Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Zampa can make a difference. His 10 overs are going to be crucial. 60/0 in his 10, Pakistan will win this .

Out of the two it's Shafique who can up the ante. Imam will bat at 90SR throughout his innings he will not accelerate. That's his problem.

Backing Shafique to start the hitting after that drop and make his innings count.

Pak going good. Run a ball is okay with wicket in hands. 67 runs difference over 300 can be covered easily after ~35th over on this ground.

This Shafique guy is a Babar clone. A tuk tuk that will haunt Pakistan with soft runs. Empty runs. Laughable runs. Nothing good. Terrible news.

He should've shown more intent in the powerplay but trust me this guy could become a batting star. He has all the shots. The problem is Babar and co haven't roped him in properly and given enough games to settle. But he did play a quality knock against SL.

The waste of space is Imam.

This is fine. Over 6rpo with nearly a 100 knocked off.

The base is there. Key is to keep going. It's not feasible to religiously work to 8 an over. Some will be quieter than others. They're starting to play a few more shots.

That said, need to identify a couple bowlers that will concede 80

We all know collapse will come soon

Seen this movie too many times.

Only hope is a Shafique 150

Pakistan should look to achieve around 200 in 30 overs with no more than 2 wickets. 168 of last 20 overs is it an issue in Bengaluru.

My self still confused if this is the right way to go..obviously if we had gone too hard on the powerplay we would have been 3 down and already out of it

He should've shown more intent in the powerplay but trust me this guy could become a batting star. He has all the shots. The problem is Babar and co haven't roped him in properly and given enough games to settle. But he did play a quality knock against SL.

The waste of space is Imam.
Abdullah and saud are new and their superior to 2016 babar, 2018 imam and 2015 rizwan. That shows their ceiling. They just need a very long haul.

As long as our management isn't clueless 😭.

He lacks a bit of power, which is his weakness but I've always loved his batting in test. He knows how to play long and vital innings. He'd be perfect with saim ayub.

If imam scores a 100 today, he's his 2nd 50 will be slower then his 1st lol

Definitely needs to work on his power game otherwise he'll end up getting on the caught every time.

This is so disturbing!! A Pakistani can't say Pakistan zindabad!! These kinds of rubbish attitudes you don't expect to see in a world cup.

Oh Imran Nazir, really need a player like him, but a bit starter than him as well.

A personal run a ball fifty from both players is no good here. One or if not both need to get a move on here after drinks

Abdullah and saud are new and their superior to 2016 babar, 2018 imam and 2015 rizwan. That shows their ceiling. They just need a very long haul.

As long as our management isn't clueless 😭.
Babar was 21 in 2016. Shafique is 24. The comparison is vague.

Imam completely eating away all the progress being made from the other end.. bet Abdullah will be the first one to get dismissed among the two .

Imam was on something like 25 off 18. Goes to show how much he's slowed down since then.

Keep faith. The problem is Imam has stopped showing intent and it wouldn't surprise me if he's now just going to play for his place in the side.
Let’s be honest. Both are slowing down.

Imam is hitting singles.

Shafique is playing dots and an odd boundary.

Pakistan were 101/0 after 16 in that 350 run chase against Australia.

97/0 here. Not a lot off but chasing 20 more runs as well. However, they didn't have Maxi, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood then.

The Aussies have bowled junk . With a little bit of proactive mentality, Pak should have been 120+ now

Atleast he shows intent on trying to hit 😂😂, and doesn't try to slow down for milestones lol.

If he can cement his place in the side and reach his ceiling, I would like to see him captain Pakistan one day. He's got good mentality.

Babar was 21 in 2016. Shafique is 24. The comparison is vague.

Yes but babar had more list A and test games under his belt and had already faced stark In his under 19 days.

Babar in 2016 was basically just a superior version of shehzad, unlike shehzad he wasn't vulnerable to the one that angles in, but he lacked the ability to take singles or hit properly.

Abdullah lacks the ability to hit properly but he is 100x superior in terms of timing and rotating strike then debut babar.

I will say this, currently babar is 100x superior on terms of pace to anyone in pur circuit. He's Average against spin though, even imam is superior to babar when it comes to spin.

Let’s be honest. Both are slowing down.

Imam is hitting singles.

Shafique is playing dots and an odd boundary.

Imam was 25 off 18 (or something like that) but has done nothing since then.

Shafique was slow during overs 5-10 but has picked up the pace.

I'm more concerned about Imam because he's got limited shot range. Shafique has shown that he can kick on and go big.

Guys, this is a demonstration on how not to chase 360...sit back and learn.
Pathetic batting by Imam/Shafique.

A loosing innings. Waste of PP.

100 runs in 20 overs is Misbah era batting. When you end the innings on 250-270 runs!

Haha!!!! 😆

Breaking News

1. DRS is down for some time
2. Dew is started to have affect on this game

If he can cement his place in the side and reach his ceiling, I would like to see him captain Pakistan one day. He's got good mentality.
Captain? Oh hell naw 😂😂. He'd be a horrible captain lol. If you want someone to captain, have haris captain, he already proved himself in the emerging acc Asia cup.

Abdullah would be as clueless as babar as a captain lol, he just wouldn't be nepotsitic and adopt a dosti yaari culture, but as a captain he'd a dummy.

Imam playing the clasical 90 runs in 110 balls type of innings..this useless batsman gets slower as innings progresses.

Yes but babar had more list A and test games under his belt and had already faced stark In his under 19 days.

Babar in 2016 was basically just a superior version of shehzad, unlike shehzad he wasn't vulnerable to the one that angles in, but he lacked the ability to take singles or hit properly.

Abdullah lacks the ability to hit properly but he is 100x superior in terms of timing and rotating strike then debut babar.

I will say this, currently babar is 100x superior on terms of pace to anyone in pur circuit. He's Average against spin though, even imam is superior to babar when it comes to spin.
No one is better than timing than Babar in the history of Pakistan of cricket.
Babar had more test games? How come?

Both are approaching 50s so a slowdown is expected from them. Not right though.

Imam was 25 off 18 (or something like that) but has done nothing since then.

Shafique was slow during overs 5-10 but has picked up the pace.

I'm more concerned about Imam because he's got limited shot range. Shafique has shown that he can kick on and go big.
They need to at least score at 6.5 .... thats all we are asking.

Indian social media warriors made such a big deal when light tower went out during match in Pakistan in the Asia Cup, as if their own country has become a first world country. DRS down in the middle of a match.

Back