Pak Vs Sa: Test 3: Day 3: Can we do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bang! very good fore-hand smash pull for 4 by prince.

101/4 - 60 needed now...

Run out chance and sami misses stumps.

59 needed now...

Shot from Prince. We are not gonna take any wicket without any luck. Dang we were so close!

well i think we lost the match with sami's first over.there was a huge amount of pressure and then that one over(9runs) eased the pressure.

PepsiCola said:
At least I don't feel stupid. I knew this was going to happen.
so you felt stupid before... doesnt matter if its going to happen.. you support the side till the last ball..

makaveli19 said:
well i think we lost the match with sami's first over.there was a huge amount of pressure and then that one over(9runs) eased the pressure.

We lost the match with the way our batsman batted in the 2nd inings.

2 for kallis thru clip into legside.

57 needed now...

I guess its over now, atleast we gave a fight, just poor effort from the batsmen at the end of the day.

Prince into the act as well- crunch time for Pakistan- both Asif & Danish have tired a bit.
One last big effort needed- Inzi should not stay out for so long. Captain in the field is important to let bowlers know that they are not the only ones trying really really hard.

game is almost over. Umpires won't give out even when Asif clean bowl them.

Come on ... three boundaries in 11 deliveries! Maybe it's time to try Shahid Nazir. Or bring back Sami for another 3-4 overs. Maybe the reverse swing would help.

the_game said:
Asif and Kaneria don't deserve to be on the losing side. I'm proud of them.

Definitely. They've given they're all and more specially on the back of the effort they put in last match. I guess having the extra bowler hasn't really made a difference.

nearly. No luck today for Pak. Quicker one just missed the edge.

Runs coming by easy now. This game will be over this session

Kaneria and Asif have been brilliant but luck has deserted them.

And the rest of the attack has been below par as it was at Centurion.

Kallis and Prince to their credit have grafted well.

Also, Akmal pisses me off so much.

"GOod bowling...yea Dani boy" why cant he just shut up?

Credit where it is due- Kallis and Prince have been really really good and have not lost concentration even with this tremendous pressure on them.

ggm said:
Kaneria and Asif have been brilliant but luck has deserted them.

And the rest of the attack has been below par as it was at Centurion.

Kallis and Prince to their credit have grafted well.

well umpires helped them big time just like first test, other problem was er don't have 3rd good bowler.

In the first innings South Africa lost their last 5 wickets for around 50, so still some hope, but it is fading

PepsiCola said:
Also, Akmal pisses me off so much.

"GOod bowling...yea Dani boy" why cant he just shut up?

because a keeper's secondary job is to talk and keep the spirits alive. do you even know anything about cricket?

Kallis and prince here have shown that if youre prepared to graft you can sucseed on this pitch. I cant fault the bowlers in this match its been batsmen which have let team down in both inns.

Nazir on. Could he be the unlikely hero

PepsiCola said:
You cant get banned for being negative.

EDIT: realistic*
if there was option for ignoring you i would have avoided you like the plague.. youre a disgrace

Kallis and prince here have shown that if youre prepared to graft you can sucseed on this pitch. I cant fault the bowlers in this match its been batsmen which have let team down in both inns.

But you have to say the South African back up bowlers bowled better than the Pakistani back ups.

Even Hall bowled well!

Pak in desperate need of a wicket. A wicket or two here and Pak back in it..

ggm said:
But you have to say the South African back up bowlers bowled better than the Pakistani back ups.

Even Hall bowled well!

but not scoring 225 in each innings costed us the match.

Amjid Javed said:

well, I think they have played okay aj, these two players are grafty players unlike our players like Farhat and Hameed who just love to flash,,, I thought Hafees was a grafty player in tests matches but he has dissapointed the whole nation. ..

You can't win test matches if you don't cross 200 in either innings.

51 adrift - another driven 4 past the bowler- good stuff from Kallis- can't fault his temperament here.

when at one pint SA was at 39/4 then we had great hcnce of winning the match.

Good time for hat-trick. I have not seen one for a while!

i think we have made fatal errors in playing the likes of Sami and Farhat but still we have shown more fight which is admirable

Pakistan battling away !! Makes me proud of this team - but unfortunately no prizes for second place in this cruel world !

ggm said:

Even Hall bowled well!

Well pakistan has always made average bowlers look world class sadly.

Just like in the 1st test Batting under-performed and then the lack of decent back up bowling has been shown up.

Amjid Javed said:

It works both ways Amjid. If a we had a bit of luck and picked up these two before lunch then people would have said that the batsmen played too defensively and were sitting ducks.

Nazir is far too mediocre for Pakistani standards.

I did not expect him to take too many wickets in this series, but I did think he would bowl with some control.

But he has leaked lots of runs. Disappointing.

I think if the batsman had given the bowlers a lead of 220 runs we wud have won the matches.....
dissapointed at looking at how our top 3 players performed the whole series... The first inning(First test) was the best performance..

Batsman knowing that this is one of the biggest challange for them of performing, they chicked it out...

rubbish performing by our batsmans....We need someone like Never say die attitude...

Looks as if these two will take SA to victory just as they did against India...

At 39/4, this could've been a real downer for SA if we had one of Gul or Shoaib playing. I have to say this has been an excellent fight by a 2 man bowling attack. They're far too tired now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back