Pakistan A vs Australia A : 1st Test (Jun 26-29)

Ali888

First Class Captain
Runs
Live Scorecard...

http://ls.cricket.com.au/HomeFullScorecard104_2434_1.html

Non-working Scorecard...

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/match/402824.html

Australia A
Cameron White (captain), Adam Voges (vice-captain), George Bailey, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Broad, Burt Cockley, Callum Ferguson, Brett Geeves+, Moises Henriques*, Jon Holland, Michael Klinger, Jason Krejza, Shaun Marsh+, Clint McKay, Tim Paine, Shaun Tait*+, David Warner

Pakistan A
1. Mohammad Hafeez, 2. Khalid Latif, 3. Azhar Ali, 4. Azeem Ghumman, 5.Sheheryar Ghani, 6. Umar Amin, 7. Umar Akmal, 8. Fahad Iqbal, 9. Mohammad Talha, 10. Wahab Riaz, 11. Naved Arif, 12. Fahad Masood
13. Abdur Rehman, 14. Sarfraz Ahmed W/K

Last edited:
pak have a few pacemen to watch out for, but so does aus mckay and specially cockley whoose pretty sharp

Under 30 min to ago before start of the test right?

GOOD LUCK PAKISTAN!!

Looking forwarded to the performances of:

Azhar Ali
Umar Amin
Talha
Naved Arif
Sarfraz.

Should have given a young spinner like Yasir Shah a go rather then Rehman.

Other then that its a good squad if not raw,

Best of luck

Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, and Talha are the people to watch for

Thanks for that RA. Any idea what the conditions are like at Townsville? Is it a bowl first pitch?

Sheikh said:
Thanks for that RA. Any idea what the conditions are like at Townsville? Is it a bowl first pitch?

No idea Sheikh, although it is Townsville so should be humid and possibly swinging. The wickets up the top end tend to be pretty dead in general.

Looks like we've gone with this XI:

1) Azhar Ali
2) Khalid Latif
3) Mohammad Hafeez (C)
4) Umar Amin
5) Umar Akmal
6) Fahad Iqbal
7) Sarfraz Ahmed (WK)
8) Abdur Rehman
9) Wahab Riaz
10) Naved Arif
11) Mohammad Talha

Little disappointed to be honest. I don't rate Latif, Hafeez, or Iqbal and would have liked to have seen Ghumman and Ghani in the XI. But hey, let's hope they put on a good show.

What has Fahad Iqbal done? His record pales when compared to Azeem and some others.

mmkextreme_1 said:
No early break through, but then again it can be a flat pitch?!

The pitches up North are more like subcontinent pitches. They do not have the bounce characteristic of Australian pitches in the main cities.

Random Aussie said:
The pitches up North are more like subcontinent pitches. They do not have the bounce characteristic of Australian pitches in the main cities.

Oh thanks for the info! So that means batting should be too hard for us?! Well I hope not.

Still not happy with the team selection in my perspective!

why hafiz didnt opt for bat....always batting first is good even if it is green wicket then whats the benefit of playing there...

Over 15.1: Talha to Broad, no run, OUT, edges the ball into the slips and after a bit of juggling Broad is caught at first slip

Some dodgy slip-catchers, but at least they held on. Talha with the breakthrough.

Australia A - 3/75 (22.1 overs)

Wahab Riaz gets Ferguson

Over 22.1: Riaz to Ferguson, no run, OUT, edges the ball straight to the gloves of Ahmed at keeper

Australia in trouble :108: They have Bolinger. Have not heard of Holland
Talha 4 noballs
Over 23.3: Talha to White, one run, DROPPED, flicks the ball through square leg and is put down at bat pad

Pakistan A bowling well, after a loose start.

From the ball by ball there are a lot of shots going around the slip cordon and square so decsion to bowl looks good....

Arif, Riaz, and Talha. This ART attack looks quite capable on paper

Talha needs to get his NB issue sorted out. I hope he's using a runup marker to keep his runup distance the same.

Over 27.1: Talha to White, FOUR, drives the ball firmly down the ground and across the rope for four runs bringing up 100 runs for Australia A

AUS 3/128 (37.0)

Rehman finished his 2nd over

Abdur Rehman 0/ 3 (2.0)

At drinks Australia A are 3/134 with Cameron White 32 off 61 and Adam Voges 29 off 60

I dont mind no balls, it only proves Talha is striving for pace. Btw what are the speed guns showing? Anyone?

Abdur Rehman strikes!

Over 42.2: Rehman to White, no run, OUT, attempts to drive over the top of long off but has landed the ball straight into the hands of the fielder

Australia A - 4/142 after 43 overs

A Rehman got wicket in his 5th over,

M Talha is bowling really well but is let down by the poor fielding though, another catch dropped off his bowling

Savak said:
I dont mind no balls, it only proves Talha is striving for pace. Btw what are the speed guns showing? Anyone?

he is bowling around 150kph

Half way through the day, good effort by pakistani bowlers

Aus A 143/4 after 45 overs

Instead of bowling or batting coach we really need a fielding coach that makes all the top
50-60 of our top first class players work on their fielding 1-2 hours a days as with the runs we give in the field and the catches dropped we have to work twice as much to win matches.

Even our batman are used to hitting the gaps with our average first class fielding are unable to pierce gaps in international cricket
Butt is a good example of that

nice sunny day in queensland,, perfect day for cricket and with this A Rehamn has been hit for the first six of the match

Couch Cricketer said:
Instead of bowling or batting coach we really need a fielding coach that makes all the top
50-60 of our top first class players work on their fielding 1-2 hours a days as with the runs we give in the field and the catches dropped we have to work twice as much to win matches.

Even our batman are used to hitting the gaps with our average first class fielding are unable to pierce gaps in international cricket
Butt is a good example of that

spot on we definetly need some fielding coach like jhonty..

who_dares said:
one of my friend in queensland was there till lunch,, he told me about that

is there a speed gun or did he judge it? pp can get conformation from Talha :)

Maybe Random Aussie, OZGOD, Fish can tell us about the speeds Talha, Wahab are generating?

48 overs and 17 of them bowled by the express quick.

Is Hafeez trying to break Talha down? At this rate he will bowl 30+ overs in the day

Last edited:
Savak said:
Maybe Random Aussie, OZGOD, Fish can tell us about the speeds Talha, Wahab are generating?

I am fairly sure this is not being televised and therefore there would be no speed gun.

Random Aussie said:
48 overs and 17 of them bowled by the express quick.

Is Hafeez trying to break Talha down? At this rate he will bowl 38 overs in the day!

You have no complaints when Ponting misuses and abuses Lee, Johnson, Siddle. 148-150 km/hr plus bowlers should never be asked to bowl 20 plus overs a day day in day out.

Savak said:
You have no complaints when Ponting misuses and abuses Lee, Johnson, Siddle. 148-150 km/hr plus bowlers should never be asked to bowl 20 plus overs a day day in day out.

I don't agree with the way Ponting uses his bowlers at all. He burns them out big time.

may be Hafeez is using Talha too much coz they both play for same region

Back