Pak Vs Sa: Test 3: Day 3: Can we do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking ahead to the ODIs. Asif should be rested for the first couple and Inzamam may also want to sit out the 2020.

I think even 30 more runs, would have been more exciting.

What makes me angry is that we had them 39-4!

Noman said:
I think if the batsman had given the bowlers a lead of 220 runs we wud have won the matches.....
dissapointed at looking at how our top 3 players performed the whole series... The first inning(First test) was the best performance..

Batsman knowing that this is one of the biggest challange for them of performing, they chicked it out...

rubbish performing by our batsmans....We need someone like Never say die attitude...

In that first test they had a lot of luck specially Farhat and Hameed.

Pakistan batting is always goint to be a problem on these surfaces until they stop relying on just 3 batsmen.

The problem is Inzamam is nearing the end and I don't see much depth in batting quality.

It is an indictment of the domestic game in Pakistan, but the PCB don't seem to want to reform the system.

We need 6-48 here .
Great game nevertheless. Atleast we made them sweat like anything at home with our main bowlers unfit and no support from our keeper for the bowlers in the major part of the tour.

PepsiCola said:
I think even 30 more runs, would have been more exciting.

What makes me angry is that we had them 39-4!
well SA also had Pakistan at 92/5 but we still won. The problem with low score is u really need one good partnership to win the game unless if the target is 300.

PepsiCola said:
Also, Akmal pisses me off so much.

"GOod bowling...yea Dani boy" why cant he just shut up?
Whats your problem?? What did you have for meal today?

Is it someone who has to shut up, it is YOU!

The likes of Yasir, Farhat and Hafeez have shown that they are nothing but mediocre batsmen when the going gets tough.

Great game nevertheless. Atleast we made them sweat like anything at home
This morning was the most nerve wracking session of cricket I've seen in years.

I only juts starting to relaxe now, but one wicket could bring three...

Even if we do not win this one atleast I want Asif to get to 50 wickets here and get this record as well as the highest number of wickets in the series.
Kaash Gul and Shoaib were fit --Alas what could have been!!

Nice-N-Fresh said:
Whats your problem?? What did you have for meal today?

Is it someone who has to shut up, it is YOU!

Look, I know he is supposed to encourage. But doesn't it get annoying to here his voice over and over again of "Bowling dani...well bowledd..." especially when nothing is happeening and he never helps the cause!

Terrible shot to get out and then a buncha screw ups while keeping. None this innings however.

dog_again said:
This morning was the most nerve wracking session of cricket I've seen in years.

I only juts starting to relaxe now, but one wicket could bring three...

well no chance of wicket failing now. Nazir and Sami are just not good enough.

Saj said:
The likes of Yasir, Farhat and Hafeez have shown that they are nothing but mediocre batsmen when the going gets tough.
they are the best we have...M Hafeez and Yasir can be nurtured in to solid batsmen

i think injuries to gul and akhtar cost pak the series, as well as playing hameed at 3 instead of 6. the big 3 came to bat way low down.

PlanetPakistan said:
still not over IMO....a wicket here and we will have an outside chance

I really appreciate or optimism. If only I had that...

PlanetPakistan said:
they are the best we have...M Hafeez and Yasir can be nurtured in to solid batsmen
I think Salman Butt and Imran Farhat are miles better. Maybe even Imran Nazir.

I cant see us winning it now.. anyways lets be real wit two bowlers for the whole series
we ave done better then anyone in the world could expect from us.. apart from Asif and
Danish we aint had no other help apart from Shoaib flying over just to bowl for 1hr and
then fly back to Pakistan..

welldone to Danish and Asif they done us proud to get us this far !

CricketBuff said:
i think injuries to gul and akhtar cost pak the series, as well as playing hameed at 3 instead of 6. the big 3 came to bat way low down.
just what rameez said

Farhat has dropped a sitter at silly-point-Prince lucky again-Poor Kaneria - this could have been his 199th.

well no chance of wicket failing now. Nazir and Sami are just not good enough.
Kaneria's still creating chances, and a new batsmen will have problems - esp AB who can't read the googly.

PepsiCola said:
I think Salman Butt and Imran Farhat are miles better. Maybe even Imran Nazir.

Farhat will NEVER be a solid batsman, he knows only one shot, the cover drive, the rest of his shots are played with a fishing rod

Just when you think things could not get worse, Robin Jackman comes onto commentary ready to bark in support of South Africa

That bat/pad chance was a sitter. Poor stuff from Farhat.

DK has not been helped by the keeping and bat/pad fielding standards of Pak.

It was close to Farhat's hands but to be fair the back of the bat deflection could have thrown him-off a bit- still unlucky Danish. It was very catchable.

Ok, well played by Pak. They tried hard, but it's over now even if a wicket or two falls.

Uzzy said:
What was read out?
That this is the best commentary team I have ever had the pleasure to listening to in all my years of following cricket:)

Just to give credit to the Kallis and Prince. They batted superbly, albeit they got VERY, and I mean VERY lucky.

You need some bionic hands for Farhat. He couldn't catch his own head.

if we just can get one more wicket now, SA batting order CAN collapse. After a long stand such things have happened...

They do not play pretty cricket South Africa. They are like Germany in football, quite mechnical, with discipline emhasised over flair.

However, they do fight bloody hard and play with a lot of pride.

Gotta feel for Kaneria...plenty of chances have gone down of his bowling this series.

Decent over from Nazir. The ball that beat Kallis was a beauty and although he was only beaten the noise was exactly at the point where the ball would have made contact with the ball. Amazing, but wasn't out.

