Pak Vs Sa: Test 3: Day 3: Can we do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIG

PakPassion Administrator
Runs
The match situation at Stumps on Day 2:

Day 2: Stumps - South Africa need 125 runs

South Africa: 183, 36/2 (11.1 Ovs) G Smith33(34)

D Kaneria*2.1-0-2-2 M
Hafeez1-1-0-0

Run Rate : 3.22

Last Wicket: Paul Harris lbw b D Kaneria 0(13) - 2/36 in 11.1 ov.

Kaneria in the middle of the most important spells of bowling that he will bowl in his life !

Can this Pak team write another glorious chapter in our history ?

Action begins in an hour or so but the hope, as I always say, begins NOW !

SA still have all their main batsmen.....Kallis,Smith, Boucher, AB Devilleras, Prince and Hall that's not just quantity but also a bit of quality so it will be very hard for us!

well the mood in Pakpassion seems to be on a high perhaps because of the wickets they picked at the end of the day .

but not taking anything away from Kaneria i still feel that those wickets meant little for Proteas run chase ....... Dippenear has come after an extended lay off and Harris was a tail ender in any case

with the main men like Smith,Kallis and Prince still there for the africans i dont feel all that comfortable with having just 125 runs to play with

May I be proven wrong ....Ameen

Inshallah kaneria will run thru SA batting line up ,as long as he has support from the other end and the fielders, specially Kamran keeping the wickets and taking the catches ,if they happen to come his way.
First session will make or break us.
Its time for kaneria to spun his web.

Well, this will be extremely tough. From the body language of player since the Pakistan's batting started in the second innings, it appears that they do not believe they can do it. But if we can get two big wickets in the first 5/6 overs in the morning that belief may come back.

And by big wickets i mean, Kallis and Simith/Prince.

But as Pakistani supporter, we have never lost hope even in difficult situations. Let's keep the hopes high and pray for the best.

I still Remeber that NZ test match when wasim n waaqar all day to get NZ out for 100 they needed to 125 to win watta win that was.
Gone are those days .. but i have a feeling maybe pak can pull this one off

My gut feeling is they can do it. Need some luck. By the way howcome the top scorer in second innings was hameed with 35 followed by sami and nazir. BIG 3 failed in a big way.

Pakistan should remember one thing: South Africa are expected to win from this position. Therefore South Africa are under more pressure.

Last edited:
Inshallah! A couple of quick wickets and we much in the game. Hope sami and nazir can support asif and danish well

Interesting debate between heart and head ... the former wishes to defy the logic, while the latter prepares one for an unsavory eventuality!

Pakistan still has a chance. But they themselves have to believe in it. Their body language has to show it.

SA is the host team, chasing a small amount of runs, with the bulk of their batting to come. They need just one solid partnership to make it happen. That being said, there are countless occasions in the recent memory (world cups, notwithstanding), then they fail to rise to the occasion when it matter most.

Pakistan, in comparison, often fights back, like a wounded tiger, and has learnt how to excel when under pressure.

Let's see how the battle ensues ... just a few minutes to go!

amlato face kaneria ,kaneria has 5 balls left from last nite ,love it if he gets amla out.

I think danish is bowling a little too fast, need to give it more air. Maybe the small target is playing on his mind.

remember guys, you try to have good relations with umpires to have some close decisions go your way.

come on guys cric info is reportin quicker - wats happening?

Just the start needed. Put the cat amongst the pigeons in the South African dressing room

big wicket for Pakistan.
My heart almost stopped because it took Bucknor so long to give it out.

YES OUT OUT OUT PLUMB PLUMB PLUMB! Any bat involved Saffers?

Asiffffffffffffff....i dont CARE about your pace. you are the BEST in the world. woohoooooooooooooo.

guys please keep the wickets and the commentary coming. Some of us are at work for the next couple of hours :12: :12:

Asif you beauty!

Smith middle stump LBW.

125 to win, 7 wickets left.

Game on!

mooz said:
big wicket for Pakistan.
My heart almost stopped because it took Bucknor so long to give it out.

I had the same feeling. And these damn camera man do not show the umpire...so you got no clue whats happening!

Saj said:
guys please keep the wickets and the commentary coming. Some of us are at work for the next couple of hours :12: :12:

well we can keep commetnary up..but we cant keep wicekts. We are not the ones bowling Saj bhai!

I bet you we get Amla out next time Danish bowls a full over at him.

We have to get rid of one of these because last time they ruined it for us!

Amir said:
well we can keep commetnary up..but we cant keep wicekts. We are not the ones bowling Saj bhai!

lol Amir.

Great breakthrough. Kallis is the one, get him early and its ours !

Amir said:

neither can kamran akmal.

Good ball to Smith, pitched on leg and would have smacked inot off but for the intervention of the pad

Is there any where i can get legal audio/video streaming for todays play???? Damn cricket channel is showing Aus vs NZ [:(]

Good over from Kaneria. Probing away

flighting the ball nicely Danish in this over and getting good spin.
Maybe a googly next over.

gotta cut out these quick easy singles.

Rameez had a remarkable moment of insight when he proclaimed that
"these singles will be very useful for South Africa's cause"

amerrahman said:

your right mate
saffies will have to itch and scratch for every single run

kaneria's bowling today is very reminiscent of Shane Warne today, the line, length and the revolution he is putting on the ball.

amerrahman said:
runs? how exactly would that help?

I think I may fall asleep with Kallis at teh crease.

Asif gets Amla with a beauty that left him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back