Pak Vs Sri | Final Odi

Status
Not open for further replies.
the true passionist said:
should have given him a start at the 25ovr mark so that he had atleast bowled a couple of overs before death overs!!!

So he should let Malik bowl in the middle of the innings even though the bowlers he had on were already doing a great job? So you could sit there calling him stupid for taking off Razzaq and Afridi who were doing well?

Don't think so.

WOW.. We sure have people having more cricketing knowledge and Brains then Bobby and Inzi..

I say SACK INZI, SACK BOB we've got ppl more expert on cricketing (and everything else), so y keep both mottoos

kablooee87 said:
Using your argument, none of us should have any opinions about cricket because we aren't qualified enough and never won the WC.

It's a goddamn message board, the whole idea is to express opinion.

Ok paajee, don't start crying...

Express your Opinions...

BTW, in hindsight every arm chair critic is a goddam Bradman

Come on folks ,get over it.Let inzi chacha inhale his last breath.Final touches are been given to his large bulky coffin.But as the angel said it wont end until the fat man sings the world cup song.:6:

Big Mac said:
So he should let Malik bowl in the middle of the innings even though the bowlers he had on were already doing a great job? So you could sit there calling him stupid for taking off Razzaq and Afridi who were doing well?

Don't think so.

dont you need to plan for the fifty overs or just go ball by ball....u should be able to use all your resources.

i'll surely do that...
but please learn how to use it...thanks

Try reading it properly too

i didn't say that if you read the original post....i said spinner bowling his 1st over in slog overs

and he's gone for 18 runs in 3 overs and got the big wicket. Don't see what the problem is?

Monsee said:
Ok paajee, don't start crying...

Express your Opinions...

BTW, in hindsight every arm chair critic is a goddam Bradman

Yea paajee, in hindsight he, is but did you notice how he doesn't get the credit? there's a reason for that.

i don't feel like spelling everything out for you people again so I will hope you can interpret that. If not, go ahead, twist it any way you want to make yourself look like a genius. Then go ahead, throw in some sarcasm, then a smiler or two, act like you know what you're talking about my making some bs relation to what actually happened, and live happili ever after.

Ever heard of the term fool's paradise?

dont you need to plan for the fifty overs or just go ball by ball....u should be able to use all your resources.

So now he should make a plan and stick to it? You don't believe there's any room for improvisation and thinking on your feet in international cricket? God forbid the captain shows some imagination.

He's got abuse ever since he became the captain for not having a cricketing brain and not being proactive and now he takes a bit of a risk and uses some imagination and you're whinging about that too.

Big Mac said:
and he's gone for 18 runs in 3 overs and got the big wicket. Don't see what the problem is?

none what soever....but i must say u understand my point...logically it was a wrong move...but worked fine.

Mohammad Asif (rfm) 10.2 0 50 2 4.83 (0nb, 3w)
Shoaib Malik (ob) 3.0 0 17 1 5.66 (0nb, 0w)

Recent overs W 4 . . 2 1 | 1 1 1 1 1 lb | 1 1 1 1 4 1 | W 1 3 1 . lb | wd 1 W

Last wicket M Muralitharan c Iftikhar Anjum b Mohammad Asif 2 (3b 0x4 0x6) sr: 66.66
fow: 224/9 (49.2 ov); partnership: 8 runs, 1.1 overs, rr: 6.85 (Muralitharan 2, Prasad 4)

49.2 Mohammad Asif to Muralitharan, WICKET
49.1 Mohammad Asif to Prasad, 1 run, plays wide of thirdman for a single.
49.1 Mohammad Asif to Prasad, 1 wide, slower delivery down the leg side, comes down the track and misses, signalled wide.
End of over 49 (6 runs) - Sri Lanka 222/8 (rr: 4.53)

KTGD Prasad 7* (8b) Shoaib Malik 3-0-17-1
M Muralitharan 2* (2b) Mohammad Asif 10-0-48-1

Final over coming up, it will be Rana Naved to bowl.

:20: ::J

And Asif (Rana) Bowls his 11th over as per cricinfo

225 to win. Sri Lanka better be praying for rain.

none what soever....but i must say u understand my point...logically it was a wrong move...but worked fine.

If Younis Khan had done exactly the same thing I guarantee people would be praising him and saying "Inzi would never have done that, he doesn't know how to improvise"

Prasad bowled.

