Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

NZL are good team at home. But in Asia they are terrible.

Eh? There last two tours of Asia were a win in the UAE and a draw in Sri Lanka. India will beat them, but otherwise I think they’ve shown themselves to be very competitive in Asian conditions.

Pakistan scoring at double the rate this test
Maybe they've stopped listening to misbah

No point just loitering about waiting for one with your name on it. There will be some edges, some plays and misses but need runs if we can play some cricketing shots. Do not need to transform into hacks, just cricketing shots.

Loving the positive intent by the batsman. On these tracks better score as many as you can before you get an unplayable one like Fawad

Lol this over started out with the commentators saying this “wow 0-12 in 5 overs, fantastically economical bowling from Boult”

Rizwan is trying to counter attack- he is in good touch, with a bit of luck it can work.

This the same ground McCullum smashed Australia in his final Test right?

Southee is so much the Abbas when the ball stops talking

What a delivery to finish the over.

Rizwan seems like he is trying to ride his luck a little bit.

How is Zafar as a batsman? In comparison to Yasir and Sohail?

As per domestic performances he is much better. Averaged 30 off last season and scored around 400 runs with a 100 as well.

As per domestic performances he is much better. Averaged 30 off last season and scored around 400 runs with a 100 as well.

And just to confirm, you are talking about red ball runs right? Where does he bat? Similar number?

If Azhar gets pinned LBW standing inside to Southee baba’s 125kph....

Should back himself to stand outside and be able to tackle Southee’s shorter balls.

A bit like going into lunch with 25 runs extra on the board. Not bad

I think one thing we can do is keep Misbah as the Test coach

Might as well find a different ODI and T20 coach

NZ will missing spinner here

They had a plan that they’ll bowl first while PAK would have batted first this time, so Kiwis took a calculated gamble. Spinners might not be bowling much in first three days here.

Rizwan needs to get big runs here a quick fire 30 or 40 isnt going to help much. Azhar needs to get a 100.

Rizwan needs to get big runs here a quick fire 30 or 40 isnt going to help much. Azhar needs to get a 100.

If you ask me, would I take 270 batting first on this track before the innings...I would take it.

It’s better to rain in first day as they can make-up overs in next four. But, this breaks and loss of overs are not helping PAK - Kiwi wickets are much difficult in first two days’ 1st session and this wicket probably will get a bit faster on day two. 35-40 overs lost today means, PAK might bat first two morning sessions here, then Kiwis will start after lunch on day 2.

If you ask me, would I take 270 batting first on this track before the innings...I would take it.

Only way we get 270 is if these two in now put on 100+ runs together.

Zafar Gohar, who's making his Test debut, was actually destined to debut back in 2015 when Misbah-ul-Haq was the skipper.
He was due to fly to Abu Dhabi but missed his flight as he remained asleep 😲

He was supposed to replace Yasir Shah back then 🔴

#NZvPAK

Courtesy
Cricingif

It’s better to rain in first day as they can make-up overs in next four. But, this breaks and loss of overs are not helping PAK - Kiwi wickets are much difficult in first two days’ 1st session and this wicket probably will get a bit faster on day two. 35-40 overs lost today means, PAK might bat first two morning sessions here, then Kiwis will start after lunch on day 2.

I don't think.. . this wicket will become easy for batting after day 1 or 2..

Zafar Gohar, who's making his Test debut, was actually destined to debut back in 2015 when Misbah-ul-Haq was the skipper.
He was due to fly to Abu Dhabi but missed his flight as he remained asleep ��

He was supposed to replace Yasir Shah back then ��

#NZvPAK

Courtesy
Cricingif

Yup, this is well known and it's why he wasn't selected for a long period of time after that.

Seems like an over the top harsh treatment but its also pretty stupid for the player to miss his flight because he slept in.

Need 130-140 more between Azhar, Rizwan, Faheem and Zafar to have a decently competitive total here.

Everyone who was trashing Jamieson, here's your answer. I knew he would torment Pakistan and be new Zealands main bowler

Second innings I think it would be great for everyone if we place Harris at 8

He will do well to come after Faheem and Gohar

Man Boult has not bowled well this summer.

Struggling to pick up wickets and going for runs.

Lacks rhythm too. Maybe too much cricket, he was one of the few Kiwi players who player IPL as well.

Should bring on Jamieson for Boult and not let these two settle after the break.

Boult doesn't look like he's going to take wickets and is leaking runs.

Azhar ali has massively improved over the year was on the verge of being dropped.
Also pleasantly surprised with rizwan counter attacking

Back