Pakistan battle to save an innings defeat against England as they reach 152/6 at stumps on Day 4 of the first Test

What perplexes me is the hype neutral and non Pakistani fans create for this team. It's a nothing team. I've been telling from Day 1 of this Test match that England will take a lead and Pakistan will crumble. We have seen this even recently against Bangladesh.

That defeat of whitewash against Bangladesh was much more worse than this. England is still a superior team than Bangladesh.

I reckon if Stokes was available who knows England could’ve maybe beaten that score.

Btw whoa! SL making 952/6 v India!. Why didnt they go for 1k only 48runs away which will never be scored in modern cricket.
No idea but from memory it was a Jayasuriya special,....mid 90s India were SLs whipping boys

What perplexes me is the hype neutral and non Pakistani fans create for this team. It's a nothing team. I've been telling from Day 1 of this Test match that England will take a lead and Pakistan will crumble. We have seen this even recently against Bangladesh.

That defeat of whitewash against Bangladesh was much more worse than this. England is still a superior team than Bangladesh.
Which Pakistan fans created any hype for this pathetic bunch of losers since that Bangladesh whitewash?

As usual Pakistani pannic button is on ! England just needs to bowl with some discipline, Pakistani batsmen will take responsibility to dothe rest

It was pointless declaring on this pitch. Should've asked Jamie Smith to play for a ton.

Pitch still is a highway.

England themselves are pretty tired and that drop shows that.

I reckon if Stokes was available who knows England could’ve maybe beaten that score.

Btw whoa! SL making 952/6 v India!. Why didnt they go for 1k only 48runs away which will never be scored in modern cricket.

Looking at the score card both teams declared and either ran out of time or came to last 1 hour and shook hands...

Like night follows day PAK collapsing under the scoreboard pressure they themselves created by preparing this highway (made worse by a poor bowling unit).

Don't mind losing provided the cricket is somewhat entertaining. Instead we have the worst of all worlds - on top of losing we have lifeless pitches, dull matches, terrible broadcasts and dated grounds.

Forget new fans, why would existing fans take leave off work to watch this time and again ?

The thing about Shan is that he is trying to emulate Bazball eventhough he lacks the talent, ability or skill to do so. Meanwhile, other PAK batters who have far greater talent and even skill don't have the guts to bat this way.

Mediocrity Begets Mediocrity.. Shan Masood should be no where near Pakistan Team let alone captaining it with horrendous test career as a batter. now that he has scored ton on this road , we will be forced to watch this torture for years to come. im rooting for England to win this series 3-0 for sake of Pakistani Fans

Looking at the score card both teams declared and either ran out of time or came to last 1 hour and shook hands...
Sri Lanka scored some 365/5 on the final day, I guess they ran out of overs. It was truly pathetic display of cricket. No drive for a result.

Mediocrity Begets Mediocrity.. Shan Masood should be no where near Pakistan Team let alone captaining it with horrendous test career as a batter. now that he has scored ton on this road , we will be forced to watch this torture for years to come. im rooting for England to win this series 3-0 for sake of Pakistani Fans

And what drastic changes will happen after this result?

More so the neutral fans. Which is odd. Because why would you create fake hype and status around Pakistan Cricket and Board right now in current state.
It was always a given that these no-hopers would concede 600+ to England every time considering they got beat up by Bangladesh batters so badly.

Shan masood shouldn't even be in Pak's List A or fc team, he is that bad

Like night follows day PAK collapsing under the scoreboard pressure they themselves created by preparing this highway (made worse by a poor bowling unit).

Don't mind losing provided the cricket is somewhat entertaining. Instead we have the worst of all worlds - on top of losing we have lifeless pitches, dull matches, terrible broadcasts and dated grounds.

Forget new fans, why would existing fans take leave off work to watch this time and again ?
Agreed. I'd rather take us fold 2 times in a 3-day test on a proper wicket.

Losing on flat roads is a slow, painful, embarrassing demise.

Is it really that unique a thing? Haseeb Hameed was batting in India eight years ago..
Yes but the irony is he could be leading Eng to a win... that is the zalim bit

Second generations playing against the country of their parents isnt unique...

Rachin, Ajaz Patel etc come to mind.... for India

England might win, but even if this fizzles out into a draw sometime tomorrow I am not sure it matters. Pakistan are likely to be physically and mentally cooked for the series after conceding 800+ across 9 sessions in a baking hot field.

England might win, but even if this fizzles out into a draw sometime tomorrow I am not sure it matters. Pakistan are likely to be physically and mentally cooked for the series after conceding 800+ across 9 sessions in a baking hot field.
England players also bowled the same overs in the 1st innings in same conditions

In fact they will end up bowling more.

England players also bowled the same overs in the 1st innings in same conditions

In fact they will end up bowling more.
That's the thing. And if England have to bowl first in Multan yet again in the 2nd Test, PAK will have a huge advantage .

Would've been better if they simply looked to break the 952 record unless the pitch showed genuine signs of turn , uneven bounce.

That's the thing. And if England have to bowl first in Multan yet again in the 2nd Test, PAK will have a huge advantage .

Would've been better if they simply looked to break the 952 record unless the pitch showed genuine signs of turn , uneven bounce.

No offence - this is a clueless post.

But they are fitter and better and not on a long losing streak. Makes a huge difference.
Fitter or not. Both teams. Infact England would spend more time. Fitness is upto individual and every individual has to recover from it.

Moreover we are talking about draw. If England wins then they will feel good about it. If not then nothing much was gained from this Test match except fatigue for both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a BS argument. Fitter or not. Both teams. Infact England would spend more time. Fitness is upto individual and every individual has to recover from it.

Moreover we are talking about draw. If England wins then they will feel good about it. If not then nothing much was gained from this Test match except fatigue for both teams.

Top level sport is largely mental.

Not being considered in numerous posts here or on twitter, still going on about the pitch. Pitch is not number 1 factor now, mentality is.

one way to Fix Pakistan cricket is to stop this obsession of finding raw talent for senior team since we lack that nowadays . our team selection should be based on Numbers only. A batter averaging above 50 should be an automatic choice against Batter that has below 40 with minimum 50 first class innings. stop obsessing over no look shots. Same goes for bowlers. a bowler with more wickets and better strike rate should be better than Pace sensation.

Pakistan is a batsmans dream place to bat. Flattest wickets on earth. Even the weak BD batting scored above them in the first test, recently. Champions trophy could see some huge scores team wise and individually. I truly hope CT happens in Pak.

There is only 2 scenerios from here.

1: DRAW ( looks tough)
2: Pakistan losing by an inning or 10 wickets ( quite possible)

Pakistan is a batsmans dream place to bat. Flattest wickets on earth. Even the weak BD batting scored above them in the first test, recently. Champions trophy could see some huge scores team wise and individually. I truly hope CT happens in Pak.
England's 498 record is definitely in danger of the wickets are this level of flat

England's 800+ has changed the complexion of the game it no longer boring batting for both teams. This has now become a real test of whether Pakistan can handle pressure to lose after scaring 550 would be humiliating. And a chance for England's spinners to show if they can make can impact. This is an opportunity for someone to step up. This is now a real Test match.

THe problem about playing aggressively from here is they could get out doing that. It is a lose lose situation. Playing defensively will make England attack them more.

Pakistan's seamers did all they could against on a flat pitch and world class batting Butut spin was a let down not sure Abrar is robust enough to be a front line spinner in Test cricket. Surprisingly Saim Ayyub looked to have as good as bowling action with spin and flight as anyone. Maybe he could work on being the second or third spinner in the Sub-continent as well as his batting.

Back