Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Surprisngly Pakistan missed Shadab during fielding, batting and bowling. Well, mabe not the last one but definitely the 1st 2 aspects.
Fielding yes, though he did field as substitute, but batting ….?

Surprisngly Pakistan missed Shadab during fielding, batting and bowling. Well, mabe not the last one but definitely the 1st 2 aspects.
Whatever we do, firesback, this WC is a painful one. Anyways we were expected to lose against SENA + India, SL almost upset us. Best finish 6th, and we cannot even ht sixes in a small stadium.

I hope Pakistan realizes that they didn't lose the match because they are chasing. Chasing was the right thing.

But knowing Pakistan, they will think that they need to bat first against NZ.

If Australia employed this short ball tactic from ball one this would have been one-sided. For some reason entire powre play was without any bouncers. Not a single pak batsman was comfortable pulling the ball

To all those guys, save wicket and hit at the end... Results would be same... I still think it's all openers fault... They should have dug in.

The type of game Usama Mir had actually shows how poor our bench strength is. We had literally 11 players in total out of which Naseem got injured and Shadab got a free pass for his T20 displays.

Time to turn off the stream.

Well played to Australia.

Dosti XI should book their return flights, or as punishment should just set out on foot to the Wagah border.
We can send them home via Punjab Roadways bus of 80s model.3 hrs journey in that is Enuff punishment

The type of game Usama Mir had actually shows how poor our bench strength is. We had literally 11 players in total out of which Naseem got injured and Shadab got a free pass for his T20 displays.
We didn’t develop any bench.

Babar loves an unchanged XI. This is on him.

Afridi ahead of Hasan and rauf. Maybe he has taken a few batting tips from Senior Afridi whcih he can showcase tonight.

They should make it around 325, keep NRR close, who knows we may need it though at this point it doesn't look likely.

This is why I never select any pakistani player in my franchise cricket league lol

It’s over.

Wasn’t good enough. Australia were there for the taking and we did a bottle job.

If Ifti had not got out , this would have been a close game
But he would get out vs spin, like Saud gets out vs pace. Babar is weak against leg spin. Too many weak spots in there. One of the openers should have gone out their and started to hit from ball 1. You cant chase such a total with both openers hitting a 50 at a 90 SR.

what a horrible player this usama mir has turned out to be..complete dud while fielding ..expensive with ball in hand and cant bat either

So Ifty bowled exceptionally better than both Nawaz & Mir. Nawaz should be dropped next match and Agha brought back to give some depth to the batting.

Pakistan has to win comprehensively in all the remaining matches so have any hope of making it to the semis.

If you replace 2 balls to 1 ball on this pitch, you will get close matches... It is not like England where weather interferes and alters the game to make it close! 1 Ball can give the necessary grip & reverse swing for the bowlers to keep down the score well below 300...

What a game from Usama Mir and I hope I never have to watch him play another ODI for Pakistan.

Barring some sort of miracle, Pakistan is unlikely to make the semi's at this point. Just an awful team, with one of the worst bowling attacks in the WC, awful fielding, mediocre batting and the worst captain the WC. Pakistan zindabad!

Back