All over.

Pakistan need 225 to win from 50 overs

Big Mac said:
So now he should make a plan and stick to it? You don't believe there's any room for improvisation and thinking on your feet in international cricket? God forbid the captain shows some imagination.

That's exactly what I believe he isn't doing. He SHOULD be improvising according to the situation. Like you know, bringing on the strike bowler when a team is on the brink. Instead, he didn't do that. And after the crap he took from people, he decided to try it in the match after. What improvisation? Doesn't that seem premeditated to you?

Big Mac said:
If Younis Khan had done exactly the same thing I guarantee people would be praising him and saying "Inzi would never have done that, he doesn't know how to improvise"

I do agree that Inzi is underestimated but still u can't say that he has all holes covered.

kablooee87 said:
Yea paajee, in hindsight he, is but did you notice how he doesn't get the credit? there's a reason for that.

i don't feel like spelling everything out for you people again so I will hope you can interpret that. If not, go ahead, twist it any way you want to make yourself look like a genius. Then go ahead, throw in some sarcasm, then a smiler or two, act like you know what you're talking about my making some bs relation to what actually happened, and live happili ever after.

Ever heard of the term fool's paradise?

Yeah, you just told me a while ago that "You were from that neighborhood"

BTW, relax, take a deep breath, see what you typed, look for mistakes, and post away

that is a better use...u r learning....good job.

Ok Master Sahb...can I be excused from the class now

I have to go somewhere :26:

Sehwag has gone into the river of fire.

"aik aag ka darya hai, aur doob kai jana hai"

Big Mac said:

Spot on; seen that too many times before :19:

I do agree that Inzi is underestimated but still u can't say that he has all holes covered.

I agree. I think Inzi is a....competent captain. Compentent. If anything, he is sometimes less, but he doesn't really cost his team wins like some people think. That being said, I can't really imagine Inzi winning a game with some brilliant moves at the helm.

So you want Inzi to over night turn in to an Imran Khan

kablooee87 said:
I agree. I think Inzi is a....competent captain. Compentent. If anything, he is sometimes less, but he doesn't really cost his team wins like some people think. That being said, I can't really imagine Inzi winning a game with some brilliant moves at the helm.

u summed it up...he can't win us games bcs of his captaincy..so we dont have an edge in that department. But boy is he a great great player? no doubt in that.

Monsee said:
So you want Inzi to over night turn in to an Imran Khan

Remind me how long Inzi has been a captain again? was it last night? last I checked he hinted at ending his career after WC07. So he is well past halfway in his tenure as captain. That overnight argument might have held up last year, and even a bit longer ago.

SOLAR said:
Monsee gone aswell (probably to the mumbai incident)

And that would be???

BTW, Sehwag cannot drown due to his lovely Girlish figure and that 'Little' belly

btw .....I'm loving this indian collapse once again. Doesn't matter how many times I see it, never gets old.

Monsee said:
Spot on; seen that too many times before :19:

The best moment was when someone was praising Younis for his captaincy in Inzi's absence on the 5th day in Bangalore even though Inzi hadn't been off the field

kablooee87 said:
Remind me how long Inzi has been a captain again? was it last night? last I checked he hinted at ending his career after WC07. So he is well past halfway in his tenure as captain. That overnight argument might have held up last year, and even a bit longer ago.

Give me an option better than Inzi; please don't bother saying YK because most Pak fans believe he 'Doesn't deserve a place in the team'

I am not defending Inzi at all, he is what he is...

Us PPers already listen to Amjid and Co. biatc.hing about Inzi the captain only 10,000 times a day...there is a limit to what a person can take :(

Big Mac said:
The best moment was when someone was praising Younis for his captaincy in Inzi's absence on the 5th day in Bangalore even though Inzi hadn't been off the field

I remember that; I believe you did mention that fact in that thread too

u summed it up...he can't win us games bcs of his captaincy..so we dont have an edge in that department. But boy is he a great great player? no doubt in that.

Who does have an edge in that department? Vaughan is overrated as a captain, Punter is a terrible captain, Smith is all mouth and no substance, Dravid is decent but not great, Chanderpaul is widely criticised by the Windies fans far more than we could ever do with Inzi, Attapatu's captaincy consists of "Here you go Murali, you bowl from this end and Chaminda will bowl from the other. You set your own field and I'll just stand here. Fleming's captaincy hasn't been as impressive recently as it was a few years ago either.

