Pak vs WI: 1st Test Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fidel Edwards [Edit by Mods: Language Bhai Sahib!!] in dono ne ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just 34 overs thus far in almost 2.5 hours session, pathetic over-rate!

akmal chasing his 3rd consecative ton on this ground!

moyo has already achieved this with his ton!

MIG said:
No point in having a go at Windies tonite - light will be bad and they will walk off - best to play till the end and use conditions in the morning which favoured us on the first day
agreed

Looks like Pak want to declare soon !! why this flurry of shots near lunch time ?

MIG said:
No point in having a go at Windies tonite - light will be bad and they will walk off - best to play till the end and use conditions in the morning which favoured us on the first day

I would keep batting till I got a lead of 300+, and play to bowl the WI out for an innings win. I think Kaneria would be very hard to play on this pitch.

Pakistan 396/6 @ lunch

another half-sessions batting or full sessions batting and then declare.

The score card reminds of one v england here last year:-

Pakistan 1st innings R M B 4 6
Shoaib Malik c Plunkett b Hoggard 0 3 6 0 0
Salman Butt c Jones b Plunkett 28 93 64 3 0
Asim Kamal lbw b Hoggard 5 15 8 1 0
Mohammad Yousuf c Pietersen b Udal 223 602 373 26 2
*Inzamam-ul-Haq run out (Vaughan) 97 170 101 9 2
Hasan Raza c Flintoff b Harmison 21 41 32 4 0
Shoaib Akhtar c Udal b Plunkett 38 96 81 4 2
+Kamran Akmal c Vaughan b Flintoff 154 326 242 14 0
Naved-ul-Hasan not out 42 59 38 4 1
Extras (b 5, lb 12, w 4, nb 7) 28
Total (8 wickets dec, 156.2 overs, 707 mins) 636

:)

Hopefully Mohd Yousuf will score another double and Kami a 100 ,and then they should go all out lathi charge and get as many runs possible in the last session ,and declare at the E.O.D.
So Pakistani Pacers can take adventage of the morning dew and get some early break thorughs.

Amjid Javed said:

Lets hope the result is the same too ;-)

Amjid Javed said:

I would follow the same gameplan too, bat until maybe lunch tomorrow if possible. That is of course, if we can get there. This way , we take up all the time on the pitch when it is good for batting(days 2 and 3 and bit of 4)

Last edited:
kablooee87 said:
I would follow the same gameplan too, bat until maybe lunch tomorrow if possible. That is of course, if we can get there.
Nah, we dont have Shoaib to run through them if things look difficult

Daoud said:
Nah, we dont have Shoaib to run through them if things look difficult

even so..do you need more than 5 sessions to get a team out? I mean, if you can't get em out then fine...settle for the draw...it's 5 frigging sessions!

Yousuf has scored (171/406) % of our runs, great contribution

(I don't have a calculator)

UJ said:
Yousuf has scored (171/406) % of our runs, great contribution

(I don't have a calculator)
you are on a computer make an effort. you can do it. 42% :)

Thanks all for your support. I'll get back to you with the answer when I've worked out how to use this stupid log function.

UJ said:
Thanks all for your support. I'll get back to you with the answer when I've worked out how to use this stupid log function.
are you doing research in math that you are talking about log and then it will be sin, consine, inverse and deravative OR you can just divide 171 by 406 to get the answer

12thMan said:
are you doing research in math that you are talking about log and then it will be sin, consine, inverse and deravative OR you can just divide 171 by 406 to get the answer

What do you know, I found the divide button

Anyway back to the cricket, these two should start accelerating so we can declare today.

Congratulations to Fidel Edwards on a fine century :14: :14: :14:

abdul9383: No work or school tomorrow? Staying up late tonight? :)

Why did Razzaq come out to bat before Akmal. Akmal needs to be given more responsibility with the bat. razzaq is a 3rd pacer and should only concentrate on picking up wickets.

As of this moment, Mohammed Yousuf is averaging 100.00 in test matches in 2006.

Of course, that'll drop down once he gets out in this innings(if i gets out :)) but we can still revel in the moment can't we? :>

zeenix said:
Well if he goes Not Out. Wow.. what a feat it would be then ..
exactly...that would be awesome.....there's actually a decent chance of it happening. He needs to bat out the day or until Inzamam decides to declare.

couple of bachays racing with the fielder to get the ball. player can't stop the ball and ball goes over the boundry and one kid gets the ball and celebrates

Oh what a beautiful sound of AZAN ,how unlucky am I ,haven't heard the call for prayer in yeras.

12thMan said:
couple of bachays racing with the fielder to get the ball. player can't stop the ball and ball goes over the boundry and one kid gets the ball and celebrates
classic! remember the kids during the England series? How one of them pushed the other to get that ball and the kid started crying. LOL, and they even showed replays and concluded that the kid was faking it.

kablooee87 said:
exactly...that would be awesome.....there's actually a decent chance of it happening. He needs to bat out the day or until Inzamam decides to declare.

With Less then 3 hours or so remaining + Tea Break, so if he negotiates and keep his head level, while let Akmal go berserk, then it would indeed be a possibility..

darkmoon459 said:
Oh what a beautiful sound of AZAN ,how unlucky am I ,haven't heard the call for prayer in yeras.

That's one of the perks of living in Pakistan

kablooee87 said:
As of this moment, Mohammed Yousuf is averaging 100.00 in test matches in 2006.

Of course, that'll drop down once he gets out in this innings(if i gets out :)) but we can still revel in the moment can't we? :>
:14: :27: a big achievement and he started the year at 49-50 career average and gone over 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back