I'm amazed that both Prince and Kallis are still out there, given how shaky they have looked all day - especially Prince.

I guess this shows that despite the 'vitriol directed towards Shoaib Akhtar, we still despertaely need him - the only game we won was with him spearheading the 1st inngs attack.

Oxy said:
I guess this shows that despite the 'vitriol directed towards Shoaib Akhtar, we still despertaely need him - the only game we won was with him spearheading the 1st inngs attack.

Well we never won against SA without Akhtar special performance.

Oxy said:

True. Not sure how much of an advantage we've had by having the 1 extra bowler in the 2nd innings.

Putting aside the bitterness of series loss - in all fairness the more disciplined of the 2 sides won ..man to man SA had more competent personnel who stood up when it mattered .. Hats off to Asif and that one knock from Inzy for making the series look closer than it actually was .. The more disciplined side won - aided and abetted by likes of Akmal and spineless Pakistani openers

Times like this Afridi would be very usefull aswell.. im sure a few others would say the
same aswell that if not for his batting his bowling in games like this would have been very usefull to us ..

Saj said:
I'm amazed that both Prince and Kallis are still out there, given how shaky they have looked all day - especially Prince.

was thinking the same.....
The umpire havent been good against us, and these to players have had big luck in their favour.

Oxy said:
gul was unfit too...so it's not just Shoaib!

Danish Kaneria is a changed bowler though in the past two tests and has been very very economical too and should have been retained for the ODIs. Some of these pitches do turn a lot and I would have thought we could go in with Asif, Razzaq, Rehman , Kaneria, Afridi & Malik/ Hafeez for atleast one match. That would have been a real change and could have prepared us for the WC as with hopefully Gul & Akhtar back we do not need any other seamers apart from Asif in the side and Razzi as the backup seamer.

Akhtar is a match winner.

The problem is Akhtar is not getting any younger and he does not seem to be getting any fitter.

Pakistan will need to find other bowlers to give the attack a bit of bite, because Akhtar misses as many matches as he plays.

Oxy said:

Absolutely. You cant win too many test series with only 2 bowlers and 3 batsmen.

CrickFan said:
Putting aside the bitterness of series loss - in all fairness the more disciplined of the 2 sides won ..man to man SA had more competent personnel who stood up when it mattered .. Hats off to Asif and that one knock from Inzy for making the series look closer than it actually was .. The more disciplined side won - aided and abetted by likes of Akmal and spineless Pakistani openers

I think Younis Khan, Inzamam and Mohammad Yousuf havent been as good as expected.... Inzamam played a good inning the second test. but in the first test his performance wasnt that speciel, YOunis khan wasnt any speciel in the first test and the third...
Moyo wasnt any specieal in the second test, in the third test he performed in the first inning but not in the second inning...

The fact is moyo, younis and inzi shud have done better than that... Our opener plus hammed are useless... one of these 3 class player has to perform each inning, but sadly this second in third test they have all failed.

If one out of Gul, Asif and Shoaib isn't playing then we might have to return to Razzaq as third seamer.

Hi guys....

a few points ...just read through this forum

umpiring : if you want to get decisions going your way...don't appeal for everything!!Everytime it pops off the pad by the spinners everyone goes mad .This might help you get one or two nfair wickets...but it's also going to make the umpires not trust you .Therefore , you are going to get some go against you (because he can't be sure the appeal is a sincere one and thinks you will appeal even if it's not out.....)...

Anyway...in this game the umpuring deciosn have gone in pakistan's favour ...so relax .

Saj said:
Absolutely. You cant win too many test series with only 2 bowlers and 3 batsmen.

and no wicket keeper.....

its 11-5,, which isnt a fair...plus umpires have been favoring Sa

How did that miss the stumps.

Prince has been extremely fortunate today. He's like a cat with 9 lives.

saffer said:
Hi guys....

umpiring : if you want to get decisions going your way...don't appeal for everything!!Everytime it pops off the pad by the spinners everyone goes mad .This might help you get one or two nfair wickets...but it's also going to make the umpires not trust you .Therefore , you are going to get some go against you (because he can't be sure the appeal is a sincere one and thinks you will appeal even if it's not out.....)...

Anyway...in this game the umpuring deciosn have gone in pakistan's favour ...so relax .

What game have you been watching? :29:

saffer said:
Hi guys....

The self-confessed 'Troll' returns:)

saffer said:
Hi guys....

:20:

we got Harris wicket in our favour.. what ellers??

What are you taking these days------

YOu are right we might have over appealed.. the fact is that, then it truly matters the umpiring has been against us..Sa have been lucky with the umpring.. We cud has lost the second test because of rubbish umpiring..

secondly, there has been some luck today...but over all I think S.A played terribly this series....Pakistan can be proud of how they competed ...because with 2 bowlers a match it should have been 3-0 to South Africa.....(and would have been for not a freak day of 125 with all those bad shots)...

saffer said:
secondly, there has been some luck today...but over all I think S.A played terribly this series....Pakistan can be proud of how they competed ...because with 2 bowlers a match it should have been 3-0 to South Africa.....(and would have been for not a freak day of 125 with all those bad shots)...
::J

saffer said:
Hi guys....

well the umpire should have confidence in his own ability and should not have to rely on players....anyways i think umpire has been fair( there have been bad decisions against both teams) so i don't think we can complain that we lost the series because of poor umpiring.

Yousaf was plumb LBW ...so was Ul haq (not given) in first innings.....take away Yousafs 87 in first innings....and the game would be well over..

prince and hall were given out when they didn't hit it.....

wow...you guys have a short memory .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back