Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Shadab would have been hit for 100 runs in this game. You can't judge Usama on one game, especially world cup debut against a big team on a flat track.
Regardless the team balance gets thrown into disarray. It’s not his fault that Nawaz is a tailender but Shadab’s batting is just too important when we have nothing to come

Pakistan's lack of six hittling capability is alarming. On flat pitches they need batsmen who can clear the ropes at will. Just 5 so far.

Shadab would have been hit for 100 runs in this game. You can't judge Usama on one game, especially world cup debut against a big team on a flat track.
Usama dropped warner which cost 153 runs and made the difference. Usama alone is responsible for this result. Should be put on the next flight back

Decent effort but the bowling cost us today. People mad at not chasing 370 are deluded.

The bowling and fielding had to.be better.

Pakistan should now hope for more upsets to South Africa and England (they both still to play against Afghanistan & Netherlands respectively I guess...!)

Time to turn off the stream.

Well played to Australia.

Dosti XI should book their return flights, or as punishment should just set out on foot to the Wagah border.
Yeah why dish out a return flight in Business Class on Emirates via Dubai.

Supposedly Pakistan's economy is in a bad shape. Let them walk into Lahore via Wagah and send a bus to take them back to Gaddafi.

This out of Nawaz reminded me of that suspicious Dubai league or something which was investigated.
Only Nawaz getting out of course not implying match fixed

Babar needs to released from captaincy
From team too.

I honestly believe we won't be worse off if babar is dropped. He adds nothing special in matches that matter. You can replace him with Agha and won't find much difference. Unless we are playing Nepal, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Mongolia etc. That's when king comes to life.

Why don’t they just take singles and doubles till the last 3 overs when an extra fielder wil have to come in??? Why Brian fart batting

Zampa is average in terms of leg spin but his stock delivery is googly which makes him a wicket-taker.

I would only play Babar vs Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

Do not play him vs England, South Africa or New Zealand.

It was always going to be hard hitting 8 an over for 50 overs.

People think chasing 370 is a joke.

Pakistan were never really in the hunt despite starting well because the RRR continued to climb.

Pakistan is selecting ODI team based on T20 performance. This is the main issue why this ODI team is so pathetic. You can sneak in fake allrounders like Shadab & Nawaz in T20s but in ODIs, they get exposed and the team pays the price.

Zampa Warne... Pakistan can make any tom dick and harry look world beater...
Again people with this stupid disrespect of Zampa. Utterly clueless, do you watch this guy play? Do you know how long he's been their premiere white ball spinner? He's a match winner and has done it again today.

Tough luck to Pakistan. They fought back but gave too many runs to Warner and Marsh.. that's the difference here

Zampa taking Babar , Rizwan and Ifthikhar at crucial times.. goes to show that good spinners in rhythm will have success in India, and setup win crucial games and against top teams...... while i write this he took Nawaz too...

Pakistan lacking a gulf in this area, Shadab going woefully out of form...

From team too.

I honestly believe we won't be worse off if babar is dropped. He adds nothing special in matches that matter. You can replace him with Agha and won't find much difference. Unless we are playing Nepal, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Mongolia etc. That's when king comes to life.
We made record chase of WC cricket with Babar barely contributing.

It was always going to be hard hitting 8 an over for 50 overs.

People think chasing 370 is a joke.

Pakistan were never really in the hunt despite starting well because the RRR continued to climb.

Tbf they were in the hut as long as the openers were their.

Problem is imam after he scores 50 is the only batsmen who scores his next runs slower then his first 50.

Abdullah looks like his muscles are made out if ramen noodles, no power game, Babar is beyond useless against spin.

Once these 3 were gone, Game over.

If this was someone like bairstow or conway making 70 of 70, you'd see them quickly get a rapid 120 of 88 balls lol.

Again people with this stupid disrespect of Zampa. Utterly clueless, do you watch this guy play? Do you know how long he's been their premiere white ball spinner? He's a match winner and has done it again today.
Exactly , he has taken wickets of subcontinent batsman who are generally good against spin and setting up the win for Aussies...

Decent effort but the bowling cost us today. People mad at not chasing 370 are deluded.

The bowling and fielding had to.be better.
When none of your batters can play a 120-130 sr innings when chasing 350+, the batting wasn't right. Just made to look ok by easy pitch.

How come Ifti didn't complete his 10 overs? Usama dropped Warner and then gave at over 9 runs an over. We all got our wish and Usama shat big time.

Cannot play Nawaz at 7
Salman needs to replace him

And just rule Fakhar out of the tournament and get Abrar as his replacement
Abrar can then replace Usama in the team

Wickets in the hand is the key .11-12 run rate in last 7 over is not a big deal here .
That's why I said Pakistan openers were set the tone but Babar Azam lost this game for Pakistan .

Surprisngly Pakistan missed Shadab during fielding, batting and bowling. Well, mabe not the last one but definitely the 1st 2 aspects.
Shadab was on the field as a substitute fielder for best part of the last 10 overs.

It’s like I’m watching 2019 replay
Asif Ali dropping Warner . Today usama
Shaheen getting Maxwell . Same as today
Imam getting out after good start
Babar bottling
Hassan and shaheen coming to bat with high RR

Cannot play Nawaz at 7

He will go for runs as well, whole PP here was screaming for Usama and did tatti big time today, i can't remember anyone doing such a big bottle job.

Nawaz isn't doing much with the bowl either. Replace with Salman Agha.

Send Iftikhar chacha above the current order maybe even in opening powerplay.

Cannot play Nawaz at 7

Still think this team gives hope?

No disrespect bro, but this is what I was saying in the 2027 post. Our literal reserves are better then our bench strength, Abrar, Haris and zaman are way better then our current crop of out of form fakhar, Usama/Shadab, agha lol

The pakistan way

Yeah we don’t believe in hitting sixes. Australia does
Pakistan do not losing becouse they can't hit six but they did not build partnership after openers gave them perfect platform.

Even then it's going to be difficult to chase a huge target against this quality attack. There is no more pathirana to gift you runs, just look at how hazlewood has bowled on this road

Game was lost from the moment the toss decision was made
It was a good plan to chase against Aus as they are struggling with their batting form till this match and asking them to set a target but then gifting runs ( Haris leaking so much and no plan B from Babar) and the drop catches ... Hope Usama Mir never play for Pak again, he single handedly lost the match for Pak.

Run rate has gone from 8 an over to 13 an over
Yet people are justifying openers playing at 6 an over

Imam and Abdullah both scored at 100+ lol today XD.

I get what you mean though. But they sis their jobs, problem was babar, Rizzu and nawaz onwards
That isn't how it works my friend.

Opening is the most critical part of chasing a big total. You need to set the tone early if you are serious about chasing. These run a ball knocks just don't cut it.

Back