Pak Vs Sa: Test 3: Day 3: Can we do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
over the slips for 4 by Prince. Thats his 10th life I think

Prince has been a thorn in the side for us - lucky but difficult to dislodge. Kallis has class but has shown that he has a better temperament then anyone maybe along with Dravid and you need to get him early as Asif did for most part of the series- luck though has deserted us and the two have guided them through.

saffer said:
secondly, there has been some luck today...but over all I think S.A played terribly this series....Pakistan can be proud of how they competed ...because with 2 bowlers a match it should have been 3-0 to South Africa.....(and would have been for not a freak day of 125 with all those bad shots)...
just a coincident that the freak day happened to be the same day when PAK had 2 out their 3 best fast bowlers fit to play :13:

100 partnership up.

Fantastic series winning knocks - not sure how Prince is there, but 'fortune favours......)

Well we tried really hard and that's all you can ask for...

ok now for the next 5 months or so the focus will be totally on the ODIs.

Oxy, please change your avatar. Everytime i look at it it just makes me :12:

Looks like we've all lost the will to post....or someone has created a 'Bob must die' thread on the forum:)

I think Asif should get the next over- a last ditch effort to atleast get his 50 wickets. Nothing much left otherwise in the game.

anyway.....Kallis 50 ...the guy doesn't get the recognition he deserves....

Kallis moves to 50.

He was the key - immovable object that he is.

all about the one day series now
thankfully thats not far away

Can we safely say this will be Nazirs last test appearance?

just a coincident that the freak day happened to be the same day when PAK had 2 out their 3 best fast bowlers fit to play

no..

90% coincidence....10% bad luck...

how many of the wickets on that day came from good balls ? don't be a joker ....

We just haven't had any luck today when it really mattered.

Uzzy said:
Can we safely say this will be Nazirs last test appearance?
Well I would say we have at least 3-4 players that shouldnt wear the Pak jersy fopr a long time....

Great concentration and technique shown by both Prince & Kallis- took the game away from us and gave a lesson to our batsmen on how to play under extreme pressure and against great bowling.

once again though..Kaneria didnt get any wickets on the final day of the match..just like the 1st test..very unlucky.

we owned SA with three good bowlers in 2nd test. Why gul and Akhtar were to unfit for this series? :12:

Kallis has played a match winning knock and only got out to a peach that would have got most batsmen in the world. What was that from Nazir- what was he doing so far!!

What a delivery - that makes it even worse for us!

I'd rather these 2 had just won the game for SA!

why could you not do that earlier mr nazir. enjoy your last test wicket :)

Why havent he bowled like this when it matters...Shahid Nazir has been bowling very short this series...

Not been a good morning for me

first the AUS open final didn't go in my favor...25 push-ups there
Now AUS is going to win....was rooting for NZ
PAK lost.

Some of our youngsters can learn from Kallis.

Not easy on the eye, not flashy, but solid as a rock and mentally very tough.

That just about sums it up and wraps it up

Akmal. How embarassing. Took the catch, then he lets the ball go.

He rolled over too many times. Made it look theatrical but ended up looking foolish

Oxy, please change your avatar. Im not sure how much longer i can tolerate looking at his face.

Kami-Akmal has managed to drop another one- this guy does deserve a long long rest.
When you have a bad patch - instead of trying fate - we should just give-in and come back another day. What a sorry sight.. no difference to the match this but just plays on the minds of the bowlers even more.

btw by my estimate that was Prince's 11th life today :)

Kamran snatching at the ball like girls when they try to catch a ball.

Saj said:
Some of our youngsters can learn from Kallis.

Not easy on the eye, not flashy, but solid as a rock and mentally very tough.
Well let me put it this way - there are more chances of me running for US Presidency ..The likes of Farhat , Hafeez , Hameed , Sami and Akmal will never learn ..

So i guess, Haider only came for sightseeing? Why bring a reserve keeper if he wont be used?

Let me be the first to say , hard luck and well played (really) ....it was a hard fought and exciting series.....

someone had to win at the end of the day....but it went up and down the whole way .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back