PAK VS INDIA | 4th ODI|Multan [16/2/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.
salman butt seems to be playing for his own odi spot rather then the team...playing to cement his place..whichis not gud........

malik plays it straight to the fielder is timing sweetly though

24 for 1 still

Now, Im one of the most optimistic people on this site but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about whether Pakistan can turn this around. Inshallah, I still back them no matter what, but it starting to look more and more dire as the overs go by.

However, as Allah says in the Qura'n, "...indeed, after hardship comes ease."

nadeem said:
One thing i dont understand is how come akmal always gets caught out at point but sehwag and jayasuriya get away with their slashes all day long/
better field placing by india

jusarrived said:
havent you heard 'wen indo-pak fans talking,minnow supporters shudnt interfere'
my my....never knew ppl had to take ur permission first to support the sides of their likings.......havent u got a job to go to???????

still 24 for 1.........all maliks shot played straight to the fielders.........next one bouncer malik lets it goes n stares back at the bowler :D

cavin420 said:
salman butt seems to be playing for his own odi spot rather then the team...playing to cement his place..whichis not gud........

malik plays it straight to the fielder is timing sweetly though

24 for 1 still

Maybe he was asked to play that way! :13:

So the test match have started at Multan.If Pakistanis think that they are building a platform by not scoring runs then I dont think they are going to get lots of runs at the end. Seems like all the pressure is on Pakistan right now.

I don't mind a slightly slow start as long as we don't lose wickets.

We've got a side capable of scoring quickly when the mood takes us and if we've got a lot of wickets in hand we could really do some damage. I'd much rather be 50/1 after 15 overs than 80/4

Pakistan need to speed up in next Powerplay! Salman need to shift to higher gear
26-1

Xeo said:
Maybe he was asked to play that way! :13:
u cant ask anyone to play against the natural style.........im showie but u cant......look at malik playing his natural game .........
atleast butt could take the singles.............rotate the strike more......disturb the bowlers line o length!

power play taken bacha pathan to salu n defends again.......

have some petience guys..the srtategy was clearly to see the new ball off

no need to slate butt for his style. there is clealrly a strategy here

octavian said:
india is trying to get malik caugth at short sqaure leg

Best first ten ovres for the series.....just two boundaries in 10 overs.....good start by India..... :11: :11:

I probably think it is a bad move...
"Attack is the best form of defence"

And as someone said earlier, its Multan not Headingly..
we will need around 340/350 to bat india out of the match. For that we need around 120 runs in 20 overs.

Ace Base said:
Now, Im one of the most optimistic people on this site but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about whether Pakistan can turn this around. Inshallah, I still back them no matter what, but it starting to look more and more dire as the overs go by.

However, as Allah says in the Qura'n, "...indeed, after hardship comes ease."
bayshak ur right!
salu takes a single way to go hurray......27 for 1..........
pathan to malik ...n goes for the big one......slower ball didnt time it....he was trying to hit this one out of the ground :D

malik in 4 matches has scored 301 runs at an avergae of 100 mashAllah n strike rate of 96 not bad at all...malik cheeta :D
fine leg comes up now........
27 for 1 , 11 overs

jusarrived said:
am actualy hopin pak scores 300 atleast...common malik!
dont worry by the end of this ODI series u will be hoping pak win the world cup!!!!

badri coming for his 6th over clearly they need to attack in this onver.malik changing his bat grip noooooooooo:O:O cav remembers saeed anwr during the wc 1999 final nooooo:O:

Nauman said:
Same here, 26 runs in 10 overs on a flat track is rediculous.

this pitch looks to be a lot slower than usual. also outfield is slow

I dont think Pakistan can achieve 300 runs today. Even if they play like this defensive i am not sure if they can rack up 300 runs. THere is no Afridi and I dont think Razzak is going to fire up in every game.

I'd bring in Younis now and let him and Shoaib Malik play tap and run. They're both stunning runners between the wickets.

Oh well, Butt puts pressure on the team and plays out 10 overs and then throws his wicket away.

me n my big mouth........................but fortunatly wasnt malik..........
with that salman butt decision i see FARhAT n yasir hameed back in the opening contentions

me n my big mouth........................but fortunatly wasnt malik..........
with that salman butt dismissal i see FARhAT n yasir hameed back in the opening contentions

inzi comes outttttttttt yayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Salman should have been droped from the game. He is totally out of form and touch. 27-2 and Big man Inzy walks in

loud apeal first up badri down onhis knees umpire says not out..clear not out! way outside the off stump
even arun agrees not as close as badri made it out to be
inzi off the markkkkkkkkkkkkk next ball

I am amazed at the negativity of some of you - Even if Pak is down 5 wickets for 20 runs, your batting depth can easily make 250 on this wicket. (There are 240 balls left - 100 singles, 30 twos, 10 three, 10 fours + extras should do it) So cheer up

beats malik all ends up......next ball malik lets it go....clearly they are giving them too much respect....or is it a bowling wicket all of a sudden since we are batting n when india bats will be a batting wicket :p

single down to fine leg 29 for 2..n keeps the striek malik 12 overs.........they need to be alteast 50 for 2 by 15 overs inshAllah

I told you this defensive strategy doesn't work. Salman held back to that shot and it led to his demise.

jusarrived said:
my request for some(not taking names) pak fans is not go hiding...!

The game aint over. Still alot to play for buddy.

Look on the bright side. Inzamam is in early!

<ducks for cover>

Hi all :) I didnt think Salman wud be playing today even wrote in my probable line up Pak may choose diff option n keep Akmal dwn order.

jusarrived said:
my request for some(not taking names) pak fans is not go hiding...!

why would we? we can always bring up the issue of 70:30 into play

octavian said:
good decision by bucknor

badrinaat was about to cry

bucknor umpire for to days match? :69: :69:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

hey cavin,remember how i was talking about the build up....i dont feel so excited anymore....rather queasy.... :p cmon boys cmon! i wonder what theyll do about farhat.....was butts dismissal the same typical flash?i still think we shud stik with hem..anyways,back to the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back