Pakistan [305 all out] slide to a 62-run defeat to Australia [367/9] at the ICC World Cup 2023 in Bengaluru

Tbf, Imam is playing well, I wouldn't mind if imam played like this for all innings and the rest of the world cup

You don't need flashy sixes or flashy 4's ro strike at 90 to 110. Imam is going over sr 100

Why Pakistani fans are crying about run rate .they are setting great platform .at this stadium 3 over can produce 50 runs at any stage if they have wickets in hand
And who will produce 50 in 3 for Pakistan? India can , England can even NZ can .. definitely SA with klassen and Miller in there.. who will do that for Pak? Saud Shakeel?

So no 6 even at Chinnaswamy. Hmmm maybe they should play at Gangzhou with 50 metere boundaries to break the jinx.

I'm really surprised by Pakistani start as I thought they will lose 2 wickets in PP . they are playing nicely just need to rotate the strikes more with odd boundary

People who are saying that saving wicket and going hard at the end overs is great idea. I would like to ask them who would accelerate when you have so many accumulators in line up?
1st 10 overs were vital, where this two failed to capitalize.

lol @ run a ball powerplay from Pakistan chasing 368. 0 wickets lost too and still there is zero aggression.

Disappointing stuff.

We will know how this match goes zampa and Maxwell will be bowling here have to attack them somehow

I reckon it will be against BD where Pak breaks the jinx and scores a SIX within first PP.

another PP without a six & there was no effort to try one!!!!

These two guys are on a mission.
A mission not to win this game but to secure their position.

It is very very surprising you go without a six on this ground especially while chasing.
For sure. Pak needed to be at 90 runs in 10 overs. Poor batting by pak. Even Netherlands or afg would be more aggressive. Pak playing like a minnow team...

No need to panic. It's flat pitch and outfield is super fast.

Play some shots and it will go for 4s. 3-4 big overs will bring the RR down.

Pakistan has mostly scored on poor balls so far. Needs to start playing some shots on decent balls rather than always waiting for poor ball.

Give these losers a 30 meter boundary they still won’t hit a 6 it’s like they’ve sworn not to hit aerial shots, can only be insecurity about there places. In the side.

Abdullah Shafique is another timid cricketer that we have produced. Why can’t we produce batsmen that aren’t so bloody timid?

I can today understand the frustration of watching imam ul haq batting. The guy just doesn't take any risk, score doesn't matter to him.

Attachments

• IMG20231020191936.jpg
    IMG20231020191936.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
5 overs 40 runs and next 6 overs 21 runs without losing a wicket... usually teams will launch the attack from there on but only Pak applies a reverse gear

They have got set now. Time for at least Imam to start going after the bowling

Placing pressure on themselves. Wicket on the way as a result.

This is way too timid. Both anchoring the innings? You have anchor at 3 too. Where is the dasher at the top especially chasing huge target

They were at 40 runs after 5 runs. A whopping 21 runs in the following 6 runs and no batsmen have been dismissed.

Absolutely criminal.

No need to panic. It's flat pitch and outfield is super fast.

Play some shots and it will go for 4s. 3-4 big overs will bring the RR down.
Exactly my point. when Rohit scored 209 here he was completed his fifty in 70 balls and India were going at less than 6 in initially 20 over still they scored 385.

Back