar struck seven fours and a six in his 73 off 60 balls and Hasnain Abbas after a slow start, cracked nine boundaries and a six in his 43-ball 71.

Sialkot Stallions also remained on course for a semifinal berth with their third win by defeating Peshawar Panthers by five wickets.

The Panthers were dismissed for 126 with pacemen Sarfraz Ahmed and Rana Navedul and left-arm spinner Qaiser Abbas taking two wickets apiece.

Imran Nazir blasted 40 off 20 with four sixes and as many fours as the Stallions reached the target in 16.4 overs. Shahid Yousuf contributed 38 in 28 balls with six fours and one six.

Off-spinner Irfanuddin grabbed four for 26 and Afsar Nawaz struck 64 as Karachi Dolphins got the better of Quetta Bears by six wickets in an evening fixture at the National Stadium.

Earlier on Sunday night Bazid Khan blasted a quick 90 off 47 balls with seven fours and six sixes as Islamabad Leopards beat Hyderabad Hawks by five wickets.

That was quite pathetic by Najaf Shah :|

Exactly its not as if the Rams were going to win anyway!!!

Back