Pakistan battle to save an innings defeat against England as they reach 152/6 at stumps on Day 4 of the first Test

England wasting time now
I mean they can still win. Get a lead of 350 to 400, give pakistan an entire day to bat on day 5 and bowl em out. It's possible, Pakistan got bowled out by bangaldesh on day 5 granted bangla had a much much superior attack with mehidy, Rana, And mahmud.

Geez they made an absolute road.

Even the guys designing highways would be proud of this craftsmanship.

Ward asks serious question of when should England declare to win this game…

Ramiz immediately changes the topic to milestones! I swear this guy is the reason why Pakistan have become a club level team
Tbh it seems fairly obvious that they are looking for Brook to get to some miletones. First would be 364, second would be 400.

Imran Khan still ain’t getting out of jail for his crimes.

Keep Politics out of this unless you really want your hero to be disgraced even further here.

I am beginning to understand why Naqvi is being criticized for everything

Not at all.

They want as many runs as possible in as quickly as possible. They could care less if Brook is close to milestones
They already have enough runs to beat PAK by an innings. This is just adding insult to injury and helping Brook rack up some records

Damn even though the pitch is flat and a roadmap for future motorway, this is some unltra minnow level bowling by PCT. Bowl bloody negative lines, brainless bowling.

Minimum 350 lead they'll look for. No need to bat second then
The prospect of batting out 4 and a half sessions would have been more daunting for Pak batsmen.
Runs don't matter once you're 200 runs ahead. Even if Pak get 300 England would chase 100 down in 12 overs

They already have enough runs to beat PAK by an innings. This is just adding insult to injury and helping Brook rack up some records
The other thing is, the pitch may not be to their liking at the moment… so if they don’t have enough, Pakistan might knock off the first 200 runs easily without losing a wicket or two.

I think England are doing the right thing here. Batting hard, dancing down the track against spinners (wear the pitch more) and pulverising Pakistan as much as possible.

Honestly, they should just chase the records.

This pitch is too flat for picking 10 wickets.
That is what they seem to be doing. Root missed out on a golden opportunity to score 300.

As for the pitch, I can see it changing a bit tomorrow. Even if it doesn't PAK will capitulate to the scoreboard pressure and find a way to implode.

I am sticking with my prediction of the game getting wrapped up by tomorrow morning. Pakistan will get bundled out around 200.
That's my prediction as well. But I'm stating the simple fact.

Saim doesn't score then I don't see what else can be done.

Then again this is the sane team which has a chawal crybaby as captain, followed by a chawal keeper and a chawal king. And these boys ain't going nowhere. So who knows.

Could be wrong but non Asian teams couldn’t give 2 hoots about personal records .

Mark taylor declaring himself 1 run behind bradmans 333 Atherton declaring Hick out in the 90s
Explain Haydo going for Laras record and going past it? Last I checked Australia wasnt an Asian team...

Need Carse, Woakes and Atkinson to give us some entertainment. Should Target 900 at least. 1000 is a stretch goal

The prospect of batting out 4 and a half sessions would have been more daunting for Pak batsmen.
Runs don't matter once you're 200 runs ahead. Even if Pak get 300 England would chase 100 down in 12 overs
But their bowlers bowled 149 overs and no need to exhaust them. If a result is possible, it will be possible in 100 overs

Explain Haydo going for Laras record and going past it? Last I checked Australia wasnt an Asian team...
If a record comes along the way then so be it. Doubt they go out of there way to go for a personal milestone like tendulkar selfishly went for the 100th ton & lost to bangladesh in the process

I mean they can still win. Get a lead of 350 to 400, give pakistan an entire day to bat on day 5 and bowl em out. It's possible, Pakistan got bowled out by bangaldesh on day 5 granted bangla had a much much superior attack with mehidy, Rana, And mahmud.
This I believe

The other thing is, the pitch may not be to their liking at the moment… so if they don’t have enough, Pakistan might knock off the first 200 runs easily without losing a wicket or two.

I think England are doing the right thing here. Batting hard, dancing down the track against spinners (wear the pitch more) and pulverising Pakistan as much as possible.
For me the more likely outcome is PAK capitulating to the scoreboard pressure. Whether or not the pitch has demons on Day 5. But I guess there will be more scoreboard pressure at 850 than 800 so whatever

That's my prediction as well. But I'm stating the simple fact.

Saim doesn't score then I don't see what else can be done.

Then again this is the sane team which has a chawal crybaby as captain, followed by a chawal keeper and a chawal king. And these boys ain't going nowhere. So who knows.
The problems with Pakistan cricket are way way deep. As a cricket fan, its sad to see loss of cricketing powerhouse.
Well as we chat, Saim has picked another wicket :p

Babar latches on to something....is that the reversal of his fortunes or him plotting a comeback to captaincy, after dropping a couple of dollies to sabotage Masood captaincy?

If a record comes along the way then so be it. Doubt they go out of there way to go for a personal milestone like tendulkar selfishly went for the 100th ton & lost to bangladesh in the process
Ahh the SRT, offcourse Pakistan's love hate affair with him continues long after he has retired.

For me the more likely outcome is PAK capitulating to the scoreboard pressure. Whether or not the pitch has demons on Day 5. But I guess there will be more scoreboard pressure at 850 than 800 so whatever
Pitch is still too flat. But yes Pakistan are Pakistan

Pakistan barely lasted more than 5 sessions in the first innings with no pressure at all.
On day 4 and day 5 with utterly tired legs, it will be an achievement if Pakistani batters last 80 overs.

Saim Ayub has bowled better than harry potter

But it took an injury to start using Saim

That's how brain-dead shan and co. are

Back