So please point out to me which international team has a captain who will win games for them via the strength of their captaincy skills alone?

Monsee said:
I remember that; I believe you did mention that fact in that thread too

I even posted pictures of Inzi on the field but funnily enough never got a reply from whichever prat had been doing the whinging.

Big Mac said:
Who does have an edge in that department? Vaughan is overrated as a captain, Punter is a terrible captain, Smith is all mouth and no substance, Dravid is decent but not great, Chanderpaul is widely criticised by the Windies fans far more than we could ever do with Inzi, Attapatu's captaincy consists of "Here you go Murali, you bowl from this end and Chaminda will bowl from the other. You set your own field and I'll just stand here. Fleming's captaincy hasn't been as impressive recently as it was a few years ago either.

So please point out to me which international team has a captain who will win games for them via the strength of their captaincy skills alone?

i dont want to get into a debate...for i support Inzi but wish to have his weakness removed....

But as a captain only...

Ponting Vs Inzi -> Ponting
Smith Vs Inzi -> Smith
Vaughn Vs Inzi -> Vaughn
Fleming Vs Inzi -> Fleming

Atapatu, Chanderpaul and Dravid are same as Inzi though...
Dravid is not a good captain, all thinking comes from Greg.

Big Mac said:

Ditto and right on the money:

Over rated:
Vaughan, Smith

Decent:
Flemming, Dravid,

Crap:
Punter, Attapatu, Chanderpaul

Inzi doesn't look that bad; he is not the smartest or most pro-active of the bunch but he is quite OK I guess with the resources he usually has had on his hands!

Most of the time, he didn't even have his best bowlers or players to help win a game for him

Monsee said:
Give me an option better than Inzi; please don't bother saying YK because most Pak fans believe he 'Doesn't deserve a place in the team'
(

A Certain AJ Comes to Mind

ok Let's Close this discussion here....
Inzi is the captain...we have to support him..he should stay till WCup...but no harm in discussing the shortcomings.

i dont want to get into a debate...for i support Inzi but wish to have his weakness removed....

But as a captain only...

Smith Vs Inzi -> Smith
Vaughn Vs Inzi -> Vaughn

You said "he can't win us games bcs of his captaincy..so we dont have an edge in that department."

None of those captains will win games purely because of their captaincy so nobody has an edge in that department. You may as well whinge because we don't have Bradman playing for us too.

But as a captain only...

Smith Vs Inzi -> Smith
Vaughn Vs Inzi -> Vaughn

Smith Vs Inzi And Smith comes as a winner :O What have you been on lately..

and yeah, Zeenix has the right idea. There is NO way on earth that any sane person could say Punter and Grim are better captains than Inzi.

Punter is a terrible captain, and Graeme can only talk.

Dravid and Fleming are pretty decent.

Shoaib Malik and Imran Farhat are at the crease. Shoaib Malik is on strike. Lasith Malinga will open the attack

smart move, kamran kept down the order

tahaqureshi said:
Shoaib Malik and Imran Farhat are at the crease. Shoaib Malik is on strike. Lasith Malinga will open the attack

smart move, kamran kept down the order

Taha, there's a part 2 for our innigs.

And whilst we were discussing it, another after-shock (some people refer it to pre-earthquake shock) occured. (Right now i am In District Alai one of the worst hit areas). The mountains are still rocking..

ok Let's Close this discussion here....
Inzi is the captain...we have to support him..he should stay till WCup...but no harm in discussing the shortcomings.

That's quite fair

zeenix said:
And whilst we were discussing it, another after-shock (some people refer it to pre-earthquake shock) occured. (Right now i am In District Alai one of the worst hit areas). The mountains are still rocking..

:( :(

Ya Allah reham

Rumor says that now they are pre-shocks of an Earthquake of 9.3 magnitude NOT so distant in the future. And MOst of the populace believes this rumour.

Just came back upstairs after witnessing the Mumbai Massacre. Good time to return I see, as we want to close the discussion on Inzi, I think that's fair.

I might later on tomorrow find that Inzi captaincy thread or if it's not there make a new one to collect my thoughts on the issue in one place but right now this isn't the place to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back