Pakistan battle to save an innings defeat against England as they reach 152/6 at stumps on Day 4 of the first Test

How is that a troll? It's a very real possibility, Why not break the record?

1000 for the first time

2 triple centuries in a test

Highest partnership ever
It will happen. Realistically chances are higher. Perhaps higher than ever I've seen since watching Cricket. What can ruin this is BazzBall declaration. England will need to bat after Tea too for it to happen

71 ahead , 74 overs left in the day - I recommend get 100-120 in next 20 overs & declare because on this deck , you need lot o overs to take 10 wickets .

McCullum and Stokes probably have a choice to make now.

Go for 1000+ runs with a chance of win or declare at 750 with a guarantee of win.

It will happen. Realistically chances are higher. Perhaps higher than ever I've seen since watching Cricket. What can ruin this is BazzBall declaration. England will need to bat after Tea too for it to happen
Tbh bro, I doubt it'll happen. But I do know I'm getting my 300.

Pakistan gave up yesterday and gave up today. They ain't even gonna catch root or aren't willing to. That's how asleep they are.

Only jamal can realistically get a wicket or do something in the field. Rest are meh

PCB is killing test cricket in Pakistan. I sometimes think it's deliberate considering new generation players just want to play leagues and ICC events only. The general public in Pakistan also doesn't seem to enjoy test cricket. I have never seen good crowd in Pakistan watching and enjoying test cricket. Only in Eng, Aus and Ind test cricket has an audience.

Joe Root and Harry Brook forge England's highest-ever partnership (378*) against Pakistan.

Previous best was 359 between Jos Buttler & Zak Crawley, Southampton, 2020

If Imran ever gets out of jail and back in a position of authority , first order of business should be to petition ICC to allow Pakistani bowlers the use of bottle tops, chucking and fingernails in Test cricket.

So people who were hyping Agha innings a day ago brought to reality .
Agha > Rizwan. But Agha is a medicore player form world cricket standards. They all are except Fakhar depending on fakhar's mood.

No one can ever bring me to reality as I never entered a fantasy.

I am the only person who stays grounded and mellow.

It's kind of boring watching Test matches on flat wickets like this. But I also can't believe we might be in for a history with two triple hundreds today and a potential 1000 runs.

Although I doubt we'll get 1000 runs because stupid BazzBall rule will come into play and they'll declare.

Pakistan needs to come out of this fear of losing. Such a surface is only made due to fear of losing. Prepare good tracks you will eventually get good players too

It's kind of boring watching Test matches on flat wickets like this. But I also can't believe we might be in for a history with two triple hundreds today and a potential 1000 runs.

Although I doubt we'll get 1000 runs because stupid BazzBall rule will come into play and they'll declare.
It is kinda entertaining? From a record standpoint that is

Agha > Rizwan. But Agha is a medicore player form world cricket standards. They all are except Fakhar depending on fakhar's mood.

No one can ever bring me to reality as I never entered a fantasy.

I am the only person who stays grounded and mellow.
People are confusing his batting with bowling. As a batter he has done well in Test Cricket. As a bowler he has shown he's nothing more than a part timer. He doesn't take wickets in Test.

No one rate these innings when there will a discussion about top test knock im future.

This is actually pretty embarrassing for the PCB

The pak collapse in the 2nd innings is now becoming even more inevitable

Multiple double-hundreds in the same innings for England

G Fowler (201) & Mike Gatting (207) vs IND, Chennai, 1985

Joe Root (246*) & Harry Brook (201*) vs PAK, Multan, 2024
India has legendary Test records like these from the last century in tons :p. Glad our younger brothers are catching up to give us company.
Hopefully we get company in 900+ runs leaked club too.

Pitch is slower than it was on day 1. If England batted first , this would've been a huge massacre.
I think if England batted first. They would've declared at like 600. Because BazzBall. Now that they have seen opposition bat. They can potentially bat even for the rest of this Test match.

When Agha Salman bragged about his stats in between a test match, you know Pak test cricket is dying. They have no motivation to win, no team spirit. Just an accumulated set of stat padders.

He is just a non serious always smiling guy. He is getting free runs. He will be exposed soon when he bats in good pitches.
Who is the alternative to be the spin bowling all rounder batting at 7 in the subcontinent?
Shadab?
Nawaz?

Yes Aghas bowling is weak, his batting is decent for a 7

Let me ask you a genuine question.

This is a match thread so obviously we should stick to this match only.

What's the point of saying words like "So root top scores are against pakistan hmm predictable "

^^ What's the relevance? Is this a root only thread?

Root and Sachin are hot topics, when such comments are made qith an indirect wink to undermine him with obvious intentions to protect your king.

I'll call you out. It's very easy to read between the lines.
You are a very dumb poster bro, no offence.

Calling out the quality of this knock has nothing to do with Sachin.

You are simply making things up to start a flame war.

Some posters including the mods were getting angry whenever it was mentioned that wicket is flat during the innings.

Better for all of you to talk about Pakistan vs England game.

No off-topic stuff here.
Fair, I won't bring up anything Indian related again but at the very least I wish for people to talk about the game and records broken and what not.

Their also comments being made to undermine root with an obvious wink and nod at someone else who is cleverly not being mentioned by name.

Regardless, I'll talk about this match thread only now.

Root is the 2nd best test batter in history.

By the time he retires, he'll have the records, the name, the fame but not the 1.4B mafia
U overestimating engilsh players mental strength, they are always 1 Ashes disaster away from retirement. If England lose next ashes 5 - 0 and root again fails in that series he may very well retire and sleep at home . They are mentally very fragile players.

Nah. 15 overs top. Take 2-3 wickets today and then have 3 sessions to take the rest of wickets. Pakistan will collapse on last Day.
disagree - still a flat deck - you need to give 100 overs at least to bowlers to take 10 wickets . Safety lies in bowling 45 today & even if PK sets a target of 150 , go for it in 20 overs .

When will Pak fans stop this colonial mindset and actually be proud of something of their own.... When...??

I would be so ashamed, and was, as a 90s cricket fan, of the way we used to play, but never once , was fanning over some random white guy, just to satisfy my crave.

Harry Brook kind of ruined it. If he hadn't batted well and gotten out playing stupid shot. Root's runs would've meant so much more.

Now England can potentially go for 1000 runs. Harry Brook will have 300 as well and people won't rate Roots 300 as high.

You are a very dumb poster bro, no offence.

Calling out the quality of this knock has nothing to do with Sachin.

You are simply making things up to start a flame war.
India zindbad, now I'm super smart and big brain. That's the logic that someone who barely has a presence here is using.

khair it is my last comment. I will now watch you all get pestered by root achieving something a special someone could not .

I am genuinely sorry for Pak cricket today. This is beyond stupid.

It is one thing to not have skills, but to actively make a pitch, that makes the bowlers works like a mule, in Multan's heart, is just sadistic.

Whosoever involved in the decision should be made to stand in the heat for 5 days.

They are bowlers, not some machine. Have some mercy.

Back