Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Aussies have already saved 8-12 runs in the field minus that 6 of course

Some of you need to relax. 167 in the last 20 overs with 8 wickets in hand is very manageable.

Have to hit boundaries to zampa and Maxwell no other chance or takes 5 6 singles

As usual ott stuff from fans on this thread.

Pakistans approach is good. Get 200 by the 30th over with the loss of max 2 wickets, than attack at the rrr for the last 20 overs, making it a t20.

Approach is very good uptil now. They should look to get 100 by 15th over
that is the old 80s approach... anyhow Pak also cannot get there in 30 overs with this two batting.. look at Imam he is eyeing for 100 ball 100 without hitting a six and get out..

Captain? Oh hell naw 😂😂. He'd be a horrible captain lol. If you want someone to captain, have haris captain, he already proved himself in the emerging acc Asia cup.

Abdullah would be as clueless as babar as a captain lol, he just wouldn't be nepotsitic and adopt a dosti yaari culture, but as a captain he'd a dummy.

The cupboard is bare as they say. Ideally if Imam was a bit younger I'd want him to captain. He should've captained Pakistan in this WC.

I'd have a punt on Abdullah Shafique if he can prove himself with the bat.

Who’s that one English commentator that criticizes Babar? Is he in the comm-box? Why isn’t he saying anything about this terrible batting?

Another one down lol Australia's fielding is getting worse. already their catch efficiency is 53%. It will go even lower.

Australian's know that if they get these two out... They are not going to win this...they are better off bowling to these two selfish players.

No one is better than timing than Babar in the history of Pakistan of cricket.
Babar had more test games? How come?
No lol, Yousaf was a million times superior, saeed Anwar was also superior in asian conditons only in terms of timing, otherwise saeed was a taikender in sena.

Javed miandad was also superior in timing.

Babar just has a superior cover drive. You overrate babar too much bro. I get that some posters overhate him and have no clue how cricket works, but he isn't this god that you've made him out to be lol. He's a good batsmen, but he isn't some timing prodigy lol.

Two catches dropped. Openers need to go big here and capitalize on dropped catches.

Going great so far - just need a 20 run over somewhere in next 10-12 overs. That should take it to 170 in 25. Game on

Aussies have big hearts too, dropping catches and all ❤️
Hope the openers still remember that they are chasing 368 and not 320.

No lol, Yousaf was a million times superior, saeed Anwar was also superior in asian conditons only in terms of timing, otherwise saeed was a taikender in sena.

Javed miandad was also superior in timing.

Babar just has a superior cover drive. You overrate babar too much bro. I get that some posters overhate him and have no clue how cricket works, but he isn't this god that you've made him out to be lol. He's a good batsmen, but he isn't some timing prodigy lol.
Javed miandad? Seriously? Are you for real? Man. I don't wana argue anymore. Sure. lol :D

Pakistan posting mini me version of Australia opening stand. Just hope the boost will happen like it did for Australia.

Imam just wants to play all his shots down the ground. Pathetic approach.

They're trying to accelerate but cannot. Talent issue not approach issue

The cupboard is bare as they say. Ideally if Imam was a bit younger I'd want him to captain. He should've captained Pakistan in this WC.

I'd have a punt on Abdullah Shafique if he can prove himself with the bat.
That's the problem, we shpuld not make our best players in a season captain 😂, the guy barely has any list A games, and you want him as captain?

Sarfi deserved to be captain cause he captained under 19 to victory and psl. Imad, Shaheen( When fit), haris can be captain cause they have experience.

Having babar captain was the reason he regressed slightly with that pot belly lol. Abdullah is fine as a solid batter. Learn from kohli, Kohli's captaincy was badly exposed whem dhoni retired and he had a garbo 2021 t20 Cup. As captain, it was clear Dhoni was doing the captaincy lol, no Dhoni meant a humiliating 10 wicket and 9 wicket loss to Nz and Pakistan deapite playing full strength hence he dropped put for rohit.

Captaincy is an art, let Abdullah bat as an opener lol.

A disaster-class in how to play mediocre spin in a run chase

Brilliant start for Pakistan.....

Rooting for them, rather Pakistan wins than the Ozzies.

Someone tell Imam that he needs to take risks as well. Can't leave Abdullah to do it all because you have no shots.

Abdullah shows intent.

Imam just aint doing it atm. Needs to just go for it.

Zampa is a good bowler but he is no Shane Warne. Wipes the floor with our spinners though who might not be even good enough for Zimbabwe team.

Back